October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cefrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is it. This is my Holy Grail lip product. These lip butters were well worth the hunt (found them at my local Rite Aid this morning) and they are seriously worth 5 stars. They're worth 100 stars as far as I'm concerned. I picked up Sugar Plum, which is the most perfect, MLBB with ooomph color I could ever have wanted. The formula is superb, color rich and glossy, a very light pleasant scent, no taste, feels fantastic on the lips and lasts a pretty darn long time. I'm just totally in love right now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So after reading tons of great reviews on these and being a complete lip balm junkie I decided I had to find them while they are on sale at Rite Aid. The Rite Aid close to my house NEVER has anything so I went to the one that's one town over and I found the display completely untouched save one tube (which I suspect was one of the colors I wanted!) and I ended up with 4 of these - Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie and Red Velvet. After wearing them all, the only one that I probably wouldn't repurchase is the Creme Brulee. The texture of these are very nice, very smooth and creamy. They're insanely pigmented so you really don't need much and they last a lot longer on the lips than you'd think (4+ hours with eating and drinking). Creme Brulee just sort of mutes my natural lip color a bit and it has a hint of shimmer in it. I only got Creme Brulee because there wasn't a Creamsicle one in the display and I thought it'd be a suitable alternative. Pink Truffle is the type of color that I normally wear, what would usually be considered a MLBB color. It's mauve but it's a really lovely mauve, less brown than rosy and has some slight shimmer as well. Berry Smoothie is the color that I could really see everyone loving. It's a gorgeous pinky shade that has pink and purple shimmers in it. My favorite of the bunch is Red Velvet which goes on a bit lighter than it looks in the tube and is just really, really gorgeous. Perfect for fall, absolutely lovely and the only one of the bunch I got without any shimmer to it. For the amount of product you get, I doubt I'd buy these at full price. These don't seem to make my lips feel any different after it wears off, except maybe a little drier which is the opposite of the intended effect. They're really not very moisturizing for something that bills its self as a lip butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Here's my opinion on the five I bought, and I uploaded some lip swatches with shade names.

None of these five have shimmer.

1. Strawberry Shortcake: A pink that's neither too light or too dark. It goes on sheer, but I like to add more for extra color.

2. Raspberry Pie: This shade is sort of a sheer purple raspberry. Two coats gives a pop of color. This shade now reminds me of something YSL or Dior would release.

3. Lollipop: Creamy fuchsia. The color is also buildable.

4. Candy Apple: A warm toned red.

5. Red Velvet: The darkest and most pigmented, besides Fig Jam. It's a cranberry shade.

I bought three more shades before the sale ended.
1. Cherry Tart: A cool toned cherry popsicle red. It also has subtle shimmer and a slight pink tint on my lips. This is my favorite.

2. Berry Smoothie: It's a mauve berry, and it also has shimmer. You cannot feel the shimmer and it's smooth.

3. Sweet Tart: A more bright bubblegum pink than Strawberry Shortcake. It's also a good pigmented shade. This one has no shimmer.

Update: These are permanent, but Revlon told me on Facebook that they are due on shelves in January 2012. They have the right amount of shine, and they hug your lips but don't slip around your lip line or wear off quickly. I wouldn't leave them in your purse or car during really warm weather. I'm sure it will melt because it's a lip butter in a stick form. Emma Stone is the new face of Revlon and she's wearing Candy Apple in the November issue of Vogue. In the article I found it stated that there will be 20 shades available and the set retail price is $7.49.

After using these for some weeks and comparing them to several brands, I've formed a more solid opinion. They are not a lip balm. There seems to be some confusion because people are assuming "lip butter" means a lip treatment or balm with sheer color. They are not like Maybelline Baby Lips, or much similar to Clinique Butter Shine lipsticks. To me they are a lot like Dior Addict High Shine lipsticks in both shade range and texture. Also, not all shades are created the same way. Some are very sheer while others are pigmented. I exfoliate my lips daily, but I have noticed they keep my lips in top condition all day. I am a Makeup Artist, and because of their quality in the drugstore I gave them a 5 rating.
Keep in mind that most women are not members of this site and so many have gone back to buy more. Based on the feedback Revlon is getting about these, I'm sure they are going to be bestsellers. Cherry Tart has been my every day lip color.

22 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was searching for these like crazy and finally found them at Rite Aid (feeling very lucky). I am not a lipstick person in general, no matter how hard I try and hoped these would be similar to the formula of Clinique's Almost Lipstick, which I really like, and they kind of are.

I got four colors: Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Red Velvet and Cupcake.
I have fairly pigmented lips, but here's how they are on me:
Sugar Frosting - the neutral pink I've been dreaming of. Very sheer, barely any color at all, leans to the cool side, tiny hint of lavender. No frost.
Creme Brulee: very pretty nude, sheer, color of light brown sugar with a slight touch of rose
Cupcake - baby pink, warm, sheer, with no frost.
Red Velvet - rich, buildable dark red with a nice shine.

These have an excellent texture without being greasy or sticky. Nice sheer finish with just enough sheen. Lasts really well for a "balm", although of course reapplication is needed after eating. Not much of a discernible taste to this except a slight sweetness, and no smell that I noticed. So pretty on, very smooth, with a weightless feel; Revlon got everything right. Wears off "clean", no lines or gloppiness.
Nice packaging as well. Revlon's signature quilt pattern but in semi-transparent shades of each lipstick.
There are a lot of great color options in this line and the price is reasonable. I am hoping these will be around forever.

A note, and why I gave them 4 instead of 5: if you are looking for a balm, go with the Neutrogena Revitalizing Tinted Lip Balm. Those are a lot creamier, have good pigmentation, and really sink in to moisturize well (Petal Glow is my HG lip product). These butters are more like sheer lipsticks, which are great, if that is what you are looking for - but they are not as moisturizing as a balm.

(I just realized this is my 160th review. Wow.)

19 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES:

cotton candy (medium pink)
cupcake (lilac)
strawberry shortcake (bubble gum pink)
sweet tart (hot pink)
tutti frutti (red-orange)

PROS

- creamy
- pigmented
- shade selection

CONS

- amount of product
- drying
- staying power

Comments: These have a very thick, creamy consistency. It offers the shine of a gloss and the feel of a balm. They're quite pigmented and there's a lot of shades available! Also, these work very well with lip gloss on top. It makes the color stand out more, while greatly increasing wear time and moisture.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by michellekriston

These are AMAZZZZING!!!!! I bought 8 at rideaid during their 40% off sale. The colors escape my memory right now, but I got a variety. They smell sweet, have no flavor but are super moisturizing and shiny on my lips!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This formula is fantastic!! They are lip balm lipsticks. They are alot like Clinique's Butter shine lipsticks. It is moisturizing and shiny on the lips.

I bought 9 colors:

- Cotton Candy (light pink with gold pearl)
- Cherry Tart (light cool toned red--a VERY wearable red lip)
- Berry Smoothie (berry pink)
- Creamsicle (light peach - a gorgy nude peach)
- Red Velvet (brown based red/maroon)
- Sugar Frosting- light nudish pink - very sheer
- Raspberry Pie - the most pigmented berry magenta
- Cupcake (cool toned pink )
- Sugar Plum - a pretty berry plum

I could have bought them all! The color range is impressive.

Some colors like Rasberry were very pigmented while others are a bit more sheer. All of them are buildable in color.

I passed on these colors:

-Lollipop - Gaga cool-toned pink
-Candy Apple (red - Cherry Tart is slightly more cool toned and more flattering on my skin)
-Pink Truffle - it was more brown than pink
- Gumdrop - lavender, like Lavender Whip from MAC
- Peach Parfait - coral/peach - it had glitter in it.

I found these at Harmon drugstores.

37 out of 47 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No