July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a Clarisonic Mia on the advice of a facialist to deep clean my pores. (she was probably overworked working on my face for that facial. eek!!). I decided to get the yellow Mia instead of the full sized one so it wouldn't take up as much space on my counter and would be more portable for travel. Luckily I got this with all kinds of samples from Sephora so I feel I got a great deal. I really like this device and love the color too - it is so cute! It is much more gentle than the cheap imitations I have been using that have been much too harsh for my sensitive skin. So far I have used it with the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it and I am happy with that although it seems like a normal cleanser to me so far. I would purchase this again, but hopefully it will last for a long long time and that won't be necessary anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsappleblossom77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was reluctant to spend that much money on a face cleaner, but I'm glad I did. My face feels nice and soft and clean! I haven't had much luck with it removing the blackheads from my nose, and I have been experiencing purging. So maybe I just need to switch to a better cleanser. Overall though the Mia is a good splurge. It makes you feel like you've been to the spa.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

EDITED 6/18/2011:

I've had my Mia for over a year now, and I've come back to totally change my review on it. Ever since I bought it, my skin kept breaking out more and more. I thought my skin was just "purging," as some people say happens at first until the benefits of using this brush kick in. Well, I don't think it should take an entire year for my skin to purge! I've switched cleansers, tried new topical creams, and STILL my face kept breaking out. I blamed it on stress, the weather, hormones, allergies, etc. I finally decided to stop using the Mia about 2 weeks ago, and lo and behold... my skin is actually clearing up!!! Unbelievable! Leads me to believe that I wasted A LOT of money on this stupid gadget (and because of it), because it only gave me more problems and didn't work for me at all. I will say that I DO have very sensitive skin. I also have rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia, oily skin (T-zone), and allergies to certain products (ie. lanolin, fragrance, etc).... so this brush apparently is no remedy for people who share my problems. I guess this is a brush for people with good skin... and if that's the case... why would you need the brush at all? I think this is just another one of those gimmicky fad products that no one really needs. JMHO.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by angieee7

I've been faithfully using my Mia for 10 days morning and night. 1 minute in the morning 2 at night on days I wear makeup. I'm a believer! My face is radiant without makeup! I have sensitive, combination, breakout prone skin that is also suffering from redness/minor acne scars. Since I have fair skin the redness and acne scars
have been an annoying issue for me. Since using Mia, my scars have faded considerably, redness calmed, and best of all, no breakouts! I did get one white head on the day I used too much sunscreen but that was nothing major. I really love the deep clean and look forward to cleaning my face everyday. If something were happen to my Mia or if I were to lose it, I would repurchase in a heart beat. It has become a vital part of my skin care and a powerful one at that. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cutesy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Mia! It's made the biggest difference in my skin of anything I have ever tried. It got rid of my blackheads on my nose and chin within about a month of use. I use it every morning in the shower on my face, chest and back, and honestly, my skin has not been this good in years. I have had these blackheads and clogged pores since my mid-20s, and although other products improved them, nothing ever made them go away entirely until I used this. Holy Grail, and totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by cbm618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this gadget!!! Makes my skin feel wonderful without making it super sensitive or raw feeling. When I use it on a regular basis my breakouts decrease dramatically, my skin glows a little more and feels softer and more even. I got the brush head for sensitive skin so I guess it's softer than the others. Fabulous little gadget, worth the investment, I'd recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by PhatRabbit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using my mia for a few months now. I haven't had as many breakouts and I love the way my skin feels. I don't feel like the minute is long enough to get totally clean so sometimes I go for two minutes. I purchased mine from QVC and I feel it was an excellent investment. My skin looks really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

I'm not one of the people that saw a difference from the first time i used my Clarisonic. I purchased the Mia because the SA at Sephora informed me that there was no difference between the normal Clarisonic and the Mia except that the Mia didn't have speed controls which i am happy about because the speed that the Mia goes in is perfect for me, so is the sensitive brush head that comes with it. At first i thought this was going to fail on me because i couldn't tell any difference on my skins appearance except that my face felt a lot smoother when i used the Clarisonic as opposed to using just my hands. I use Cetaphil cleanser or my Clinique liquid soap with my Clarisonic and now that i have been using it for almost 2 months i can definitely tell the glow in my skin i can just wear concealer on my under eyes and walk out of the house because thanks my Clarisonic i am now confident in my own skin. Thank you Clarisonic!

note: i purchased this when Sephora had %15 off and i had a gift card that i got from a swapper here so my Clarisonic was only around $90, totally worth the retail price for the results that it gives, i really recommend it. And there is no performance difference between the full size Clarisonic and the Mia they work the same the regular Clarisonic just has more speed options etc. but if you just want to use it for its purpose i suggest the Mia since it is the same thing but smaller, easier for storage/travel, and cheaper in price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by phone_wench

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about a month (morning and night), and there is absolutely a difference in the tone and clarity of my face. I bought this off the Q on easy pay, and I'm so glad I made the investment.

I have the Sally Beauty 'knock-off' I purchased a year ago, and there is no comparison (I know alot of ladies would probably disagree with me on that one)! I just didn't like the rough feel of the brush head, and I only used it used once or twice a week because of that reason.

The Mia I bought came with two brush heads (normal and sensitive), three sample cleansers (normal/oily, normal/dry, and sensitive), and the charger.

I also like the idea that I can use it in the shower, it has a timer, and you only charge it every couple of weeks. That way, you just toss it in your gym or overnight bag and you're ready to go; no cords or cradle to hassle with.

Would I buy this again if something happened to it? You better believe it! I love it that much!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

I live in Australia and through youtube videos, makeup alley and beauty blogs I became intrigued about the Clarisonic and the Mia. They do not sell the Clarisonic or anything remotely similar here in Australia (there is even a thread on Vogue forums dedicated to Aussies who want one) so, I had to think long and hard about buying one because the shipping is quite expensive and this is not a cheap product.
I knew I was taking a risk when I bought this because I was sort of "blindly" deciding to buy something that no one I actually knew could give me an opinion on it. My friends and family thought I was MAD - but they are quite used to my strange beauty habits by now and just all shook their heads at me and proclaimed that I had an extreme beauty addiction and beyond help.

My mum in particular said that I was basically throwing money away and that this was unnecessary and will do nothing. But!! I was still determined to buy and ship! about $190AUD later my clarisonic mia had arrived and my whole family was enthralled with this "strange device". The magnetic charger was a huge hit especially with my techno savvy little brother!

After one use, my mum commented that my skin looked glowing and radiant.

After about 3 days my grandparents commented on how well and healthy I looked because my skin was so flawless.

After a week the purging started. I was ok with this as I had expected this to happen due to reading reviews here. I have never had a facial with extractions and I guess that I had a lot of congestion which needed to come out.

A week and a half later - still purging but blackheads are greatly diminished (my whole nose was covered before, and nothing would get rid of them) and skin is still glowing just with a few small breakouts.

2 weeks later - minimal purging and a bit of dryness. I cut my usage down to just using the clarisonic mia at night time instead of twice daily.

3 weeks later - no more blackheads, even skin tone, softer skin, products sink in better - and the purging has stopped.

My mum wants me to give her a go of the mia! Well worth the money and the extra for shipping -

This is my new skincare secret!!! LOVE IT!

UPDATE: They now sell the Clarisonic Plus and all the brush heads in Australia in Myer and Djs.