October 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. Wish they had it when I was younger and my skin was acne-prone. I have noticed a major different in my skin since starting to use this. In fact, two of my friends already bought them just based on the difference in my complexion (which was already good!) My skin looks brighter, clearer, and exfoliated. I find that this helps remove dead skin, and leaves me skin extremely smooth. Best beauty-related purchase I think I've ever made.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hbeavers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had wanted the regular Clarisonic for years, but could not justify spending $200 and giving up my almost nonexistent counter space for the charger. This one was cheaper--I think it lists for 150 but I found 3 or 4 online vendors selling it for 20% off and free shipping. I ended up getting it as a QVC TSV for a lower price and free or reasonable shipping. I like it, but I don't think it does a great job of cleaning out enlarged pores. I don't wear that much makeup, so I don't know if it's cleaning off more gunk than cleanser followed by very gentle exfoliation. What I do like: I love the smooth clean feeling of my face after using it, but that doesn't last long. I don't break out that much, but I've had no problems with cysts; pre-Clarisonic I would get a cyst or two every 6 or 7 weeks. It's cute as all get out--I ordered mine in lavender. It's small enough to tuck in with the bath products I keep in a thing hanging on the shower head. The charger is tiny, just an electrical cord that attaches magnetically. It holds a charge for about four weeks of twice-daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very interesting experiment for me in buying the Mia. I say this because I already own the regular Clarisonic Pro skin care brush in pink (I retired that one to a closet over a year ago). I was never blown away by the regular version. I always felt kind of silly using it because it seemed like nothing more than a brush attached to a vibrator leaving me to still do all the work. I never felt it truly oscillate. I looked at it when it was on and it just seemed to vibrate and that was that (and no it was not defective because I played with another one at a completely different store and it did the same thing). I held it lightly against the skin and it just didn't seem as powerful or as effective as I had heard it would be. The oscillation felt weak (and I kept it fully charged). I ended up doing what I think a lot of people do which causes those flare ups of acne when using the regular version. I found myself pressing a bit harder and manually moving it in a circular motion around my face as it should have done on it's own (only gentler perhaps). I really think that's what probably made my acne worse with the regular brush.

I noticed that the percentage of people who would buy this version again was much higher than the regular version (this caught my eye). I also know that sometimes things that come in smaller packages are actually more powerful. I personally liked the clean look of the one that comes in white and decided to give it a try. I figured if I wasn't happy with it for any reason, I could just return it to Sephora. I love the size of the Mia, and find that it feels so much better in my hand. It's not as heavy or bulky, and yet the brush size is the same. It's got a much niftier charger, which is simple to use and takes up almost no counter space.

I smiled when I turned it on and used it for the first time. Finally I felt some real oscillation! I could feel it oscillate on my face (never got that from the regular version). All you have to do is lightly press it to your face and move it around and let it do most of the work for you. If you press too hard, the oscillation slows down a great deal. As someone who owns both versions, I feel this is definitely more powerful and effective. It may be a result of having the motor in a smaller housing thereby giving you more power and punch. Unlike so many of the exfoliating creams and scrubs out there that leave your face soft due to the residue left behind after using them, this leaves your skin soft and silky smooth all on it's own! This is what I was looking for. I use this with my Clinique soap (lathers like crazy which I love) and it leaves my skin so incredibly soft and smooth!

You don't need fancy cleansers with this. Just plain soap and water and you get a spa style exfoliation. Simple, clean and highly effective. I love how this exfoliates just enough for your face to accept whatever treatment you want to use next (I just use the soap). It helps my Clinique Acne Solutions soap penetrate better and really amps up the effectiveness of that product, and any other treatment I choose to use. It will just sit there on the top layer of your skin and do nothing if you don't exfoliate. I learned that the hard way with many products. They can't penetrate your skin and do much of anything if you have all this dead skin built up. This gives your skin so much clarity! My face looks polished and healthy. It gives you a very natural and healthy glow.

By the way, this is the best lip exfoliator out there (and I've tried them all). When I am done treating my face (I never use just one cycle anyway), I just push the button again and run it over my entire lip area. I just use my regular shower soap (Oil Of Olay Ultra Moisture), and let it flutter all over my lathered lips, polishing away all the debris and dead skin. You can really feel the difference when you get out of the shower and put on your favorite lip balm! The Mia is a keeper all the way! I'm so glad I decided to take a chance on this one!

64 out of 65 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by ikbk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After having used the Mia for ~8 months consistently, my pores have become more refined and skin is smoother. I'm attributing this to the brush as the few times I have skipped a day or two, my skin went right back to its oily misbehavior...disappointing (not to mention hideous). Initially used the delicate brushheads, switched to regular, and in another 3 months plan on switching back to delicate. Definitely would buy again (if I needed to) and would (and have) recommended to my friends. Travels no problem as well, from US, Korea, Egypt, UAE...no issues. Easy to clean, I'm happy with the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by emilywieja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the Mia for about a week and have already noticed a huge difference. I resisted getting one for a long time because I already take really good care of my skin and wasn't sure it would be beneficial to add the Mia to my routine. Lately though, I've been having trouble getting decent daily exfoliation to get my skin smooth and even- I use tazorac at night and though it helps in cell turnover long term, I find it makes manual exfoliation more problematic as the dead skin cells on my face seem to be more "sticky" and resistant to coming off, which can result in a dull complexion. The Mia has really done the trick in that regard- my face looks brighter, tighter, more even toned, and it just glows. I would compare the effects to a good vitamin c serum, though to be honest I've never gotten such great results from any one serum as from the Mia so far. I'll continue using and hope to see continued results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by yayteacher

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I finally gave in in April and bought the Mia. It is the best 120$ I have ever spent. I only break out the week before my period, and it does away within 2 days. I used to get cystic acne, and not anymore! My pores are smaller, and my skin glows. I would buy this again in a heartbeat! I even got my sister and mom one!! Give it a try, you won't be sorry!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ajiibabe

I've been using this for 3 days and my skin feels cleaner than when I wash my face and use a toner afterwards. I use the brush for about 1 min and 30 seconds because I'm not happy if I still find bits of gunk when I wipe my face with my toner.

So far, I'm happy with it. I'll review it again after prolonged use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for over 3 months now and really feel there is a difference. This tool does cleanse well or perhaps helps the cleanser I use (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming on recommendation from Derm.) be more effective. Skin feels smoother, tone is more even and fine lines are diminished.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ltbookt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a week, so it's too soon for me to do a fair review. However, for those who are looking for a sale price, www.skinstore.com is having a 20% off sale. No tax, no shipping. I got mine in 2 days. I'll update the review after I've used my Mia for a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by nishab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I'VE SPENT HUNDRENDS OF $$ ON SKIN CARE PRODUCTS.. SINCE A TEEN I HAD BREAKOUT AND THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED ON MY SKIN WAS PROACTIVE, NOW THAT PROACTIVE CHANGED SOME WHAT THEIR INGREDIENTS,ITS NOT AS EFFECTIVE SO I STOP.. BUT NOW I USE DDF GLYCOLIC ACID FACE WASH 5% WITH MY MIA AND OMG... THE GYLCOLIC ALONE DOES WONDERS BUT USE IT WITH CLARISONIC BRUSH YOUR SKIN WILL GLOW... YOU CAN BUT IT AT SEPHORA (DDF PRODUCTS)....THERE TWO PRODUCTS ARE A LITTLE PRICEY, BUT WORTH EVERY CENT!

UPDATE 7/4/2010

I TOOK MY CLARISONIC (MIA) BACK'
I WAS WATCHING YOUTUBE AND I SEEN A YOUNG LADY USE A MECHANICAL TOOTHBRUSH TO EXFOLIATE HER FACE.... SO I WENT TO TARGET AND GOT ONE COST $ 6.00 AND I USED IT WORKS JUST AS WELL AS THE MIA. AND COST LESS TOO. AND REALLY WORKS WELL AROUND YOUR NOSE