September 15, 2014 | 865 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Littlel07

I love this bronzer! I purchased this from Sephora almost 3 years ago and I am JUST starting to see the bottom of the box, with plenty left still. During the winter I have VERY pale Irish skin and a simple swipe across my cheeks, forehead/hairline, and chin makes a huge difference... Now having been out in the sun, i am getting a great base tan... this is basically the only product I will use during the summer months. This bronzer looks great on slightly tan to full blown tanned skin too! If applied properly... it looks SO natural!

Many people have complained that they can't get the application to look right...

To achieve that not so "muddy" look make sure you purchase yourself a great brush. Unfortunelty the brush that accompanies this lovely product is not so lovely itself.

Also, remember that this product is a bronzing POWDER... obviously...tap off excess into the box before applying to face... there will still be plenty of product on the brush for your application. Then you can go back and add a little more if you so choose. Especially if you have a pale complextion... you want it to look natural...

I just love this product so much, i hate to see consumers disregard it so quickly...

2/10
I have repurchased this product many times, and my satisfaction rate is still very high. Love, love, love. I now use a small kabuki brush instead of the brush that accompanies the product and I still get that natural looking feel. Even during the winter, this is the only product that touches my face minus my moisturizer. Great product - avid user

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:16:00 AM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

bit too dark and matte for my liking, i prefer bronzers to have a little sparkle! cute packaging though, and does last a long time as not a lot is needed per application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by angielynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
Very nice shade
NO SHIMMER
Need very little
Seems a bit expensive for some but it lasts forever!

Cons:
Because it does last so long, they should put it in stronger packaging! Mine totally fell apart.
The brush is cute but not the best tool for putting on the product.

OVERALL: I love this product. It looks beautiful on my skin, and I am very pale. It is easy to work with and I always get a ton of compliments on how pretty I look when I wear it. I also love that it has no shimmer, that is one of its most valuable assets.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jenskimollero

I really like this stuff.. it can look a little muddy if you're not careful, but the best way to avoid that is to make sure your skin is completely dry (as in no moisturizer recently put on or no face washing/foundation for about 10 minutes). When used with a little MAC silverdusk it gives me a perfect glimmery glow, without being too yellow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by imsofly420

love it because it has no shimmer!! it seems like most brands have this notion that if someone wants to use a bronzer, they clearly must also want glitter all over their face?! i've never understood that one. but, yeah, very natural looking! you have to use a light touch and only put on a little on your brush at a time...duh...this is a bronzer not a blush. i hate when people blame the product when they don't know how to apply makeup. and, it lasts forever-i've had mine for like a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just finished reading everyone's reviews and wish I could use the 'light touch' to make this bronzer work! I end up look streaky and muddy, even if I use my own brushes!
EDIT: I have finally achieved that light touch and this bronzer is wonderful all over where the sun hits or as a contour colour. lasts ages and doesnt cause any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Juicy376

I have been using Hoola for about 4 years now and adore it. I use it EVERYDAY and have found one box lasts me 2 years. :o) As with all bronzers, the idea is to give you a natural glow, not a full on tango tan. I love the fact that the bronze is BROWN and not ORANGE! I agree with others that it probably would make you look dirty if you applied to much, but what i do love is that its not sparkly or glitzy like so many bronzers are. I'm 21 not 12 for goodness sake! HAHA! I use Bare Minerals foundations or YSL Perfect Touch on spotty days and i find Hoola compliments both so well. I do like the "Warmth" that comes with the Bare Minerals, but its just a bit orange for my personal liking. I have quite pink undertones so i dont ever use a blush, i persoanlly think it makes me look like i've either got sunburn, im embarassed, i've been slapped or like ive been crying! So bronzer IS my blush as well.

The brush that comes with it is absoutly RUBBISH i invested in a decent blusher brush from the Benefit counter which is much more effective and doesnt give me gastly streaks across my cheekbones, however even after 2 years and washing the brush fortnightly those damn hair are still coming out and i keep going about my day with what look like giant eyelashes stuck to my cheeks! *rolls eyes*

I am fair, freckly, have pink undertones, have blue eyes and am an almost natural blonde. Nobody has ever told me that my makeup is anything other than that of a natural sun lover!

The only reason i *may* stray from using Hoola is that i am very tempted to try "Dallas" since i live in England, i feel this may be even better suited to my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cbsallee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I have used this for many years...I do love bare minerals bronzer even better...a slight more natural if you want to use it for heavier bronze look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Even the salesperson at the Benefit boutique told me this is not a great bronzer for layering heavily on it's own, and warned me about the dirty face thing. It does, however, work beautifully as your base bronzer when applied evenly with a light hand, and then a different sheer powder sparkly bronzer on top. It builds very well if you want more color. If you use liquid or gel bronzer, you can tap it on without the Hoola coming off. It's an extra step that you may not want bother with, but I must say it gives me the most amazing look and seems to set bronzers on top that have more shimmer. It's very matte and will look like dirt if you over apply, but I recommend it as a base color for sure. It actually has a bit of coverage and gives a very, very natural color. I can skip powder and foundation. It lasts FOREVER. I've had the same box for over a year - maybe because I use it lightly, but no joke. I haven't even hit the bottom of the pan yet. Use a fluffy brush - the brush supplied is a good little brush, but unless you really tap off extra product might deposit too much for you (the result: dirty face.) I really recommend at least trying it on at the store. The layering trick gives me the exact look I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by liu79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that the key to using this is with a very light application. Overload can result in your face looking kind of dirty! However once you find the light touch and use it carefully it really is an excellent bronzer. I think it smells yummy too!