April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this bronzer forever, and I use it everyday! The best part about this is that it doesn't have any shimmer in it. What kind of tan has shimmer?? I ditched the brush it came with a long time ago and started using my MAC brushes (the skunk brush and #129, depending on what I want) with them and they give a more natural look than the hoola brush. FYI: My skin is a medium-toned olive shade. I could see how if you were pinker, this would look funny. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2006 7:05:00 AM More reviews by perfumequeen604

Um...yea....it does give you a dirty brown look...if you put too much, it will make you look like you just came out of a mud wrestling contest.
So, what are you conna do with the rest of the bronzer?
You can either Swap it with people who LOVEE this product online...OR...use it to contour and "enhance" your cleavage...(but during night time though) cuz the color can be too dark for day time usage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lotsofsunshine

I am constantly looking for a good powder bronzer and this is NOT the one. This color is a dirty brown not bronze. It also disappeared off my face after an hour or so. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2006 1:04:00 AM More reviews by diducdakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

after reading all the reviews here, i went out and bought it. it was my second bronzer after my Wet n' Wild one (which is far more better and only $3).. i really wanted to like this trust me!!! but it just looked ruddy and made my skin look dirty and did not give me a nice glow at all. my boyfriend kept laughing at me so i had to wash my face to take it off lol. returning it tomorrow~

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rnkiley

Just not real impressed with this stuff. i had read that this bronzer is flattering to most everyone, and I didn't happen to be one of those people. Although it is more neutral in color and not as orange as most bronzers it still didn't suit my fair-medium skin. Would definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cjko

I like the color of this bronzer and the fact that it isn't sparkly like a lot of bronzers out there. The color is a nice brown and isn't too pink or orange. I don't like the packaging at all and the brush is horrible. Overall I do like this bronzer and would probably repurchase...but one box of it should last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by beachhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG bronzer! I can customize it from light to dark depending if I have a little tan. I thought this was going to be a disaster but I was wrong!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Eva25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite bronzers. It looks really natural and doesn't make you look orangey or dirty like some bronzers. I looks really good with NARS Orgasm blush, Bare Escentuals Golden Gate blush or the Scott Barnes Samba palette. I am a NC40 (a little lighter in the winter) and it looks very natural on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by gwenbaby68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOOLA gives my NW 30 skin such a natural glow, I forget i have anything on! I hate bronzers with shimmer or reddish undertones because they look fake..this one is neither! IMO it's very pricey..but you get what you pay for..plus with 11 grams of powder, it's actually a good deal! Will continue to buy...and I might try the new Dallas powder for a lightter look since Dandelion is way too light for my skintone.
P.S. haven't even attempted to use that little brush it comes with..I think it's there purely for novelty! Use a GOOD blush brush like MAC's

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hoola is an great bronzer. Most importantly, it has NO orange or rust colors in it! You would think by now, m/u companies would realize, nobody wants those colors in a bronzer or self-tanner, but I still come across it! Also, Hoola has NO shimmer or sheen to it. It is totally matte, which is so much more flattering AND more natural looking. Who gets a tan with shimmer on their face? Finally, the color is light enough, that you can really adjust the look of Hoola to what you want. When I am at my palest, in the dead of winter, 1 quick, light coat of Hoola, just gives me just a hint of color. In the summer, when I am self-tanning, I may do 1 coat all-over, than another light coat on the apples of my cheeks. I do not want to show up one day, in the middle of winter, with an orangey, powdery bronzer all over my face. Hoola will never do that! Few bronzers look more natural. One more hint - throw away the brush that comes with it. It is awful. Use a good quality face powder brush - it will make a huge difference in the look of the application.