October 1, 2014 | 1776 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by isa1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder! I love it! I love how it makes my skin look and the color. I bought it in Sand. I was dissapointed with the Dream Liquid Mousse so I was in doubt, but it is way better. It stays on for a long time on my crazy, oily T-Zone. I still have to reapply once in a while, but it doesn't bother me. The only thing I don't like is the cheap puff thing. It sucks and its beginning to smell horribly. I totally recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by EmilyMarie18

When I first opened this product, it looked great: perfect shade, cool packaging, etc. I swatched it on my finger and I found it was scratchy. There's like little bumps in it that are very unpleasant when they hit your skin. I did like the swing out puff holder, but the puff started to smell HORRIBLE after about 2 weeks, so I tried to use a brush. I have very pale skin, and when I put it on it looks orange. The lightest shade too. I would not recommend this, to anyone. The foundation happens to be amazing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by caitlincoulthard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a sort of 'replacement' to my Clinique Almost Powder. I use this to blot throughout the day to save money. As for coverage, I would say it is low to buildable. I simply use it for the purpose of mattifying, but it will cover blemishes somewhat if my concealer wears off a bit. Overall, I like this product. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

I have oily skin, but this product keeps my face from getting shiny! I still blot, and oil is there - but you can't see it on my face (which is amazing). This has become a holy grail product of mine. I use golden beige in the revlon colorstay foundation, and I use the medium 0-1 sand color in this product. I thought it would be too light and considered returning it to get one color up, but because it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The main reason I use it is to set my foundation and to keep my oily face matte throughout the day! The package is cheap, but it doesn't bother me at all. For $6 at Target, I can't really complain. By the way, this product has not made me break out at all. This in conjunction with the revlon colorstay foundation has actually improved my skin. Goodbye bareminerals! I am completely in love with this product!

Edit: March 31, 2010 // I went back and got one color up in Beige 2.0-2.5 and although they are both sheer I must say I like this color better. I'm keeping the other one around for the winter months. Although the color difference does not make a huge difference, I just feel like the Beige is a better fit for me now. By the way, I'm NC30-35 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by geriberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this powder. I have this in Beige (Medium 2-5). I use this as a setting powder for my under eye concealer everyday, and most days I end up applying this all over my face as well. It evens out my skin tone and it mostly conceals the redness around my nose. It has a wonderful matte finish. It does not prevent shine, but it's easy enough to reapply every 4 or so hours. I use the included puff for setting my concealer and my Eco-Tools retractable kabuki brush for all over application. Would definitely purchase again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mousie0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my first review on any products at all.

I have oily skin and when I put makeup on ..I would say after 30 mins or so I would start to shine and in about an hour or so I would look like a grease monkey.

Soooo after reading from this site...I have decided to use this ...after all the good reviews of course.

I love this the first time I used it. 1st week was great. I cant believe I wasnt oily anymore after applying makeup.

BUTTTTT !!! I start breaking out...i am talkin about huge zits which I only get once in awhile when "it's the time of month". I was hoping on a miracle powder that would help my oily skin so far I am using something else I hope that would work. I'll write a review on that after a week or so

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mwsilhavy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my oily T zone - it works really well and the color is great. It doesn't cake or settle in my fine lines. I use it all over my face as a foundation on really rushed mornings - it covers pretty well and blends nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the way this powder perfects my skin and keeps shine at bey (bay?). Sometimes the style of the compact causes the bottom part to slide open and the puff comes flying out...but that's ok...I use a separate powder brush anyway. :)
    this is a great powder! Feels luxurious like a department store brand, but is half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by rachmaworld

This is a good setting powder for anyone who is on a budget. Personally, the packaging is a little weird- the swiveling mirror is a little to complicated for my taste. I initially tried this product out because of it's good reviews on YouTube...don't get me wrong, it is a good powder, but I'd rather stick to my Clinique pressed powder than repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Marbeque07

Applies smoothly, great texture, never cakey, never chalky. Definitely a bang for your buck. I just can't purchase again because I need some sort of oil control, which this does not do at all.