October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by h7georgia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love High Beam! I have a small sample from a kit that is still going! Only problem with buying the big one is I don't like the applicator as much as on the sample!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by amysass7

This pretty pearly pink highlighter is great for summer, if your looking for a minimal make up look - or just want to epmhasise your cheek bones.

The bottle is a little useless and the applicator brush (it's literally like a nail polish bottle and it isn't the best tool to apply it with).

I dab the tiniest amount on my fingertips and just pat it along my cheekbones, down my nose, on the inner corners of my eyes and a little on my brow bone - I even think you'd could use it really really really sparingly on your temples too!

Repeat - you do not need to use alot at all, start with a small amount and work your way up if you need anymore - but most likely you will not.

I tend to apply this highlighter after I have applied my foundation, It blends better that way. To set the look I would reccomend a really light dusting of powder.

It's a little pricey for what it is - but I'd happily buy it again - but from the looks of it I can tell this is going to last me for ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by carlz33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great little highlighter! Looks great on the cheekbones with some blush underneath or works great as a highlighter for the brow bone. Cute packaging but a little inconvienient to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by PixelDustDreams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been to Benefit many times and tried this on, but never made the plunge and purchased it. I always figured it wasn't a necessary product, more of a novelty. Well, the other day, I was going there for something else and decided I'd finally buy it. I am so happy I did. I have blonde hair with blue eyes, with medium tanned skin, and this stuff looks amazing on! It gives me that dewy, very moisturized, perfect skin, glow! I use it on my cheek bones, cupids bow, and the inner corners on my eyes, and maybe a slight bit down my nose. I apply it before I use my blush and it makes that stand out too. I will always have this stuff around now... it's a lovely product! And the glimmer isn't glittery and gaudy, it's soft and subtle. And a little goes a LONG way! It just makes you look finished and healthy and beautiful! Yesss!

Edit: Since I've been using this, I've had SO many compliments on "how great I look". My friends say, "Wow, you look so pretty today, you're glowing!" - just a touch, and I get dewy, healthy looking skin! This is becoming one of my HG have to have products! LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tkh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this for free as a deluxe sample for redeeming beauty points and hate it. It does not go on smoothly and is not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair/white skin, but sometimes it can be red in spots (I'm of Irish descent). I love for my skin to look super smooth and glowing. When I am applying my foundation, I put some of the Benefit High Beam on my face at the same time and blend it all together. The High Beam gives my skin a subtle sheen, without looking like "glitter" or anything like that. In addition, the pale pinkish/white color of High Beam ends up making my skin look a tad bit whiter overall, and thereby minimizing any redness. This is a product I always make sure I NEVER run out of.

My only "complaint" would be that sometimes the very end bits of the product end up getting stuck on the inside of the glass bottle, and there is no way to reach it with the applicator brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Lucy014

BeneFit products are amazing, but you have to apply this right. I use mainly BeneFit makeup apart from my foundation (Chanel), which I only use if I'm having a bad day or something. This is defo the best highlighter ever!! It just looks so beautiful, natural, and I love the word BeneFit uses - ethereal! I really does look lovely, but you mustn't use too much. I don't know what its like all over your face, as I only use a little teensy bit on my cheeks, cos I hate hate hate to look like I'm wearing makeup. I wouldn't dare put it anywhere near my t zone like some people do because thats where I get oily skin, but it really does give you a perfectly natural, radiant glow that just makes you look like you naturally have it! I dno how other people use it but maybe some people don't like it because they use to much or put it in the wrong place, but I think a little bit on the cheeks after blush (posietint for me!) looks so lovely. Buy it!! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First I bought High Beam but I couldn't stop wondering if Moon Beam would've been nicer. So I had to get Moon Beam too. I find that both are nice in their own ways. I will tell you the differences so you won't have to wonder. For reference I am NC30 Asian.

HIGH BEAM: This one is pearlized pink in color. The pinkness doesn't show up. Only the silvery sparkles do. High Beam glow is more prominent than Moon Beam. Maybe it's due to the difference in mica and titanium dioxide content in the formulas. The sparkles are silvery white on my skin. Though they are super duper fine, if you put too much, like when you mix it with foundation and wear all over, you will look metallic. Think Tin Man in Wizard of Oz. You might be able to wear it all over if you have fair/light skin because there's not much color contrasting going on. If you're darker warmer skin toned, it's better to wear it only where you want to highlight. Remember to use very little amount. It will give you the glow you're looking for.

MOON BEAM: This gives you subtler glow. It's more suitable for everyday wear. The color is peachy with pink-gold iridescence. Somehow I think gold sparkles are not as reflective as silver ones in High Beam. If what you're looking for is a full-makeup/night-out/show-time highlighter, Moon Beam is not much of it. I think its best use is to mix with moisturizer or sunscreen to wear all over on days that you want to wear no makeup but don't want to look blah either. Again not too much or you will look fake.

Some say that High Beam is for lighter skin tone and Moon Beam is for darker. I say choose High Beam for spot highlighting and Moon Beam if you want subtle all-over glow. Personally I like Moon Beam better. I get more use out of it.

64 out of 65 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

This is a fantastic all purpose highlighter. A little goes a long way for sure. The only downside might be that it does have a tendency to fade quicker on oilier skin tones and also, it works better when blended right away, otherwise it can get kind of streaky. Otherwise, it's a wonderful pink toned shade for lighter skin tones and gives a high-power glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great as a highlighter or to acheive that "dewy" look. Love Love Love. ;)