August 20, 2014 | 1438 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't had this long but i am loving it. It provides light coverage and gives a dewy glow. Used with a primer this foundation stays on all day and a plus for me is that i hardly have to touch up with powder to keep shine at bay. I wear N1, which is a bit darker than my skin but the closest match i could get. As its so sheer it blends really well making it look like my skin but only better.
EDIT: I used N1 in the summer after i had gotten back from holiday- that shade is too dark for me now;i use C1 mixed with white for my NC/NW10 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot get enough of F&B! I'm a C4. I used to use Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 and NC40 and I really loved the flawless matte finish it left me but sometimes it felt too heavy on my face. I wanted to try something new and light that I could use on a daily basis and after talking to a few MAs at my local pro store, they all agreed that F&B was one of their favorite foundations. I was a bit hesitant at first because I was so used to SFF and the heavy matte coverage which concealed every imperfection on my face, but I gave it a shot. I would say that this is light coverage but can be built up to a medium coverage with two coats. I have pretty good skin, the occasional breakout or two, but a bit of unevenness. F&B really helped clear up my complexion and I can already feel that it allows my skin to breathe much more so than other heavy foundations. This did not break me out either. Gives more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. Love the dewy natural finish and light feel. It's not overly dewy to the point where it would look like greasy shine. It's just enough to look healthy and moisturized. For my oily skin, I like to use mineral powder foundation in the summer but F&B is perfect for spring, autumn, and especially winter when my skin starts to look sallow and needs a little glow and moisture. If you have oily skin, I would recommend a light dusting of setting powder on top. When I want my skin to look extra radiant with a healthy glow, I set F&B with my Giorgio Armani Micro-Fil Loose Powder in 2. These two together will give you a model glow you see in ads! I also really love the mess-free hygienic squeeze tube bottle. A bottle will last you forever and although it is a bit more expensive than other MAC foundations, the amount of product you get is well worth it. A little tip from the MA I talked to: Pour some of the foundation out into a travel size bottle and use that up while keeping the original bottle in the refrigerator. It will help keep it fresh since it's a large amount of product and will be used for quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally wrote a mediocre review for this product but have since changed my opinion on it! First off, I have combo (oily t zone, normal cheeks) fairly acne-prone skin. F&B appealed to me because it was waterbased and comes in a huge hygienic squeeze bottle (120ml compared to standard 30ml bottles) for about £22.

Anyway, I usually use NC40 but in F&B, I use either C5 or C6. To be honest, this foundation has really sheer colour payoff. I'm the same skintone as say, Eva Longoria (olive/tan), yet Tyra Banks uses C6 in F&B. Go figure! I've tried C4 but it's way too light for me as my face is lighter than my body. C5 is on the light side aswell so C6 is my usual shade.

I really like the wear of this foundation - it lasts all day (with blot powder ontop) and doesn't get overly greasy. At most, I get a dewy look on my t zone, but I just touch up with some blot powder. I use my 187 to apply this and it gives me a near-flawless, but NATURAL finish. The coverage is suprisingly good for something so light, I don't need to use concealer or anything. F&B with blot powder ontop gives a really nice natural look and doesn't feel heavy on the skin like a lot of foundations do, or leave your face looking 'mask'-like. Best thing is --- NO BREAKOUTS!!!!

Overall, I really like this foundation, and I think it's near HG status for me. I wish the colour payoff was better...but it's nothing major to complain about really, especially if your face is the same shade as your body, unlike mine. Make sure you moisturize before applying, especially if you have dry spots, or else it will highlight this and will go on streaky. I would recommend this! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by monniccaaa

I'm 15 years old with acne-prone/combination-oily skin. I bought this for light coverage and its barely gives coverage. On top of that, it made my oily skin look more oily even after I set it with Studio Fix Powder. It also gave a really yucky and sticky feel on my face. It was just kind of gross. So sad, I had high hopes for this product :(

Since this didn't give enough coverage, I'm moving up to Studio Fix Fluid... wish me luck :)

EDIT! BIG FAT EDIT!!! Thursday, March 19, 2009

I realized that this foundation is NOT bad at all. Before I used this, I just used a bunch of Studio Fix Powder and when I switched to using this and the powder I barely put any powder on because I think I didn't need any at all! I'm talking swipe the brush in the powder once and dust this all over. I finally realized I need a bit more powder and it gives me great coverage without looking oily!! Hehe :) YAY

... I know, I'm kind of a dummy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Seary_Fairy

Many people dislike this foundation because it has minimal coverage but that was what initially drew me towards this product. It’s sheer but buildable, although can begin to look a little heavy if you build it up too much (at least on me). Nice for “good skin days”. Gives a very dewy fresh finish once first applied but if you doesn’t set with powder it may look a little greasy, especially as the day wears on and for this reason, I wouldn’t recommend this product to those with oily skin. I didn’t like how this tended to separate in warmer weather, and I also found the scent a little strong, but for the price, you get heaps of product, which is great value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I happened to buy this foundation for 2 reasons: 1. That its the only mac foundation i havent tried yet and 2. Ive heard COUNTLESS times cheryl cole and danni m from x factor say how their world would fall apart if this foundation was ever discont! Firstly, for my nc30-32 skin shade C3 was perfect- i loved the golden undertone. Also it photographed true to its actual shade which is extremely rare with foundation- they usually photograph a lot lighter than they actually are making my body look tanned and white face. Sadly thats where the compliments stop with this make up. I found it extremely sheer and i think i have quite clear skin, but it just looked ''too'' sheer, and of course i had to use my becca concealer on odd blemishes. But the worst thing was the shine. This was sooooo shiny and oily on me within 20 mins of powdering (mac pressed powder). I wore this on one occasion and then powdered my t zone (i have combo skin) I was waiting for my friend to come over and fell asleep for an hour on my bed. When she came she asked me why my face looked so oily and greasy! and it was this make up! I never have this problem with studio tech so i will try this as a body foundation for photoshoots other wise in the bin it goes :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by benefix

I bought this product before I had joined this site and so went on the SA recommendations.I was originally looking for a tinted moisturiser and ended up buying this product.I was really undecided for ages but now I know I just don't like it.Its just too sheer.I find it really hard to use concealer with it as then I end up with matte patches on a really shiny face.Maybe that's just my make-up skills or lack there of.I don't even think dewy is the right description for the look it gives you.I have really sensitive skin with a lot of redness and this just irritates it.If you have perfect skin that isn't sensitive I can see why you might like this,b,ut if you don't I wouldn't purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I received a sample of this and am glad I didn't pay for it. Can someone please tell me why I just don't get this foundation? In fact I hesitate to call this foundation, more like tinted moisturiser in my opinion.

This is so sheer, that I really don't see the point of buying or wearing this. Someone with almost perfect skin, yes I can see that this would just add that extra little touch and dewy finish to look beautiful. But for most of us who have a little something on our faces to hide, how much of this am I supposed to layer to get even light coverage?

I put 3 layers and it still wasn't enough, and I have relatively good skin! I admit I always lean toward a fuller coverage because I just prefer that doll face look, but Im always open to having a lighter foundation for the odd day when I dont want to look made up. This product is really lost on me. I don't care about price or packaging, I just dont see the point of putting this on my face, when all it seems to do is add a hint of dewiness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Ooh la la! This is so nice! I was surprised that it worked on my oily skin, though I do have to admit that I use EDM's rice powder to set the foundation. This is comparable to the discontinued Select Tint foundation, except it's slightly more dewy and gives slightly more coverage. Yes, it's still a pretty sheer foundation. It doesn't cover all my imperfections, but it still makes me look done. I actually have this and the Select Tint. I think I like this one a lot better, especially because of the color match. I'm wearing C3 in this, and NC30 in Select Tint. The NC30 was pretty peachy, whereas the C3 is more golden beige. I may be able to bump up to a C4, even. All in all, I think that this would be a good staple for one's makeup arsenal!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this one. Sometimes I love it but most of the times I think it looks abit too heavy for everyday use. It doesn't do much for my greasy skin, I keep using my blotting powder over it but eventually it ends up looking too heavy. I've used about a fifth of this and I'm wondering if I should sell it off or give it another try. I'm quite happy with my givenchy acti'mine for now, I'll give it another try and update this once my acti'mine is finished.