January 26, 2015 | 1392 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i finally purchased this after ages of curiosity, and i'm definitely pleased. it's waterproof, sheer and lightweight (but still very build-able) looks completely natural and doesn't make me break out. my only qualm is that the lightest color, c1, is too dark for me :( but as the product is very sheer, it doesn't matter much- i kind of like the glow it gives me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by msmauimac

I love the fact that this is a light weight, sheer coverage foundation, yet it's water resistant. This foundation makes my face appear smoother and it's soo easy to blend. I love using my MSF natural as my finishing powder. The packaging sucks, it's kind of pricey, but i would definately purchase this again because it lasts long.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I was in love with Studio Tint and when that got discontinued I thought I would give Face & Body a try. The color is an even better match for me, however I get super oily after a few hours. I usually use blotting sheets every couple hours when I'm wearing this foundation. I'm still using it because the color and coverage are perfect for me, but I just wish I didn't get so oily with it. I'm out of primer right now so when I start using a primer with face & body I'll update my review. I'd repurchase, but it's just more high maintenance (keeping up with oil control throughout the day) than I was hoping.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for a foundation that's matches my skintone, doesn't cause breakouts, and hopefully oil-free. This foundation is it (I use C3). Since it's water-based, it always looks dewy on my skin, and offers enough coverage without looking too made up. I'll even apply it to my legs on evenings when I'm showing them off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by natalia_cheng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever MAC face product I have bought and marked the beginning of my MAC addiction.

Pros:
- the colour/ shade: I have lightish Asian yellow toned skin and bought this in C2 and the shade suits me almost perfectly.
- the coverage: it is very sheer coverage but buildable for medium coverage. It gives a nice 'me but better' look.
- the finish: because it's a water-based foundation, it gives a very natural, dewy finish. It gives a flawless, matte look with a finishing powder such as MSF Natural, Sheer Select etc. Or you can mattify with a translucent powder such as Prep and Prime or I just use Jurlique Silk Dust.
- the application: people complain that it is too watery or liquidy, but if you apply it with your fingers thereby warming it up first it blends like a normal liquid foundation.
*Tip*: I usually pour some out on the back of my hand and then dip my fingers into it to apply. If I need extra coverage in some areas, I pour it out on the back of my hand then lightly pat it in with a brush and smooth it out with my fingers.
-the price: in Australia, this is $60 and you get 4oz or 120ml which is HEAPS compared to Laura Mercier or Stila which I have also used. Those are only about 1/3 the size/ amount.

Cons:
- the packaging: the bottle is not transparent, it is opaque which means you can't see how much you've used or the EXACT colour of the foundation. The little nozzle is also quite annoying because when you shake it (and you have to shake it) a little always spill onto the tiny black cap and I feel like its a waste.
The bottle is also massive and heavy which means I need to pour it into travel bottle when I go on holiday.
- the access: this is a Pro Product which means you can only buy it at a MAC Pro store. Luckily, I have a Pro store near me which I am always at. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can also buy it online, it's just not available at department stores.
- the coverage: although I bought this because I love sheer-medium coverage, if you want full coverage, this is definitely NOT for you. If you want a full-coverage foundation, look at Studio Sculpt or Studio Fix foundation if you like MAC. I haven't used any of them but I hear they are perfect for full coverage.

Otherwise, if you're looking for sheer coverage with a very natural dewy finish, I would definitely recommend this. If you're lucky enough to be near a Pro Store, ask an MUA to recommend a shade. MAC MUAs are legendary.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am a MAC addict; however I am not a fan of MAC foundations. I love their lip/eye/cheek products; love their brushes, etc... I have returned almost all of the foundations I have purchased from them, with the exception of this one (and the MAC powder studio fix)... At first I neglected this foundation for a while, because I normally like to wear more coverage and because it was MAC. This summer I have been giving tons of love to my liquid foundations, specially the lighter ones. And this one has been one of my favorites. When I am not battling with acne, I love wearing this one. It is light, however it is buildable. I feel it is perfect for the summer time. This in combination with my beauty blender has been my goto combo for the last month to go to work. I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My favourite liquid foundation. I have great skin most of the time, so the sheer coverage of this product is great for me. You could probably build it to medium coverage, but I've never used that much. It is long wearing, and is great even for my oily skin, as well as hot CA weather. What's so great about this for me is the consistency; it's very watery, which makes it perfect to apply with the MAC 187. Also, I wear N1, but I cusomize the shade by mixing in some vanilla pigment, as well as the face and body foundation in the white shade (a pro product). I stipple it on, then lightly swirl to blend. The finish is slightly dewey, which I matte with a translucent finishing powder. Probably the best foundation for those who only want minimal, natural looking coverage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by broadus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is provides medium coverage. It is very easy to build up because the texture is so light. I apply it on with the 187 and it gives me the airbrushed look. I always get compliments on how good my makeup looks, and sometimes people dont even know I am wearing foundation because it looks so natural!! I would recommend this foundation to anyone wanting a natural looking foundation! I can assure you, if applied properly you will not look caked.

I do not wear this foundation everyday only on special occasions, so I cannot tell you whether it causes breakouts and what not. My only advice is to always clean off your makeup before going to bed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by isonbeatrice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I seriously thought it was my HG. I was so happy that it came in neutral shades, since neutral undertones suit me perfectly. However, most companies don't make them, and it's really hard to find warm-based foundations in super-pale colors.

The main problem that I have with F&B is that it's still too gosh-darn dark! I do not want to traipse all the way to the Pro store in Chicago to buy a huge bottle of white F&B to lighten my N1. It works if I use self-tanner, but that is rare, since I really embrace the pale.

Functionally, it's very nice if you like a dewy look, but mattifies well with a powder on top. The coverage is quite light, so I wouldn't recommend this if you feel like you need to actually cover something, rather than blur it. It lasts forever, too. I wore this too a baseball game in hot and humid weather, and I was jumping up every time Ryan Braun, dreamy power hitter, came to bat, and screaming my crazy head off, and when I check my m/u in the mirror that night, it looked flawless.

Only too dark. So sad.

This also has a tendency to oxidize, as I saw in the MAC store. The SA recommended that I decant it into a smaller bottle and then store the big bottle in the fridge. This has worked perfectly.

To sum up: a very nice foundation, beautiful, even, but with very poor color selection. Good size for the price, too!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by fergy123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

love love love this!!!!! i always thought i needed nothing less than medium coverage, but with using concealer on blemishes and redness ,(using lm secret camouflage at moment but still looking for better,can be a bit drying) then face and body i look natural and pretty. love it i have this in c3 c4 c5 which i go between depending on how tanned i am. the best foundation ive used do far!!