October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jsantiago

This product is actually dirt cheap if you factor in the amount you get and how much you actually need to use to achieve great coverage. The packaging is also quite convenient, although it is not unusual for too much product to squirt out of the bottle's nozzle (but there's so much product, a little wasting doesn't seem too bad). My pros and cons for this product therefore are:
Pros:
1. Great value for money
2. Good colour range
3. Although it is sheer, you can layer this until you achieve full coverage.
4. Its waterproof. Really. Be ready to buy a oil based remover to get this off without having to scrub your face to oblivion.
5. If you are sufficiently patient and have the time and energy to devout a half hour of your mourning just to getting your foundation right, then this is the foundation for you. After blending, blotting, setting, this looks fairly amazingly good.
Cons:
1. Its very liquidy but dries very fast which actually makes blending far harder than MAC advertises. It really takes a couple of tries until you manage to perfect the art of putting this on.
2. If trying to achieve full coverage, it will take you some time to put this on. If you like being ready in a jiff whilst enjoying full coverage, this is not for you.
3. The finish is not natural, its very very dewy to oily. And mind you, my skin is dry! But when I have this on it makes it look like I'm an oily teenager in desperate need of some clearasil. Blarg. I have to use setting powder over the foundation to counter that, which, although it works, is an extra step in my make up routine.
4. If you don't set this with powder it will rub off and transfer and will not last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mooks06

MY HG!!!!!!! I love this stuff. Lasts all day on me when set with powder, provides a fresh flawless/yet natural look and c1 is a perfect colour match for me. I don't have perfect skin, but don't like heavy cakey foundations - this provides me with coverage, yet leaves me looking not "made up" 100% will buy forever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

OMG! I think I've found my HG. I use to wear tons of makeup and "had" to have a full coverage foundation to cover my acne scarring. However, a few years ago I realized that less is more and you should rely on a concealer to conceal....

This is the first foundation that I've used that's sheer but buildable and gives the skin a beautiful glow. When I pair this with my MAC select cover up concealer...I look absolutely flawless...almost airbrushed. I'm so upset with myself for not considering this gem sooner as it's been out since they launched MAC.

Now let's just see how my skin likes it..........

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a bad foundation, looks natural and fairly light. I would recc to ladies who want a natural, sheer finish with moderate coverage (fairly build-able as well). However, not my HG by any means. Like all other foundations I've ever used, it doesn't work so great with my oily skin. The staying power isn't that great and it tends to get oily and feel CAKEY after a few hours. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this in C9 and love it because it doesn't feel heavy or look like I'm wearing makeup.

***The C9 shade has been discontinued***

Update: 1/28/13-C9 was discontinued a few years ago. On a recent excursion to MAC, I was telling the MUA that I used to use it and loved it. She told me to give C7 a try. It comes in a smaller bottle now, but is still the formula that I remember-light, airy, melts into my skin. Gives me a sheer layer of color that looks like my skin. No oxidizing red or orange. Doesn't melt off my face. My skin doesn't give me too much trouble and I don't have any issues beyond a little hyperigmentation (which this covers). It's perfect coverage for me on the 'no makeup' look days, taken on vacation when I don't need a full face, church, brunch, or just running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a tan east asian with strong olive undertones so, although, c4 is a great match in terms of depth, the C's are more pink than my natural skintone. This foundation is meh for me. It gives me a strong shine and is very light although buildable in terms of coverage. I have a lot of redness in my face, and this covers incredibly well. I use my fingers to spread around a two-pea-sized amount of the foundation (the same amount of moisturizer I use) on my face, and just pat on some more if I need some more coverage in a certain area. I probably use about twice as much of this than a medium coverage foundation to get the same level of coverage. It's not transfer-free on my skin and doesn't last long, probably because it makes me super oily within 2 hours without a primer, 4 hours with a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation as it was recommended to me as a lightweight waterbased, long lasting for face and body. I purchased C2 and C3. C2 is a light yellow but once on it oxided alot on me. It faded and splotched after an hour :( I tried dusting powder to set it, but still didn't give me that flawless finish. The C3 is a tad darker and oxided on me as well. This foundation gives very little coverage and acts more like a tinted moisturizer. The bottle is a 4oz so you get alot for the price, but again its waterbased so it mostly water and you will use alot as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by DiyaSpade

This is my HG foundation!! It is sheer, but buildable. It goes on well, easy to blend out, and it looks natural. I usually use this with MAC's P+P Transparent finishing powder, and it stays on all day until I come home. I have been using my current bottle for about 5 months and so far, only about a seventh of the bottle is used up. Highly rec this for those looking for light/medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

On it's own, this really doesn't do much. I don't have perfect skin, but it's also not perfect. The first time I used this, I felt like I wasted my money. But when I was washing it off that night, I saw that it really was waterproof, and therefore, great for the summer. So the next day, I tried it with a tinted moisturizer first, then this, then MSF natural. All combined, it gave me a nice, not too heavy, natural look. I would buy it again, but thankfully this large bottle should last me a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Bubblebelly83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if you want something light. Does not cover much at all but feels nice and light.