April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

I never thought I'd say that but I think I found my HG foundation! After years of trying on HE or DS stuff that looked cakey or irritated my - very very sensitive I must say - skin, MAC f&b literally restored my faith in liquid foundations, even though I had some of my worst experiences with other foundations of the same brand. I really like it cause it's sheer but very buildable, without any cakiness involved. I always apply and blend it with my 187 brush and it gives me a flawless effect with a dewy finish. For all ladies who complain about the light coverage I'd suggest to use it with 187 and stipple it on your problem areas. I'm giving it's price 2 lippies (cause it's huge and you get a lot of product), it's packaging 3 (cause I prefer pump bottles) and an overall rating of 5 lippies cause it's a really unique, useful and practical foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

I started out using this product, left seeking other HG foundations from MUFE to Chanel to Giorgio Armani but in the end, I'm happy to come back to this very simple, clean, natural product.

This foundation is very light and can almost be used as a tinted moisturizer. Its also quite buildable and covers what needs to be covered. I especially love this product in the summer when I don't want to feel anything at all on my skin and I don't want to look made up. If your looking for a natural look without any bells and whistles, this may well be the product for you.

One of the most remarkable things about this product is its staying power. So far it is by far the longest lasting foundation I have tried. It even stays on in the water (up to a point of course). After spending the day at the pool, when I use my facial wipe at night I still have foundation coming off. Pretty impressive.

It comes in a 4 ounce plastic container with a small opening (allowing precision in amount used). The larger size at approximately $31 makes it a very affordable product. The fact that it has no SS is an added bonus so it won't interfere with the photostability of your regular sun screen.

I'm nc30ish olive and use this product in C3. I may try to blend up abit with C4 if I tan this summer. I'm beige 2 in chanel, and 5.5 in GA LSF

I don't think my hunt for my HG foundation will end here, but this is as close as I've come.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Sriwin

I'm using this foundation for several years now, I've tried a lot of foundations in the past and nothing beats the MAC face+body!!! I only use it for my face, it is very sheer and gives my face a very nice natural look (probably because it is so thin). I don't need a foundation to cover a lot because I have good skin, but I use this foundation to even the colour and to look even more healthier and glowing. I just love it! It's a huge bottle, I buy 1 every year. I've got a C4 in winter and C5 in summer. It's not a good foundation if you need it for more coverage. I also love that it is water based, it doesn't feel greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a fabulous surprise...I generally hate MAC foundations b/c they tend to oxidize/turn orange on me within 20 minutes of application but this is an exception to the rule...this is a fabulous, thin, liquidy, sheer foundation (I'm C3) which is amazing for Summer. It's buildable too so you can layer it on for added coverage. It looks very natural. The bottle us HUGE and for the price, you get a lot for your money. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by rachchen

Edit: Oct 6 2010. More and more I am convinced that MAC/EL has changed the formula of this product since I first bought it in 2001. It separates way too easily (just 6 months after purchase), and is definitely far less pigmented and more tacky. I am preferring MUFE's Face and Body foundation and will be using that, as I am not sure EL will ever revert MAC's F&B formulation back to its original glorious state.

I am NC20(Studio Fix fluid), NC25 in Studio Stick, but wear C3 in this. It has enough yellow for my Asian skintone.

Also, the MAC foundations I have tried (Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Stick, Studio Fix powder, Select Tint) have not caused me to break out. Face and Body is no exception.

Would I repurchase this? Hells yes. I have bought this over and over again over the past 8 years. It's a staple for me. It's foolproof, never looks made-up or cakey, and gives me a radiant, candlelit glow.

The foundation has a light, gel-like texture, with the pigment sort of suspended in it. It's very easy to blend, and has surprisingly good coverage for a product this sheer. A natural, flawless look can be achieved by applying sheer layer after layer of foundation. You can use fingers or a foundation brush (I use Smashbox's).

One thing though: it does NOT have a matte finish. You WILL need powder over this to matte down the sheen. A light dusting of MAC's Blot Powder with a powder brush works fine for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Rts1

I have never worn foundation because I like my skin to look natural, but this foundation is sheer and makes my skin look natural but also flawless! I am really excited about this product and I hope they don't discontinue it in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is being discontinued??! Oh say it isn't so! I've been wearing this for years and it's the most perfect sheer foundation I know. Comparable to MUFE Face and body but the MAC colors are better. This give the most beautiful finish with just a bit of color and coverage. It stays on really well even in the summer heat. Guess I'll have to go buy a few bottles. EDIT: Now I hear this is not being discontinued just some colors are. Thank goodness! I did a little stocking up of C2 and C3 which I mix so I'm set for quite a while but I'm happy to know it will be around for a while longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kishawn

Okay, I just went to the MAC store to buy the Face and body foundation. The MA suggested I should wear the C6, which blended perfectly for my skin. She also told me they are discontinued this foundation and people have been buying them like crazy now. I'm glad I got mines just in time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by specialsarka

Well, I have two samples of this product. One in the shade number N2 and another C2. Both are great, so I am confused which one I should buy. Face and Body is my favourite, I have tried many foundations from MAC and this one is the best, look very natural, but if you havent perfect skin, dont use it, its very sheer. Can somebody give me and advice about the right shade of Face and Body. I am NW20, with some frackles, so I should use N or NW shades along to guide, but I like myself in C2 as well, has anybody got the same issue? the same I have with powders and bronzers, dont know what shade.... :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by sunnibunni77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this almost a year ago and still have a good bit left!! I hate wearing foundation so this is an amazing tinted moisturizer!!! I put it on then let it dry for a few minutes, and put a VERY VERY SMALL amount of translucent powder on to take some of the shine away, then dust on a small amount of blush or bronzer (sometimes both) and it is literally the best best best!
I use it on my body too, that you really need to make sure it dries before putting on clothing, it stained a couple of things because it rubbed off (sometimes even after drying, but its worth it!) Thats the only complaint is that it rubs off on clothing other than that, its the best product I've ever owned.