MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 3/2/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very disappointed in this product. Minimal coverage and the color seems to change on me as I go throughout the day. I have pretty clear even skin but I have freckles etc that I like to cover and this doesn't do it. I want a blank matte canvas and had heard so many good things about this but for me it isn't a match. Won't buy again.

on 2/26/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this after seeing all the reviews, so after consulting a mac SA got matched to C3, am normally NC30 in studio fix fluid or studiosculpt. Got it home, applied over prep & prime with a brush and was beyond dissapointed with the result, it was watery, sheer and looked more like i was wearing a tinted moisturiser than a foundation... anyway gave up on it and went back to my usual work day foundation - studio fix fluid, as it always provides enough coverage for day to day... Recently tried again with the face n body, but this time layered it up, so after three full layers, and bronzer was ready to face the day... and i was SO impressed, my skin looked super dewy and hydrated all day (not at all matte like SF, and not to 'made up' like stuido sculpt) it stayed in place the entire day, and gave great coverage. I do really love this foundation and am now wearing it daily, but it does mean adding an extra 10mins for application versus other foundations, as anything less than three laters is not enough, I do have good clear skin, but like a full face nonetheless.

I don't think I would risk wearing this on a night out, as I would be applying layer after layer until I felt confident it was going to look flawless in photos, so will be sticking to my HG foundation which is Studio Sculpt.

One note to add is that i have slight dark circles under the eye and this will not cover it AT ALL, so i use Estee Lauder maximum cover camouflage foundation as a concealer, then apply the face n body over the top.

This foundation, once layered up, reminds me of my all time HG foundation which was Elizabeth Arden flawless finish makeup, which gave the same dewy result but with a lot less product and messing about, but this is now sadly discontinued and replaced with an inferior range of foundations.
One final point is that a lot of reviews are saying what a great price it is for the size 120ml, which is definitely is, but as I am using 3 times as much product it works out no cheaper than a standard 30-40ml foundation from mac.

on 2/21/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation. It evens out my skin but doesnt look like Ive got foundation on which I love but you can also layer it if you want a bit more coverage. It also looks great in photographs. I did find it a bit strange to begin with because you do have to blend it out quicker than other foundations, hard to explain but doesnt stay damp on the skin for long so youve just got to work quickly.

on 2/19/2010 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my FAV foundation! its light and ultra sheer which is great for me because i don't need much coverage. Looks and feels really natural. If you have normal skin and don't want to cake up with heavy stuff this is perfect for you! :) Looks great in pictures too!

on 2/18/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG foundation for summer!
It provides a light to medium flawless coverage and last all day long even during hot summer days. There's something about this foundation that I can't quite put my finger on. It just makes everything look so flawless. Concealer and powder just glides on and sets upon it so smoothly! And it doesn't enhance any drier patches or spots that I might have.

I rub a small amount of the foundation between my fingers, until it goes a bit sticky, before applying it to my face. I find that I get the most coverage out of it this way. Since it gives a bit of an oily-ish finish it's really neccesary to set it with a powder, even on my dry skin.

The reason why it only gets a four is because the selection of shades are a bit too dark for my NC15 skin, hence why I can only use this during summer. It's also waterproof and silly hard to wash off. This made me break out horrible the first time I use it, but I switched to a foaming and slightly more cleaning cleanser and the spots disappeared.
Apart from that it's a lovely foundation that I would happily recommend and repurchase.

on 2/17/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation defenitely provides a light coverage and I LOVE it!! Im a full coverage kinda girl and i never thought i would love this soooo much! I used mac studio fix in NC 40 but it always looked soo cakey! I bought this in C5 and im in love! It gives a dewy look which looks great and soo natural! I do have to use concealer to cover my blemish scars but i find that applying a concealer on your problem areas and then this light foundation can still give you a full coverage look with out looking cakey. I use mac studio scult concealer this foundation and the mineralized skinfinish to set it and it looks amazing!!!!! Not a big fan of packaging because the foundation is very liquidy and runny. Price is explainable since you are getting 4 oz....8 dollars for 1 oz which is cheaper than many drugstore foundations!!!

on 2/14/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I wear C7 and it is the perfect match on my NC45 skin. I LOVE this foundation. I apply this with a disposable sponge and set it with a thin layer of bare minerals. After about an hour it leaves my skin with a NATURAL dewy glow, and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. HOWEVER, this doesn't provide much coverage, so you would definitely need concealer if you're looking to cover scars/discoloration. I also want to mention it doesn't break out my extremely sensitive skin like ALL other MAC foundations I've used. This hydrates my dry winter skin very well, so I wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin.

UPDATE: I applied this product with my fingers and it looks a whole lot better! I had more coverage (medium) and it appeared more dewy.

UPDATE AFTER 1 YR: I still love this but looking for something better. This is great for winter but for hotter seasons, you WILL look like a discoball.

on 2/11/2010 9:35:00 PM

Probably my favorite foundation because it is perfect for people with normal to dry skin. I'm a NC25, and for this particular foundation, C2 fits me perfectly. The coverage is perfect for covering up mild redness and blends in very nicely, it almost appears airbrushed. I can tell you that the coverage ISN'T sheer - it is actually light. If you use 2 coats, you will achieve light-medium coverage. The finish looks slightly dewy at first but it will soak in and appear less shiny. This stuff isn't transfer resistant like the product claims, and it won't last all day unless you set with powder. If you don't have super oily skin, this product has very good staying power. Will repurchase.

on 2/10/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this in my possession for some time but never actually used it seriously. I'd try a dab here or there but usually while wearing other makeup. Well, I recently came back from a trip where airport security seized my HG Shiseido dual balancing makeup (I was pissed) and needed something. What a surprise! I apply this with a Beauty Blender sponge and my skin looks fantastic. Even, slightly dewy and non-cakey. The shade, which I always thought was a tad too dark, is pretty spot-on, actually (C4). It's VERY runny, which is annoying when opening the bottle, because a good deal of foundation escapes and runs down the sides and is wasted, but otherwise, it's a really good lightweight find.

on 2/8/2010 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this in C2 as it matched my winter skin tone REALLY well. This stuff is AMAZING. I usually don't have much luck with MAC's foundation, but this one, for some odd reason, is the ONLY one that works well with my skin type. Most MAC foundations will either cause me to break out badly, or oxidize on me, turning me into an orange.

This foundation is more runnier than most I've ever used. But this is a good thing, as I find I don't need to use as much because it spreads like a dream. Absorbs quite quickly, and leaves a bit of a dewy finish. I have combination skin, so I don't fancy the dewy finish. I normally dust a bit of mineral finishing powder to give my face a bit more of a matte finish. After playing around with this foundation, I find that applying this stuff with my fingertips was the best solution. I believe that applying with my fingers gives me the most natural "I don't have any makeup on" look. This doesn't go on heavy with fingertips, but will with a stippling brush. I am not a fan of makeup sponges, as I think those are pretty gross and unhygienic.

This sheer foundation is water based, which is super great for my combination acne prone skin. It also states that it is water resistant, long lasting and has moisturizing properties. It is in my experience, a great foundation, because it truly does give me a bit of moisturization, lasts me practically all day, evens out my skin tone, neutralizes some redness, and minimizes the look of acne scarring (but does not entirely conceal/cover them). This is such a great everyday kind of foundation. I would highly recommend it for everyone to try this stuff out. Will totally repurchase this stuff when I'm out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials