February 27, 2015 | 1371 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by weelaura

LOVE IT!

I think it's the perfect sheer foundation! Gives great light coverage and the bottle is HUGE! It costs the same amount as most other MAC foundations but the bottle is about double the size, I've had the one I've been using daily for about 3 1/2 months now and it's still nowhere near finished (and I've been using it on my body for going out at night). Definitely great value for money and because it's so sheer you can probably get away with wearing the wrong shade (I've had C2, C3 and C4 and none of them have looked orangey or too ashy) without it being obvious which is great if you want to avoid buying new foundations when the seasons change.

The only downside is that it can sometimes leave me looking a little bit on the shiney side, especially in photos taken at night, but I don't know if that's just because my friends wear really matte foundations so I just look quite sweaty in comparison haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Every new foundation I try is my new fave but I really like this one. The ingredients are not pore clogging, and even though you it's natural in appearance it still covers. I have previously used MUFE's F&B foundation but MAC's is better! It evens out my complexion better and the formula is thinner, not a gel-like so it's easier to blend. My skin tone is also hard to match. I am latina but my complexion doesn't have much pink, I am very yellow. C4 is a perfect match. I have never had to work so little to even out my face and neck. I would recommend those with hard to match yellow tones try the Face & Body line too. It's amazing and the price point is a deal too. Great value. You definitely need a setting powder with this foundation though. Also I love that i don't need to buy a separate $5 pump.
EDIT: I still love this foundation. It's the most natural looking foundation that I've used. The small stippling brush from MAC is my favorite for application. Your skin will look creamy and natural. I just saw a photo of myself wearing this and it looks amazing. Face & Body photos extremely well. Great to keep in mind for the holidays. Best match for me ever. The condition of my skin has also improved. Less clogged pores. Really you'll be surprised by the amount of coverage you get. Amazing!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by betseyjohnson77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I severly dislike ANY mac foundations other than this one. its great ive been buying ti for years!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kattg425

I bought this after my cousin's sweet 16 because it looked great on her that day and in the pictures. She told me the makeup artist used this foundation so I just had to give it a try. This gave a very nice dewy look. I had to return it though since it broke me out really bad. I wish my cousin had told me sooner that she had also returned hers due to the same problem. I feel this may be great on others and to use on special occasions but just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of all the good reviews and I have to say I like it. I don't usually wear a liquid foundation as I don't need a lot of coverage. I usually wear a mineral powder or TM. I decided to try it because of how light everyone said it is, and I agree. I still ususally add a pump of moisturizer to it and the coverage is perfect. If I use it by itself with a flat topped brush I can build up the coverage. Like the review below, I perfer to use my hands to apply, but I think the 187 is ok too. It's a good amount of product for the price, and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not too fond of this product but I find the finish really nice. It is a bit heavier than a tinted moisturiser and I love this for a natural look but applying it is tricky. The skunk brush is a complete no-no, as it a regular foundation brush. The 109 is ok but I find using my fingers the best method. It seems to set straight away on your skin so you can't really blend it out but the staying power is really good for such a light foundation. Gives a dewy finish but I use powder on top which takes that away as I prefer a more matte finish.

Love the bottle and the size of it, will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tinnahelga

Love this foundation, my new HG!

I have it in C1, so the lightest shade. It is really light coverage, which I like, it evens out my skintone and covers redness perfectly. Sometimes I do 2 layers, and then it is medium coverage I would say. Gives me dewy looking skin, without looking oily :) And I feel like it gives my skin some breathing space, as it isn't very thick, so I don't feel like it is clogging my pores.
This foundation is pretty thin and runny, as it is water based, so it spreads really well. I usually use the MAC 187 to apply, which gives a really natural finish. If I set it with powder, I use the MSF natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my HG foundation!!! I tried this after it was suggested to me by a MAC SA after Select Tint was discontinued. I went to the local MAC store and got a sample after an online chat on the MAC website suggested C6 for me. I am around the NC44/45 color range. The consistency of the foundation is very watery, but you only need a little bit. I am not seeking anything for heavy coverage, just a finished look. If you need coverage, this would not be a good product for you. I have normal to dry skin and this is great for me. When my skin is drier, I don't have to set with powder and I have a great dewy look to my skin! I can't believe I never tried this before.....I LOVE it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It is a great foundation for summer! Just make sure you powder it afterwards or else your sweat & such will melt it off. This is probably great for dry skins because it's a more liquid-y foundation; it's quite runny. But overall, it is great to use & easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this product and i love it. I suffer from very red skin and i wanted a product that could cover up such redness without coming off. I am a dancer so i tested it on my face while i danced over an 8 hour period. Surprisingly, it lasted for that exact time and even after with all that sweating from dancing. And the best part was my skin still remained its natural colour aside from a bit of pink blushing from the heat. But id rather have a little pinkish in my face then have the whole thing look like a fire hydrant.
The price i was a bit iffy about. it was about 45 dollars when i bought it and being a student this is a lot of money to invest in. Before i bought this product i read a lot of reviews and made sure i wanted to spend that kind of money on it . Now that i have it, i say it is well invested.
The packaging is ok. I would have perfected a pump and i know some people are said to have some trouble with it spilling over. The only suggestion i have is that you dont put it in your purse or on anything valuable because if this does happen, it wont be too much of loss. If you need to reapply throughout the day, i would suggest a powder to keep it looking fresh.
Overall, im very happy with this and i would suggest it to anyone who needs long lasting foundation.