October 1, 2014 | 1762 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this in C9 and love it because it doesn't feel heavy or look like I'm wearing makeup.

***The C9 shade has been discontinued***

Update: 1/28/13-C9 was discontinued a few years ago. On a recent excursion to MAC, I was telling the MUA that I used to use it and loved it. She told me to give C7 a try. It comes in a smaller bottle now, but is still the formula that I remember-light, airy, melts into my skin. Gives me a sheer layer of color that looks like my skin. No oxidizing red or orange. Doesn't melt off my face. My skin doesn't give me too much trouble and I don't have any issues beyond a little hyperigmentation (which this covers). It's perfect coverage for me on the 'no makeup' look days, taken on vacation when I don't need a full face, church, brunch, or just running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a tan east asian with strong olive undertones so, although, c4 is a great match in terms of depth, the C's are more pink than my natural skintone. This foundation is meh for me. It gives me a strong shine and is very light although buildable in terms of coverage. I have a lot of redness in my face, and this covers incredibly well. I use my fingers to spread around a two-pea-sized amount of the foundation (the same amount of moisturizer I use) on my face, and just pat on some more if I need some more coverage in a certain area. I probably use about twice as much of this than a medium coverage foundation to get the same level of coverage. It's not transfer-free on my skin and doesn't last long, probably because it makes me super oily within 2 hours without a primer, 4 hours with a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation as it was recommended to me as a lightweight waterbased, long lasting for face and body. I purchased C2 and C3. C2 is a light yellow but once on it oxided alot on me. It faded and splotched after an hour :( I tried dusting powder to set it, but still didn't give me that flawless finish. The C3 is a tad darker and oxided on me as well. This foundation gives very little coverage and acts more like a tinted moisturizer. The bottle is a 4oz so you get alot for the price, but again its waterbased so it mostly water and you will use alot as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by DiyaSpade

This is my HG foundation!! It is sheer, but buildable. It goes on well, easy to blend out, and it looks natural. I usually use this with MAC's P+P Transparent finishing powder, and it stays on all day until I come home. I have been using my current bottle for about 5 months and so far, only about a seventh of the bottle is used up. Highly rec this for those looking for light/medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

On it's own, this really doesn't do much. I don't have perfect skin, but it's also not perfect. The first time I used this, I felt like I wasted my money. But when I was washing it off that night, I saw that it really was waterproof, and therefore, great for the summer. So the next day, I tried it with a tinted moisturizer first, then this, then MSF natural. All combined, it gave me a nice, not too heavy, natural look. I would buy it again, but thankfully this large bottle should last me a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Bubblebelly83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if you want something light. Does not cover much at all but feels nice and light.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissdluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG foundation (C3). I don't have acne, so I just need a foundation that evens out my skin tone, and this is it. If you have any sort of acne or bumps I do NOT recommend this, nor do I recommend it for oily skin. On my normal skin this is dewy and perfect for the summer months. I do need a little powder for my t-zone, but that is to be expected. With my pro discount this is pretty cheap and it comes in a huge bottle, so I have no complaints. Just remember this could be the WORST foundation on someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

Edit:
I have used this on some clients and, though I can usually MAKE it work, it isn't ideal for many people. Try wearing a full face of it all day before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jrd12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product because it goes on really thin and smooth. It is water based so you barely feel that you have it on. The only thing is that my skin becomes oily throughout the day so I have to wear powder on top of it. And it is a little too thin to cover up blemishes so a good concealer is helpful.

I used to use a sponge to apply this foundation but my during my previous visit to the MAC store, I was talked into getting a brush, which is what I now use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC 43-45 and MAC live chat recommended C6 for me. She was right on. At first sight, I thought C6 would be to warm, but it is just perfect because it really applies sheer and it is very lightweight. This is now my favorite foundation. I was using Studio fix powder foundation, which I still love, but some days I prefer the look and feel of a liquid foundation. With a concealor, and MAC foundation stick, Face and Body offers great coverage. I apply it with my 190 paint brush and buff it in with my 109 and it looks flawless. I set MAC face and body with my MSF in medium dark and I am pleased with the results. For any scars, try using a very small amount of the MAC foundation stick, which works well for even better coverage in very small problem areas. update: I believe the foundation stick has been discontinued by MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rxygrl

I have sensitive/combo/acne-prone skin and this product gives me a fresh, even-toned appearance without looking made up. It gets rid of any redness while allowing my skin to show through. AMAZING product! And most importantly, I don't break out from it and it lasts all day. I apply it with my MAC 190 brush, use COVERFX to spot conceal around my eyes and nose and set with Laura Mercier Mineral setting powder. I'm in love! For reference, I use C4/ NC35.