MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/5/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like the feel of this foundation at all. My face feels greasy after awhile. Hate the feeling....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this recently (I get bored with foundation and like to try new ones). Currently have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Intensity 1, and got this in N1.
Very liquidy and sheer, but is buildable. I have tried applying it 3 ways: fingers, sponge, brush, and find that using Mac' 190 Foundation brush has the best application.
It definitely doesn't glide across your skin, but I don't always moisturize before application.
Hopefully it has the staying power of Estee Lauder's.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do like this foundation. I have pretty clear skin, maybe a pimple or two every once in a while. I suffer from redness on my cheeks, nose, eyelids, pretty much all over my face but its not that bad. This foundation just evens out my skin tone and the shade matches PERFECTLY to my neck. I use C3. I am Korean and I have a yellow/slightly olive skin tone and I am around an NC30. I apply a primer first, and then apply a thin layer of this foundation. I then apply another thin layer over the areas I need a little more coverage. This is a very sheer, watery foundation but once you place the product on your face it gets slightly creamier. I cant even feel I have foundation on when I wear this! I apply it with my fingers and it works perfectly. I find that it doesn't give too much of a dewy finish- maybe this is because I apply a primer underneath. If you apply it carefully and work little by little, it really looks like bare, perfect skin! also the color matching is very forgiving, I could probably pass using the C4 shade because it is so sheer and easy to blend. I highly recommend this product to those who have good skin, or even anyone who wants to even out their skin tone. The only problem I have with this foundation personally is the staying power, and how easily it transfers to clothing evenwhen I set it with a finishing powder/ msfn. Oh, and it has a slight citrus-y scent.. not reallly a 'foundation' smell but it's not that strong. Still love it though!!! looooooove it!

edit: So I bought this foundation in C3 around October 2009. I used it almost on a daily basis for two months, then stopped using it for months as I went to a different country and didn't feel the need to wear foundation at school. Then, I wore it around March 2010 and this made my skin itch... when I was washing it off I couldn't help but scratch my face because it really made my skin itch! the next day my face was really red and I felt like I got sunburnt, and a few days later my skin started flaking as if i really had burnt my skin. I tried this foundation again several times after that and I can say that it really was the foundation that caused my face to react this way. I was really shocked because I had worn this foundation for a few months right when I bought it and after a couple months the same product had caused a weird reaction on my face. What is the shelf life of this? Because I would have thought it was the shelf life but it had only been what, like 5 months? Then maybe I thought the condition of my skin had changed.. The good news is that I took a chance and bought this in C4 because I truly love the finish this gives, and it works wonderfully! I do notice that the shades C4 and C3 have quite a gap.. or maybe it's just me? C3 seemed a lot lighter and C4 is quite dark on my skin even if I am quite tanned right now. I'm still very happy with this product though! Only other problem is that it is NOT transfer resistant!!! It definitely transfers. perhaps with the right powder it'll help prevent that a little bit but I haven't found that yet. aah but I do love this product :) Highly recommended especially for dry skin! or anyone during wintertime!

on 12/30/2009 7:09:00 PM

My friend recommended this foundation. I'm lucky and have pretty good skin but I like to look even. This has a natural sheer finish and is buildable. I'm a C2 shade. Since this is a water based foundation I tend to get a little shinny even though I have normal to dry skin. So I like to set this with a loose powder to minimise the shine and just have a natural dewy effect as the day goes on.

on 12/29/2009 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. I have it in N3 and as it claims to be it is "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."

I can't imagine not having this product. It makes my skin feel silky smooth and gives a gorgeous finish, or can be topped with a bronzer or MSF. Its so light - so I don't recommend it if you want/need full coverage -, but if you just want a light foundation this is perfect. I live at the beach so this foundation is great for the high humidity and heat, and its a perfect summer foundation for everyone. I absolutely recommend it and for 32.50 its a huge bottle that will last forever.

on 12/29/2009 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

now, this is just a nightmare..a very big one.. i wanted something really nice almost no coverage foundation as my skin is quite good on its own..and i thought why not to try some light base.. it broke me out so badly that i have never experienced it before.. landed in the bin.. never ever will buy anything apart from my beloved illamasqua rich liquid foundation..

on 12/20/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This foundation is one of the few things that I know for sure that will stay in my kit. Initially, I purchased it for myself to see if I liked the coverage. In my case, I didn't really need the coverage, I just wanted to have a foundation to create that adhesive base so that I could layer on products like highlighters, bronzers, and blushers. This product delivered in a fantastic way, and I was so happy to see the finish it left on my skin. The coverage was, indeed, sheer. The finish was slightly dewy. It looked like my skin had significant moisture and it looked completely healthy. I applied this with a MAC 190, a MAC 188, a MAC 187, and a few other brushes. All of them left me satisfied with my purchase, and with the way that the product ranges across various skin tones with a sheer finish, it's definitely a winner as far as a sheer, hydrating foundation for perfecting skin tone.

on 12/20/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I consider this foundation to be more of a hybrid between a tinted moisturizer and a liquid foundation. It certainly covers more than a tinted moisturizer from my experience. I've used MAC's Select Tint SPF 15 (which is now discountinued) and Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 (which replaced Select Tint SPF 15). At the same time, the coverage of Face and Body is sheer than MAC's Studio Sculpt SPF 15 foundation (it's the only liquid foundation from MAC I've ever tried). The coverage payoff of this foundation is sheer, but it can definitely be buildable for more coverage. Since this is a water based foundation, the consistency is watery.

I apply this foundation with the 187 brush as well as Everyday Minerals' flat top kabuki brush. I personally like applying it more with the Everyday Minerals' brush as it evenly distributes the color more and I only have to apply one layer of this foundation. However, if I need extra coverage on certain areas of my face, I use the 187. The finish is dewy, but I always set it with MAC's Prep & Prime translucent powder or MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder with Make Up For Ever's kabuki brush. I have not noticed the color oxidizing on my face throughout the day, which is a good thing.

Since I have oily skin, mostly around the t-zone area, I have noticed this foundation tends to seperate or "crack" around the crevices of my nose. At first, I thought it was the primer that was causing the problem, but I switched primers around still the same effect so I knew it was the foundation causing the issue. It could be that my nose gets oily right away more than anything else on my face, but a simple dusting of powder once or twice for the entire day will do the trick. Besides this issue, I absolutely have NO other problems with this foundation. I'm sold!

The product is 120 ML plastic top-off container (which is a lot compared to other of MAC's foundations) and I bought it for $32.00. For reference, I use the shade C4 in this foundation. I am normally a NC30-35 in MAC's foundation shade.

on 12/6/2009 11:01:00 PM

Arhh, this is my favourite foundation so far. I'm not into thick heavy coverage foundations, because my skin is dry and very sensitive with a lot of dry flakey patches, which heavy foundations accentuate and irritate.

I like the fact that this is water-based, and when you put it on, you can barely detect that it's there. It's just your skin, but a lot better. I use C2 and I'm usually a NC25 in other MAC foundations, not that it really matters with this because of its sheerness.

For those who need heavier coverage, forget about this.

on 12/6/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation so much ! I am one of the lucky few that have been blessed with good skin. No pimples, acne or scars that need covering up. No dry or exceptionally oily skin, just ... normal ? Anyway, since I don't need much coverage I have always been looking for a a sheer foundation just to even out my skintone. This is the one ! In summer I use N2 and in winter N1 is enough. I apply it with my 187 (that was my second best buy this year, after the F&B) and it looks so even and natural. I set it with a transparent powder and highlighter on top. My main goal is that it looks natural but even and this one does the trick. I love that it comes in giant bottle so you don't have to run to the store too quickly. I wil always and always buy again. Probably untill one day MAC decides to discontinue it in which case I will have to take action !