MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 12/6/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation so much ! I am one of the lucky few that have been blessed with good skin. No pimples, acne or scars that need covering up. No dry or exceptionally oily skin, just ... normal ? Anyway, since I don't need much coverage I have always been looking for a a sheer foundation just to even out my skintone. This is the one ! In summer I use N2 and in winter N1 is enough. I apply it with my 187 (that was my second best buy this year, after the F&B) and it looks so even and natural. I set it with a transparent powder and highlighter on top. My main goal is that it looks natural but even and this one does the trick. I love that it comes in giant bottle so you don't have to run to the store too quickly. I wil always and always buy again. Probably untill one day MAC decides to discontinue it in which case I will have to take action !

I really like this foundation. I have very dry skin and need to use liquid foundations. I can't even set the foundation with powder, as it bothers me dry skin, seeps into the dry areas, and makes it look very splotchy.

So, I decided to try this foundation. When I first applied it to my brush I was surprised at the watery consistency compared to other foundations I've used. When I first put it on my skin it looked wet and didn't seem to show a difference. But it quickly dries, and when it does, it looks beautiful! It does not have LOTS of coverage, so it's good if you don't have too many pimples and red spots to cover, as is the case with me. Even so I just use my mac concealer for those little spots anyways, and it looks lovely.

It stays on all day, and does not slide/melt off, does not seep into your pores and make you look disgusting by the end of the day, or any of that.

So this is a very good foundation and I'll probably stay with it for a while (it has a very large amount in the bottle!). I might eventually try to find something with more coverage, just so that there's less concealing to do, but for now this is my favourite foundation!

on 12/6/2009 7:49:00 AM

This is really sheer and oily on me. I have combo/oily skin and this stuff does not help. You absolutely must set this with a good powder. If you have dry skin and only need light coverage, this this could be great on you. You get a lot of product for your money with this one, so I wish it worked for me. Note that the color kinda oxidized on me too.

on 12/5/2009 1:17:00 PM

My favorite now. I like a natural look and something that works well over sunscreen. I use Clarins mineral Sunscreen and just this in N3 and I get the look I want..not an absolutely flawless face, but a naturally healthy looking face. It comes in a huge bottle that will take forever to use up ( thus the 4 rating). It's rather thin and dries quickly. I apply with Sonya K's blender sponge moistened. Update 5-28-10 I had to stop using this product. I broke out around my mouth and chin and at my age..it had to be because of a product reaction.

on 12/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

I heared and read so much hype about the product so i decided to order it. It does give a great shine to your face, a very glowy look. It does not cover blemishes or any imperfections, I would recommend using a primer to smooth out any lines. It says it does not transfer to clothes, but I have noticed it does. I have blemishes on my skin, so i think I will stay with a more of a coverage base. It's very watery so you have to wait till your skin soaks up the makeup before applying blush, otherwise will come out blotchy. Would purchase maybe for my legs, arms, etc.

on 11/28/2009 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been waiting to try out a foundation from MAC for a while now, and I just finished using my INGLOT foundation (they are now out of business in my area). I was worried about which foundation would be recommended and was not looking forward to the acne effects I've read about with the Studio Fix. My great MA from MAC put me in the chair and recommended the F&B in N1 - as I am a combo of warm and cool. Alena went over proper application techniques which includes giving the coverage I apply time to set naturally (about 1 min) and then gently buffing for a smooth coverage. I'm really impressed with the ease of application and the thinness of the foundation (a little goes a long way).It looks fresh, doesn't feel heavy and is a perfect tone for me. This huge container of foundation will last forever!

on 11/25/2009 9:34:00 PM

MAC Face & Body Foundation N5 - One word "Excellent" foundation! I don't normally write reviews, although I have purchased MANY products based on MUA reviews, because I know the members on this site are "Quality" Makeup lovers as myself. The N5 Shade is PERFECT for my red/pink undertone. I LOVE that it is a "waterproof" and "buildable" foundation. I was hesistant because I was never a fan of MAC foundations. I had to find a foundation to replace my Prescriptives Virtual Skin in "Real Honey" because I believe Prescriptives will be discontinued in 2010. Bottom Line: It is a Beautiful/Glowy/Natural finish foundation that I set with the MAC Prep and Prime Translucent Powder!

on 11/22/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG and believe me I have tried them all. I like my make up to look fresh, sheer and natural and face and body ticks all those boxes. It is water based, so can be tricky to apply, my advice is use a mac stippling brush to give a photo finish. I put this on, let it dry and then conceal my chin from any acne scars. It lets the skin breathe and I think the condition of my skin has improved since I have been using this purely because it's light and not clogging. Cannot praise this product enough, but it is a more natural look. The only disappointment I have is that the bottle leaks out product particularly when you shake before using which is a bit annoying but I can cope with it as the foundation lasts all day so i don't need to transport it in my bag!!

on 11/22/2009 12:05:00 PM

LOVE IT!

I think it's the perfect sheer foundation! Gives great light coverage and the bottle is HUGE! It costs the same amount as most other MAC foundations but the bottle is about double the size, I've had the one I've been using daily for about 3 1/2 months now and it's still nowhere near finished (and I've been using it on my body for going out at night). Definitely great value for money and because it's so sheer you can probably get away with wearing the wrong shade (I've had C2, C3 and C4 and none of them have looked orangey or too ashy) without it being obvious which is great if you want to avoid buying new foundations when the seasons change.

The only downside is that it can sometimes leave me looking a little bit on the shiney side, especially in photos taken at night, but I don't know if that's just because my friends wear really matte foundations so I just look quite sweaty in comparison haha.

on 11/19/2009 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Every new foundation I try is my new fave but I really like this one. The ingredients are not pore clogging, and even though you it's natural in appearance it still covers. I have previously used MUFE's F&B foundation but MAC's is better! It evens out my complexion better and the formula is thinner, not a gel-like so it's easier to blend. My skin tone is also hard to match. I am latina but my complexion doesn't have much pink, I am very yellow. C4 is a perfect match. I have never had to work so little to even out my face and neck. I would recommend those with hard to match yellow tones try the Face & Body line too. It's amazing and the price point is a deal too. Great value. You definitely need a setting powder with this foundation though. Also I love that i don't need to buy a separate $5 pump.
EDIT: I still love this foundation. It's the most natural looking foundation that I've used. The small stippling brush from MAC is my favorite for application. Your skin will look creamy and natural. I just saw a photo of myself wearing this and it looks amazing. Face & Body photos extremely well. Great to keep in mind for the holidays. Best match for me ever. The condition of my skin has also improved. Less clogged pores. Really you'll be surprised by the amount of coverage you get. Amazing!