November 22, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by swirrlygrrl

Maybe good for ladies with very dry skin who want a dewy look. I returned this after 2 weeks of trying to make it work, during which I looked like an oil slick by 10 am, and had to touch up 3 and 4 times a day (note - I only have an oily nose, the rest is normal to dry!) Though colour matched by the SA, it became evident at home that C2 was too dark for me - while the foundation goes on sheer, not sheer enough to disguise the mismatch. All other colours were completely unsuitable.

On the bright side, I found it was buildable enough for my needs - tone down a bit of redness around my nose, even out of skin in the t-zone - I just needed to apply a thin coat, let it dry, then apply a second coat where I needed more coverage. I did find powder was needed to set it - my boyfriend had to wash his shirt one day when I forgot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Love this!!!! I can't believe I never tried this product.I stopped in the pro-store looking for a more sheer foundation.The artist reccommended this.I tried it this morning.Great finish! Very pleased with this. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by deniseontheinternet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, everyone should have this in their kit. Looks amazing, fresh and dewey on the skin. Works well on the body. I love using it on legs to give the look of a natural even tan or to create the look of wearing stockings. I use a shade darker then my skin tone mixed in with my body moisturiser every time I wear something that shows some skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jsantiago

This product is actually dirt cheap if you factor in the amount you get and how much you actually need to use to achieve great coverage. The packaging is also quite convenient, although it is not unusual for too much product to squirt out of the bottle's nozzle (but there's so much product, a little wasting doesn't seem too bad). My pros and cons for this product therefore are:
Pros:
1. Great value for money
2. Good colour range
3. Although it is sheer, you can layer this until you achieve full coverage.
4. Its waterproof. Really. Be ready to buy a oil based remover to get this off without having to scrub your face to oblivion.
5. If you are sufficiently patient and have the time and energy to devout a half hour of your mourning just to getting your foundation right, then this is the foundation for you. After blending, blotting, setting, this looks fairly amazingly good.
Cons:
1. Its very liquidy but dries very fast which actually makes blending far harder than MAC advertises. It really takes a couple of tries until you manage to perfect the art of putting this on.
2. If trying to achieve full coverage, it will take you some time to put this on. If you like being ready in a jiff whilst enjoying full coverage, this is not for you.
3. The finish is not natural, its very very dewy to oily. And mind you, my skin is dry! But when I have this on it makes it look like I'm an oily teenager in desperate need of some clearasil. Blarg. I have to use setting powder over the foundation to counter that, which, although it works, is an extra step in my make up routine.
4. If you don't set this with powder it will rub off and transfer and will not last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mooks06

MY HG!!!!!!! I love this stuff. Lasts all day on me when set with powder, provides a fresh flawless/yet natural look and c1 is a perfect colour match for me. I don't have perfect skin, but don't like heavy cakey foundations - this provides me with coverage, yet leaves me looking not "made up" 100% will buy forever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

OMG! I think I've found my HG. I use to wear tons of makeup and "had" to have a full coverage foundation to cover my acne scarring. However, a few years ago I realized that less is more and you should rely on a concealer to conceal....

This is the first foundation that I've used that's sheer but buildable and gives the skin a beautiful glow. When I pair this with my MAC select cover up concealer...I look absolutely flawless...almost airbrushed. I'm so upset with myself for not considering this gem sooner as it's been out since they launched MAC.

Now let's just see how my skin likes it..........

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a bad foundation, looks natural and fairly light. I would recc to ladies who want a natural, sheer finish with moderate coverage (fairly build-able as well). However, not my HG by any means. Like all other foundations I've ever used, it doesn't work so great with my oily skin. The staying power isn't that great and it tends to get oily and feel CAKEY after a few hours. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this in C9 and love it because it doesn't feel heavy or look like I'm wearing makeup.

***The C9 shade has been discontinued***

Update: 1/28/13-C9 was discontinued a few years ago. On a recent excursion to MAC, I was telling the MUA that I used to use it and loved it. She told me to give C7 a try. It comes in a smaller bottle now, but is still the formula that I remember-light, airy, melts into my skin. Gives me a sheer layer of color that looks like my skin. No oxidizing red or orange. Doesn't melt off my face. My skin doesn't give me too much trouble and I don't have any issues beyond a little hyperigmentation (which this covers). It's perfect coverage for me on the 'no makeup' look days, taken on vacation when I don't need a full face, church, brunch, or just running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a tan east asian with strong olive undertones so, although, c4 is a great match in terms of depth, the C's are more pink than my natural skintone. This foundation is meh for me. It gives me a strong shine and is very light although buildable in terms of coverage. I have a lot of redness in my face, and this covers incredibly well. I use my fingers to spread around a two-pea-sized amount of the foundation (the same amount of moisturizer I use) on my face, and just pat on some more if I need some more coverage in a certain area. I probably use about twice as much of this than a medium coverage foundation to get the same level of coverage. It's not transfer-free on my skin and doesn't last long, probably because it makes me super oily within 2 hours without a primer, 4 hours with a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation as it was recommended to me as a lightweight waterbased, long lasting for face and body. I purchased C2 and C3. C2 is a light yellow but once on it oxided alot on me. It faded and splotched after an hour :( I tried dusting powder to set it, but still didn't give me that flawless finish. The C3 is a tad darker and oxided on me as well. This foundation gives very little coverage and acts more like a tinted moisturizer. The bottle is a 4oz so you get alot for the price, but again its waterbased so it mostly water and you will use alot as well.