July 23, 2014 | 1251 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by benefix

I bought this product before I had joined this site and so went on the SA recommendations.I was originally looking for a tinted moisturiser and ended up buying this product.I was really undecided for ages but now I know I just don't like it.Its just too sheer.I find it really hard to use concealer with it as then I end up with matte patches on a really shiny face.Maybe that's just my make-up skills or lack there of.I don't even think dewy is the right description for the look it gives you.I have really sensitive skin with a lot of redness and this just irritates it.If you have perfect skin that isn't sensitive I can see why you might like this,b,ut if you don't I wouldn't purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I received a sample of this and am glad I didn't pay for it. Can someone please tell me why I just don't get this foundation? In fact I hesitate to call this foundation, more like tinted moisturiser in my opinion.

This is so sheer, that I really don't see the point of buying or wearing this. Someone with almost perfect skin, yes I can see that this would just add that extra little touch and dewy finish to look beautiful. But for most of us who have a little something on our faces to hide, how much of this am I supposed to layer to get even light coverage?

I put 3 layers and it still wasn't enough, and I have relatively good skin! I admit I always lean toward a fuller coverage because I just prefer that doll face look, but Im always open to having a lighter foundation for the odd day when I dont want to look made up. This product is really lost on me. I don't care about price or packaging, I just dont see the point of putting this on my face, when all it seems to do is add a hint of dewiness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Ooh la la! This is so nice! I was surprised that it worked on my oily skin, though I do have to admit that I use EDM's rice powder to set the foundation. This is comparable to the discontinued Select Tint foundation, except it's slightly more dewy and gives slightly more coverage. Yes, it's still a pretty sheer foundation. It doesn't cover all my imperfections, but it still makes me look done. I actually have this and the Select Tint. I think I like this one a lot better, especially because of the color match. I'm wearing C3 in this, and NC30 in Select Tint. The NC30 was pretty peachy, whereas the C3 is more golden beige. I may be able to bump up to a C4, even. All in all, I think that this would be a good staple for one's makeup arsenal!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this one. Sometimes I love it but most of the times I think it looks abit too heavy for everyday use. It doesn't do much for my greasy skin, I keep using my blotting powder over it but eventually it ends up looking too heavy. I've used about a fifth of this and I'm wondering if I should sell it off or give it another try. I'm quite happy with my givenchy acti'mine for now, I'll give it another try and update this once my acti'mine is finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Lynstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the foundation i always come back to! I love it because its light but buildable if you want medium coverage and looks so natural almost like your not wearing foundation. Makes your skin glow! But yes it doesnt control the oilies...i get oily so quick and have to constantly keep blotting it. But i think its worth it still and i still wear it, because when i blot it looks really nice. And it doesnt break me out either which is a plus. For reference i am nc40-nc42 in MAC but i use C5 in F&B. C4 is good too. I took a lippy off because it doesnt control my shine, but not many foundations do! Price wise i think its excellent because the bottle lasts a good few months, and comparing the price and quantity of this product, it works out cheaper than most drugstore foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by surfergirl9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BE for the last three years. I have been happy with it but can't deal with the mess anymore. I wanted to go back to a liquid foundation. I bought my old standard Revlon Color Stay in Natural Beige and I also picked up Mac Face and Body in N2. I have never used Mac before but liked the reviews on MUA so I thought I would give it a try. The price is high for me, but the quantity of the product offsets the price factor.

I am in love with this stuff. It is light and buildable. I have horrible skin too and it covers enough for me without feeling like I am wearing a mask of makeup. I have dry, acne prone skin and it doesnt break me out either. I like the finish of it it seems to sink into my skin and look as natural as a makeup can. It just feels good almost like I have nothing on. I am liking it much better than the Revlon Color Stay which is much heavier and mask like. The Mac is a tad lighter in color which is also a better match for my skin.

When I used a liquid foundation before I applied it with a sponge. As the objective in my switching foundations was to avoid the mess of BE I didn't want to go back to the unsanitary goopy sponge application. I bought the MAC 187 brush to apply the foundation. Um, worth every penny that brush. It makes the application clean, easy, fast, and even. I will never apply a liquid foundation with anything but a brush. I never even heard of a foundation brush, but read it in the reviews. OMG thank you MUA!

Overall I love the Mac Face and Body for the price, bottle, color, lenghth of wear, level of coverage, light feel, and the dewey finish this gives my dry skin. I think if you have oily skin you would hate this stuff though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised that even though this foundation is supposed to be water based it is VERY greasy! I have very dry skin and at first thought I could make it work but it was way to greasy and sticky. I am really disappointed with it. The colour was a great match for my skin, but that's about all the positive I can say about it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never really worn any of MAC's foundations because I can't find a colour match; I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 and NW15 is too dark/pink and NC15 is too dark/yellow. However I received a sample of the F&B foundation in #White (MAC PRO shade) and I think it makes a nice, sheer coverage foundation for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Of course #White is too pale, even for my pale complexion but it is a great mixing medium to lighten too dark foundations. The texture is very watery but the finish is quite dewy. I also think I'm going to try it on my uneven toned, milky white legs in summer and see how that turns out to be. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tea-Stearate, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Talc, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood), Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after reading good reviews from this board. BIG mistake though since it is NOT compatible with my skin. The foundation finish looks gross on my skin, not smooth or even. I dislike the coverage since it doesn't blend well with my skin.

No matter how much powder I put on top of it, it never sets and leaves a greasy orangey cast on me due to color oxidation. I am an NC 30 and got the foundation on C3. After giving it 3 tries, I gave up and returned it.

I'm better off with Mac studio tech/ studio fix thank you very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by dork

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC50 for reference. I really really do like this product. It goes on pretty easy and gives my skin this beautiful dewy look. Not too sheer, not too heavy, just right, very buildable. However, a few hours after application, my face looks like a huge grease ball. It's not transfer resistant at all. I set it with a translucent powder, but it still got everywhere. I don't expect foundations to be 100% transfer resistant, but sheesh. The consistency is really sticky and watery and just yucky (prob got a bad batch). In the end I had to take it back. The color match (N9) was just waaay off for me. I also tried C7 when it was available and it looked slightly ashy on me. The MA said I probably was a C8 but that color was discontinued (typical mac and hence the reason why i'm branching off to different brands).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No