MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 3/16/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks MUA for this little gem, grreat coverage not too sheer. It stays put, I use MAC spf 50 as a primer and it works it great. I am NW25 and was matched to a C2. This bottle will last you forvever!

on 3/16/2010 12:23:00 PM

Best Foundation Ever!!!! Great shades. Buildable coverage. Flattering. Lost lasting. Doesn't irritate sensitive skin. Mixes well with strobe cream for glowing healthy look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PROS:
-great coverage for daytime
-great coverage for nighttime (buildable)
-no breakouts for me
-easy to apply with fingers or a brush
-don't need too much
-can be used on face as well as body makeup
-lots of product! you will never run out
-easy to mix with moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer
-lots of colors to choose from
-no SPF so great for pictures

CONS
-pricey!
-liquid so people tend to dislike the heaviness of liquid foundation and how it becomes cakey
-no pump applicator
-no SPF
-tends to separate after a period of time. you end up having to shake this foundation to get an even smooth texture.

OVERALL: I freaking love this foundation! I use it for clubbing nights, days I want little coverage (which I'll mix this with some MAC strobe cream or my moisturizer to thin it out), and for medium coverage. This is my go to for pictures because it really covers well. I don't find this cakey or heavy at all. You must set this foundation for it to stay on all day. I like that it doesn't have that makeup smell unlike foundations from other companies.

on 3/15/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I am so on the fence with this one. The color matches well (N3)...maybe a hair too light. The coverage is light, which is what I was looking for. However the application is sticky and feels heavy, and I am always aware of it on my face. It takes a while to blend it in as well no matter how little I use. It is definitely not something I can throw on and go. It takes time to blend, blend, blend and perfect it. I like the finish of it (a dewy light finish, not too sheer) and the value is fabulous - however I just don't see myself buying this one again.

on 3/12/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So, I just got this product last week after reading some good reviews. You get alot of product for your money and I bet this thing will last forever. I've wanted to try a tinted moisturizer for a while, and since ppl described this as one I figured I'd give it a go. I have mixed feelings about this. The pros. are that its really light weight and doesn't feel cakey (like the other MAC foundations tend to do), it doesn't make me break out (like the studio fix does). It looks natural and gives me light coverage (my skin is not perfect w a few blemishes and some un-even skin tone from being in the sun to much) but one layer is enough to give me an even skin-tone. For more coverage I apply a second layer and that giver me medium coverage.

The cons. for this is that its very watery, you have to rub it between your fingers (I kinda blow on it to a little bit to heat it up) to give it more texture before applying to my face. I am going to wear this, this summer when I'm really tanned (nc40), but right now it feels like I'm a little bit to pale for it and my skin needs something more than just a moisturizer :)

on 3/12/2010 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with previous post that this could be viewed as more of a tinted moisturiser. It's very light weight & sheer, you get so so much product for your buck in a great squeezy bottle.
I wanted to fall in love with this as it's a big fave of the Minogue sisters (maybe an oz/uk thing!) and i always adore how fresh, dewy and natural they look.
Alas this just doesn't work for me, however i do think that is down to my perioral dermatitis prone skin as opposed to any failing on the product. I find it sticky & uncomfortable & doesn't provide enough coverage (again, doesn't promise to, it's a sheer face & body make-up)
If my skin clears up i would definitely try this again, may even try it again in the summer when the need for coverage is less & my face as a sunkissed glow.
I also think that like Laura Mercier Secret C, once you learn to use this correctly & it suits your skin type it's a HG & people never look back......haven't totally given up on this yet!

on 3/12/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The bad reviews of this are kind of aggravating. This is not meant to give coverage and people are still complaining about that. But anyways, this gives a really dewy finish and evens out skintone. I have combo to oily skin to I usually dust some powder over this. This is more like a tinted moisturizer IMO. You also get a big bottle and will last forever if you only use it on your face. I use this on days when my skin is behaving. Overall a great product!

on 3/11/2010 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this foundation but alas the lightest shade was as usual to orange. It also did not really provide much coverage and broke me out like anything. You get a lot of foundation for your money so I expect if you can get it to match your skin its a really good buy

on 3/10/2010 12:08:00 AM

i love this foundation. i only use it once in a while, but its such a good foundation. i use it on my face and it looks so natural and feels so light. it lasts so long too. such a good product :)

on 3/9/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I LOOOOOVEEEE THIS FOUNDATION... I MEAN I REALLY LOOK RESTED REFRESHED AND DEWY WITHOUT HAVING TO ADD THE STROBE CREA OR LOTION MAC SUGGEST TO USE.. IM A COMBINATION SKIN AND LOVE IT THE COLOR I USE IS C-4 AND NC40-42 ON STUDIO FIX, I WILL DEF BUY IT AGAIN FOR EXTRA DEWYNESS I PUT ON MY CHEEKS A CREAM BLUSH AND LOOVE IT

Video Reviews & Tutorials