MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 4/5/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing foundation!
I have to say that i have some blemishes (acne sucks!) but i don't want a heavy coverage foundation that makes me look older than i am! This foundation evens out the skintone, covers up some blemishes and discoloration. I still need to apply some concealer on the problem areas, but honestly, who doesn't? Even with a medium/heavy coverage foundation, we still need some concealer!
The foundation leaves you skin even, soft, radiant and dewy. No need to say that i have oily skin, but the "dewy" finish doesn't look "greasy"! If i want a more mat finish, i use a light dusting of any translucent powder and that's it!

on 4/4/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I want to put all negativity about how girls with acne blemishes can't wear this foundation, to rest. I'm 21yrs old and my skin decided to go through its teenage acne years now, lol So I HAVE ACNE, even though its clearing up dramatically (thanks pur minerals!) anyway, I'm a Cali girl moving to Florida, a very humid area. I love the dewy makeup look, and wanted to find a product that would be light so it didn't feel like I was wearing a pancake on my face, I heard F&B was used by celebrities and on a lot of photoshoots,mainly because its considered Mac's High def foundation. If you have blemishes and acne, lol YES you can use this product. You do not need flawless perfect skin to do so. I apply concealer to my problem areas and then use a foundation brush and apply this all over my face (2 coats) and it covers nicely...sheer, but nicely, and for summertime, its perfect to not look overly made up and your skin can breathe. So all my acne blemish girls, check this product out, you don't neeeed flawless skin to use...thats what makeup is for right? :)

on 4/3/2010 12:13:00 PM

HG foundation! Since I do not need a lot of coverage, the Face and Body is the perfect foundation for me. I got this in C3 (I am an NC30 for reference) and it matches my skin tone completely. I use my fingers or the MAC 130 brush to apply this foundation. This foundation looks so natural on your face, it blends so nicely.

I have pretty normal skin and like I have said earlier, I do not need a lot of coverage. I just use foundation to even out my skin. I suggest getting a sample of this foundation if you have a different type of skin as mine.

Only downside is it does not have SPF. BUT it looks great in pictures!

on 4/2/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My original review a year ago: 4 lippies for texture, light coverage, consistency and qty provided.

APR2010--Updated Review: Sorry, had to take 1 lippy off. This products changes consistency through time, must be stored in a really, really cool place and shake it very well b4 applying. I noticed it changed its color inside the bottle--got darker--BUT it does not oxidizes on my skin. I originally applied it with my MAC 187 but now I do it with my ULTA Stippling Brush, which is a bit stiffer than the 187. Great dewy finish but I do find it transfer a bit, even when I set it with my MAC P+P Powder.

It's nice but I would not buy again.

on 3/30/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have a lot of trouble finding a good foundation. I have freckles, and anything I try just looks like I'm trying to cover them up...very mask-like.

I really did like the coverage from face and body, but the feeling on my face was just weird. Its like it never really dried and just sat on top of my face for the whole day. It was very sticky, even with a powder on top of it.

I'm disappointed by the feeling, because the coverage was really very pretty.

on 3/25/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this 2 years ago when I visited the MAC store in LA. Such light dewy but smooth coverage. Apply this with a foundation brush. I adore this. I have it in a NW35 and really like how it makes my face look. It is in a high squeeze bottle and last so long, def worth the price.

on 3/22/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I decided to get this foundation after giving up on trying to find my shade (NW25) in MAC Studio Sculpt (sold out online and in stores *cries*). I only decided to get this after reading that it's a water based type of foundation.

I currently have a weird skin combination going on, normal, dry areas and oily nose. I've always been oily combo type, but the past few weather changes really took a toll on my skin. I am recovering from acne breakouts and have mild scarring. I don't have perfect skin, but I do have uneven skin tones all over. After reading that this will not cover my flaws I was very wary. I only really bought it as a last resort and reading that it's water based, I was hoping it wouldn't make my dry areas, acne and scars flaky and gross looking.

The amount of product you get is very nice for the price. I use about 2 dime size amounts for medium coverage. To get a non messy medium coverage, I apply one layer let it dry then apply another layer. The consistency is a lot different from what I'm used to in a foundation. It is very runny when you first pour it out and apply on the skin. I use my fingers and buff with a flat top after letting it set on my second layer. It goes from feeling watery/liquidy to normal foundation liquid feeling to slightly tacky in seconds! You have to work fast before the tackiness kicks in or it becomes annoying to blend. With that said, I have not attempted to blend it with a brush directly because I'm afraid it'll get streaky, so I buff lightly in the end. I get a very nice clean canvas with this foundation. It does not look heavy or visible at all. It almost looks like my skin, but better. More evened out, but my flaws are still there just not as harsh looking. So I do have to cover my dark under eye circles, red acne and scars with concealer over this foundation to look flawless. Reviews have stated this is like a tinted moisturizer. While I somewhat agree, this foundation is more buildable with a slight tacky feeling that makes it long lasting.

What I love about this foundation is it doesn't disturb my concealers as far as texture. With some foundations I find that it either dries up my concealer more or makes it look flaky. It does not settle into my smile lines. I've worn it for 10 hours straight and it still looked in tact. The only thing I noticed is that since my nose is oily I had to blot/powder my nose once after 4 hours in. So for oily all over skin, one layer might be enough, 2 might be too much I think. Since I have dry skin right now I can get away without wearing powder over, but since it has an odd tacky feeling to it I prefer a light puff of powder all over. The only times I've seen this foundation look cakey is when I applied way too much powder over. 1 layer of powder over is fine, but when I continually buffed more on it just caked. I use MAC MSF Natural. I have not seen this foundation transfer, just my powder or concealer around my lips when I pat with a napkin after eating. I've worn this out in the rain and it didn't run or come off.

This along with the MAC Studio Sculpt are now my HG foundations for my dry skin season. Since the Studio Sculpt held up really well in the summer when I was an oil slick, I'm sure this foundation will too with a small layer! :)

I'm a NC30 shade, NW25 in Studio Sculpt and C3 in the Face and Body.

on 3/22/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The gigantic size of this foundation makes it reasonably priced because indeed, the size is equal to the size of 4 bottles of normal foundations. I liked the texture. It was watery but easy to spread. I used my fingers to apply this. This foundation is very moisturizing, even more moisturizing than MAC TM. For oily gals, I do not suggest this at all. It does look greasy and literally melts and comes out easily.

on 3/20/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation, very light sheer coverage. Available in a wide range of colours, I have this in c4. Comes in a hygienic squeezy bottle, and you get 120ml for £23, which in my book is dirt cheap as it lasts forever. I use my mac 190 to apply this and it goes on like a dream, no streaking or balling. Coverage is similar to that of a tinted moisturiser which is what I like as I don,t really need much coverage, just evening out and a bit of colour. Overall fantastic foundation, greatvalue for money.

on 3/20/2010 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this in C3 it perfect colour match for me thanks to mua for ref mac studio sculp I am nc30 and in the mac studio fluid I am nc25 this product is A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides a sheer, natural looking coverage for face and body, in an easy to blend and help keep you skin moisturise this has to be one of the best foundation ever and I have tried a few belive me I am alway looking for my perfect foundation I have tried the makeup forever face and body and to be honest I cant really tell much diffrance from them both apart from I think the mac make my skin look more radiant but it could be because I bought the correct colour good thing about this product is it easy to find in the UK NOT LIKE MUFE!! Bad points about this product cant find any I guess if you needed more covage then that might be a down side but concealer work for me!! it last all day and work great with my philosophy the present and no need to blot either if your a girl that doesnt have time to look in the mirror ever 30mins I believe this may work for you :~)

Video Reviews & Tutorials