September 21, 2014 | 2019 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

On it's own, this really doesn't do much. I don't have perfect skin, but it's also not perfect. The first time I used this, I felt like I wasted my money. But when I was washing it off that night, I saw that it really was waterproof, and therefore, great for the summer. So the next day, I tried it with a tinted moisturizer first, then this, then MSF natural. All combined, it gave me a nice, not too heavy, natural look. I would buy it again, but thankfully this large bottle should last me a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Bubblebelly83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great if you want something light. Does not cover much at all but feels nice and light.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissdluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG foundation (C3). I don't have acne, so I just need a foundation that evens out my skin tone, and this is it. If you have any sort of acne or bumps I do NOT recommend this, nor do I recommend it for oily skin. On my normal skin this is dewy and perfect for the summer months. I do need a little powder for my t-zone, but that is to be expected. With my pro discount this is pretty cheap and it comes in a huge bottle, so I have no complaints. Just remember this could be the WORST foundation on someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

Edit:
I have used this on some clients and, though I can usually MAKE it work, it isn't ideal for many people. Try wearing a full face of it all day before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jrd12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product because it goes on really thin and smooth. It is water based so you barely feel that you have it on. The only thing is that my skin becomes oily throughout the day so I have to wear powder on top of it. And it is a little too thin to cover up blemishes so a good concealer is helpful.

I used to use a sponge to apply this foundation but my during my previous visit to the MAC store, I was talked into getting a brush, which is what I now use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC 43-45 and MAC live chat recommended C6 for me. She was right on. At first sight, I thought C6 would be to warm, but it is just perfect because it really applies sheer and it is very lightweight. This is now my favorite foundation. I was using Studio fix powder foundation, which I still love, but some days I prefer the look and feel of a liquid foundation. With a concealor, and MAC foundation stick, Face and Body offers great coverage. I apply it with my 190 paint brush and buff it in with my 109 and it looks flawless. I set MAC face and body with my MSF in medium dark and I am pleased with the results. For any scars, try using a very small amount of the MAC foundation stick, which works well for even better coverage in very small problem areas. update: I believe the foundation stick has been discontinued by MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rxygrl

I have sensitive/combo/acne-prone skin and this product gives me a fresh, even-toned appearance without looking made up. It gets rid of any redness while allowing my skin to show through. AMAZING product! And most importantly, I don't break out from it and it lasts all day. I apply it with my MAC 190 brush, use COVERFX to spot conceal around my eyes and nose and set with Laura Mercier Mineral setting powder. I'm in love! For reference, I use C4/ NC35.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by amandaedista

I love love love this stuff! Recommended for those with pretty good skin, it gives a nice, natural, dewy, glowy finish. Coverage is sheer, but is buildable for those times when you want a little more. You get a pretty big bottle of this and a little goes a long way. I've had mine for almost a year and haven't even reached half way of this stuff. It's best to apply primer before hand, and use a foundation brush. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: LLL NC15-20/Highly Sensitive Dry-ish Skin. I wear C1. It is a good match but the shade is forgiving anyway due to the sheerness of the foundation.

Finish: Fresh dewy skin-like. This feels quite moist on this skin, almost more like a tinted moisturiser although I do moisturise and use also use a moisturising spf underneath. The finish has a great glow to it.

Coverage: Sheer to light but buildable. One layer of this foundation is quite sheer, again much like a tinted moisturiser but it can be layered to at least medium coverage without caking or looking heavy. This is very liquid-y and I tend to use more of this foundation than I would creamier textured foundations. I love the light moist coverage and finish of this foundation but I have drier skin. Those with oiler skin or anything serious to cover might not like this so much.

Wear: Great. This is waterproof so it actually has an incredibly long wear-time. However in summer or warmer weather, my skin starts to get a bit excessively dewy at around the 8 hr mark but if i use a blot sheet (this is the only foundation where i occassionally need to use one), no foundation comes off and when i wash my face at the end of my usual 12 hour day, all my foundation is still there.

Packaging: Ok. It is a large bottle with a small opening. My major gripe with the packaging is that the bottle leaks around the cap. This drives me nuts and it has leaked quite badly when I have travelled with it in the past.

Price: This retails for around AU$59. This is more than Clinique foundation but around the same as Shiseido, Estee Lauder and less than Chanel, Dior. The bottle is gigantic however and this means the foundation is really quite economical. I have used around a third of the bottle with frequent use over the past 6 + months.

Irritations/Reactions: I do adore this foundation but i find with daily use, that it does irritate my skin a little. I start to get tiny itchy red bumps which subside after a few days of not using this foundation. It is strange but I can use this frequently with no irritation but as soon as I wear it for a number of days straight, I get a bit of an allergic reaction. This foundation doesnt have fragrance or alcohol, which are two ingredients that irritate my skin but it does have some strange essential oils listed in the ingredients and these can cause irritation in sensitive skin gals like myself.

Overall, I do really love this foundation. It is great for my drier skin in cooler weather in particular and it has such a great dewy natural finish. It is economical also. The only downside is the irritation I notice after daily use, which is unfortunate because otherwise this would be an absolute HG. I said that I would buy again cos I probably would but I will definitely continue to try other things since I would love to find something similar that doesnt irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dpaschal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG...this is my new HG foundation. After trying every brand out there, you can see this in my other reviews....this is finally the one. I have been a fan of MAC hyperreal for years, but since I've started to show my age it's just not working for me anymore. I also love Clinique Super Moisture, but it just didn't stay on that long. This product is more like a tinted moisturizer with a bit more coverage depending on how many layers you add. It is has a lovely dewy finsh that does not look heavy. PLEASE GIRLS...matte make-up is sooooooo out dated. Your skin should look glowy and dewy no matter what age you are. The only reason I did not give an overall "5" is becuase of there is no pump. The bottle is huge but a pump would be great. Thanks MAC for not letting me down.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kissesPb

This product is good for any type of skin. For dry skin, this product is great since its water based and very hydrating. For oily skin, this is best paired with blot powder. I definitely recommend this product for everyday use. This product won't clog your pores, great to wear everyday (school, office, wherever!). Buildable coverage. You can wear it light or medium. Use conceler on blemishes for more even look. I would definitely buy this product again, its worth the money!.. One bad thing tho is that it dries quickly so one advice is to blend it properly using brush not sponge coz you will waste the product if you use sponge!

P.S For people who are complaining about this not having a pump, you can always buy the pump from MAC if it really bothers you. The pump cost $6.00 CND so it should be cheaper for US. All you have to do is push the foundation's nozzle from side to side and it will easily come off. Make sure not to spill any product because the bottle is quite full. After that, you can just screw the pump like normal. Enjoy this foundation!