MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

love, Love, LOVE! I neverrrr leave my house wearing eyeshadow without wearing my painterly paint underneath! Why spend the money on eyeshadow when it doesn't last on? Might as well invest in a paint to ensure that i'm getting MAX lasting power, wear and intensity of every one of my eye shadows! Especially for clients (ie:on sets and for brides who need to be in their makeup for super long hours!) Even on it's own, i find it really evens out the colour of my lid and brighten my eye area instantly! Best choice in colour of the bunch because i can layer any colour on top of it (since it's so neutral/nude), without having to worry about my eyeshadow colours being altered! Groundwork works great in replacement of Painterly for tanned or darker skin tones. Love the paint tubes also, and they do keep my eyeshadow in place slightly longer than the paint pots, but the pots have a much smoother application an d intensify the look/pigment of my eyeshadow just as good!

on 2/6/2009 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I decided to give this a go because I wanted to try this over TFSI to make my shadow last even longer (I'm looking for around 12 hours of wear)..This product couldn't look anymore like concealer to me lol..It's a great color and really evens out my lids, I guess like concelear would. I was suprised it was so thick though, I thought it would feel more like cream eyeshadow. It really accentuates my flakey lids (from TFSI I guess- happens with all primers I use) so I will need to find a good eye cream to add into my routine. This does a good job at preparing the lid for shadow, like others are saying- it really evens out skin and my eyeshadow seemed to stick to it pretty well..However, for me, it did not make my TFSI last much longer, but I guess 9 hours is ok. Not sure if I would repurchase but I may change my mind after I play around with this some more since I haven't used it by itself or with other brands of shadows yet aside from Ben Nye. Oh yea and I was also hoping it would help my liquid liner from creeping (it happens in the inner corners of my eyes over the course of about 8 hours) but this didn't help at all.
*update*
Without TFSI, this creased after like 3 hours :-( and even with a concelar brush (as some people recommended) I still can't get this on without it looking like crap!

on 2/6/2009 10:54:00 AM

This is a good base for eyelids. It's such a nude color that it doesn't show much but creates a smooth canvas for my lids when applying eyeshadows. I have no complaint of the container since it gives it substance. It wasn't cheap but worth a try.

on 2/3/2009 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this product. I've heard so many good things about it. I do like how creamy it is and how smoothly it glides over. The color is perfect for my skin tone and the pot is so cute. But, used as an eyeshadow primer, it creased. So I returned it.

What really grinds my gears about returning make-up at the MAC counter is the girls are so snooty. The girl I returned it to was trying to convince me that it should work, when really she was trying to convince herself. I don't think she could handle that MAC doesn't always work for everyone. I wasn't sold at all! I know not all MAC sales associates are like that. But for some reason, I always get the snooty ones. Please leave your snooty attitudes at home.

on 2/1/2009 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love paint pots! Painterly is a nice matte flesh tone. Great for use as an eye shadow base.

on 2/1/2009 2:27:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about Painterly. Sometimes, I feel like it really brightens my eyes. Other times I feel like it's too pink and obvious for my skintone... It doesn't do anything for me as a base by itself, but it extends the wear time of UDPP from 5-6 hrs to 8-9 hrs, so it does make a difference for me, and is quite frankly the only reason I wear it. Maybe I would like rubenesque better. That being said, it is fairly creamy and easy to apply. I use my fingers. I do feel that it sometimes dries a little too fast and then I get hard edges, especially around my inner corners, but it's nothing I haven't been able to fix by smudging a little harder yet.

on 1/24/2009 11:52:00 AM

I use this product as a base to put other eye shadows over and it also doubles as a great concealer

on 1/23/2009 5:53:00 PM

I really like this paint pot, its the only one i have, but i only use ut as a base and it works really well.

on 1/22/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT. I have slightly dry eyelids and have not found this to be a problem.

I use it alone as an eyeshadow and it really evens out my uneven skin tone on my lids giving me a natural look.

When I use it as a base, the shadow on my lids now looks like the shadow in the compact. Before this I could by a taupe shadow and on my lids it would be 3 shades different that what it shows. This allows the shadow color to be more 'true'.

Doesn't feel heavy or sticky.

LOVE IT.

on 1/19/2009 6:53:00 PM

I used both UDPP and TFSI for a while now, I really liked the staying power of these 2 products.when I was introduced to using Painterly as a base, I was equally happy about the staying power compare to UDPP and TFSI. I love the matte color that makes my skin(eye area) looks even. The only down side of this product is too drying for my lids, it kinda shows the lines.But overall considering the price and quality, I would purchase it again.