December 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ledisxo

I use this everyday and by far 100% better then udpp - its creamy stays on all day dosent dry or flake off like other primers from other companys :) its perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ewwww. Totally disgusting and thick as a base. I will just stick to my UDPP. This is getting returned with a quickness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aebella

I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with this product. I purchased it in Painterly, to match my skin tone according to the ma, and it definately does not. It's too dark to use under a wash color for a natural look and it actually seems to mute the colors a bit. I might try it again with wet pigments and see what happens...but as of right now I would recommend UDPP over Mac's paint pots anyday. Another product that works wonders as a base is Mac's cream color base...just make sure you use one of the ones that are safe for the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me. I would rather use bare canvas paint. It works better imo. Also select cover up acts better than this as well for an e/s primer. UDPP also a better alternative. It's just mediocre, and for MAC that's pretty disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

I may be the only moron that doesn't like this product. I felt it was very drying on the lids, and the texture I wasn't too thrilled with either. The price was OKAY but whenever DH saw the size of the pot, he wanted to gag! "almost 20$ for that THING?" He doesn't understand but after using this product, I may have to say the same. Maybe I have to give it a few more tries, but I didn't see much of a change from using a paint pot versus any kind of primer or liquid shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bellybo

I asked a make-up artist at MAC to show me their paint pots, and I was stunned when she painted Painterly straight -over- the eye makeup I was wearing. I couldn't even tell I had been wearing eye-shadow at all! It stayed smooth and soft with a nice, somewhat powdery texture, and it really keeps my eye-shadow from creasing, even during a dance performance. It took me a few tries to get the hang of pat-pat-patting it on, but now I can do it like a pro.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the concept here: a product that acts as a primer for the eyelid to make eyeshadow stay longer and remain true to colour....BUT.....my eyelids ended up red and burning. I NEVER react to eye products, so this was unusual. Needless to say, I am returning it and would not buy it again. Such a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 6:15:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

This is a pinkish flesh tone matte cream product. I have been using this alone or as an eyeshadow base and it works great, lasts all day without creasing. The only downside for me is that i am NC30/C3 and this is too pink for me. I wish I bought Soft Ochre instead, but I can get buy with this until I finish the product. I don't feel I need to go out and purchase Soft Ochre because Painterly blends in fine and gets the job done. I apply with my finger, or sometimes with a MAC 217 brush to blend it out. This can also be used as a subtle highligher for the face, if you're like NW35 or darker. This is also nice to use over lip balm for a nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a new top products for me.
i have oily eyelids and this is the best! i have tried a lot of primers (paula dorf eye primer, beneift lemon-aid) and this is the only thing that seems to work. (i still want to try UDPP but hopefully they will repackage it b/c to me it seems a waste...)
anyway i find painterly lasts longer on me when applied with a brush. still not sure if the color is right for me yet i am nc15 and it tends to turn my shadows a little purple???
love that you get so much product too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first Paint Pot. Painterly is a nude, pinked beige without shimmer. It makes an amazing eye shadow primer. I especially love to use this as a base for my Nars eyeshadows (in my opinion, the quickest to fade) and they actually stay all day! A little goes a long way with this. I use the MAC 242 brush to blend this on my eyelids. EDIT: You know what...this is too pinkish on my eyelids. It gives my eyeshadows a greyish or purplish tint. MAC's Bare Canvas paint is much better in color than this. Still though, I'm giving it 4 lippies for quality.