April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the way this powder perfects my skin and keeps shine at bey (bay?). Sometimes the style of the compact causes the bottom part to slide open and the puff comes flying out...but that's ok...I use a separate powder brush anyway. :)
    this is a great powder! Feels luxurious like a department store brand, but is half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by rachmaworld

This is a good setting powder for anyone who is on a budget. Personally, the packaging is a little weird- the swiveling mirror is a little to complicated for my taste. I initially tried this product out because of it's good reviews on YouTube...don't get me wrong, it is a good powder, but I'd rather stick to my Clinique pressed powder than repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Marbeque07

Applies smoothly, great texture, never cakey, never chalky. Definitely a bang for your buck. I just can't purchase again because I need some sort of oil control, which this does not do at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this powder after reading the reviews here. I was looking for a nice matte powder to set my tinted moisturizer. I was shocked when I opened it up and discovered it's sparkly! Really sparkly! I hate sparkly products and avoid them like crazy. I have a baby and I can't stand it when people hug her and leave sparkles on her. Needless to say, I won't be using this. I decided to try it out to see if they were noticable, and when I looked in a mirror outside you could see them. I like the texture and color of this powder, but the shimmer is just too much for a matte powder. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

This is a great powder for a drug store! It's not overly powdery which makes it perfect as a setting powder. The colors are great and it is finely milled so it goes on really smooth. It doesn't look over done at all as it is fairly sheer. It would be perfect in the purse. The package is a bit odd but who cares the product is great and that's what counts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Great powder. Finely milled, goes on well...I have it in tan and it's great for adding a little bit of color when my f/d is on the light side...and of course as a setting powder to get rid of the oilies. I always have it in my purse...no reason for me to stray!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MLC1986

I love this as a setting powder over my Bare Minerals Matte foundation... makes my pores look smaller just by dusting a little over my entire face. It can look slightly chalky if you use a lot, just a warning. Great for those with really good skin with little to cover or how I use it. Replaced it with Dream Matte Foundation, which was just too heavy for me (as most liquid foundations seem to be). I do not use the pad it comes with; I use it with a big, soft brush. Yes, the swivel mirror is bizarre, but I don't find it to be a problem. Will buy again!
    EDIT:
    Why does this stuff not come in a wide array of colors? When my skin was much more fair in the winter, the lightest shade was fine... but now with the summer beginning, and a full weekend in the sun, it literally looks like I'm putting chalk on my face. Since I really like this stuff, I think I will go buy it in the next shade up and see if that will work for me in the summer... Ughhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

THE best powder ever! Gives me a light/medium coverage. I use this without foundation and I see a big difference when I have the powder on, which is what I look for in a powder. I would recommend this to everyone and would repurchase again and again. HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

When I'm on the go and don't have time to do full foundation, this is my HG! I put my theBalm concealer and powder my face and I'm good to go. It provides medium matte coverage that last 7-8 hours. Best of all, it's so cheap and doesn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lacette1

I've been using this for some time now, and I can finally write a review because it works on my skin. I was using the puff to apply it, and it didn't really work, started looking really cakey not even. Then i tried using my lil kabuki and now its amazing, even. I make sure to exfoiliate and moisturize especially if i'm using RetinA, otherwise this stuff makes any dry patches look awful. I only started using this because of all the reviews on here, so glad I did, now I don't use foundation, just this with a kabuki and some concealer for undereyes, takes away the shine on my face for half of the day - then I retouch with powder I have in my purse.