July 24, 2014 | 1108 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AndreaLeigh

I really thought this would be great. I wanted it to be, after hearing everyone rave that it was their HG mascara. It didn't do anything special for my lashes, and it smudged under my eyes (the waterproof version). BOO! I won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 4:06:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara. It does not volumize or make my lashes longer, it does not really define, it only flakes after one hour. And it is really expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by BRIGITE

This is a great product. It doesn't leave my lashes looking cakey or feeling crusty. They stay very natural. I do agree with someone else, though, that it goes on a bit thick ---you have to mess with it a little. (I use a needle to separate lashes.) Usually, once the tube starts emptying out some it's easier to get the brush less wetted when you apply, so no points off for that. It doesn't "chip off" during the day like some mascaras do!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by loreleilee33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried MANY MANY mascaras, because somehow I always get roped into buying the new ones that come on the market that claim to give you that fake eyelash look. But they're all so SO disappointing compared to Deficinils. None have ever come close to this mascara. I have pretty long, semi dark lashes, & this mascara elongates them soo much. When I apply it really well, I can get my lashes to curl & touch right below my eyebrow. My only two pet peeves with this is that A. it tends to dry out quickly, & when it does get old it will clump up a bit. & B. the price. But it's well worth it for me, considering mascara is sometimes the only makeup product I'll wear. If you're looking for a mascara that is going to give you beautiful LONG lashes - look no further!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kebby

I have a sample size of this and here's what I think: This goes on a little thick considering its not supposed to be clumpy however minimum combing through with a clean disposable mascara brush solves this problem instantly. When combed the mascara gices eack lash a even dark coat, right to the tip which lengthens and enhances well. When wearing this my lashes look individually longer and darker not particularly volumising but I wasn't after that effect. It also enhances the curl a little by not weighing the lashes down. A pretty look, but certainly not sweepingly curled, thick and dramatic, I would use this to make my lashes look very nice during the day. Oh and this makes a nice change from my fave mascara as it is so low maintenance to apply!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

Definicils mascara is often included in GWP's, but I've bought a full size before because I found it a necessity. It's not completely budge-proof, but wears well in most circumstances. It doesn't give you raccoon eyes. What it does, it lengthens and darkens your lashes. Maybe it curls the lashes a little, too. I highly recommend. I'm surprised the rating on Productville for Definicils isn't higher.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by corinneyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What do you do if you have long, dark lashes...that stick straight out and won't hold a curl to save their little lash lives? If you're me, you try every mascara you can get your hands on (combined with a heated lash curler and lash primer). I have been up and down the mascara gauntlet, and I can only recall one, maybe two, occasions when I purchased the same mascara more than once in a row. Until I happened upon Definicils. Oh, I still try the other mascaras...the drugstore brands, the department store counter brands...I'm almost a mascara whore, trying out any mascara I can get my grubby little hands on, without shame. But I keep coming back to Definicils. I know mascara is a highly personal preference, more so than foundation and skincare, but this is definitely the best mascara I have ever used. Great lengthening effect and little to no dotting on my upper lids (and isn't that what an eyeliner smudger brush if for, other than, well, smudging eyeliner?). But I think the best part of this mascara is that it enables me to view my own lashes head-on, rather than having to do the whole set-up-the-mirrors-at-exact-angles-to-get-a-side-view-of-your-head thing that, frankly, I had become quite adept at but never thought should be something that one becomes adept at. And this amazing effect lasts all day! Not just through the workday all day, but through the workday and dinner with half a bottle of wine and a dance class and shopping day! Amazing feat, that. I will say that the price is a bit steep...$22 for something I'm supposed to be replacing every 4 months (or is it 3 now, or 6...I can't keep up with the sanitary/cosmetic marketing guidelines!) is a bit steep; but I can also say without hesitation that I've never actually *paid* for a tube of Definicils...I collect them from sampling events, GWPs, friends, family, MUA swaps...and I am not above sample grubbing at the Lancome counter (like I said before, I'm shameless). Still, if I had to pay for it (forbid!) I'm sure I would. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kobemax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am actually shocked that this product only gets 57% for the "will buy again" category. This is the best mascara available today bar none, and I have tried many only to keep returning to this one. Long, Long lashes, good thickness but not so much that your lashes look overdone. For those people who say it smudges, I wonder if they are wearing lots of moisturizer without using concealer or putting eyeshadow on. Any mascara will smudge if it comes into direct contact with moisturizer. For a polished face, but a no-makeup look, I apply concealer over upper eyelid and under the eye, after anti-oxidant serum and moisturizing sunscreen (and I really pile it on as the skin in my eye area is very dry). After I use MAC Select Sheer loose powder on the rest of my face, sweep the brush lightly over the eye area - at this point there is almost no powder on the brush but this does seem to "set" the concealer. Then apply mascara. NO smudging ever. Actually, even if I don't do all this the mascara never smudges. In years past, Maybelline made "Illegal Lengths", which was even a better mascara, for 1/3 the price. Then the parent company of Lancome bought Maybelline, and shortly after the formula definately changed for the worse, now I think they have discontinued this name altogether. I think they did not want this product competing with Definicils. Also, Cover Girl made one called "Thick Lash II", amazing long lashes, I think they may still have one called Thick Lash but the formula is not the same. The only complaint I have is that Definicils is very expensive at $27 Canadian, but worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

This is the only high end mascara I've owned, so I really don't have much to compare it with, but I actually really liked this mascara because it didn't seem to clump too much on my lashes and it looked very natural, but was still noticeable and made my lashes look lengthy. Mine has dried up and I think I might get another one because it's not too fake looking like many other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by litaa

I don't understand why people are saying this is smudging...?! This product doesn't smudge, and my lashes were unaffected when I splashed my face with water. With this mascara you can very easily curl your lashes just by twirling over the lashes a little bit, and lengthten them. The result-beautiful eyelashes, I'd recommend it.