April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by arabelle

This was the first perfume I ever experienced as my mother wore no other parfum but Chanel No. 5. That may bias me towards it, but no matter. Whilst I find it comforting to wear, it has always reminded me of sheer elegance and grace. It gently trails around one, enveloping in its warm, powdery accords.

Aldehydes domniate the top notes, then rose and jasmine heart notes mingle with sandalwood,vanilla and a touch of vetiver in the base notes.
This is a fragrance I will keep with me for all time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 11:21:00 AM More reviews by legaleagle

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I am in love with it. It is so classic and smells quite lovely on me. I bought the gift set with the Eau de Parfum, the shimmer lotion, and the bath gel. It just smells so good to me. My husband also loves it! I know it is one of the best selling perfumes in America, and I can see why. Very sexy fragrance that lasts all day. As Coco herself said, "Where it anywhere you want to be kissed." Who can argue with that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 1:29:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

I don't like the fragrance at all. It smells grandmotherly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2003 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JZ1969

As another reviewer stated, Chanel No 5 was Marilyn Monroe's signature scent. As a teenager, I adored Marilyn and all the glamour she stood for (on the surface). Still, to this day, I love Chanel No 5 and every time I wear it I have someone ask me what it is that is smelling so good. It's definitely an old money smell and one that I feel luxurious wearing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel #5 smells too old ladish for me.....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Reina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best perfume ever.
everytime I use it (nearly every evening) i marvel about how much better it is then anthing i have used during the day/ tried at shops...
it is beautiful both in the perfume (warm, powdery, woody, golden) and the edt, sharper to start with, and maybe a bit sweeter in the drydown.Very well balanced... just beautiful and by far my partner's favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by YaleBarbie

This is a classic fragrance that the women in my family have been wearing for years. Men do find it alluring, as it does not overwhelm or offend. The scent is hard to describe, a little bit deep and musky, but not overpowering. It smells sensual, but like nothing in particular. It does not have a fruity or floral scent. Just a sexy scent! I recommend Chanel No 5 for the classic kind of woman, the type of woman who knows the power of a little black dress and a little modesty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2003 7:40:00 AM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like a dusty musty old attic to me. Old. I dont care for it. It is not offensive like some fragrance but it just smells old and powdery. I would not buy this one. My ex mother in law wore it all the time. She loved it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2003 7:06:00 AM More reviews by lea_tggirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it s The Perfume! for me the #5 is a modern woman, not an icon not a whore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 5:34:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This may be labeled as one of the most popular fragrances out there, but I don't see why! I don't like the smell of this at all, smells like something my nana would use!