Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 1/27/2003 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love Dover products. I just discovered the hair care which I really like and of course there is the beauty bar which has been a staple of mine for years and years. I use it both on my face and my body. My derm said that it was a nice gentle wash to use on the face that wouldn't bother my sensative skin. He was right!

on 1/27/2003 5:53:00 AM

while this bar WAS nice and moisturizing, with a really nice scent.. I found that it didn't seem to make my skin feel clean. Also, since it was in bar form, it made me a bit iffy about how hygienic it was (yes, I'm paranoid!)

on 1/27/2003 4:46:00 AM

I have always loved the original Dove beauty bar.It smells wonderful.Keeps skin soft and smooth.My skin never gets dried out like it will if I wash with regular soap.
I have never found another product like this.
I cannot say enough good things about this bar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

reese witherspoon my idol w/beautiful skin uses this! thats why i tried it and i like it when i have dry skin but when its oily its not so good. try the pink/white striped bars they look real cute!

on 1/21/2003 12:30:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bar! The only reason why I stopped using it is because I have stared a international soap collection. :) And there is no use to collecting soap unless you get to use it and test them out! :) But still, the Dove soap is the only soap that I have used that softens and moisturizes my skin. When I use it in my shower right before bed, I come out feeling all nice and soft and it really helps me fall right to sleep! I love the smell too... It became my signature smell (fragrances seem to stick to me... which isn't always great...) and my bf thought I smelled really cuddly. :) (BIG plus for someone who likes to cuddle!) But I digress.

on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I grew up with this... it was the only soap my mom and dermatologist said I could use, b/c my skin is very sensitive. It never dried me out, and I never had a problem with pimples using this.. but then I am very dry-skinned. Very gentle, and the unscented is wonderful!

on 12/28/2002 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I must admit that my favorite smell in the world is dove soap, I wish they made a perfume, too. I use this on my body with good results but I'm always afraid to use it on my face because I'm afraid it will clog my pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is good stuff. It feels and looks very pure, lathers well, and adds moisture to skin. I use it on my face sometimes, but the fragrance can be overwhelming. This is a very gentle cleanser. Be sure to rinse well though, or else it can leave a scummy residue.

on 9/17/2002 5:45:00 AM

I hate Dove, i think it's disgusting stuff! So many chemicals in the 'bar', it smells icky, plus it dries out my skin. Hate it. At least it's cheap- not that I would buy it anyway!

on 9/12/2002 1:38:00 PM

I use this sometimes when I get oily, but don't want to drag out my Olay Daily Facials. It feels clean, clears my skin, and if I'm just a little dry afterward, a light moisturizer sets me straight. It's hard to mess up your skin with this bar and a light moisturizer.