April 18, 2014 | 1145 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

Best foundation I have ever used - and I have tried A LOT!! It truly feels like silk on my face, and lasts sooo long! And best of all, it controls shine!! That was my major problem before - every other foundation I have tried has made my face oily by noon. With this foundation, I'm not even oily or shiny by 5:00. Granted, I do use a foundation primer, but with other foundations I didn't really see any results with the primer. But now I do! I love the texture and it has great coverage as well. I will be buying this for a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of Revlon's regular/original Colorstay as far as a cheaper/drugstore foundation so I was excited to try the whipped version. I can remember wearing the original formula is highschool/early college and years later I've come back to it. Usually I'm sand beige in this line (NC20-25) but with it being summer I'm more along the lines of NC30 which translates very well to warm golden. I recently tried L'oreal True Match Lumi which is also a really nice foundation but after purchasing the Revlon Whipped I'm once again reminded that Revlon is just a much better color match for me in that it caters to yellow undertones very well. Consistency feels light when I'm applying (w/ fingers) and a little goes a long way. Coverage is medium and keeps me matte for hours at a time. Very impressed with this new version of one of my favorites. I bought it @ Walmart where it retails for just under $11.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Heather0430

I usually do not buy drugstore foundatiom because they always break down and get greasy so i usually stick to my tarte amazonian clay foundation but i heard about this from a couple of my fav you tubers and i had to try it and i LOVE it. Im nc 15 in mac and i got Buff and its perfect. I put it on with my sigma f80 and its looks amazing. I have normal skin with a shiny t-zone and i dont have to blot or touch up at all! It doesnt feel like you have a face full of make up either iy blends so easily !When i get home at 7 pm it still looks awesome and i touch my face alot. This is a new must have in my makeup collection. I will be re-purchasing.

UPDATE
After wearing this for a week i notice its drying out my skin and making me look flakey and patchy. I am going to stop using it everyday and maybe alternate it with my tarte foundation and only use this one a few times a week and see if it makes a difference

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this online because it's not out in Australia yet, I was very surprised that the colour was a perfect match. Probably the closest match I have ever found in drug store. For reference I am normally an NW20 in mac and my colour in this foundation in Natural beige. This foundation is definitely not as full coverage as the liquid colorstay formulation.
I didn't wear this for 24 hours, I don't know who actually would but it did stay on all day with no touch ups needed. If i had to choose between normal revlon colourstay and the whipped foundation then my heart still belongs to the liquid foundation. It is not a bad foundation I just prefer fuller coverage. I found the best way to apply this was with the beauty blender.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NC 30 and I use Warm Golden. I also tried Natural Beige which also was a good match however, that one is not nearly as yellow based as Warm Golden. this shade is very similar to maybelline smooth mousse in natural beige but slightly lighter than that one which suits my NC 30 better. There is a shade in between called Medium Beige but I didn't try it. A little goes a loooong way! like a dab with my finger is enough for my entire face for medium coverage. very easy to blend, i use my fingers. Right after application, i feel like my complexion looks cakey dry places are still visible, however after maybe 15 minutes, teh foundation settles and my skinn looks realllly nice! very dewy and flawless looking. I do get oily and i do have oily skin so I havve to blot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes91

I've been using this foundation for around 2 weeks or so. I first bought the shade 220 and it looked a little ashy on me since it has neutral undertones so I ended up getting 320 as well to mix them. I realize they both have a weird undertone to them on my skin (I'm an nc25) I'm very yellow (not Asian but I have Asian skintone) but after I would say 20 minutes it oxidizes on my skin and blends in to exactly my color. I have to set it with a powder because during the summer I'm semi oily. But it's very light weight and only tacky in the beginning and after it feels like skin. I also have to note I have to apply it with my fingers I can't apply it with a brush it makes my pores stand out and doesn't go on my face nice. Fingers is the way to go with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I bought this in Medium beige since that was the last shade in the display at my drugstore for some reason. It was too light and really neutral toned. I returned it and waited for a sale to get it again in Warm Golden. Warm Golden however doesn't seen as warm as I need and thats the only reason I took one lippie off. The shade range isn't the best with I believe 12 shades (which isn't too bad either for drugstore shade ranges). I mainly have normal skin everywhere besides the sides of my nose which are very dry and usually foundation emphasizes it soooooo much, but this product didn't really emphasize it as much as I was expecting. It glided over the lines and didn't settle. I et very slightly oily on my T-zone at the end of the day but wow, when I got home and saw my face, I was surprised at how well this controlled oil! The jar is very heavy which is why I gave a 3 for packaging but I understand that it has to be in a jar because of the consistency, but why such a heavy jar?! I recommend scooping some out with a spatula or clean finger and then blending it in with your fingers! Using your fingers versus the brush really melts this product into your skin and makes it look pretty natural. I say give it a try especially on a good sale like the 40% off Rite aid has been doing a ton on Revlon, and if you don't like it, they have a great return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily, acne-prone skin. My skin was pretty clear before using this, I used this foundation for two days and broke out all over my chin and jaw line. I will not be using this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally like this product. It has nice medium but buildable to full coverage. It isn't really 'whipped' feeling. It's a bit heavier than that. It has the consistency of softened ice cream, it's kind of cool.
I don't know my MAC foundation color for reference because their foundations don't appeal to me. I'm usually in the light sector of skin tones, but not fair. I have slight pink undertones but not too much. I have the shades Buff and Sand Beige. To start, these two shades both have a slight gray tinge to them. I'm not sure how to describe it but they have a little gray cast. It isn't noticeable once buffed into the skin but noteworthy. I have applied with a stippling brush, a buffing brush and also my fingers. I prefer clean fingers because it gives the most natural finish.
Sand Beige is a bit dark for me but it works because I have a tan right now however as the year goes on, I will need to switch to Buff or possible lighter.
It gives a nice, semi-matte finish and doesn't include sparkle like the Revlon Photoready products do. I think the packaging is simple and pretty however impractical. It's housed in a glass jar which is very heavy and distorts the color so shade selection can be difficult because soon all the shades start to look the same. Since the jar is so big and clunky, I don't like to travel with it and it is often left at home.
I took off a lippie because the combination of the packaging, trying to figure out the shade you need and the price. I paid almost $11 USD which is what I think a bit much for a drugstore foundation but it works. Staying power is pretty good, but due to my oily skin, I still need a little touch up with blotting sheets and powder by the afternoon if I put it on in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT 2/2/13: recently tried this again and sorry it just does not look natural no matter how i try it. le sigh. worth a try though.

EDIT 8/24: this broke me out and i am in no way acne prone. i wore this to a dinner party and woke up with 2 fresh pimples ugh.

EDIT 8/8: i wore this to a wedding with my mac msfn on top and it looked fabulous in photos. i don't need full coverage every day but for that time of the month or for a random break out or something i will definitely be reaching for this!!

oh crap. another foundation that i really like. this is a quick first impression review...it's definitely medium-full coverage and i applied it with fingers. nc30/5 and 320 warm golden was the way to go. i went to four stores before i found this color though. got it at walmart with a $3coupon so it ended up being around 7$ for me. doesn't feel as if i was wearing a mask like how the original liquid colorstay is.

the reason why i'm writing a quick review is to let people know...this is awesome as an undereye concealer. i used it with my mac f&b and it covers completely..way better than thebalm concealer, benefit erase paste, or my laura geller real deal concealer (though i love this one for discolored spots and blemishes). heard that this photographs well and i'm excited to try it out for a wedding i'm attending. finish is a little too matte for my liking so i follow up with mac MSFN which gives a more glowy look.