August 20, 2014 | 1950 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mayflower537

I had been trialing the Lancome 24 hour Teint Idole makeup, which I thought I loved. However, even with the mattifying pressed powder (Translucense) I would still get oily after awhile. I actually planned to buy the full-size, but for a few weeks, they didn't have my color (Buff 220). I am NW18 per the MAC SA. I saw the good reviews for this foundation, and had some CVS coupons and decided to try it. I bought it in Nude 220 and Natural Beige 240. I think that the nude color is technically better on me, but either works, oddly enough. This blends seamlessly with my double wear concealer and I set it with the Translucense pressed powder. I've been applying with my fingers as I am terrible with liquid foundations and brushes. The combination (maybe it's just the foundation) is great for controlling oil. I went out bike riding with my kids earlier today for awhile and expected to be just a mess when I came back in. I looked just like I did after I applied the powder that morning. Awesome!! I deducted one lippie b/c I think this stuff is a tad drying. I have some flakies that I don't normally have. But I can live with that, for sure, as I'd rather have some inconspicuous flakes than a greasy t-zone by lunch time. I really like this stuff.

Oh, and it is very difficult to color match through the glass jar. I just got lucky, I think. I don't know about the other drug stores or Target and Walmart, but CVS will let you return makeup that doesn't work out.

I am acne prone and this stuff definitely doesn't break me out, which is something I was never sure of with the Lancome. I was suspicious that it did, but never totally sure (there are always more variables than makeup in my case).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by midwestmakeup14

As many before me have said, this is my holy grail foundation. So much better than the original colorstay, because it never looks heavy but covers just as well! I have tried so many foundations, high and low end, and this is the best of the best for me. I don't consider it expensive for what it does for my skin. I have a ton of acne scars, and just an over-all uneven skin tone, but this covers every bit of it, and with so little product. I spread a thin layer using a stipple brush, and then just stipple a bit more product over my problem areas, and my face is the closest to flawless it has and will ever look. This lasts all day, through heat and humidity too! I have never felt as comfortable in my skin as I do with this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lori0202

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

contains salacylic acid - if you're allergic like I am be warned! I should have read the label closer.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Faarahhhhx

When this product was new on the market, I decided to give it a try. The color selection was not as wide as I was hoping compared to the original colorstay foundations. I purchased shade 370 and 400 to try out. I realized I had to use much more product than normal, but it did give me a good finish. Although it did last a reasonable 8 hours, I do not believe it held true to it's 24 hour claim. I discontinued use because it caused me to breakout after about a week. Possibly because of the thickness of the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by carolinee08

This. Is. It.

I've officially found my holy grail foundation. Sweet Smokin' Jesus, this stuff is a miracle in a jar! Revlon really hit it out of the ball park with this one. The first time I tried it, I just dabbed it on to some trouble spots, satisfied with the coverage it gave. But the next day, when I full on tried it and applied all over my face, I was shocked. My face looked flawless. Like, air brush flawless. My sister was like, "Holy crap, Caroline, your skin looks incredible." Indeed, it did.

The texture of this foundation is none like I've ever seen/felt. It's a whipped consistency, but it's also gel-like at the same time. I don't like dipping my fingers in there, but I always make sure to used clean fingers if I do. The coverage of this foundation is outstanding. It gives you more than enough to cover your imperfections, but enough to make your skin look natural and soft. It also has lasted on my skin for 16 hours, which is pretty damn good. Haven't tested it for 24 hours, but hopefully I'll never have to (cause momma likes her sleep). What I do is I take some of the foundation on my ELF powder brush, then stipple the foundation on my face and blend it all out. After that, I set it with MAC MSFN and bam, I have a clear complexion. The color I have it in is 220 Natural, which is a bit light but I just warm up my face with bronzer and I'm good to go. I also want to mention that this stuff doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Like, at all. The original colorstay felt heavier than this one ever does, even when my skin is at its oiliest. And on that topic, my skin does get oily through this foundation but only if I've worn it for over five hours, or if it's sweating balls of planets outside like today was bleh. But other than that it looks perfectly good on my skin for a good couple hours.

The price is a bit steep for a drugstore foundation. At a whopping 15 dollars at Walgreens, you kinda just think, should I take this money and just buy a foundation at Sephora? NO. This foundation is as good as it gets for me, drugstore brand or high end. The packaging isn't the most sanitary (esp. for a germifobe like me), but this stuff is worth every penny, and I will happily repurchase when I run out.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im NC42 right now and got this foundation in Rich Ginger at Walgreens and its great color match. Rich Ginger is neutral toned but surprisingly works for me even though I have strong yellow south asian skintone. I have used Golden Caramel in the Colorstay liquid for a 12yrs now. I like this whipped version better than the liquid. In Texas heat whipped lasts longer and I blot alot less. I have tried many foundations: tarte amazonian clay in tan, estee lauder double wear in tawny, mac prolong wear, chanel long lasting foundation, rimmel lasting finish, lancome teint idole, avon perfect wear, maybelliene mousse, mufe body make up, you name it, ive tried in the end I always return to revlon. I finish this foundation off with Revlon's new aqua finishing powder in light medium.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been an avid Colorstay foundation user. When Colorstay whipped came out I gave it a try and fell in love. I have oil combination,sensitive skin. This product I feel goes on easier and blends easier than the original Coloratay liquid. I love the overall look and feel to the Colorstay Whipped Foundation. I have acne scars,freckles and fine lines. Tis product does well covering without looking cakey. It lasts all day. I am very happy and will be purchasing it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Anivad82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the packaging! Big thumbs up there- it makes for easy access and no wastage. However as far as foundations go, I can only give it a 3 =(
I was so excited to read the awesome reviews I thought for sure it would hide my large pores + oily skin. Granted, I live in a very hot and humid climate, but being a colour stay product I figured the colour would.... stay. It certainly is not a bad foundation, but realistically it performed very average for me. I have worn it a number of times now- tried straight onto skin, tried + powder, tried + primer + power, but I generally only get about 5 hours out of it. After 1-2 hours I look dewy, after 5 it is patchy. By end of day it is virtually gone. So sad I wish it had the staying power for me that it does for others! I actually get better lasting power from the photoready makeup (the sparkly one LOL).

The finish when first applied is lurvly. It feels soft and light and looks so smoooooth. But yer, just fades away on me.

Also the price in Australia is ridiculous. $36.00, and our dollar is on par with the US. Whenever I see someone complain about it being $14 or something I can't help but giggle a bit. We are so ripped off over here. But I digress.

I will keep using it till my jar is empty but I am going to try and use up my multitude of foundations that I have purchased before trying something high end with hopefully some staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using loreal's true match foundation but I wanted a change and realized that that foundation didn't help control my oily face, ESP since its summer now.

Before purchasing this foundation, i wanted to research which shade to buy because my local Walgreen didn't have testers, due to it being unsanitary. One of the reviewers said that she emailed revlon and they gave her a listing of warm shades.

Pros:
- I'm a nc30-35 with a warm skin tone. The color "320 warm golden" is a tad bit light but it blends in beautifully. I settled for this color because the next warm shade was too dark for me.
- I only use a little amount. This product evens out my skin and makes my face look flawless. A little goes a long way.
- dries to a matte finish without looking Cakey
- doesn't break me out

Cons:
- application. I hate using my hands to apply foundation but this method is definitely the best way to go, of course using clean hands. I use my elf studio powder brush with fix+ spritzed on it to buff over my skin after I applied with my fingers

Overall, I Frickin love this foundation. I have oily skin and with this foundation, I find that I don't have to blot my tzone like crazy. I prefer this over the revlon Colorstay because this is easier to blend and I like the finish better. Def would repurchase! :)

Update (1/10/12) - I'm nc25-30 and 200 sand beige is a match for me! 320 warm golden was getting too dark for me. I'm on my 2nd bottle of this foundation. When you get towards the bottom, foundation tends to get thicker but still blendable. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation a lot. I've never found a foundation that is my HG. It seems like I like something for a little while and then one day it randomly looks terrible on me. I have a drawer full of foundations, both HE and DS.

But this one seems to be performing well. I bought it shortly after it came out and use it every day now. Like others have said, I'm not in love with the packaging. But it's fine.

I have the best luck just using my fingers to apply this. I have tried it with a flat foundation brush, a Real Techniques buffing brush, a MAC stippling brush, a beauty blender and, of course, my fingers only. With each method of brush/sponge I still used my fingers to dot it on my face and then use the brush/sponge to blend it out. But one day I just decided to blend it out with my fingers and it looked the best.

For now I'm giving it 5 lippies because I really like the way this looks on me. I'll update if that changes.