July 29, 2014 | 2206 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Anivad82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the packaging! Big thumbs up there- it makes for easy access and no wastage. However as far as foundations go, I can only give it a 3 =(
I was so excited to read the awesome reviews I thought for sure it would hide my large pores + oily skin. Granted, I live in a very hot and humid climate, but being a colour stay product I figured the colour would.... stay. It certainly is not a bad foundation, but realistically it performed very average for me. I have worn it a number of times now- tried straight onto skin, tried + powder, tried + primer + power, but I generally only get about 5 hours out of it. After 1-2 hours I look dewy, after 5 it is patchy. By end of day it is virtually gone. So sad I wish it had the staying power for me that it does for others! I actually get better lasting power from the photoready makeup (the sparkly one LOL).

The finish when first applied is lurvly. It feels soft and light and looks so smoooooth. But yer, just fades away on me.

Also the price in Australia is ridiculous. $36.00, and our dollar is on par with the US. Whenever I see someone complain about it being $14 or something I can't help but giggle a bit. We are so ripped off over here. But I digress.

I will keep using it till my jar is empty but I am going to try and use up my multitude of foundations that I have purchased before trying something high end with hopefully some staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using loreal's true match foundation but I wanted a change and realized that that foundation didn't help control my oily face, ESP since its summer now.

Before purchasing this foundation, i wanted to research which shade to buy because my local Walgreen didn't have testers, due to it being unsanitary. One of the reviewers said that she emailed revlon and they gave her a listing of warm shades.

Pros:
- I'm a nc30-35 with a warm skin tone. The color "320 warm golden" is a tad bit light but it blends in beautifully. I settled for this color because the next warm shade was too dark for me.
- I only use a little amount. This product evens out my skin and makes my face look flawless. A little goes a long way.
- dries to a matte finish without looking Cakey
- doesn't break me out

Cons:
- application. I hate using my hands to apply foundation but this method is definitely the best way to go, of course using clean hands. I use my elf studio powder brush with fix+ spritzed on it to buff over my skin after I applied with my fingers

Overall, I Frickin love this foundation. I have oily skin and with this foundation, I find that I don't have to blot my tzone like crazy. I prefer this over the revlon Colorstay because this is easier to blend and I like the finish better. Def would repurchase! :)

Update (1/10/12) - I'm nc25-30 and 200 sand beige is a match for me! 320 warm golden was getting too dark for me. I'm on my 2nd bottle of this foundation. When you get towards the bottom, foundation tends to get thicker but still blendable. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation a lot. I've never found a foundation that is my HG. It seems like I like something for a little while and then one day it randomly looks terrible on me. I have a drawer full of foundations, both HE and DS.

But this one seems to be performing well. I bought it shortly after it came out and use it every day now. Like others have said, I'm not in love with the packaging. But it's fine.

I have the best luck just using my fingers to apply this. I have tried it with a flat foundation brush, a Real Techniques buffing brush, a MAC stippling brush, a beauty blender and, of course, my fingers only. With each method of brush/sponge I still used my fingers to dot it on my face and then use the brush/sponge to blend it out. But one day I just decided to blend it out with my fingers and it looked the best.

For now I'm giving it 5 lippies because I really like the way this looks on me. I'll update if that changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by RiahCitron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am seriously in love with this foundation. I tried the liquid Colorstay and it was just not for me. It sits on top of my skin and looks so obvious. This foundation works so well with my skin. It blends perfectly and does not at all look obvious. I put my makeup on around 10 AM today, set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder and E.L.F.'s HD powder and it hasn't budged. It was in the 100s today and I even sweat a bit and it stayed on perfectly. I have pretty oily skin and I haven't had to blot my face ALL day. It is a bit expensive, but I only paid $6 dollars for it because Meijer was having a sale and I had a coupon!! I wouldn't mind paying full price for this foundation though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by oliviasMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Something about this foundation just doesn't sit right on my skin. I have dry skin, and yet I feel oily with this on. I don't know if it's just the summer or what, but for right now I'm not digging it. I do like the liquid foundation, I think it lasts longer and stays matte as well, at least on my skin. This is the foundation I use when I run out of my Almay truly lasting foundation, and then my revlon colorstay liquid. Don't think I'll get this again. Also, my Target had one left in my color and I was bent on getting it that day, but the glass was chipped on the bottom part of the jar. I cut my thumb open pretty badly. Overall just a hit and a miss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There was just something off about this foundation on my skin. None of the colours looked right, they are more beige than yellow based and my dry skin after two days was getting drier. I've found love by mixing together equal parts of photo ready with the Revlon primer. Satin finish, very close colour match. The only gripe is it transfers and I'm a nose blower due to allergies. I have yet to met a non transferable foundation to date though that looks good on my super dry, sensitive, red cheeked skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by darthcassie

Best and most natural looking foundation I own! Very matte and lasts all day. Most people gripe about the packaging but I actually like it. It gives a high end feel to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past 6 months I have been wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear and thought I had found my HG foundation. Out of curiosity, I decided to try this new Revlon product because alot of women were raving about it on MUA. So far I am loving this foundation. Its looks even better than ELDW on my face, much more natural with a soft focus (airbrushed) finish. It stood up to the heat and humidity and didn't leave my face oily after a few hours, like lots of other foundations do. It also didn't settle into my fine lines or cause my dry areas to flake, .I bought the shade Warm Golden which is a very good match for my NC30-35 complexion coloring.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by inapathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, my skin is acne prone and extremely oily. I was looking for a creme based foundation to minimize pores and keep oils at bay. My first few times using was OK. It helped minimize pores and kept me oil free all day more than my Almay Clear Complexion foundation ever did; HOWEVER, my once clear skin (i could go to dinner with bf w/out make up!) broke out! I should have known the danger I was in as soon as I smelled that (titanium dioxide?) IDK it smells worse than any makeup I have ever smelled. A Hazardous smell. It lingers for hours, and I feel like I am choking on it! I do no recommend to anyone with sensitive acne prone skin. I rarely write reviews anymore, but I don't want anyone else to be fooled by all these great reviews.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by nrobertshaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this product when I have to have perfectly even coverage. My skin can get very oily around my t-zone and combined with the humid climate of where I live, foundation tends to slip off. This has incredible staying power, lasting around 8 hours for me and covers very well. I didn't experience any kind of breakouts when I used this product, and I did find a perfect shade.

I currently use warm golden, which I apply over Aloe Vera gel with a moist sponge. This shade works very well with my Asian complexion. If you layer too much of this product on though, it looks very heavy and quite obvious that you are wearing a ton of make up. In certain lighting, it can look very artificial. I find it looks very good in natural lighting, but can look caked on sometimes under harsh fluorescent lighting.

Don't apply too much and it'll work well!