September 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews for this new lippy I remained sceptical. But I went to Walgreens today and purchased the Berry Smoothie color. I tend to love these lipstick/balm hybrids. I have to say I loved it. The color was great for my fairer warm skin, its MLBut....much better! Just the right amount of color and very moisturizing. A light plummy sheerish mauvey slightly irridesent deeper pink. Ha Ha! It wears off evenly and leaves a nice stain. The price isn't too bad compared to high end. I will purchase more colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by rosy25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like these. The packaging is adorable and stays closed in my purse all day, just liked the Colorburst lipsticks (and unlike a lot of other lipsticks), but I find the inner silver tube gets a little messy. The texture and pigmentation of the ones I've tried is great. I've picked up Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie and Candy Apple so far. I absolutely love both Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle. Pink Truffle looks really brown in a the tube, but goes on rosy and is a flattering MLBB shade for me. It is very similar to Soft Rose and Rosy Nude of the Colorburst Lipstick line in my opinion. Berry Smoothie is also really nice, it's a sheer berry pink that brightens my face and is easy to wear. Candy Apple is the only one I don't think I'd repurchase. I think it's a bit too bright and warm for me, which I suspected it might be even in the tube. My store was out of Cherry Tart and Red Velvet so I couldn't compare it to the other reds in the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE II: I got the Pink Truffle and it's another hit. A nice nude color that is not too pink, or too brown, or that godawful concealer tint is so vulgar. I really like these butters. My Fig Jam is almost gone and I intend to repurchase as soon as I'm out of it

UPDATE: Ok, I really love this shade. I wore it this evening when I went for drinks and a lot of talk. Even when it "fades" it leaves a gorgeous reddish even stain, natural enough to look like really red, healthy lips. I can't get enough of this.

I bought this in the darkest shade, 030 Fig Jam, and I love it. At first, I was dismayed because it seemed that the only shades available were the ubiquitous, uber-light beige nudes/Barbie pinks, which for me are so yesterday, and which are beginning to get on my nerves. 'Nude' means naked, as in 'your natural lip color w/o makeup.' Women whose natural lip color is that awful concealer beige, had better see a doctor double quick (and for goodness sake, don't take this personally).

Anyhoo, on me Fig Jam is a reddish brown, sheer, but quite pigmented, at the same time. It's glossy w/o being vaseline-goopy, and it stays on a surprisingly long time (I ate and drank, and I still had some color left). If it has any glitter, it does not show on me. There was another color, pink something-or-other, which also caught my attention as it was a nice darkish mauvey brown pink, and which I might also get. The red also looked nice, but I prefer my red lipsticks full coverage and satiny, or matte.

Anyway, I liked this butter very much and I recommend it.

15 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already like Revlon Colorburst lipsticks and the glosses, so imagine that the two had a baby (minus the glitter in a lot of the CB glosses). That's what these feel like, and are the best (and probably only)drugstore equivalent of Clinique Buttershines, albeit more basic colors and less fancy packaging. I like these but I can't say I've noticed any improvement at all in my lip moisture despite wearing almost every day. Still, I guess they're not taking anything away either, which makes them a notch above most lipsticks and tinted balms I've tried. So far I have the MLBB shimmer shade Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, a bright warm pink without shimmer (warm when compared to Strawberry Shortcake); Candy Apple, a warm sheer red without shimmer, Fig Jam, a sheer berry brown tint without shimmer, Sugar Plum, a cool plum without shimmer, and Raspberry Pie, a bright violet pink/fuchsia without shimmer which is the only one that didn't work for me. It had the most pigment out of the ones I tried but was too cool toned and vibrant for my taste. I'm passing up the really light ones like Creamsicle and Creme Brulee as I know they won't show on me or will wash me out entirely. For me half the shades are way too light but I can see them reaching a wide range of others who don't feel this way. I don't notice any scent or taste in these, which is nice, and not all have shimmer which is a nice option when you want color but don't want to glimmer too much, making even the darker shades more wearable for day. These last a few hours maybe, depending on eating/drinking etc. but stay on longer than a gloss. They have a nice shine like a gloss, without the feel of a gloss and wear off evenly. I predict these will have a long healthy life as one of the hottest drugstore offerings in some time. However, I kind of fell out of Lemming Love Land after I got the ones I have so not sure I'll be getting more unless they come out with some really unique shades I absolutely have to have. Lately I find myself reaching for my regular lippies again since I don't really feel these are all that unique when all is said and done. Thus, I knocked my rating down a bit now that the initial newness has worn off quite a bit.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Finally!!! I have found the perfect blend of lipstick, gloss, and balm! I got crème brûlée which is a medium nude with hints of desert rose and goes on sheer of course, like the rest of the lip butters. It contains some fine silver shimmer that is not obvious on the lips but does add to the shine of the product. Revlon lip butters don't glide on as smoothly as the average lip balm (blue nivea comes to mind) but definitely more so than a lip stick.

Overall, these are perfect for someone who wants some moisturizing shine and color without the intensity of a lipstick. Great for daily wear to class, work and chilling with others. Goes with everything as they are sheer and neutral. Give them a shot!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cefrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is it. This is my Holy Grail lip product. These lip butters were well worth the hunt (found them at my local Rite Aid this morning) and they are seriously worth 5 stars. They're worth 100 stars as far as I'm concerned. I picked up Sugar Plum, which is the most perfect, MLBB with ooomph color I could ever have wanted. The formula is superb, color rich and glossy, a very light pleasant scent, no taste, feels fantastic on the lips and lasts a pretty darn long time. I'm just totally in love right now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So after reading tons of great reviews on these and being a complete lip balm junkie I decided I had to find them while they are on sale at Rite Aid. The Rite Aid close to my house NEVER has anything so I went to the one that's one town over and I found the display completely untouched save one tube (which I suspect was one of the colors I wanted!) and I ended up with 4 of these - Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie and Red Velvet. After wearing them all, the only one that I probably wouldn't repurchase is the Creme Brulee. The texture of these are very nice, very smooth and creamy. They're insanely pigmented so you really don't need much and they last a lot longer on the lips than you'd think (4+ hours with eating and drinking). Creme Brulee just sort of mutes my natural lip color a bit and it has a hint of shimmer in it. I only got Creme Brulee because there wasn't a Creamsicle one in the display and I thought it'd be a suitable alternative. Pink Truffle is the type of color that I normally wear, what would usually be considered a MLBB color. It's mauve but it's a really lovely mauve, less brown than rosy and has some slight shimmer as well. Berry Smoothie is the color that I could really see everyone loving. It's a gorgeous pinky shade that has pink and purple shimmers in it. My favorite of the bunch is Red Velvet which goes on a bit lighter than it looks in the tube and is just really, really gorgeous. Perfect for fall, absolutely lovely and the only one of the bunch I got without any shimmer to it. For the amount of product you get, I doubt I'd buy these at full price. These don't seem to make my lips feel any different after it wears off, except maybe a little drier which is the opposite of the intended effect. They're really not very moisturizing for something that bills its self as a lip butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Here's my opinion on the five I bought, and I uploaded some lip swatches with shade names.

None of these five have shimmer.

1. Strawberry Shortcake: A pink that's neither too light or too dark. It goes on sheer, but I like to add more for extra color.

2. Raspberry Pie: This shade is sort of a sheer purple raspberry. Two coats gives a pop of color. This shade now reminds me of something YSL or Dior would release.

3. Lollipop: Creamy fuchsia. The color is also buildable.

4. Candy Apple: A warm toned red.

5. Red Velvet: The darkest and most pigmented, besides Fig Jam. It's a cranberry shade.

I bought three more shades before the sale ended.
1. Cherry Tart: A cool toned cherry popsicle red. It also has subtle shimmer and a slight pink tint on my lips. This is my favorite.

2. Berry Smoothie: It's a mauve berry, and it also has shimmer. You cannot feel the shimmer and it's smooth.

3. Sweet Tart: A more bright bubblegum pink than Strawberry Shortcake. It's also a good pigmented shade. This one has no shimmer.

Update: These are permanent, but Revlon told me on Facebook that they are due on shelves in January 2012. They have the right amount of shine, and they hug your lips but don't slip around your lip line or wear off quickly. I wouldn't leave them in your purse or car during really warm weather. I'm sure it will melt because it's a lip butter in a stick form. Emma Stone is the new face of Revlon and she's wearing Candy Apple in the November issue of Vogue. In the article I found it stated that there will be 20 shades available and the set retail price is $7.49.

After using these for some weeks and comparing them to several brands, I've formed a more solid opinion. They are not a lip balm. There seems to be some confusion because people are assuming "lip butter" means a lip treatment or balm with sheer color. They are not like Maybelline Baby Lips, or much similar to Clinique Butter Shine lipsticks. To me they are a lot like Dior Addict High Shine lipsticks in both shade range and texture. Also, not all shades are created the same way. Some are very sheer while others are pigmented. I exfoliate my lips daily, but I have noticed they keep my lips in top condition all day. I am a Makeup Artist, and because of their quality in the drugstore I gave them a 5 rating.
Keep in mind that most women are not members of this site and so many have gone back to buy more. Based on the feedback Revlon is getting about these, I'm sure they are going to be bestsellers. Cherry Tart has been my every day lip color.

22 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was searching for these like crazy and finally found them at Rite Aid (feeling very lucky). I am not a lipstick person in general, no matter how hard I try and hoped these would be similar to the formula of Clinique's Almost Lipstick, which I really like, and they kind of are.

I got four colors: Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Red Velvet and Cupcake.
I have fairly pigmented lips, but here's how they are on me:
Sugar Frosting - the neutral pink I've been dreaming of. Very sheer, barely any color at all, leans to the cool side, tiny hint of lavender. No frost.
Creme Brulee: very pretty nude, sheer, color of light brown sugar with a slight touch of rose
Cupcake - baby pink, warm, sheer, with no frost.
Red Velvet - rich, buildable dark red with a nice shine.

These have an excellent texture without being greasy or sticky. Nice sheer finish with just enough sheen. Lasts really well for a "balm", although of course reapplication is needed after eating. Not much of a discernible taste to this except a slight sweetness, and no smell that I noticed. So pretty on, very smooth, with a weightless feel; Revlon got everything right. Wears off "clean", no lines or gloppiness.
Nice packaging as well. Revlon's signature quilt pattern but in semi-transparent shades of each lipstick.
There are a lot of great color options in this line and the price is reasonable. I am hoping these will be around forever.

A note, and why I gave them 4 instead of 5: if you are looking for a balm, go with the Neutrogena Revitalizing Tinted Lip Balm. Those are a lot creamier, have good pigmentation, and really sink in to moisturize well (Petal Glow is my HG lip product). These butters are more like sheer lipsticks, which are great, if that is what you are looking for - but they are not as moisturizing as a balm.

(I just realized this is my 160th review. Wow.)

19 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES:

cotton candy (medium pink)
cupcake (lilac)
strawberry shortcake (bubble gum pink)
sweet tart (hot pink)
tutti frutti (red-orange)

PROS

- creamy
- pigmented
- shade selection

CONS

- amount of product
- drying
- staying power

Comments: These have a very thick, creamy consistency. It offers the shine of a gloss and the feel of a balm. They're quite pigmented and there's a lot of shades available! Also, these work very well with lip gloss on top. It makes the color stand out more, while greatly increasing wear time and moisture.

Will repurchase.