October 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK so here are my initial impressions! First off, this is a fantastic foundation! To me, this foundation is if MUFE HD and Mat Velvet had a baby, and then it was adopted by MAC. I'm serious! It has a nice medium texture - not watery like MUFE HD and not thick like MUFE MV or MAC Studio Sculpt. When it dries it feels light and not at all sticky feeling (I'm looking at you, Studio Sculpt!). The finish is perfect for me. Definitely not matte as there is some light reflecting properties going on, but not as reflective as MUFE HD or Studio Sculpt. I also noticed some oil control properties which I wasn't expecting, so that was a nice suprise too - though I'm pretty sure the oil control is what really makes it a Longwear and it definitely lives up to its name! I'm happy to have found a non-matte, oil-controling, longwearing foundaiton. I will update if things change as I wear this as my new daily foundation.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

When I saw the glowing reviews on this foundation, I knew I had to try it. But I also knew that it was probably not gonna be as nice as everyone says it is. I just thought people were getting excited because this is a new foundation. Anyways, it's pretty pricy. I paid 40 Canadian dollars for the 30 ml. And I'm used to paying around the same amount but getting a lot more product for it! (mufe f&b 50 ml, Mac f&b 120ml etc...)
However, this foundation actually beats my current hg mufe f&b out of the water. It provides a medium coverage but blends like a dream, it finishes to a nice matte, satin finish and literally makes my skin look FLAWLESS and my skin is anything but flawless. (I have pretty good skin but minor imperfections like hyperpigmentation and blotchiness in random spots)
Like with most foundation, a little goes a long way, I use my fingers to just beat it into my skin and the result is perfect.
I am also really impressed with how long this stays matte/ satin. I have dry skin but have mega oily t zone (esp in between my brows) and this is holding up very well. The weather in Toronto has been pretty hot for September so it's been a true test to how well this foundation performs.
Anyways, get a sample and try it u won't regret it.

EDIT:
Ok now this is even better than I thought it was when I first got it. I just came back from a trip to Barcelona (I live in Toronto) and took this foundation with me. First off, the 12 hour flight (including a 3 hour layover) normally dries my skin out and I end up looking really hideous by the end of the plane ride. THIS FOUNDATION HELD UP AND LOOKED LIKE I HAD PERFECT SKIN THROUGH A 12 HOUR PLANE RIDE. Even a flight attendant leaned in midway through the plane ride and said "u have beautiful skin". WOW i couldnt believe it how well this foundation performed. Once I was in barcelona, it was a little hot and humid but this foundation did not melt off, my sweaty skin did not eat away at it, nor did i get super oily on my t zone (and i normally get SUPER oily on my tzones on hot and humid days). I walked around the city pretty from my morning till night and went out at night time and i didnt need to reapply my foundation or concealer anywhere. I am really really impressed and pleased with how this foundation looks and PERFORMS. I have had a few foundations close to being HG but this one is a true HG!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't wait to get back to the store to purchase a full sized bottle of this! My gosh, I can't believe that I have FINALLY found a liquid foundation that (a) makes my skin look natural, (b) makes it look better than not wearing foundation, (c) doesn't settle into weird little whitish looking dots on my nose and (d) feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

I purchased the Pro Longwear Concealer this morning and the MA gave me a very generous sample of this foundation in NW20. I have terrible trouble getting foundation to look good in the very area I need it most - my nose. I have what is to me a very noticeable broken capillary on the tip of my nose, with 2 paler friends to keep it company. Any liquid foundation I've tried always settles into "dots" on my nose, calling attention to the area and screaming "there's makeup here to cover something but it isn't exactly working, is it?" I've used primers, pore fillers, brushes, sponges, fingers...I can never get a reliable result so I've taken to using mineral powder foundations as they've given the best results to date. But I think Pro Longwear Foundation is going to push every other foundation off my shelf. I just wish I'd found it before spending money on Clarins Everlasting Foundation and Too Faced's new powder foundation (Amazing Skin or something like that).

Update: I've been wearing this for several days now (and purchased the full sized bottle last night) and I am delighted with the results. This foundation applies very easily, something I haven't experienced with other liquid foundations (which took me a lot of time and work to get looking right). My skin doesn't feel like it's got a heavy, oily product on the surface and the overall effect is very natural - "my skin but better", rather than looking like I'm wearing a full face of foundation. And at the end of the day - long days with a lot of running around and no time to touch up - my face still looks fresh and the foundation is still there doing its job. My nose and forehead could maybe do with a touch up by 3 or 4 pm and if I had the time, I might do this but I rarely have the time and still my face looks good. I am just thrilled with this product and will use it faithfully until something better comes along, if that is possible.

20 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!!!! I love this foundation!! Its a bit like Double wear, but with a better range of colors. And it doesn't settle into fine lines like DW does. If anything, my face has a 'sheen' to it. It really does last all day too. I bought it at the weekend, but decided to review it after a day at work, as I don't have any time to do anything to my face during the day, and I have to say....I look the same as when I left the house this morning....well apart from having no lippy left, lol. Love it!

I found that you only need a small amount of foundation....this stuff is more like full cover! Comes with a pump too, so no need to buy one :-)

Definately my HG now. MAC....can't believe it took you this long!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at my local Macy's MAC counter. I use MAC Studio Fix Powder in C7 and MSFN in Deep, both are powders, but sometimes I want to be a little more "made up" or cover a blemish. I tried and loved Studio Fix liquid, but I'm one of the people that is in between NC45 and NC50. However, NC50 in ProLongWear seems to be an excellent match.

Pros: I love that the bottle comes with a built in pump; it applies a little like Revlon Colorstay, but it is thicker and not as matte; it covers but is not heavy and the coverage is buildable; I applied at 9AM and only had to touch up once around 6PM and only because I wanted to. It removes easily and felt lightweight on my skin.

Cons: I don't have any right now. I've only used once. I plan to update my review after a few more uses.

9/23: Ok. I've used the Pro longwear a few more times and it's ok. the more I use it the more it reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. I cant see paying 29.50 for what I can get for 8.99 plus I have a perfect color match in CS sooooo.....decison made. I'm sticking with CS

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely one of my favorites! Most MAC foundations I do not like except for Studio Fix powder. Pro Longwear is easily now one of my favorite foundations. It meets almost every single trait of a good foundation I have for my skin: long-wearing, light to medium coverage (I hate full coverage), non-oily, doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask, doesn't break me out (I do use an oil-based makeup remover every night though), doesn't settle into lines & pores, and it also actually controls my oil somewhat! I can apply with my fingers, but I have found it's best to use a brush; I use my e.l.f. Studio Powder brush to stipple & blend perfectly.

My only one gripe is the color selection; NC25 is good but is slightly light, but NC30 is too orange. I would love to see this foundation formulated in more colors, especially the Cs because those are best for my Asian skintone (I use C30 in Studio Fix). I think if that happened, it would seriously be the perfect foundation for normal to oily skin. I recommend people at least give this foundation a try, it might surprise you.

EDIT: As much as this foundation has good things about it, the color choices are limited in comparison to MAC's other foundations. NC25 was the best color, but still wasn't what I was looking for exactly. I've since moved to trying Dior foundations in 021 Linen, which is a very good match for my skin tone. Still recommend giving MAC Pro Longwear a try though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by missm88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well, I hate to be the one to spoil all the great reviews... BUT
it is breaking me out after three days of wear. I noticed when I washed my face after day 1, that I still had traces of foundation on my face. So, I used jojoba oil to help dissolve it, and re-washed. Note, I use jojoba oil several times a week as a nighttime moisturizer, so I know that didn't cause the breakout.

What I DO love about this foundation - the pump is EXCELLENT. dispenses the perfect amount of product and is clean. I love the color - true to my NC20. I love the blendability and the staying power. I do get oily after several hours (9+) but that is pretty normal for me.

I will keep this as an occasional use foundation, when I need a little more coverage than MAC F&B, or if I'm going out. Otherwise, I probably won't repurchase.

LOVE the concealer however...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. My face looks flawless. Love the pump!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so not a MAC girl, but I do love this product.
I went to the MAC store and a sales girl applied it to my face, set it with powder and it looked amazing. So smooth and not cakey or anything like that.
After that I ran around town all day and didn't have much time to put on new makeup before going out that night. What can I say? It stayed put like crazy. I didn't even have to blot which I always have to usually. It's amazing.
Unfortunately the shade is a tad bit too light for me, but I give it one more month of no sun and my skin will be just like that.
I appreciate the pump very much, although I think it feels and looks a bit cheap.
I'm also not crazy about the smell of the foundation and the price is quite high here in Europe.
But I can deal with those things to get a great result on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by RhondaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE the pump, it's like the Liquid mineralized foundation (I think thats what it was?)
Loyal to MAC Full coverage foundation until about a year ago and my skin started getting really oily. NW25. Switched to RCS, good coverage but took too long to dry. Then I switched to ELDW. Like it a lot except not crazy about the color choice....Tawny which is 3w I think, doesn't turn orange, but shows pores light crazy. I am always the coloring that is in between shades offered, so I either have to mix or live with it.
This is only my second day but Longwear is a really good foundation. FeeIs a little tacky until I set it with a tiny, tiny, bit of powder, I even sit in front of a fan to speed up the drying process. I also purchased the concealer as well. Concealer in NW25 and foundation in NC30. I felt like the coloring was very different from previous mac colors. I have a ton of skin issues to cover and thorough testing in the store is not feasible. I think the NC30 may be a titch too dark, but I am always in between and going lighter generally won't give the coverage I need.
I live with 3 men and they are not a good judge, so I'll run by the mac store tomorrow after work & see what they think.

I REALLY like it so far. Looks dewy not oily. Our weather is starting to change to fall here, but Tuesday - Wednesday back up into the 90s. I am going to a concert Tuesday night and wont be able to fresh'n up prior to so that will be a good day to judge. I'll keep you posted.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No