Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 11/23/2010 6:24:00 PM

I have a combination skin with flaky cheeks and chins, but oily noses. Initially I didn't know what to do with my face. After i saw clarisonic mia on youtube, i tried it.

Initially, I broke out and doubted out the brush, and i changed several types of cleansers. Finally, after 2 months, I'm using cetaphil for oilywith the brush and my skin is wonderful and glowy =)

on 11/22/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This brush is amazing!. I'm 26 and have been batting ance for 6 years. I love how the MIA cleans and exfoliates my skin. The MIA is so effective that it prepares my skin to absorb my lotions and creams. I use benzoyl peroxide all over to treat acne. Since I have been using the mia, I have noticed that my acne is almost completely gone! I started out with the sensitive brush for 3 weeks and graduated to the normal brush, which works better for my really oily skin. I have been using it for a little over 4 weeks now and I have to say this product is worth every penny! It's not an over night solution and you do have to commit to using it every day but I promise you will see results. I recommend this product to all my friends and family and I've even got.my husband using it.

on 11/21/2010 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Been using the Mia for one month, my 12yr old daughter and I love it ,we each have our own brush attachments(sensitive brush).for me it has made my face clearer,smoother,with very little product used,I use Dior foaming cleanser with it ..for my daughter it has done the same&also clears breakouts quicker,she uses clean&clear advantage kit .so IMO it's worth the investment.

on 11/16/2010 9:38:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product and I did feel that it gave a deep cleaning to my skin, however it didnt do much in clearing my skin. It may be that I am not using the right cleanser with it, but overall I find it redundant. The dermatologist prescribed me a bunch of other things and said not to use th eClarisonic as it collects bacteria on the brush head so I am returning it tomorrow.

on 11/11/2010 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and have struggled with finding products and methods to cleanse, tone, moisturize, etc. When the Clarisonic Mia was offered as a QVC TSV in September, I took the plunge. So many people have had such good things to say about this product--exfoliates without stripping, end to flakiness, improved texture. In the first week of use, my skin was very soft and previous break outs healed more quickly. But it was all downhill from there. I began to develop clusters of small, superficial pockets of pus (eeww) that would not dry out using the normal BP or SA spot treatments. When they did dry out, the spots turned into angry red scabs. My acne is normally concentrated on my chin and jaw line but these clusters formed everywhere! Middle of the cheek! Lip area! Eyebrows?! I'd been advised that this was part of the normal purging process but I couldn't continue use--especially because the initial benefits wore off. No more softness, increased redness and flakiness that would not subside. I recommend that anyone interested in using the Clarisonic Mia or other products purchase from a store with a generous return policy. There's no reason to be stuck with $150 gadget that ruins your skin. On the other side, if this works for you, that's great. I just couldn't suffer through.
_____________________________________________
Edit: Re-purchased (I'm not a rational shopper, it's a problem) and swapped with the delicate brush head. I now use occasionally with decent results.

on 11/7/2010 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have extremely sensitive skin with subtype 2 rosacea that breaks out easily and frequently. I'm very surprised that Clarisonic recommends this to those with rosacea because it irritates my skin tremendously. It wasn't so bad the first time I used it. My skin felt a tad smoother, but that was it. From then on, I felt like it was ripping my skin apart (and this was with the delicate brush head with very little pressure!) every time I used it. I happily returned mine. If you have sensitive skin like mine, I would certainly not recommend this to you. My skin is much happier with chemical exfoliants like BHA (salicylic acids) or AHA. If it wasn't for the fact that Clarisonic actually recommends this to sensitive-skinned individuals, I would give it a neutral 3 lippy rating, but I'm downgrading it to a 2 for that very reason.

on 11/7/2010 4:35:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product... I know, I know you've heard this before but I can honestly tell you it's no ordinary brush. It's like a magic wand brush! I bought two Mia's one for my sister and one for myself and I absoultely love it. After using it, my skin was super smooth, creaseless and and felt so PURE and clean. I have used face brushes before from Sephora but it does not come close to the Clarisonic. I use my Mia after I put on my creme de la mer and it absorbs it so well! I end up using less of it because of the Mia.

on 11/4/2010 1:41:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora, and I was lookingh for something to boost my skincare routine. Well, I found it! This feels great on my skin, makes my pores almost invisible, very easy to travel with...PERFECT!

on 11/3/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for about 6 months and I love the results. I have dry and sensitive skin which would flake hours after I exfoliated before I got the MIA. Now I'm able to keep it under control and I've gotten to the point where I don't have to use it in the mornings and in the afternoons. My skin feels super clean and fresh after I use it and I feel like it's doing something for my skin - that's the best part. You can see the results right away. It's also decreased the size of my pores and evened out my skin tone.

on 10/24/2010 5:19:00 PM

While I definitely noticed a difference in how this was cleaning my skin, I found it a bit too harsh for my skin type (dry and moderately sensitive). I was using the sensitive brush head but it still felt a little harsh. I ended up selling this because I didn't think I would use it that much.

While their was a difference, I didn't find it that significant. Definitely not significant enough to justify the price.

I probably would have kept this if it wasn't so expensive. In my opinion, it is just too much money for what it is. If you can afford it and you have more oily skin that isn't sensitive, I might recommend it. But I just didn't think it was worth the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools