October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by killahshortiee89

The entire unit is waterproof, easy to use and clean. The charger is magnetic but it does slip off easily. I use this once a day on my face with my neutrogena microclear cleanser. The first time I used it I was impressed to see all the dirt from my face on the brush. The first couple of days I thought my face was getting lighter in complexion, cleaner and the mild acne I had was diminishing. HA! Now my cheeks completely broke out. My acne is much worse than before. I'm still using this product and I sanitize the brush before every use. I'm hoping it will clear up with continued use. I'm giving this 2 more weeks and maybe I too will sell it or give it away. Mixed review altogether about this product. Will update.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am honestly glad this product works for the majority of people, but unfortunately it was a nightmare for me.

-Extremely (!!!) drying to my skin, no matter how gentle I was, even after only one use.
-Actually led to more pimples/did not clear anything.

This product is SO expensive and did not work for me at all, I am extremely disappointed. I would not repurchase this product. I think I'm gonna sell it on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my facebrush! I broke out a little when I first began using it, but once I found the right combination of cleanser/toner/moisturizer it's awesome! It removes so much more makeup than I was taking off my face before and leaves my skin nice and soft. The charge lasts quite a while and its small enough to come along on weekend trips. Plus, it makes washing my face a little more fun and consistent since it is timed. Definitely recommend this to anyone who will listen!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kimmysoprano

I purchased this product after my sister raved about it. I was anxious about shelling out the money but now am so glad I did! My skin has never looked or felt better. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by diorcheriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointed. I was soooo excited when I received this as a gift, thinking that I'd get great skin by the time school started. NO. My skin is red, raw, and stings like no other. The places where its not look good, but where it is is totally painful. I've been using it for over a week. If I see better results, I'll update.

UPDATE: I stopped using this for 2 days so that the red, roughness will go away, then started again. My skin did end up soft and my pores seemed tighter, therefore I am going to step up the rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Updated 10/18/10:
I had such a glowing review for this product only a few months ago. Unfortunately it's really not what it's cracked up to be from my personal ongoing experience w/the Mia, sigh:( I'm actually really bummed. I don't know what happened but for the past couple of months I started developing even MORE bumps and acne! Yes, this update is a bit past due.

I even went from using it twice a day to once. Then went down to every other day. Then now down to 2 times a week. I've been using very little pressure on my face and my brush head is a sensitive one. Yes my skin does look a tad radiant; but what good is that when you're covered w/acne. Like some of the other reviews I've read, others w/ sensitive skin seem to have the same reaction I'm having. Time to lay this brush to rest for good cuz it's only aggravating my adult acne even more so.

Original review 07/17/10:
Been on the fence for quite some time about shelling out the dough; but am I glad I finally caved in! My skin has been breaking out for the past year; I've started experiencing major hormonal breakouts esp in the chin area and I have tried everything: facials, peels, prescribed topicals, various acne txs, aloe leaf. I even tried the Pretika (which is the dup version of the Clarisonic). The Pretika made my skin even worse, I had more bumps and breakouts. So push finally came to shove and I decided to give the Mia a try. I have super sensitive acne prone skin. The Mia has done wonders to drastically improve the condition of my skin! This goes to show that for me anyway the Pretika is not of the same caliber as a Clarisonic! My skin is smoother, post acne fading, hyperpigmentation fading, no new breakouts! I have been using the Mia for 2 weeks now 2x a day. I am amazed at the quick turnover in my skin's condition.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I have been using this for almost a month, so I now feel able to comment. This product is awesome! My pores look smaller and my skin is plumper. I have some old acne scars and even they are starting to look better. My skin is so much happier and so am I! I started using it every other day as I do have sensitive skin. I had some very small break outs at first, but they were in areas that were looking kind of dry and clogged. After a week I increased use to every day and now use twice. I use it on my decollete as well as it is my most sun damaged area. My skin looks SO much better! I continued using all my regular products and I feel like my routine really works like it is supposed to. My make up glides on more easily and looks fresher. I would recommend this to anyone. It is worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by dancerella88

I was debating between the full size and the MIA. If you have bacne/bodily acne of any kind go with the FULL size, it should be well worth your $$$.

Back to the MIA.

PROS:
- Removes residual face makeup like a pro
- Makes your cleanser go that extra mile, you can use less with more noticeable results
- Can last a week with twice daily usage on a single charge (24 hrs)

CONS:
- Really isn't worth the buy if you haven't found the right CLEANSER to go with it. This is extremely important or else you've just spent 150+ dollars to vibrate your face.

I have combination skin, oily t-zone/forehead area and dry patches on my lower cheeks. I always have some sort of a breakout but no cystic acne or anything that requires medical attention. The cleanser that I use is Neutrogena Advanced Skin Therapy.

- and of course, the price is a downer.

I've been using MIA for a few months now and have not seen dramatic improvement in my skin. The only way to make a product like this worth the money, is to combine your new skin care routine with a better lifestyle. I know you know this already, but drink a lot of water, cut out excess sugar and get to bed early! :)

good luck

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ericaspinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started out using this once a day with Cetaphil cleanser but it irritated my skin right from the start, so I cut back to every second day. After a week, my skin looks and feels raw, with dry, itchy rough patches :(

I didn't have great skin to start with (acne, bumpy texture, large pores etc.) but I've never considered myself to have sensitive skin. Quite the opposite, in fact. I also took care not to push the brush on my skin too hard and washed the brush with antibacterial soap before every use.

Refusing to give up, I invested in a delicate brush head (it originally came with a sensitive head) and a more gentle cleanser (Spectro jel). I will update after I give my skin a chance to heal completely and give the Clarisonic a second try.

*update*9/2/2010*Overall Rating bumped up from 1 to 3

It took a while to give the Mia another fair shake, partly due to the damage it caused the first time but admittedly, mostly due to my ongoing search for a skin routine that worked for me. Switching to a gentler cleanser (Spectro jel) and the delicate brush head was definitely a good move. It exfoliates my skin very well and the sonic action seems to bring the gunk in my pores to the surface, making extraction a breeze.

I don't know about using this daily for extended periods of time, though. No matter how much care I take in not pressing this against my skin too hard, using it for more than 3-4 weeks on a daily basis (once a day) seems to "thin" my skin out too much. Over-exfoliating could result in stripped, vulnerable skin with a vinyl-like, ruddy appearance. The skin needs a certain amount of "dead" layers to grab onto moisture and the natural oil your skin produces, as well as protecting against the elements.

So now, I'm in the midst of finding the right routine of using the Mia that would prevent over-stripping. It has improved the overall condition of my skin but I'm not sure if it does much of a better job than a good exfoliator; enough for it to be worth the price, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

LADIES YOU CAN BELIEVE THE HYPE! this little thing is amazing. I had been eyeing the full sized for many years, i just could not justify the price tag. I got mine from QVC and honestly has been one of the best purchases of my MUA career!
I have been using it 2x/day for about 3-4 months. I swear the first time i used it i saw smaller looking pores. I no longer am wasting my money on pore refiners, primers and brightening creams. I have gone to lighter weight foundations or tinted moisturizers.
My sister also purchased one the same day, She has very sensitive skin and horrible acne and is very oily. Now the mia hasn't really fixed her acne issue, but her skin aside from that looks fabulous! Her pores also appear smaller and she is no longer caking on the foundation. She is even brave enough now to skip foundation and go in public, which is huge change for her. continued >>