Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was a bit nervous before purchasing this product. Aside from the outrageous price tag, I wondered if it would be too much for my delicate skin. It wasn't. I use it once a day, sometimes skipping a day. It leaves my skin feeling completely smooth and clean. My husband also noticed an improvement, without knowing what I was doing differently in my routine.
Of course, I think it is too expensive, but with the improvements I have seen, I don't regret buying it. The only thing I would enjoy would be some sort of holder/base. I know the full-sized Clarisonic has a base, but I wouldn't want anything larger than this. I'm just never really sure where to place this. I already mistakenly put it on the rack in my shower, which left a few small rust marks I cannot remove.
Overall, I would recommend this to just about anybody.

on 9/13/2010 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using the Mia for 3 days and saw a difference right away! I have sensitive combination/oily skin. I noticed a smoothness, even texture and radiance after my first use. Now, 3 days later I am still seeing even more improvement. My skin tone is more even and the minor redness around my nose has gone down. I did not purge although blackheads seem more willing to come out now (like the Clarisonic wiggles them loose...disgusting). I think this is from the vibration or the ultrasonic effect as I have never gotten this effect from any other product or tool.

I am using the regular brush although I might switch to the softer one since I have pretty sensitive skin but the regular one didn't bother me at all. I used the cleanser that came with it but just use it as a travel cleanser now because of its size. I use Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel and when I used toner afterward the cotton ball came off completely clean so I switched to just spraying some rosewater instead of continuing with anything harsher since my face is cleaner than ever after using the Mia.

I definitely prefer the smaller one since you can throw it in your gym or overnight bag or in your purse.

UPDATE: It's been 1 month since I started using the Mia and it has done wonders for my skin. My skin is brighter, more even-toned and has less bumps and breakouts (I only had two bumps on my chin around that time of the month when my skin usually stages a mutiny anyway). Although it isn't advertised as having an exfoliating effect, every time I use it, the surface of my skin feels entirely smooth. I didn't even know I had uneven skin until a sales clerk mentioned that exfoliating (something I never did) would make my foundation look better. Now my makeup looks flawless and my nightly moisturizer gets absorbed much more easily. I noticed the difference but it wasn't until my mother's best friend said "What have done with your skin?! It just glows! Do people comment that your skin looks a lot better than other girls your age?" I thought to myself, "well no, but it's only been a month!" If you can afford it or find a great deal on it, I highly recommend it.

UPDATE: Only complaint: the battery life and charging time. I still wouldn't want the regular Clarisonic because of the extra weight and because it beeps every 20 seconds. Nonetheless, I feel like most people use it for more than 2 minutes total a day and at that rate it needs to be charged more often than every 2 weeks and it takes FOREVER for this thing to be charged. I leave it overnight and it still isn't totally charged sometimes which I find totally annoying for a product that you are supposed to use in the morning and in the evening. If they would fix the battery life and the charging time the Mia would be pretty much perfect.

on 9/9/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought it due to all the positive comments all over the net, well mostly positive.. I was a bit hesitant, since it costs $165 bucks?! I got mine from Sephora, and I used it immediately after I bought it. My skin felt super soft after the first use, I was really amazed because of how soft it felt. I have never felt this type of softness on my face for the longest time. I think it does help fade acne scars, but I am unsure. This will be like my 4th to 5th day using it, so I will probably update after a month. I haven't broken out like crazy or what not ever since, but yes.. it's costly. I think it's a better option as compared to the original, since it's smaller and does the same job cleaning out pores; however, there is only ONE speed option and battery life is 10 minutes less than the original. The charger is also different, but I think it's worth it and a better option for someone who is considering it. I mean you could always return it, if it doesn't work for you. It is worth a try.

on 9/7/2010 10:25:00 PM

Not only would I buy this product again but I DID!!

I've always had acne issues, did 2 rounds of Accutane in my early 20's ( I am now in my early 30's). My skin is acting up and I can't get in to see my dermatologist until Nov!! I purchased this after my best friend urged me to (she also has the same issues as I do).

Within the first week I fell in love!!!!! Blackheads are brought to the surface and is easier to pop and my skin is just smooth and my make up looks so much better!

Within 2 weeks of my initial purchase I had to go on vacation to Korea and i took this with me and ended up losing it, of course I was devastated as I love this product. Within my return, I promptly repurchased this and am still loving it!

i got the clarisonic mia because of all the hype. personally, i hated it and ended up returning it. i have super sensitive skin (perhaps this is the problem?), but it broke me out every time i used it. at first i thought it was just a phase, and i was breaking out because "all my impurities are surfacing". but i gave it a good 3 weeks, and i was still breaking out like crazy! even the sensitive brush head was too harsh for my skin. i know many have found this device to be really helpful in clearing their skin, but for me, it did not work at all. it's such a shame because i really wanted to like the clarisonic.

on 9/3/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The brush, I believe, is kind of a rip-off. Yeah, I know if you juxtapose it to a spa treatment, you're getting your money's worth but in a spa treatment, you get that relaxing atmosphere whereas the clarisonic gives you a minute and then it shuts off. that is not a true spa treatment. so that is not a valid argument for the clarisonic. however, with price out of the way, i would say that this brush works very well in bringing your inner glow to the surface. Literally. As well as Figuratively. The clarisonic cleanser it comes with is crap, don't use that. Use the cleanser of your choice. Its supposed to oscillate 300 times a second or something, which is very appealing. the problem is, is the brush head. it gets really drab and the bristles are not as soft after the 2nd or 3rd use. It is not good for your wallet firstly for forking over the 149 dollars for this brush, and then another 25 dollars every 2 months to get a new brush head. There are more important things in life to spend money on. Lmfao. Its a nice luxury product to own but personally, i would not buy it again if it were to suddenly break.

on 8/31/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I initially purchased the Pretika Sonic Dermabrasion brush and found that the normal brush head that it comes with was too hard and harsh for my skin. I really wanted to like it but my skin seemed really dry and stripped after using it once a day. I ended up giving it to my husband and he loves it because it gets between the thick hair in his mustache and goatee. Enter the Clarisonic Mia, which felt much more durable and well made. I loved the texture of the brush right off the bat. It came with a sensitive brush but I ordered the normal brush replacements, so I can work my way up. My skin is slightly sensitive but I have experienced none of the dryness I had with the Pretika. My skin literally feels soft and glows from within. I use the brush twice a day with avalon organics vitamin c face wash (why use regular wash and allow chemicals to soak into my skin) and my skin has never looked better! I hesitated to make the investment on this brush, which is why I orginally purchased the Pretika. But I will say that my money was well spent and I will never be without this brush. It is worth your hard earned cash!

on 8/28/2010 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought my clarisonic right after I got off a cruise ship. I usually never break out BUT for somereason, I guess the weather change made my skin go nuts. I had about 20 cystic bumps (all size ranges) on my face (mostly on my jawline). Concealer couldnt help me...I just wanted to hide under a rock. After I got home, I started using the clarisonic along with the philosophy exfoliating cleanser. After about a month and a half of using it about 4-5 times a week the bumps started going away. I usually get scarring from bumps after I have a break out. These are fading unusually faster than they usually do. I was a bit skeptical about shelling out so much money for one but it was very worth it. I need to buy a new brush head and I'll probably purchase the normal one. It does come with one for sensitive skin but I feel like it's a bit too gentle for my skin. I have really oily skin and I havent noticed a change with that but it give me such a deep cleaning. I remember one time I washed my makeup off with a scrubbing cleanser and I thought I took it all off and then I went back over my face with the clarisonic and I was shocked at how much came off on the brush head. This is a much have IMO...its worth the price :)

on 8/28/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love my MIA - this is a miracle tool. It's great for your skin because it gently exfoliates the dead cells off right away which leave me smooth and glowing. And never have a feeling that I haven't washed my face enough; this CLEANS your face. It defintlely is a bit pricey and the replacement heads are up there too but it's worth it. I've gone a couple of times not using the MIA and there''s an immediate difference in my skin. I'll be using this forever

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. It is small and fits perfectly in my hand, and it's also great to travel with. I use this 1x nightly after I remove my makeup with my DHC oil cleanser. I also use it after I do a clay face mask, to make sure I'm removing every particle of clay from my pores.

My Clarisonic Mia makes my skin feels SO smooth!

My skin is easily irritated, prone to clogged pores and redness/rosacea. To be safe, I bought the Delicate brush head (light blue) separately and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all! For sensitive-skin girls, I highly recommend trying the Clarisonic Mia with the Delicate brush head.

My skin is also sensitive to foaming cleansers so I tend to use non-foaming gel or milk cleansers, and the only downside is that I end up using quite a liberal amount of product each time.

The Clarisonic Mia is REALLY expensive. I've already spent about $200 CDN for the device, and each month I'm going to have to pay more for cleansers since I'm using a bit more, plus every few months I will need to spend another $30 for the replacement brush head. To me, it's worth it, because I've battled bad skin for the past 10 years but I feel as though continued use with the Mia will dramatically improve my skin and reduce my dependency on coverage from foundation and concealer. I'm hoping continued use with the Mia will help clean and reduce the size of my pores as well as minimize the appearance of fine lines.

I've actually tried the full-size Clarisonic before, and it was too big and I couldn't figure out the settings anyway, so I never used them. I think the Mia is perfect and I definitely recommend to anyone!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools