September 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by tessolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this looked like it came in cute packaging and my sister told me it worked well so i tried it. it has a nice color and a lot or bronzer in the box. it doesnt blend that well and can look potentially fake if your not careful. kind of expensive too. but its the best bronzer i've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Laetitya

I am a sucker for cute packaging, so Hoola obviously caught my eye. I usually use NARS bronzer, but thought I would give this a try. It is actually the perfect, non blotchy, non dirty bronzer for an NC25 skin tone. Used with a highlighter, like High Beam, it is the perfect fresh summer face!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Lifeofaladybug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a matte bronzer, which led me to Hoola. I do like the lack of sparkle, but this doesn't work well for my brown skin (MAC NC45).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The lack of sparkle attracted me to this product, plus I'm a huge fan of the BeneFit line of products. I have to say, I was disappointed. This just makes my face look dirty, especially if I've just moisturized my face. It basically sticks to the moisturizer in dirty brown streaks. Not quite what I was hoping for in a bronzer. I also don't really like the packaging as I use a large powder brush for my bronzer & it can't get into this little box very well.

Update: After putting this in the cupboard for about a year, I decided to try it again & miraculously seem to like it now. I'm not sure if it is blending better because it's summer & I have a bit of natural color, but it now seems to be giving me the subtle, non-shimmery glow that I was hoping for. I actually went & bought another one too. As such, I've added a bunch of lippies. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I love the idea, a matte, truly brown bronzer. However, if I just look at the stuff I feel the moisture being sucked out of my skin! I really expected tumbleweeds to pop out of the box each time i gave this yet another go (for the price, yep, hope does spring eternal).

It looks dry and dusty in the packaging and it feels that way on me. I have very, very dry skin, but even after using moisturizer, sunscreen, letting all of that dry completely, I find this to still be drying and streaky. I use only a large kabuki style brush and a very light hand. At times (yes as i said,I have tried it over and over due to the price I paid, figured worth giving it another go!), I think "hmm, not as bad as I thought," but then I see myself in daylight and look dirty. My skin is very fair naturally, and I have pink in my cheeks, so I thought this color would be great and that's the only good thing about this. Packaging that works is what i look for, so this is fine in that respect and you also get a ton of product plus this is highly pigmented so it should last a long time. Most bronzers offer little product in comparison when you think that many of us wear bronzer every day. This was another product that I wanted to love but I gave it a last whirl a few mos ago and I broke out really badly from it. It now seems to make me itch, i think it's the moisture-sucking dryness. If you have dry skin this may not be the bronzer for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most natural looking bronzers I have ever used. I love how it has absolutely no shimmer or sparkles. The color is so great, too- not the slightest bit of orange/red, but it's also not dirty/ruddy looking either. I didn't give it a 5 because I'm now on the search for a bronzer similar to this, but with a small bit of pearl/lustre (not shimmer), because this can be slightly dull looking. But, overall, this bronzer is really fantastic and natural looking and I would probably repurchase it, if I couldn't find anything better (which will be hard to do).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried. I hate the glittery, shimmery, orangey bronzers out there and thought I would never try bronzer again until I found this. I agree with the comments about the brush though, while cute it is way too small for a nice even, light application. I have a fluffy blush brush fron Shesiedo and it works great.Great alone or over my Joppa mineral makeup depending on coverage needs. I have had my Hoola for over a year now and have barely made a dent in it. I only use a couple products in the summer and this one joined the list the minute I tried it!

(UPDATE: After 2 years I can finally see the metal on the bottom of the box, still loving it, definitrly buying more when it runs out!!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

This is the first bronzer I ever purchased. I like how this is true brown (no orange/red, no glitter, no shimmer, just a matte true brown) I wanted something to give me a fake tan since I only freckle in the face. This is the first thing I purchased from benefit and so far so good. Stuff is actually pretty good but a tad pricey.
I hate the brush it sucks...packs too much even if u use a light hand. I use a synthetic blush brush to apply under my cheek bones, jaw line, Nose, chin and forehead. The brush it came with is so hard and chunks product on. It seems a good amount of product in the carboard box....to last for a while

Again i haven't tried other bronzers yet but I heard MAC's Natural MSF Deep Dark or MAC's Matte Bronzer would give the same effect, cheaper and better packaging. I will try this next... But Hoola seems like a good amount...but again pricey! Repurchase...for now yes...But go to MAC first and try the aforementioned 2. it will be about $15 cheaper...

Ref: NC25-30...yellow undertones, small freckles

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

Nice matte formula, no annoying shimmer/sparkly bits etc, but it is far too dark for my fair skin...it looks like I've rubbed cocoa powder on my face, even when using a very light hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

i like ti bc its browner than most bronzers,, but still goes on muddy, not for daytime..too obvious for daylight. night time its nice..but use a big powder brush and not a lot of it..