BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 7/15/2008 3:17:00 AM

I remember having my eye on HOOLA for about a year before i finally bought it. and that was 2 years ago. i STILL have it and i have bare made a dent. fave bronzer ever. i use about 4 times a week. totally natural. love it.

on 7/9/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i absolutely adore HOOLA! i can honestly say that i'll probably use this indefinitely without ever even testing another bronzer unless something really hyped comes out, but even then i doubt i'd buy it. HOOLA is the perfect color and texture; there is not a hint of orange in it, and it's also not so brown that it looks muddy, which can happen so easily with a lot of bronzers. for my NC20 skin, HOOLA gives me an entirely believable sun-kissed look, and it never looks like 'bronzer'. the texture is super, super finely milled and just melts right into your skin, and it never looks powdery or accentuates pores or dry spots like so many powders can. i think that using a good brush is crucial in getting a perfect application, and i use the Posh Purse Powder brush which is super dense and amazingly soft! this spreads the bronzer in a thin layer and blends it wonderfully, which is very important. i brush HOOLA onto my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks, and then use what's left on my brush to blend around on the rest of my face. HOOLA also looks *perfect* used on the shoulders, chest, and neck for some very natural looking color. it stays on until i wash my face, doesn't rub off on the straps of my tank top (when used on shoulders), and comes off easily with soap and water. the price is ouch-worthy, but this little box of bronzer will easily last you 2+ years used everyday. a great purchase, HOOLA definitely earns a permanent place in my beauty arsenal. **EDIT** just an afterthought, when i'm going out at night and i use HOOLA, i like to take a shimmery bronzer (i use MAC's MSF in Warmed) and apply it over top of the HOOLA on my cheekbones and up to my temples, down the center of my nose, and lightly on my chin. it looks so gorgeous and gives you this really pretty, subtle, naturally tan/bronzed gleam thing! gorgeous!!!

on 7/9/2008 11:35:00 AM

PACKAGING: Hoola comes in a cardboard box which is purple in colour. It looks somewhat small in size, but don't let that decieve you. The box is prone to some wear and tear as the months go by, but it is suprisingly sturdy.

PRICE: 22.50, although you might be able to blag yourself a slightly cheaper one off ebay. 22.50 is ridiculously expensive for a bronzer, but in the longrun it works out a good deal because the bronzer lasts for centuries.

FEATURES: Comes with a small brush which is apparently made of goat hair. I personally don't find the brush all that useful as it can make you look abit too overloaded in bronzer, but I use it on certain occasions when my regular kabuki brush is drying and it still does a good job. The bronzer itself is brown matte with no shimmer.

RESULTS: It enhances my natural complexion (olive) and makes me look browner. It looks completely natural because it has no shimmer in it, or hints of orange. It doesn't go on patchy and it's long lasting so I don't have to do any touch ups throughout the day. It doesn't make me break out or clog my pores. I think this would be a great bronzer for contouring, but me personally, I use it all over my face because it works well with my skin colour. Sometimes I even use it as an eyeshadow colour.

VERDICT: Definately my HG bronzer. No other bronzer I have tried looks as natural and gorgeous as this one (trust me, I have tried every bronzer on the planet). I would repurchase but it won't be for a while because 1 box lasts me about 2-3 years. Great bronzer which I will never stray from.

on 7/5/2008 12:40:00 PM

I use this bronzer for contouring only.Matte bronzer would be better than shimmering one.
The color is nice,not too orange nor too dark.Difficult to find suitable color.
I hate the cardboard packaging,and the brush included is not "GOOD" enough(I don't expect it to be perfect) to apply product,easily to make harsh lines.
Will repurchase unless I find something better.
EDIT:The brush included can do well when I use light hand~~~
2nd Edit:Won't repurchase cause I have already found something better:) And I always believe I can find something better~~

on 7/3/2008 7:53:00 PM

holy mackerel this looked bad on me. you've got to be half way tan already to pull it off, i think. i'm really fair, so it just looked ridiculous. it had NO sparkle in it, so it just kind of sat on my skin like i'd tried to rub clay into it or something.

on 6/29/2008 10:49:00 AM

I've had this product for probably about 2 yrs now, and I have to admit it was neglected for a good length of that time.
Reason being is that I got scared off by how dark it made me! Mind you I used that crappy little brush it came with (throw it out!) and I applied it with a heavy hand, and the result was blotchy and muddy. All around, not a good look.
Soon after I purchased my all time fave Guerlain Terracotta, and I forgot all about Hoola.

A few months ago though, I decided to give it another try... this time armed with a quality bronzing brush that's super soft and allows for a light application. WOW. I absolutely love this stuff! I can't believe I let it sit there for so long collecting dust. The colour is great, not in the least orange or sparkly-- which is very rare in a bronzer these days unfortunately. It gives me a perfect "tanned" look, and ppl always comment on it and tell me how great it looks. And real. I'm pretty fair (NW20) so a light application is key, and I end up with the perfect bronzed glow.

This stuff looks like it will last me for a long time to come, but I will definitely re-purchase when it runs out.
The packaging is cute, and it's good quality, tho I think I'd prefer it in a regular compact. Overall, GREAT product, don't get scared away by how dark it looks in the box, or how disastrous your first application might be with that useless brush it comes with. Keep at it, and you will love this stuff in the end.

on 6/29/2008 10:07:00 AM

One word: Barbados in a box (okay, 4 words then).

First things first; I have an olive skin tone due to my Portuguese heritage, so I am tan all year round. However, I am never one to pass up the oppurtunity of looking even darker. Hoola retails at 22.50...hmmm, pretty expensive, but I was feeling genorous with my cash that day & decided to splurge. It comes in a little cardboard box, with illustrations of a bamboo twig on it. I must say, I wasn't particularly impressed with the packaging considering the price, but suprisingly, my little box has proved to be quite resiliant & less prone to breakage like my other compacts when I drop them on the tiled floor.

Upon opening the box, all I saw was a brown matte formula, with no nasty orange tones or shimmers to it whatsoever. On applying to my face, the texture is very smooth & silky. I recommend not using the little brush it comes with as it picks up too much product (well, if you want to look like you've indulged in a turkish mudbath...) & doesn't blend the product all that easily. I use a high quality dense kabuki brush to buff it in & it goes on flawlessy.

The colour pay off is brilliant, in my humble opinion. I did not resemble a satsuma, or look like a 70's disco ball with shimmer. Just a gorgeous, brown colour...like I've been on holiday & come back with a nut brown tan. I can imagine fairer skinned ladies having to use a light hand with this bronzer as you may look borderline orange. But for us with darker skintones (e.g tan, olive) it's a pretty safe bet using this all over the face. I've had my Hoola for over 1.5 years now & I still am nowhere near to finishing, so the price isn't actually all that bad considering.

Lasting power is great also -- this lasts all day (& I sweat like a horse on helium) without the need for touch ups. This is by far the best bronzer I've used, & I will repurchase this as soon as I run out.

on 6/28/2008 2:54:00 PM

UGH I hate benefit's cardboard boxing! I am a messy girl and I throw makeup in bags and purses and cardboard just wears down so fast and makes it look like a piece of ****. Anyhow, I LOVE hoola because its one of those rare matte bronzers with no shimmer. It's great for people like me with oily skin and don't want anymore added shine. I think the color is just perfect and the little brush it comes with is absolutely cute

on 6/23/2008 8:41:00 AM

This is an alright bronzer. I got it once as a gift, and repurchased myself - but after trying a few other brands I am less of a fan of Hoola. There are a few pros to this bronzer though: There is no glitter or sparkles in it. I searched high and low for bronzers that were glitter-free, and Hoola was one of the few I found. The color is a really fantastic brown color, not orange at all. But those are about the only pros. Now for the cons: The packaging. I'll admit, I was a sucker for the cute box and little brush inside [at first]. But after having the bronzer for a while I noticed that if you keep it in a makeup bag and it moves around at all, the little brush inside wiggles around a lot and stirrs up the bronzer, so that when you open it up to use it, the brush is covered in bronzer, I mean - the handle and the brush and the whole inside of the box. Second, If your face is AT ALL dry, this stuff just sits right on top and tends to look very ashy and almost like more of a grey-brown, instead of looking like a natural, healthy tan. Third, I wish it had at least a TINY bit of pink, or peach or some kind of healthy color in it, because although it gives an OK bronze look, if I don't put a lot of blush on with it I look kind of pastey and tired.
All in all, it's a good bronzer to buy if you have lots of money just laying around to spend on makeup, and you want something that looks cute sitting on your bathroom counter.

on 6/16/2008 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in place of my usual $50 bronzer (Guerlain Blonde), and I wish I had purchased the Guerlain. Don't get me wrong...it's a nice bronzer. No sparkle, no orange, nice brown color. But I prefer a bronzer with a touch of pink because it looks more natural on me. I'll use this product for the summer, but I won't buy it again.

Popular Bronzers