November 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this at ulta for 17 bucks n i was so happy because i finally got a eye primer well this one just doesnt work for me.my color faded within 3 hrs.im taking this back n gonna try UDPP

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by katwoman1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so i put on this and all my makeup at 6:30am yesterday, i took my makeup off at 10:30 last night and my eyeshadow still looked just as good as it did when i first put it on. It lasted me more than 12 hours!!! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by alliekat0312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! my eyeshodow used to crease by lunch time. Now by the end of the day my shadow is exactly where i put it and no creasing! I don't really notice it making my eyeshadow more vibrant, but that doesn't matter to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i prefer this over udpp. tfsi has a "wetter" formula that allows for better blending of shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I think UDPP works a little bit better, but I will probably continue to use this product instead because it has better packaging and doesn't make my lids feel as tight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

You can get all the product out of the packaging but do you want to? I found this at times to create a patchy look on the lids, and it does not result in as vibrant of shadow as UDPP. Also the staying power is not as good as UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by hissy

I've tried both the TFSI and the UDPP and honestly don't have a preference with the formula. They both work well to prevent my shadows from creasing. The only reason I prefer this over the UDPP is the packaging. You can get every last drop of the product without the fuss. I do use a bit on my lower lids too to prevent my shadows or eyeliner from running. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't work on my oily lids. I have to use a matte shadow like a paintpot to get the colour to stay and not crease. If I use shadow insurance the colour will be in my crease in less then an hour, so for those of you who this doesn't work for try a matte shadow :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I thought this product was pretty shoddy.

After reading all the positive reviews, I was really expecting greatness. I forgot my own rule about buying into hype. I usually avoid overhyped anything; books, movies, restaurants, like the plague because I am almost always disappointed. Maybe I just have unusually high expectations.

At any rate...I am incredibly thankful that I only bought the trial size, though that alone was $8.50.

This gave an odd patchy look to my base shadow. Regardless of how much or how little I used, I could not get a uniform application. Also, I've never had a problem with creasing...until I used this! Suddenly, my eyelids looked like they had hinges. What the hell? And finally, it did absolutely nothing to even out the color of my lids in order to provide a nice canvas for my eye makeup.

Eons ago, my cosmetologist mother taught me the trick of using foundation or concealer on my lids, which I've done ever since I began wearing make-up. Honestly, I have FAR better results with that technique than I have ever had with an eyeshadow primer. I've decided that for me, such products are superfluous.

Know what works GREAT? Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. A tube is $25, but even using it as a primer and as a concealer, my last tube lasted me nearly a year.

If you don't want to to shell out the money for that....Maybelline Dream Matte concealer works amazingly well too. And it's like...eight bucks.

I love Too Faced cosmetics and usually find the quality to be unsurpassed. But not this product. Sorry Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I prefer this more than UDPP sooo much more! I tried UDPP first because of all the good reviews on it. I was quite impressed seeing how long/vibrant the shadow lasted on the eye that I used it. However, I was disappointed at the packaging, and the fact that UDPP is very drying and it's quite hard to spread onto the lids. I felt like I was tugging on my lid pretty hard. Unlike UDPP, TFSI is so creamier to blend into the lid, and it feels like a moisturizer. A little goes a long way. It keeps my shadow vibrant, and it does not make the shadow go on blotchy like the UDPP. I would put this on 8AM, and my shadow still wont crease by the time I take it off around 11PM. I like the consistency of TFSI so much more than UDPP, smoother and easier to blend. Another plus about Too Faced is the packaging. It is in a squeeze tube, and so you squeeze out what you need. Unlike the UDPP, Too Face is very easy to use up. I can very easily get out the last drop unlike UDPP where I have to go depot it and get all messy.
Last thing, Too Face does not dry fast unlike UDPP. For example, I'll use UDPP for 2 months and then I can already feel that the product has dried up a lot inside. This is due to the wand being pumped in and out. Because Too Face is a squeeze out, no air is being pumped in, and so the product's consistency stays the same for a longer time. The cost of it is worth it, seeing that it makes my eyeshadow last.

EDIT******
I prefer UDPP over the TFSI. Main reason is because TFSI does NOT prevent my mascara from smudging onto my under eyes. I always make sure that I apply a tiny bit of eyeshadow primer near my lashes so that my mascara won't transfer, yet I always notice some mascara smudging onto my under eye area whenever I use the TFSI. I think it might have to do with the consistency with the primer in that it is more creamier than the UDPP. And besides, you get more product with the UDPP ($20 for 0.37 oz) whereas TFSI is $20 for 0.35oz. Note: I have regular eyelids - not super oily, not super dry.
While it does not keep my mascara from smudging, it does make my eyeshadow last just as long and vibrant as UDPP.