September 19, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 6:19:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this mascara is perfect for those who prefer more natural-looking lashes. Definicils lengthens well and separates/defines lashes amazingly. I'm impressed by how it grabs ahold of every single eyelash you have, even the tiny ones. Definicils thickens a little, but not a lot. It is not a dramatic or volumizing mascara and personally, it isn't thick enough for me to use alone. However, for those who already are blessed with long and thick lashes and just want to slightly enhance their lashes with a more natural-looking or subtle-looking mascara, then Definicils may suit them. But for those with short, sparse, and thin lashes, Definicils may or may not be enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Margarita_Maggie

I have used definicils waterproof for years and loved it. I just started using the l'extreme mascara from lancome and also like it but not sure if I'll switch. The l'extreme lengthens, but this one volumizes. Maybe I'll try them together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by glowstix813

I loooooove this! This is the only makeup item I carry with me throughout the day. This is the best lengthening mascara I have EVER used! Gives me the perfect wide-eyed look! HOLY GRAIL

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 3:50:00 AM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although it's expensive it's well worth it. I have long lashes and it defines them beautifully, my only complaint is it could add a bit more volume than it already does. To combat that I sometimes use a lash primer. To really make my eyes stand out I sometimes pair it with Estee Lauder's Magna Scopic mascara then clean the clumps out with a safety pin. My favorite mascara by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Claudia21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far the best mascara I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received some sample tubes of this at a makeup trend show and just got around to trying the stuff out today. Definicils definitely lives up to all the hype IMHO. It almost looks like I'm wearing falsies because my lashes are so unbelievably long and lush with this product. All I need in terms of other makeup is sparkly champagne shadow and black eye pencil when I wear Definicils. So far, there have been no flakes, smudges, or raccoon eyes at all with this product. I don't know why it hasn't gotten better reviews. The only mascaras I've ever tried that compare to this one are Origins Fringe Benefits and DiorShow. However, those two are better for volumizing, while Definicils is better for lengthening and making my eyes look larger. I think I'm going to stick with Definicils because it looks wonderful and really makes my eyes stand out despite the fact that I wear glasses. I will definitely be purchasing this product when I run out of my sample tubes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dumbfishie

Initially I really liked this product--didn't smear and give me panda eyes and lengthened my lashes. However, since I have wimpy Asian lashes this mascara straightened my lashes after I curled them with my Shu curler, this product is simply too heavy for short and wimpy eyelashes. Try Shu Uemura's waterproof mascara.. it's the same price and lengthens a lot more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by linadaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one! It has to be the best mascara on the market because I keep coming back to it. The only reason why I've tried others is because I don't like paying $22 for it. Although trying 2 $11 Macs that failed wasn't a huge savings. I think the reason why I like it so much is because it doesn't dry as I'm puting it on; I think it has moisturizers. It doesn't clump,it thikens,it leaves a gloss, it's perfect. With the odd shape of the brush, it may not be great for everyone but I have a trick. If you hold the brush so the word "Definicils" is facing you, it works the best,silly but true. Also, especially if you don't wear eye liner like myself,the closest you apply it to the roots the thicker you lashes will look. You can always do clean-up later with a cotton swab(wet of course)Another thickening trick I've learned is powdering your eye lashes first. Eye shadow or loose powder works great. The brush is also the perfect size, not too small like the drug store brands and not too big. It's not curled but that means nothing, I have learned. If you have naturally curly eye lashes than you definetely should use a straight brush cause it's easier to apply to single lashes if need be. It lasts me about 2.5 months (a guess). The girl who introduced it to me years ago would use it until it was almost gone. I can't do that since I like freshness in mascara and you know you can just tell when you first pull it out of the tube. I hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jebapo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So So.
My sister told me to try Flextencils, so I went to Sephora and was urged to try this one instead. It is a little heavy and spider-ey. I like a very natural look and have a rough time making this look natural. Also, I have to run the bottle under hot water before I use it to thin the product out before application. It was pretty expensive, so I will finish the bottle, and then hopefully try something else. I really like Origins Fringe Benefits the best so far, for a very natural look. Both have nice brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this mascara religiously up until about 6 years ago. When I was in Paris, I was talked into buying Flextencils. After that, I drifted from mascara to mascara, until recently, when my new favorite (Ultima II Wonderwear) was discontinued. I can't believe I ever strayed! I remember now why used this mascara for so long! It works well on me - gives me a nice lush looking lash without looking fake, clumpy or too sparse. I would definitely try it out! Buy at Nordstrom and you can always return it if you hate it. :)