January 30, 2015 | 1762 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:51:00 PM More reviews by psyche_07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a wonderful product. A little pricey, but it truly delivers its promises. It removes makeup easily and painlessly - even really stubborn eye makeup. It is incredibly gentle, has no heavy smell, doesn't clog pores, leaves skin soft and preps it for cleansing. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally caved and bought this, even though I didn't want to. But I've started using DHC's White Sunscreen, and the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (the green one) was what I'd been using to remove it but I would break out after using the sunscreen. I had a sample of the Deep Cleansing Oil laying around, and I figured I might as well try. And what do you know? No more breakouts! So I've ordered the small (2.3 oz for $11) bottle as well as the travel set, because the holidays are coming up and I'll be travelling. I wish I didn't have to buy the entire travel set since I basically bought it just for the travel-sized cleansing oil bottle, but the 2.3 ounce bottle looks like it's still a pump and that won't do when I'm flying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2006 12:25:00 PM More reviews by madismom98

Having problematic skin for most of my adult life (combination skin with large pores, breakouts and sensitivity to over-zealous products), I was hesitant to try this product. How on earth could an oil based cleanser work on my super-fickle skin?? And I never would have tried this had I not received a sample in the mail. But boy am I glad that I did try it -- I am extremely happy with it. It takes all of my makeup off and doesn't leave any residue behind whatsoever. Remarkably, I actually follow this product with a moisturizer so that my skin doesn't get overly dry. And I like the results. My skin feels softer and looks healthier -- I think the deep cleansing oil has helped to get rid of some of the dullness on my skin. The price seems a bit steep, but it only takes a small amount of product to remove all my makeup, so the 8 oz size should last me for 6 months or so. I will continue to use this product -- at least until I am lured into trying something else!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Brendelwoman

I like this product because it washes completely off and gently takes off eye make-up. I don't think there is anything better for taking make-up off. I had a face full of Halloween make-up coated on and this stuff worked like magic. I will say that I have to use lotion after using this stuff because it does dry me out a little. It's okay because night cream is already part of the routine, but it just surprises me given the products consistency. The price of $24 for the large bottle is a little much but I got it on sale for $20. I'm estimating that this bottle will last about 3 months...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 8:50:00 PM More reviews by AhCapp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My very first time using this cleansing oil. Previously, I have been using Fancl cleansing oil, which in my opinion is more expensive and I have to worry about expiry date.

I like this DHC cleansing oil as it doesn't leave behind a weird greasy flim on my face after rinsing with water. It doesn't go into my eyes and make my vision "blur". Also, the cleansing oil is easy to rinse.

I have combination skin and using this doesn't make my skin dry. Definately will repurchase and even recommend it to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a free sample so can't talk about the packaging or price. I do love that DHC is so generous with their samples. But this one just didn't do much for me. Yes it took off my makeup easily - but I had the feeling I could just buy a good quality olive oil at the supermarket and get the same results. Maybe even baby oil would do. I don't have especially dry or sensitive skin and have little trouble getting my skin clean. I can just use whatever and it works out. Maybe I would feel different about it otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product a few years ago and loved it. But, new things come out and I feel the need to try them. I've been reintroduced to this product through swapping. Oh yeah! I missed it! This is good stuff! It feels so good to massage this oil into your skin. It gets ALL the makeup off, mascara included and does it all without irritating the eyes. My skin is a true combination, oily in the T-Zone, which is also becoming more & more sensitive. This is the one product I use, no matter what else is going on with my skin. It never leaves it red or "mad" as I call it. It still amazes me, the way it rinses off clean. DHC suggests that you use their soap (bar soap) afterwards, but I don't. I prefer to use a toner and that works out great for me. I also think that it leaves my skin with the glow that I've been trying to mimic, with blush & highlighters for years! I'm guessing it's probably from the massaging, which is supposed to be a very important part of cleansing the face--stimulating blood flow. All in all this is a fantastic product. It's cheap, considering how much you get and how little you need to use. I'll definitely be buying another bottle of this, when mine runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I would have never thought of using oil to cleanse my face until my mother introduced me to DHC. Deep Cleansing Oil is now one of the few skincare items that I will never again go without (all of which come from DHC). I cannot believe how clean this rinses off and how well it removes makeup. Along with Olive Virgin Oil, my skin has dramatically improved. A must have and a great way to be introduced to DHC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by CathyCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite cleansing oils, the other one being La Vitton. DHC cleans very well without irritating my eyes. It's about the thickest in texture among all the cleansing oils and I really like it. The mineral oil based calnsing oils, such as Shu Uemura, are too runny and since I also wear my sunblock and foundation on the neck, the runny ones just don't work. DHC being olive oil based, feels rich and won't run down the neck. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin used to be more normal/combination, but lately it's been getting drier and drier, so I didn't feel the least bit hesitant to cleanse with something called "Deep Cleansing Oil." Well, this stuff works well. So far, it hasn't clogged my pores, but it has removed makeup (not so great for mascara removal, though) and has also made my skin much smoother, improved its texture, and has it feeling more hydrated. I love massaging it into my skin. If you're looking for a good cleansing oil, try this!