DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 12/17/2006 11:49:00 PM

I know that this may seem a bit bizarre, but....you know how occasionally you wil let your bikini area go for a while and it's a huge pain to start shaving again? Bumps, blackeads, etc., - and they are irritated by everything, which makes them hard to clean. This product worked like a dream - no blackheads and no irritation.

on 12/17/2006 1:23:00 PM

This is one of my staples...my HG cleansing product. I first bought this when I was in Japan in April this year; it's readily available in all drugstores there. Before then, I had been using a regular mild cleanser to remove all my makeup, thinking that it was sufficient. When I started using this, my skin felt sooo smooth and clean and un-clogged...the first time in a long, long while! In 2-3 weeks, the terrible zits that were plaguing me slowly disappeared. I think it's because I wasn't doing a good job of cleaning my makeup off before, and not that the cleansing oil has any blemish-control properties. For reference, I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, with blotchiness and acne scars (gah!) To use this: I massage 2-3 pumps onto dry face (with dry hands), then rinse off with lukewarm water. To be safe, I follow up with a mild cleanser afterwards. This product has never dried me out/caused breakouts. Contrary to expectations, it didn't feel **icky** or gross on my face either. Since then, I've gone through about 3 bottles of this and love it as much as ever. ^_^ I do wish that the bottle could have been better designed for travelling, though! One of those clever tiny clips which lock the pump in place would have been great and would've made this product easier to carry around (when vacationing, etc).

on 12/14/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought the idea of using natural ingredients which are found in your skin fluid was wonderful. But clearly, it's not my fav at all. The cleansing oil is too sticky and can bearly remove blackheads from my blackhead forest.I found it too oily after washing it off, along with mild soap, my face was irritated.Rubbing my face so to get rid of debries broke me out.
If you don't react well with light oils like green tea, lavender ( those Dermalogica line ) etc. don't use this one. I think it can seriously clog your pores.

on 12/12/2006 10:36:00 AM

Who knew oil could be so good to your face?! DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil is a wonderful start to my skincare routine. It was so strange to be smearing oil on my face at first! But this oil cleans the face well, and rinses off with a splash of water. Followed by DHC's Mild Soap, it can't be beat!

on 12/9/2006 3:53:00 PM

I've been using oils to precleanse my face for over a year now, but was amazed at how well this stuff works (I've been using sample packets so far). Previously, I was just using a homemade cleanser (olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil), but it was a pain since I had to use some other kind of cleanser to remove the oil.The DHC stuff has a wonderfully cushy, thick texture and gets everything (including stubborn waterproof mascara and liquid liner!) off without much rubbing. It rinses cleanly, removing a step from my nightly routine. And it doesn't leave my combination skin feeling stripped or greasy either. My biggest problem is that it's somewhat expensive, and I can only order this online (entailing a $5 shipping charge). It's best to wait for DHC's sales and stock up on this when it's a few bucks cheaper.

on 12/5/2006 4:01:00 PM

I bought this product specifically to remove my eye makeup. The other brands that I've tried, from cheap to expensive, has always left some traces of mascara but this cleansing oil really took it all off! I highly recommend this product for removing makeup!

on 12/3/2006 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used several samples of this now and I am going to buy it. I think I'm going to buy two bottles! I used this as makeup remover and it worked as well as Lancome Bi-facial, and better than Clinique take the day off. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all and it takes ALL of my eye makeup off easily. My eyes don't feel raw- they feel moisturized. Even when I don't wash my face afer using this, when I just rinse, I still have no eye irritation. I like this product a lot.

on 12/3/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this product effectively removes makeup - I wanted to like it, but unfortunately for me it clogged my pores. I'm going back to GlyDerm Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/1/2006 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this from DHC, along with the mild soap and olive oil moisturizer. They all work wonderfully together. But the cleansing oil worked very well for my face. Removed all my makeup without making my face seem coated or greasy. My skin was very soft! I would definitely get this again.

on 11/26/2006 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this to get my Shiseido sunscreen off & it does that wonderfully. I do follow up with DHC's mild soap, but I've found this stuff to be very drying. It also doesn't leave my skin as smooth as other cleansers do. I would buy this again (simply because the Shiseido sunscreen is a HG), but I'd really prefer a cheaper or different cleansing oil.