DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 1/9/2007 12:50:00 AM

HAVING BREAKOUTS??? PAY ATTENTION: you have to WASH YOUR FACE WITH YOUR REGULAR CLEANSER AFTER USING CLEANSING OILs. Its an OIL, and that means EMOLLIENT. Emulsions can cause break outs and are usually only for people with dry skin. Also, you shouldn't be rubbing your eyes alot because you can damage your skin causing cuts, etc. Hold it to your face and let it break down the masacara before you start sawing at your eyes. This product is very popular because its great. Japanese products have been far superior to American products for years. thank goodness for china town areas that carry this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff...I too would of never considered buying an oil based cleanser...but this stuff really takes off mascara and makeup so well. I use to use this with the mild soap...but for me it isn't needed during the colder winter months. I have been cleansing with this and then following with a non-drying toner and have gotten great results. This really does help to bring out all the gunk in your pores. I would not recommend this product for people with very oily skin...i have oily skin but it becomes dry after cleansing. So if you have the type that is still a bit slick after washing then this isn't for you. To me this is more for mature skin...like 25 years old and above.

edit: this worked well at first but then caused me to have tons of blocked pores. I never had bumps on my cheeks...they are now going away as I have been using acne masks and acne treatment gel. I ended up giving this to my mom...what a waste of money!

on 1/5/2007 3:57:00 PM

this had to have an irritant in it like peppermint or somthing like that b/c it irritated me sensitive skin.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the most amazing products around. I was thrilled by how it took off ALL my makeup (eyemakeup too) and left NO residue behind. Who would believe an oil could do such a thing? If you're thinking about buying it, IT'S WORTH IT! Wonderful stuff!

on 12/28/2006 11:52:00 AM

I recived a sample of this, and I hated it when I first put it on, because it was so runny and oily. It felt disgusting, and I thought it would clog my pores. Yet when I started to gently rub it in, I felt like it was really cleaning my face better than any other cleanser has. It really does get deep down, and leaves no residue behind.

on 12/27/2006 9:28:00 PM

Yes! I have to add another rave review. I've been using this product for two years thanks to the many great reviews. Contrary to what I thought...oil to my face??? It's the best make-up remover/cleanser ever. HIGHLY RECOMMEND as a staple to my cleansing routine. It's a must have. I hope you love this as much as I do.

on 12/23/2006 6:17:00 PM

After 25 years of trying every cleansing product in fancy department stores, drugstores, and even infomercials, I was convinced that I was doomed to spend the rest of life with horrible skin. I almost always had a breakout somewhere, yet my skin was scaly, patchy and dry on top, with an oily underlayer that always seemed to seep through and settle on top in a big old oilslick. I truly have tried every acne cream, cleanser, scrub, and lotion - you name it, I bought it. When I received a DHC catalogue with samples by chance in the mail, I thought the whole idea of cleaning my face with oil was just crazy talk - who DOES that when they have acne? For some reason, I actually tried it, and that moment changed my life. In the 3 years that I've been using Deep Cleansing Oil and other DHC products, my skin has been transformed. My skin was softer immediately after the first try, and there was zero oily residue from the cleanser. I threw caution to the wind and ordered the kit with the cleansing oil, mild soap, toner, and extra virgin oil. My blackheads softened up and were easy to remove. Makeup - even waterproof mascara - comes right off. My skin just feels clean and fresh after I use this, and it's no longer itchy, blotchy, and crepey on top. Yes, I still have an occasional breakout, but they are much more infrequent, and much smaller. So many people have commented on how great my skin looks now. I'm hooked for life. I don't think $24 is an outrageous sum to pay for this product, as it lasts for several months, and is still cheaper than a lot of products at fancy department stores that are overrated and just don't work (at least not for me). I have gotten several friends, and my mom, hooked on this product; we range in age from 35-72, and have very different skin types, yet this product works wonders for all of us.

on 12/23/2006 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I looveeeeee this product and using it with mild soap, rocks. I was using Principal Secret Reclaim cleansing because, usually, soaps dry me out. But in this case, the cleansing oil plus the soap makes a huge different. My pores are smaller, not pimples, not clogged pores. My skin feels soft and even. I love it. I will purchase again.

PD: If you buy from DHC website you will receive tons of samples.

on 12/21/2006 5:32:00 PM

i definitely LOVE this!! it gets all my make-up off with just one pump! sometimes one and a half if i have a lot of eye makeup on! for a while i was worried because i couldn't find a good way to erase my waterproof mascara, and DHC's deep cleansing oil took it off right away! i still think it's amazing that it's water soluble, so it never leaves any of that greasy residue that you would imagine oil would leave on your face!! the only complaint i would have is in regards to the packaging, due to the fact that it's in a pump, it's hard to carry it when going on vacation but besides this minor personal annoyance i highly recommend it!

on 12/21/2006 2:27:00 PM

Just like most of the reviewers, I have used almost every skin care line available from drugstore, department store, and doctor's offices. I have found many products that seem to help my complexion, however, nothing has even came close to DHC cleansing oil. I have only used this for 2 weeks only at night to remove dirt and oil before using a benzoil peroxide cleanser. I have not experienced any breakouts, but you do notice clogged pores from the past coming to the surface and then quickly disappearing leaving your complexion looking poreless. If you are a person with lots of clogged pores, you should probably give the product more time to allow it to bring your pores to the surface. I have been a member of Makeupalley for almost 2 years, but I have not been so impressed by a product to take the time to review it until now. I'm sure there are many products that only work for certain skin types, but I feel this product should help everyone's skin. I've heard many times that you need to first remove make-up and then cleanse your skin, and this really helps.