April 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by qy818

I think it is a pretty good cleaning oil, no break out. BUT compare to Fancl cleaning oil, It is not that great.
It is hard to take off waterproof mascara. Fancl is the best

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by yojim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only cleansing oil I've ever used, but I love it. Since switching to DHC for cleansing, my skin is clear and the irritated redness that other cleansers cause is gone. For the first time in years I don't have to wear foundation.

The cleansing oil does a great job of cleaning off waterproof mascara and sunscreen. It rinses off very well, but I do follow with DHC Mild Soap because I have very oily skin and need the extra cleansing. I am on bottle number 3 and will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tiger2007

This is nice and gets everything off, but I just can't seem to get into cleansing oils. Also is a bit drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2006 10:20:00 PM More reviews by irbecky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good cleansing oil, removes makeup and sunscreen very well, but I think it's too stripping for my skin. My face gets sooo tight if I don't put any moisturizer on. For the price it should have a locking pump. I've used the rest up by mixing it down half-and-half with olive or jojoba oil, and now it isn't to drying. I then use a gentle scrub to remove any residue and dead skin. I won't be buying this or any other brand of cleansing oil again because it's soooo cheap to make on your own! Just use 5-10% Cromollient SCE mixed with your favorite oils and it's just as good as any store-bought brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2006 10:20:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

When I buy an expensive product, my rules are that a) I enjoy using it and b) it does what it's supposed to. That being said, I really enjoy using this. It's such a lovely break from harsh cleansers. It's gentle, and it cleans my skin. I do wash my face with a face wash after, but only because I have pretty oily skin. I don't wear make up, but I do wear sun screen. This does a great job removing it, but it's a bit pricey to use just for that purpose. I really like this, but I would not repurchase because I simply don't need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pruma

I used to use this a lot before, but found no major improvement in my skin tone as such .. and so as the other reviewers have mentioned, I've started using it to remove makeup (excellent for eye makeup) or use it when my skin feels extra dry. It hardly feels like you just put oil on your face. Didn't make me break out either, so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by JasonPToms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great at removing makeup...at least that is what my gf says.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best thing since sliced bread! The *only* product I use to remove my makeup. Never thought I'd use an oil on my face, but this stuff thoroughly removes all traces of makeup and rinses completely clean. You do need to follow with a cleanser as part of your routine, however (more reviewers who complain of it leaving a "slick" feeling behind need to know this!!). It's also thicker and more substantive than MAC's Cleanse Off Oil, which to me makes it superior to MAC's version. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was going to wait until the fall to purchase and try this cleanser because of all the glowing reviews but I went ahead and got it in July and am NOT disappointed! I thought a cleansing oil would be best for winter weather but that's not the case. I have to admit that the idea of rubbing an oil into my skin at the end of the day when its got oil and 10 hour old makeup on it sounds horrible but this product is awesome! I use waterproof eye makeup and I also use MAC paints which keep my eyeshadow from budging even through workouts so I need something effective to remove all of that. DHC Cleansing Oil does the trick. After cleansing my skin feels soft and looks fresh, not dry or irritated.
I purchased this through the DHC website, received it quickly along with a very generous supply of samples.
EDIT: This cleansing oil is clearing up my clogged pores!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lychi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the cleaning oil is good but it doesn't really help to remove eye makeup.