DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 12/14/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought the idea of using natural ingredients which are found in your skin fluid was wonderful. But clearly, it's not my fav at all. The cleansing oil is too sticky and can bearly remove blackheads from my blackhead forest.I found it too oily after washing it off, along with mild soap, my face was irritated.Rubbing my face so to get rid of debries broke me out.
If you don't react well with light oils like green tea, lavender ( those Dermalogica line ) etc. don't use this one. I think it can seriously clog your pores.

on 12/12/2006 10:36:00 AM

Who knew oil could be so good to your face?! DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil is a wonderful start to my skincare routine. It was so strange to be smearing oil on my face at first! But this oil cleans the face well, and rinses off with a splash of water. Followed by DHC's Mild Soap, it can't be beat!

on 12/9/2006 3:53:00 PM

I've been using oils to precleanse my face for over a year now, but was amazed at how well this stuff works (I've been using sample packets so far). Previously, I was just using a homemade cleanser (olive oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil), but it was a pain since I had to use some other kind of cleanser to remove the oil.The DHC stuff has a wonderfully cushy, thick texture and gets everything (including stubborn waterproof mascara and liquid liner!) off without much rubbing. It rinses cleanly, removing a step from my nightly routine. And it doesn't leave my combination skin feeling stripped or greasy either. My biggest problem is that it's somewhat expensive, and I can only order this online (entailing a $5 shipping charge). It's best to wait for DHC's sales and stock up on this when it's a few bucks cheaper.

on 12/5/2006 4:01:00 PM

I bought this product specifically to remove my eye makeup. The other brands that I've tried, from cheap to expensive, has always left some traces of mascara but this cleansing oil really took it all off! I highly recommend this product for removing makeup!

on 12/3/2006 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used several samples of this now and I am going to buy it. I think I'm going to buy two bottles! I used this as makeup remover and it worked as well as Lancome Bi-facial, and better than Clinique take the day off. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all and it takes ALL of my eye makeup off easily. My eyes don't feel raw- they feel moisturized. Even when I don't wash my face afer using this, when I just rinse, I still have no eye irritation. I like this product a lot.

on 12/3/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this product effectively removes makeup - I wanted to like it, but unfortunately for me it clogged my pores. I'm going back to GlyDerm Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/1/2006 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this from DHC, along with the mild soap and olive oil moisturizer. They all work wonderfully together. But the cleansing oil worked very well for my face. Removed all my makeup without making my face seem coated or greasy. My skin was very soft! I would definitely get this again.

on 11/26/2006 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this to get my Shiseido sunscreen off & it does that wonderfully. I do follow up with DHC's mild soap, but I've found this stuff to be very drying. It also doesn't leave my skin as smooth as other cleansers do. I would buy this again (simply because the Shiseido sunscreen is a HG), but I'd really prefer a cheaper or different cleansing oil.

on 11/23/2006 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

wow!! this is my HG!! i have oily, acne prone skin w/ big pores and would have NEVER thought of putting more oil on my face, a girlfriend of mine has beautiful skin and swears by this stuff so as i always do, i tried it out. my skin looks great! it's not the best yet but i've only used this for a little over a week. it really takes everything out of your pores!!! i use this cleanser w/ the group it comes w/ toner, soap & oil moisturizer. you can check the web dhccare.com for the package deal it's $75 but it last for close to a year, and as well as it works so far its worth it's weight in gold!! thank you everyone for all your reviews, if it were not for them i would not have tried this!!!

on 11/15/2006 7:51:00 PM

Overall, this is a wonderful product. A little pricey, but it truly delivers its promises. It removes makeup easily and painlessly - even really stubborn eye makeup. It is incredibly gentle, has no heavy smell, doesn't clog pores, leaves skin soft and preps it for cleansing. Love it!