October 31, 2014 | 1539 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I would have never thought of using oil to cleanse my face until my mother introduced me to DHC. Deep Cleansing Oil is now one of the few skincare items that I will never again go without (all of which come from DHC). I cannot believe how clean this rinses off and how well it removes makeup. Along with Olive Virgin Oil, my skin has dramatically improved. A must have and a great way to be introduced to DHC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by CathyCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite cleansing oils, the other one being La Vitton. DHC cleans very well without irritating my eyes. It's about the thickest in texture among all the cleansing oils and I really like it. The mineral oil based calnsing oils, such as Shu Uemura, are too runny and since I also wear my sunblock and foundation on the neck, the runny ones just don't work. DHC being olive oil based, feels rich and won't run down the neck. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin used to be more normal/combination, but lately it's been getting drier and drier, so I didn't feel the least bit hesitant to cleanse with something called "Deep Cleansing Oil." Well, this stuff works well. So far, it hasn't clogged my pores, but it has removed makeup (not so great for mascara removal, though) and has also made my skin much smoother, improved its texture, and has it feeling more hydrated. I love massaging it into my skin. If you're looking for a good cleansing oil, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ndclarktn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best makeup remover I've used, hands down. Sometimes it dries out my face a bit, but I make sure to quickly follow up with MD Forte II cleanser and Olay Sensitive Skin moisturizer and I have no problems. It's super expensive, but I've tried less expensive cleansing oil (La Vitton) and didn't like it. I just use sparingly (2 pumps) and try to make it last as long as possible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a great cleanser and it leaves my skin squeaky clean,smooth and radiant.but i'm wondering if its giving me pimple when i use this along with Washing Powder...EDIT: i've broken out from this. after using it for 2 weeks, it'd been giving me tiny clogged pores all over my face, even areas i've NEVER broken out before.its expensive and the bottle leaks all over my bag when i travel. after having my skin super clear for over 2 years this product broke me out. I REALLY HATE THIS PRODUCT.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by wyang83

Superb makeup remover even the most stubborn mascara! It doesnt leave my skin dry rather very moisturized. I know its a cleansing oil based on Olive oil but I cant really stand the strong smell of olives! But overall a GREAT product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Aliana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my cleansing HG for more than seven years. Since I put on makeup almost everyday, having this with me is extremely important. It can easily take off the eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and everything else. The only negative for me in recent two years is that it starts drying me skin a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cpezzi

Have used Deep Cleansing Oil for 2 years now in all seasonal weather (Pennsylvania). Cleansing is exceptional. It makes my skin feel soft with no oily residue. DHC recommends you always follow up with some type of soap product from their line - I agree with this as I skipped this step a few times and found my make-up not behaving the way it should during the day. I have had to change the soap type from the DHC line to major weather changes.

Those who may try this product may love it for the first couple of weeks to find they are getting a mild breakout of whitehead-type of bumps. DHC published a Q&A in one of their catalogs addressing this problem as part of a cycle for certain skin types and temporary. This was true in my case. After this short period of these bumps, my skin suddenly made a dramatic change in texture.

I've enhanced the effectiveness and experience of this product by taking more time to massage the product into my skin. I have found this cleansing massage something I look forward to every day.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by LClark

DHC introduced me to their products by giving me a sample of the Deep Cleansing Oil. I have acne prone skin and I thought putting oil on an oily face would be the worst idea ever. This product is fantastic and I love it. I actually bought my first bottle and since it was on sale, I had to buy ANOTHER!! (shop a holic).
I would encourage people to try the samples first to see if your skin has any reaction, but those of you with oily skin...don't shy away from this product. I have had great results and my skin is actually clearing up! I have purchased several DHC products now and I will write reviews on each of them. I am truly a believer in DHC and I have told my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors...etc. about DHC. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2006 3:25:00 AM More reviews by snowstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tested out 5 cleansing oils - KP Red, DHC, Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil (clear), Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (Pink), Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Enriched (Orange). Of the five, it's a toss up between Shu's Enriched orange oil and Shu's Fresh pink oil.

The DHC cleansing oil does a great job of removing makeup and dirt. I can literally feel the dirt coming out of my pores. I also tend to get tiny tiny balls of white dirt - i believe these are my white heads coming off! This is a "thicker" oil as compared to KP Red, Shu clear oil and the Shu pink oil, and is very easy to massage around the face. I prefer this texture but love the scent of KP better. This also doesn't dry up my face. continued >>