November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by niamhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it!!!
    -A tiny bit goes a long way
    -I can mix it with my Benetint to make a pink dewy blusher
    -Really catches your eye
    -Looks great applied over your eyelid to make a natural shimmery eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is WAY too shimmery/metallic for my taste. The formula itself is very thick/goopy, and the nail-polish applicator doesn't really help in thinning it out to put on your face. It just looks extremely unnatural and metallic/shiny on my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by starbrite

I love love love High Beam. I have a full size bottle I keep at home, and also a little mini one that I got in the Valley of the Stars set that I tote around with me in my purse.

I am a NC35/C3 depending on how much sun I've gotten. This highlighter works really well with my skin tone. I feel that the Moon Beam doesn't quite have enough contrast with my skin tone (weird I know, but I like having silvery/pink shades against my skin with everything from shoes to jewelry to make my tan pop or give my complexion a little oomph). It's super easy to use and not so liquidy that you have to worry about spills. I use it on my brow bones, my cheekbones, and my collar bones. Sometimes I swipe it down my shins if I'm wearing a dress. I also put a dab of it on my cupid's bow.

Of course, for just a day to day look I might just put it on my brow bones and a dab on my cheekbones. Shimmer doesn't always translate to the office environment. Sadly. I love this highlighter for the glow it gives me, very different from a powder highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by semblance

i would buy again with a qualification. had i not read on here about dilluting it with cream or foundation, i would not have re-purchased. in full force, it lives up to it's name: like being blinded by headlights; not at all natural looking on me (i applied very sparingly, and with a brush, and then blended more with a sponge. now, i mix it with my spf day cream, and i love it! just a little dab does it - it still gives a great natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by white_shimmer

This gives a healthy glow, not too shimmery and fake like some other highlighters i've tried. I use it for my brow bone (so there's no need to buy Benefit's High Brow) and nose bridge too, really brightens up my face. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ceciafb

Love it! bought it a couple of years ago randomly and then regretted it thinking i wouldnt use it and i used to hate it - i was so wrong! i use this daily just a bit on my cheekbones and under my eyebrows and it really defines them, and if i want to look nice on a night out il mix just a little in with my foundation to give it that 'dewy' look. As i said at first i thought it was a waste of money but now i think its benefits best product and i love it, its lasted me ages too! only thing is i dropped the bottle in my friends sink so had to scoop out the liquid and stick it in another bottle, not a huge problemv - more my clumsiness, but not so great that its glass!

Ohh, also i dont use that nail varnish applicator because it is really bad, i use the one that i got with the mini set which is sort of spongy, and its much better, or just my fingers

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by princexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this once and it was because I had gotten a free makeover. It actually highlighted my cheek bones, considering I have a round face and no cheekbones visible at all. I was impressed with this but I don't know if I would buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

I only have a miniature version of this highlighter in a kit but I really like it. It has lasted me a very long time.

I usually apply this to my cheeks using my fingers or Mac 187 brush.

I recommend this and will most likely re purchase once I use up some other brands of highlighters I have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The ultimate highlighter for a PPP like me! I've had lots of highlighters in the past - from the Stila powder ones to a decent white liquid Clinique one - but this is my new HG. It's the ideal shade of pale pink, you only need a little bit, and it looks extremely natural in and out of photographs. It wakes up the skin and is subtle enough to wear everyday, but striking enough for parties when used in larger amounts. It doesn't sink into pores or lines, shockingly! The price is good, I love the bottle and brush applicator, it applies evenly, and it doesn't break me out. What's not to love?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Sour

This is a pretty standard universal highlighter. I personally donít like it very much because I have oily skin and it tends to absorb this so by the end of the day the nice dewy glow that I had is gone and replaced by an oily mess! I am also not too fond of the packaging. It could have been done so much better. On the other hand, this will pretty much last you forever since you only need a teensy bit to glow. Iíd recommend it for dry skinned chicas.
    UPDATE: OK, so... I've started using this as a highlighter under my brows and it looks amazing! I'm going to upgrade this from 2 lippies to 4 lippies. The reason I won't give it 5 is because High Beam only looks good on my brow bones so its use as a highlighter is very limited.