October 23, 2014 | 2158 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of two products I use as a base for eyeshadows. I do like this, but it doesn't thrill me. I usually use this when I am doing a more neutral/natural look and I want my eyes to have an even skin-toned look underneath. I apply with my finger in a thin layer ( I think that is key for not creasing) and it seems to work fine. It does feel a little drying to me and I don't think I could use this everyday..mostly I use UDPP.
I actually like the packaging and that I am able to get at all the product unlike UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

I like it!

Usage:
I use this as a base for a clean and sharp eyeliner look. I use it with an eyeshadow base (shadow insurance TF),so it will stay put.

Pros:
-Nice color, pinky beige nude color.
-Blendable.
-Makes my black eyeliner more intense.
-You get a lot of product.
- I can use my fingers to apply the product.

Cons:
- Creases
- Matt formula. It looks a bit cackey on my skin.
- Everyhing that goes on top of the paintpot will be hard to blend.
-The packaging is bulky. Glass. Heavy for just 5 grm/0.17 oz of product.
(- The color is not a great base for my light olive skin. Not really a con, because it isnt an eyeshadow base or benefits lemon-aid )

Conclusion:
This product is not a great eyeshadow. Because it creases. Its is also not a great eyeshadow base. Because the shadow wont blend very well+ crease. It does make the color POP. Its an oke product. But will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by batbunney

Before Painterly, I just used my concealer to even out my lid. But now I use painter + UDPP to keep eyeshadow in place and as for a base for an even skin color on my eyelid. I really like it, even though I was not used to how sticky and matte it felt on my eyelid, but it does a good job at making the shadows pop and staying put! I really like this product because I have oily lids and the stickiness of painterly helps my shadows adhere better to my lid. I think it lives up to the hype!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

not really impressed. i dont like the color for me and it's too thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

Absolute must have. Matte flesh toned color, slightly pinkish (but my eye lids are like that so - prefect). At first formula was quite drying, but after 2-3 times applying (finger) it turned more creamy. I do not how I lived without this one. Perfect color for my skin tone (NC25). Makes every eye shadow more vibrant, more true to itís color. My eye shadow last all day. Must have. Repurchase it, over, over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ledisxo

I use this everyday and by far 100% better then udpp - its creamy stays on all day dosent dry or flake off like other primers from other companys :) its perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ewwww. Totally disgusting and thick as a base. I will just stick to my UDPP. This is getting returned with a quickness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aebella

I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with this product. I purchased it in Painterly, to match my skin tone according to the ma, and it definately does not. It's too dark to use under a wash color for a natural look and it actually seems to mute the colors a bit. I might try it again with wet pigments and see what happens...but as of right now I would recommend UDPP over Mac's paint pots anyday. Another product that works wonders as a base is Mac's cream color base...just make sure you use one of the ones that are safe for the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me. I would rather use bare canvas paint. It works better imo. Also select cover up acts better than this as well for an e/s primer. UDPP also a better alternative. It's just mediocre, and for MAC that's pretty disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

I may be the only moron that doesn't like this product. I felt it was very drying on the lids, and the texture I wasn't too thrilled with either. The price was OKAY but whenever DH saw the size of the pot, he wanted to gag! "almost 20$ for that THING?" He doesn't understand but after using this product, I may have to say the same. Maybe I have to give it a few more tries, but I didn't see much of a change from using a paint pot versus any kind of primer or liquid shadow.