MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/11/2009 2:59:00 PM

I bought this to copy an Angelina Jolie eye I saw on expertvillage.com. I put vanilla all over the lid, then Painterly up to the crease followed by a cats eye with black eyeliner. I love the neutral look it gives me and it's perfect for this look. Only think I don't like is it can look cakey.

on 3/11/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was hesitant to buy this as I bought delft and didn't like it. I am so glad that I made this purchase. Its a great primer for eyes and I like it better than prep and prime eyes.

on 3/10/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday base to use. Since I don't like to wear eyeshadows on a regular basis, this is perfect for a natural look. It conceals the darkness that I have on my lids, and I top it off with MAC's Brule eyeshadow, which sets it. I even use MAC's Phloof! eyeshadow sometimes, if I want to look more "awake".

I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to try out a Paint Pot, but doesn't know which one to use. These things are like butter! So easy to spread, and they last all day and don't crease.

I plan on getting more shades in the future for sure! And they're not that expensive :)

on 3/10/2009 12:39:00 PM

I like this product but the thing is you can't use it for bright colors. So then i just use UDPP. But for everyday natural's it's a perfect fit!

on 3/10/2009 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a good product. It dries to a silky finish and the color is almost a perfect match for me. It's just a little more orange than my skin tone but I don't use it alone so it doesn't have to be a perfect match. The thing I dont like is it makes my eyelids crease. I have rather large eyes and alot of eyelid space and it gives me a crease right in the middle. I fix it by putting the tiniest bit of eye cream on them and its fine. I do like that my eyeshadow lasts alot longer. Overall It is a good product and I will continue to use it with some tweaking.

on 3/7/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this for EVERY makeover that I do. It keeps colors true, from creasing and fading throughout the day.

It's a good eye base for almost every skincolor. It blends beautifully and dries to a soft poweder finish.

on 3/7/2009 1:42:00 PM

This is a definite HG for me! I use it as a base for all of my eyeshadows, especially my Fyrinnae pigments (because of the slightly sticky consistency). It makes them long lasting, holds the shimmer/glitter without making me look like a disco, and minimizes fall out. Plus, the colors look gorgeous and vibrant, even when applied dry using the patting method. I'm a NW15 and this is a nice match for my skintone. It is just a neutral, slightly rosy shade that is close to my skintone. Applies well, creamy and easy to blend. I like the little screw top jar too.

on 3/5/2009 4:50:00 PM

I really really like this product. I'm fair to med and this is almost a perfect matte match for my eyelids. It's so useful.. on it's own, like a said, it's almost a match but makes your lids look flawless and therefore, you, more awake! It also make a great base for shadows and really helps them stay strong and last hours longer. I bought this for that reason but now that i've been using it - i think i might try some other colors just to use as shadows on their own.

The textrure is smooth and applies very easily with your finger (this warms it and makes it apply evenly.. I just love MAC these days, constantly impressed!

on 3/3/2009 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite product to use as an eyeshadow base or just to wear alone. It evens out the color of my reddish eyelids, smooths out the skin, and loose pigments adhere quite well. My eyelids are slightly dry. I find it is easy to blend with this as a primer (unlike UDPP which I find interferes with blending). No creasing all day if used as a base. The finish looks convincingly natural when I'm trying to go for the no makeup look.

on 2/26/2009 9:50:00 PM

So I'm rushing to get to the MAC store by eight o'clock, which is when they were closing according to a phone call earlier that day. I couldn't get a park anywhere nearby, so I had to park miles away and RUN to the store. By the time I got there it was five minutes to eight and the glass door was shut. I smiled expectantly through the glass at one of the sales assistants, and she opened the door about an inch and said "we're actually closed." It wasn't even eight o'clock yet! I said "please, can you just let me in to buy one thing? I know exactly what I want." She pursed her lips and with a sour expression opened the door for me. "What did you want?" I had finally decided to buy a MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, and no disapproving sales lady was going to weaken my resolve! She acted like she was doing me a huge favor by allowing me to hand over my hard-earned cash five minutes BEFORE closing time, but with my Painterly Paint Pot safely tucked away in my handbag, I didn't care.

I honestly don't know why it took me so long to get Painterly. I have five other Paint Pots, none of them perfect: Soft Ochre is a little dry in texture, Groundwork is nice but a little boring, Cash Flow is very frosty, Rubenesque doesn't work with some of my more neutral eyeshadows and Quite Natural is too dark to use other than very sparingly. Despite their drawbacks, I love them all, but I think Painterly is going to become my favorite! It is definitely the most versatile of my Paint Pots, and works under just about any eyeshadow. It's true that there's not much color payoff, but I don't mind, as I'm a neutral girl at heart! Love this!

*EDIT* I think I was looking at Painterly with rose-colored glasses after lemming it for so long. Although I love the texture, I wish the color were a little darker, as it tends to make my paler eyeshadows look whitish. I still like it, but perhaps I don't love it.

Top Rated MAC Products