December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jackieloveee

I really like this paint pot, its the only one i have, but i only use ut as a base and it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by CherylA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT. I have slightly dry eyelids and have not found this to be a problem.

I use it alone as an eyeshadow and it really evens out my uneven skin tone on my lids giving me a natural look.

When I use it as a base, the shadow on my lids now looks like the shadow in the compact. Before this I could by a taupe shadow and on my lids it would be 3 shades different that what it shows. This allows the shadow color to be more 'true'.

Doesn't feel heavy or sticky.

LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

I used both UDPP and TFSI for a while now, I really liked the staying power of these 2 products.when I was introduced to using Painterly as a base, I was equally happy about the staying power compare to UDPP and TFSI. I love the matte color that makes my skin(eye area) looks even. The only down side of this product is too drying for my lids, it kinda shows the lines.But overall considering the price and quality, I would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cream eyeshadow to use as base. I am a MAC C7/NC45 and some shadows don't show well on their own. So i use painterly as a base. It works very well and helps the shadwo to last all day without creasing. I use it with shadows that have a pink tone or color. For neutrals I use Soft Ochre.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I love how this is very close to my natural skin color and if I don't need to wear my eyeshadows more than 8 hours or so I use this as my go to base. However, I found after 8 hours my eyeshadows crease. I do have slightly oily lids so this is understandable. I used UDPP as my HD base but I find that my eyeshadows don't blend easily so I put this paint pot on top of my UDPP and my shadows blend so easily and last more than 12 hours. It seems like a lot to go through for a eyeshadow base, but with the paint pot a little goes a long way so you do get your moneys worth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This paint pot is my "go to" eyelid primer every day. No matter if I am waking up at 4am to go work a shift or how little time I have to put on makeup.. I slap this paint pot on my lids, dust some eyeshadow on and line my eyes. It has stopped my oily lid problem! It is flesh toned for my NC25 skin.. it actually may be more neutral cream color than my face, but it hides any discoloration on my lids very well. I've used UDPP and Too Faced shadow insurance. I think UDPP works well, but I refuse to buy it again until they make the tube non genie in a bottle like so I don't have to spend time cutting the bottle and putting it in a jar. That's just ridiculous. TFSI did not work for my greasy lids.
The paint pot comes in a glass jar with a black screw on lid. It takes forever to go through--I'm not a makeup artist, but I do know that this is the only product that effectively keeps my waterproof.. (yes, I even have problems with waterproof smearing) eyeliner on my upper lash line, and not smeared down on the bottom of my eyes by the end of the day. This is fabulous! Add it to your collection. It is definately going to last you a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

This is a HG base for my NC30 lids. I find the best way to apply this is with my fingers to warm up the product, and spread a thin layer onto my lids. I've also tried using this as a concealer and it blends well with my skintone. Love it =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by MissMichelle895

after all im hearing about the painterly paint pot, i finally bought it and its OK.
I mean i like it. its not as great as UDPP, but its good.
I use it as my base when using my basic neutral eyeshadows only but it just takes a bit more longer for me to blend my other eyeshadows quite right.
its pretty creamy/matte which is ok. most likely i will buy it again. but i think ill have enough to last for a really good while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of two products I use as a base for eyeshadows. I do like this, but it doesn't thrill me. I usually use this when I am doing a more neutral/natural look and I want my eyes to have an even skin-toned look underneath. I apply with my finger in a thin layer ( I think that is key for not creasing) and it seems to work fine. It does feel a little drying to me and I don't think I could use this everyday..mostly I use UDPP.
I actually like the packaging and that I am able to get at all the product unlike UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

I like it!

Usage:
I use this as a base for a clean and sharp eyeliner look. I use it with an eyeshadow base (shadow insurance TF),so it will stay put.

Pros:
-Nice color, pinky beige nude color.
-Blendable.
-Makes my black eyeliner more intense.
-You get a lot of product.
- I can use my fingers to apply the product.

Cons:
- Creases
- Matt formula. It looks a bit cackey on my skin.
- Everyhing that goes on top of the paintpot will be hard to blend.
-The packaging is bulky. Glass. Heavy for just 5 grm/0.17 oz of product.
(- The color is not a great base for my light olive skin. Not really a con, because it isnt an eyeshadow base or benefits lemon-aid )

Conclusion:
This product is not a great eyeshadow. Because it creases. Its is also not a great eyeshadow base. Because the shadow wont blend very well+ crease. It does make the color POP. Its an oke product. But will not repurchase!