September 30, 2014 | 1932 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good face powder, much better than many other far more expensive department store powder. The power is very fine, fragrance free. It goes on and blends in with the skin very well, makes the application easy and fast. The price is reasonable. It however does not have a wide range selection of colors. I'm lucky that the light color of this product suites my skin tone almost perfectly well. I strongly recomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this powder, it feel very silky and soft. Its a light to medium coverage ans give a fantasic glow. When I saw that I was using way too much MSFN and it was really hurting my pocket I left that in my drawer and started using this more offen. This is not an exact dupe for the MSFN but still gives that sheen and is an amazing product! SSeriously you must try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have fallen in love with this powder. i was literally in awe on how matte and flawless it made my skin look after i put it over my foundation. and this is a drugstore product ladies! amazingggg :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gobayram

wow how amazing! this product is beyond awesome at setting foundation!!! i LOVE IT! i don't know why so many people complain about the packaging you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, it just swirls around and there's a mirror inside. anyways it's great and the price is $8.99 but sometimes they are on BOGO or %40 but even if i had to pay the full price i'd still buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by joongielover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite powder in the whole world at the moment! This is my HG powder! It totally mattifies and it feels very smooth on my skin. I love it especially because the color is a great match (not perfect, but close enough). This powder matches my skintone better than all my powders. I have quite a few powders already, and they're all either too light, too pink or both. I have it in Sand, which is a light/medium. It's like a neutral-ish shade that would probably match both pink undertones and yellow/olive undertones.

Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like this. It keeps me looking matte all day. And being a student i don't want to touch up all day and i didn't need to with this. I get medium coverage and because i dont wear foundation this keeps me natural looking but still looking flawless.

The only issue i had with this is: when i bought it i thought the shade was a perfect fit but when i swatched it was way lighter than how it shows in the packaging. I am still able to use it but i might go a shade darker next time.

Over all i love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BleachSoulxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing pressed powder.
    when i feel like my face needs a break from liquid foundation i turned to this. the packaging although strange, its cute! i use the puff when im applying it on my eyes so its more covarge there, and use my skunk bush all over. I take it with me to reapply on my tzone, but only maybe once throughout the day? Anyway wonderful buy, defenet re-purch.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Umm...I'll talk about the performance first. This powder works really well compared to other matte power products I've tried. I have a weird facial skin...still can't tell whether it's really dry or really oily because I have indications of both. But my face gets really shiny after a few hours of having the makeup on. This powder, however, doesn't leave my face so shiny...make no mistake, my face still shines, but it isn't an ugly shine at all. It was like a skin glow! And I didn't have to add more during the day cuz it stays for a good 5-6 hours.

What I don't feel great about the packaging is only the puff applicator. It's not that good and I don't like how it's kept with the mirror. We all know how messy it makes the mirror looks even if you face away the puff from the mirror.

As for price...I got it from CVS when they have a promotion, so it's not that expensive. I certainly paid for the quality powder and nothing else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I am in love with this powder. This absolutely blows MAC blot powder out of the water! I'm an NC35-37 and use this in Honey. The texture is very smooth and silky, doesn't look chalky or powdery on my face at all. It does have some micro-fine shimmers in it...but they are not noticeable on my face at all. Doesn't offer a lot of coverage, but I'm a sheer/light/medium coverage gal anyway so I'm not fussed. I've used this as a foundation and as a setting powder. As a foundation, it worked great for me. Made my skin look evened out and glowy, lasted all day, didn't break me out. As a setting powder, I use it over my MAC face&body foundation or Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer...wow, it looks amazing. I actually look like I have great skin (my skin isn't bad, but this combination makes it look near-flawless).

Doesn't oxidise or change colour throughout the day. I have normal-combo skin and this controls my oil very well. I live in the UK where it never really gets *too* warm to be honest...so I was sceptical when I went back to Brazil to visit my family if this would hold up in the hot summer humidity of Rio de Janeiro...and it did! Lasted all freaking day. Obviously I got a bit shiny, but not oily at all.

Best part is - it's affordable. Best powder I've tried, and I've tried MANY! Would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a light sweep of this over foundation and concealer and woww can you say flawless? I don't use the mirror or puff, I just use a regular powder brush. Keeps me matte and flawless for hours until my end of day touch-up :) and the price is not so bad either!