July 31, 2014 | 1054 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like this. It keeps me looking matte all day. And being a student i don't want to touch up all day and i didn't need to with this. I get medium coverage and because i dont wear foundation this keeps me natural looking but still looking flawless.

The only issue i had with this is: when i bought it i thought the shade was a perfect fit but when i swatched it was way lighter than how it shows in the packaging. I am still able to use it but i might go a shade darker next time.

Over all i love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BleachSoulxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing pressed powder.
when i feel like my face needs a break from liquid foundation i turned to this. the packaging although strange, its cute! i use the puff when im applying it on my eyes so its more covarge there, and use my skunk bush all over. I take it with me to reapply on my tzone, but only maybe once throughout the day? Anyway wonderful buy, defenet re-purch.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Umm...I'll talk about the performance first. This powder works really well compared to other matte power products I've tried. I have a weird facial skin...still can't tell whether it's really dry or really oily because I have indications of both. But my face gets really shiny after a few hours of having the makeup on. This powder, however, doesn't leave my face so shiny...make no mistake, my face still shines, but it isn't an ugly shine at all. It was like a skin glow! And I didn't have to add more during the day cuz it stays for a good 5-6 hours.

What I don't feel great about the packaging is only the puff applicator. It's not that good and I don't like how it's kept with the mirror. We all know how messy it makes the mirror looks even if you face away the puff from the mirror.

As for price...I got it from CVS when they have a promotion, so it's not that expensive. I certainly paid for the quality powder and nothing else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I am in love with this powder. This absolutely blows MAC blot powder out of the water! I'm an NC35-37 and use this in Honey. The texture is very smooth and silky, doesn't look chalky or powdery on my face at all. It does have some micro-fine shimmers in it...but they are not noticeable on my face at all. Doesn't offer a lot of coverage, but I'm a sheer/light/medium coverage gal anyway so I'm not fussed. I've used this as a foundation and as a setting powder. As a foundation, it worked great for me. Made my skin look evened out and glowy, lasted all day, didn't break me out. As a setting powder, I use it over my MAC face&body foundation or Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer...wow, it looks amazing. I actually look like I have great skin (my skin isn't bad, but this combination makes it look near-flawless).

Doesn't oxidise or change colour throughout the day. I have normal-combo skin and this controls my oil very well. I live in the UK where it never really gets *too* warm to be honest...so I was sceptical when I went back to Brazil to visit my family if this would hold up in the hot summer humidity of Rio de Janeiro...and it did! Lasted all freaking day. Obviously I got a bit shiny, but not oily at all.

Best part is - it's affordable. Best powder I've tried, and I've tried MANY! Would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a light sweep of this over foundation and concealer and woww can you say flawless? I don't use the mirror or puff, I just use a regular powder brush. Keeps me matte and flawless for hours until my end of day touch-up :) and the price is not so bad either!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by isa1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder! I love it! I love how it makes my skin look and the color. I bought it in Sand. I was dissapointed with the Dream Liquid Mousse so I was in doubt, but it is way better. It stays on for a long time on my crazy, oily T-Zone. I still have to reapply once in a while, but it doesn't bother me. The only thing I don't like is the cheap puff thing. It sucks and its beginning to smell horribly. I totally recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by EmilyMarie18

When I first opened this product, it looked great: perfect shade, cool packaging, etc. I swatched it on my finger and I found it was scratchy. There's like little bumps in it that are very unpleasant when they hit your skin. I did like the swing out puff holder, but the puff started to smell HORRIBLE after about 2 weeks, so I tried to use a brush. I have very pale skin, and when I put it on it looks orange. The lightest shade too. I would not recommend this, to anyone. The foundation happens to be amazing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by caitlincoulthard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a sort of 'replacement' to my Clinique Almost Powder. I use this to blot throughout the day to save money. As for coverage, I would say it is low to buildable. I simply use it for the purpose of mattifying, but it will cover blemishes somewhat if my concealer wears off a bit. Overall, I like this product. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

I have oily skin, but this product keeps my face from getting shiny! I still blot, and oil is there - but you can't see it on my face (which is amazing). This has become a holy grail product of mine. I use golden beige in the revlon colorstay foundation, and I use the medium 0-1 sand color in this product. I thought it would be too light and considered returning it to get one color up, but because it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The main reason I use it is to set my foundation and to keep my oily face matte throughout the day! The package is cheap, but it doesn't bother me at all. For $6 at Target, I can't really complain. By the way, this product has not made me break out at all. This in conjunction with the revlon colorstay foundation has actually improved my skin. Goodbye bareminerals! I am completely in love with this product!

Edit: March 31, 2010 // I went back and got one color up in Beige 2.0-2.5 and although they are both sheer I must say I like this color better. I'm keeping the other one around for the winter months. Although the color difference does not make a huge difference, I just feel like the Beige is a better fit for me now. By the way, I'm NC30-35 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by geriberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this powder. I have this in Beige (Medium 2-5). I use this as a setting powder for my under eye concealer everyday, and most days I end up applying this all over my face as well. It evens out my skin tone and it mostly conceals the redness around my nose. It has a wonderful matte finish. It does not prevent shine, but it's easy enough to reapply every 4 or so hours. I use the included puff for setting my concealer and my Eco-Tools retractable kabuki brush for all over application. Would definitely purchase again!