Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive had 3 of these so far, and i think its by far the best powder ive ever used. its also amazing for using by its self with out fondation, because it has pretty good coverage. Its only flaw is the packaging, the lids are prettty cheap and im always worried its going to fall off

on 12/20/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't really like to use powders. I find they can sometimes give an unnatural look. I bought this to set my foundation in the shade 001 Transparent. I find it works very, very well at controlling shine & oil on my T-zone. I pair this with my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it works well to keep it on all day.

I find this when applied with a light hand, gives the best finish and is all I need to set the foundation. However, if I apply too much it can emphasize larger pores on my face. So a light hand is key. A little goes a long way with this, and I can see this lasting me litterally years! So it's very good value for money as you get a large amount. The packaging is not so good, I'm always paranoid that the lid is going to come off in my bag and it go everywhere!

As a finishing powder, I like this very much & would repurchase unless I find something better.

on 12/14/2010 9:16:00 PM

I never used to buy powders, I'm mostly fine w/ just foundation ( CG AquaSmooth=great foundation) however with my long work days and oily skin I just needed something to help me look fresher though out the day. So I saw this in the drugstore- saw it said Matte-saw the price, and I said "why not?" I'm very happy w/ this powder, it does help keep my makeup still though out the day and keeps it matte w/o looking dry. It also really minimized my larger pores around my nose. I have it in 001 Transparent. I only gave it 4 stars cause the packaging isn't that great, and it doesn't come w/ a sponge.

on 12/10/2010 12:30:00 PM

I really like this powder. I don't need very much coverage, I use tinted moisturizer from clinique and just wanted something to set it with, this is perfect. It takes away all the oil and shine from my face, and lasts almost all day. It doesn't irritate my face or clog my pores, I haven't broken out once while using this powder. I use 005-silky beige which is a perfect match to my skintone. I took off one star because i HATE the packaging. It doesn't really close all the way where it snaps, so i have to keep it flat on the bottom of my makeup bag. But, it's still worth getting if you need minimal coverage, just something to take care of the shinyness. But if you're looking for something kinda heavy with a lot of coverage, this isn't for you! I recently ran out, and i'm getting more today!

on 12/4/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been using this off and on for about 3 or 4 years. Nothing to complain about.

I really like this product. It gives my skin a nice feel to it and it leaves my face with a nice matte finish. I wish it gave more coverage, though, which is why I gave it a 4 and not a 5.

on 11/29/2010 5:58:00 PM

Iíve had this powder compact in transparent lying around in one of my make-up drawers for a while now, I had no intentions of trying it and couldnít even remember how I required but decided to keep it at hand just in case I ever needed it as a backup or something. Iím pretty glad I did as I lose my Mac powder so decided to give this a whirl. Overall I have to say Iím pretty impressed by this powder especially for the price. I applied a very thin layer of powder all over my face in the morning, I noticed immediately that it set my face with a matte finish almost instantly, it gave me very little to no coverage but I wasnít looking for coverage anyway. Even though it claims to be transparent it does seem to lighten your face but only very slightly. Anyways to cut a long story short this powder costs 4 pounds and is definitely worth it, there are definitely better powders out there but if your strapped for cash, have this as a back up or are just a drugstore girl then this is for you!

on 11/28/2010 1:46:00 AM

This is now my HG setting powder. i bought it in translucent just because i wanted a translucent setting powder and thats exactly what i got. this stuff is amazingly cheap and for me it stays on my skin and continues to absorb oil all day. no need for touch ups! i took away 1 point cause the packaging is so bad, you couldnt take it with you in your purse because the lid comes off so easily. other than that i loooove it!

on 11/27/2010 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really enjoy this product. I use when I want a nice matte finish, or before dance so i dont get to sweaty. I also use it to blend my eyeshadow.

on 11/10/2010 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product in 003 Peach Glow because all the other pale colours seemed too yellow on my skin; even 001 Transparent looked strange. My skin tone is quite fair and neutral to cool with pink undertones.
I put it on and was quite pleased with the results. It really does look quite peachy, but not in a way that is too warm for my skin. Ideally, it would be a little on the cooler side which is why I won't be buying this one again, but it's usable. Unfortunately, I have to reapply it if I want it to stay on, but it does its job and keeps me looking very matte.
Also, make sure you moisturise before using this and don't have any dry patches of skin!
It would be nice if this came with an applicator, but it's not such a big deal because it's quite cheap and the package fits my small sponge in it.

Popular Pressed Powders