December 22, 2014 | 1961 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by mmmakeup

Its oil control is average, with light coverage and no strong fragrance (to my nose at least). I buffed it on with a flat top badger brush, but it didn't really sink into my skin- it sat on top and looked powdery. About an hour later, once my skin had produced a bit more oil, the powdery look settled down.

I give this 1 star because it did look ok on, but it seriously broke me out. Within a few hours of putting it on for the 1st time, my chin was covered in white pimples and the rest of my face was red and irritated. Let my skin clam down and tried it again a few days later, just to check. It did exactly the same :(

Summary: Don't use this if you're sensitive to bismuth! But if not, try it, its cheap and it might look less powdery on someone fairer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by shorty1996

i love this powder!! <3 <3
i bought it at walmart for a very cheep price ;)
my colors in silky beige, theres not a big color selection
it doesnt control my oil up to 5 hours like it says
it controls maybe for 3 hours but thats cool
i put this on to set my concealer cuz i dont use foundation, and it gets the job done!
i hate the packaging, but love the product!
i wont buy again cuz i dont like getting the same things again haha lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jenniferelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting this to be really bad after buying the new stay matte foundation because i was disappointed with that, but i actually quite like this powder. I have it in silky beige and it gives a nice finish. Great price too, i think i got this for about 3-4 on offer.
Not bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

I love, love, love this pressed powder!! I have it in Sandstorm and it matches my skin color pretty nicely. Lately it's been getting cooler and less humid where I live, so this powder has been lasting me all day without getting oily! It makes my skin look a lot smoother, matte, and even. A big bonus, for me, is that this powder doesn't break me out AT ALL. Packaging sucks. The lid comes off very easily and not very ideal to take around with you... but at the price I get it for, I have no complaints. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by illustratedmom

I have super oily skin and was looking for a powder that wasn't too heavy. I found this at Target for $5 and bought the transparent. It works great for the price and is not too heavy. It doesn't really stay matte for 5 hours, more like 2 or 3, but for the price I can live with that. It is smooth and looks natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by littleboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't find this powder THAT good at all... i have seen rave reviews on it, so i went and re-purchased it (I hadn't used it since I was a clueless teenager starting out with makeup). My skin has become quite oily of late and I am willing to try anything to keep the shine at bay!

I use this powder over Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin. I first dust the powder on gently with my MAC 150 brush then I pat some more powder around my nose, chin, and forehead with a Cosmopolitan synthetic sponge. I find I am oily again within 2 hours. I don't believe in leaving products to grow old and mouldy so I will continue to use this until I hit the pan but I doubt I will be repurchasing this.

Also, the lid is not good. A screw-top or a secure pop-top lid would be much better than the on that is presently on it. The lid is flimsy and comes off so easily, therefore I cannot carry this with me in my bag.

*sigh* My hunt for the perfect shine-controller continues! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i bouht this at target cause i needed a powder but i didn't have a whole lot of money this was like 5 bucks and its bigger than most powders its .49 oz so i thought it was a good deal its a pretty good powder really i use this for setting my foundation i have it in the color silky beige i wouldn"t use this alone it wouldn"t really do much but it works great for what i use it for and gets the job done

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Rimmel was BOGOF at walgreens, and i needed a mascara so i grabbed a mascara, in hurry. I needed a powder foundation, so i grabbed the powder in 004 Sandstorm. It matches my NW20 skin perfectly! i don't like very high coverage, so this is PERFECT! it goes on very evenly, and it leaves my face softer than ever. i have semi oily skin, due to being a teen, so it does great with the oily factor. even though it was free, i would buy again, and again!

packaging: i'd prefer it in compact form, at the moment, it only has a lift able lid, it isnt even twist able on there, so its not very secure, not good for travel.

i would DEFINATLY recommend it to anyone! great for low coverage!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by spaghetty

it's very matte, leaves my skin feeling smooth. Although, I have to apply on a loose powder afterwards because the coverage on this matte powder is not so great. I don't have horrible skin though, so this product is good for me.
I would rebuy again only because it's working for me right now but in the near future, I might move on to something else.

*this powder is good for those who tend to have oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by i_heart_ck_ls_of_nb

This is now my HG touch-up powder! I always used to use NYC translucent powder, but they've stopped carrying it where I live, and I've heard that this powder is much better in terms of lasting power, and I really needed that!
I always used to reapply powder after EVERY class (about one hour), because I live in Arizona, and I have THE oiliest skin ever!!! Anyways, this stuff is great for me; this keeps oil off my face for around 2-3 hours, depending on where I am, and how much I apply.
The price is quite cheap, especially if you buy it when it's on sale for BOGOF, and as for the packaging...I'm not gonna lie, it is quite suckish, but as long as the product is worth it, I don't mind.
I actually removed the mirror from my old NYC powder and super-glued it to the lid of this Rimmel Powder.. the only thing is now the packaging doesn't fully close since my powder puff and mirror take up a lot of space, hence why I stuff it in a tight space in my backpack. Anyways, I definitely recommend this if you have oily skin, and you're on a budget. :)

For reference, I'm a GGG, around an NC37-NC42