July 24, 2014 | 1996 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mimi033

My HG pressed powder!
I bring this to school, and I love it!
It's great after P.E, it soaks up the oil great!
I have this in 005 Sliky Beige and it matches my skin great! It makes my skin glow! And minimizes my pores as well!
Must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

For years now I have tended to steer clear of Rimmel's makeup products mainly b/c when they came out I wasn't impressed with a lot of the products I tried (ie. eyeshadows, mascara etc). So when I was looking for a new powder I checked MUA and this one kept coming up so I picked it up on sale for $3 at my local drugstore.
This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder out there right now. I cannot believe the quality of it and how well it sits on your skin. 5 hour coverage is a stretch, but when it goes on, it goes on smooth and holds well and controls shine well. Totally worth the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by kimlan720

I think this is a great product. Yes, it doesn't deliver what it says it can, "shine free up to 5 hrs" but it still does a pretty good job, this is the first product I've found that controls my oily skin. It has definitely become a staple product for me. My only complaint would be the packaging...if it came in a compact w/ mirror, my life would be much easier.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by 1995shand

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is a pretty good powder!! :) I would purchase again, even thought the packing sucks. A lot of people say their lids falls off in their makeup bag but all you have to do is twist the lid a little and it will stay on! People also say it makes your skin look dry, I have dry skin but my t-zone is very oily and it doesnt make my skin loo dry, when applied to my t-zone it gets rid of all the oil :) i got mine at shoppers drug mart on sale for $4.99 but at regular price is about $6. Overall is a decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by arandmon

This is an ok product. I'm on my 3rd one so i guess it;s all right. I like this pwder because it gives me a finished look. I use it as a setting powder to set my liquid foundation. What I don;t like about it is that I have to reapply it after 2 or 3 hrs. It says it controls oil for 5 hrs. not true at least for me. I tend to get oly skin as it gets hotter and this product controls oil for a few hrs only. Super cheap, packaging sucks, good for people with not so oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by BerrymintCharm

i have this in the shade 001 transparent, it claims that it controls shine for up to 5 hours on the back of the package, even though that is not completely true, it's still very impressive, 2-3 hours is pretty good for a drugstore product that doesn't break me out, feels silky on the skin and gives me a nice complexion.

although in the winter time, if you are to use this product, don't forget to moisturize, because it does tend to show your dry patches!!

EDITTT: So i used this for a while and..yes of course it would end up breaking me out right...? i'm really disappointed in this and am not happy that i wasted my money. but this is still a good product, i still recommend it to others, it's just not for myself :(

overall, a 5/5, i believe there are better products out there, but this will do for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Transparent and the slight color it gives matches my fair with yellow undertones skin perfectly. I use it to set my liquid, mousse or mineral foundations. I wish I could carry it with me for touch-ups but the container does not allow for that. It has a flimsy plastic lid that easily comes off and there is no mirror or space for a powder puff. The price is great and the color is very similar to Sephora's D10 pressed powder (which also doesn't have a mirror so I think I'll be saving my $ and buying this Rimmel one from now on).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I really like this product. It keeps everything in place and it's a good price. I would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by blink182girl03

I love this powder!! I just don't like the packaging but other then that I will definetly buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

Color: I have this in transparent, so no color
Texture: Very smooth and blendable
Finish: Not cakey at all, absorbs oil pretty well, not for a long time but it makes my skin looks polished
Packaging: No brush or mirror, I like this kind of packaging because you get a lot more product
Value: Very good, it's ~$5 and it's a great powder
Overall: I would recommend it to anyone with oily skin to set your makeup or touch up during the day, it's a very natural-looking powder, you cannot tell if anything's even on your face, other than the fact that the oil is gone =]