November 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I bought this to use for touch ups at work. Overall, I think it works pretty well. I blot my face with a Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheet first, and then brush on the powder to my T-zone. I stay "fresh" for a couple of hours.

My biggest complaint about this is the packaging. The lid will not stay on! Just a poor design. The idea is there - you're supposed to be able to twist the lid into place, but the groove is so shallow - the lid just pops right off. I would not carry this around in my purse or make-up bag. It lays flat in my drawer until I need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by allisonspalace

This is my second pan and I will continue to buy more.
Here's my daily routine:
1)Prime.
2)Conceal.
3)Foundation.
4) Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

So far, this hasn't failed me. The packaging doesn't bother me considering I don't carry it with me. I don't feel the need to because it keeps me nice and matte throughout the day. I took off one lippie because if you use it daily it runs out quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear this powder in 001 Transparent, as I don't like my powder to add any colour to my skin. For the price, it's a real bargain - it is a good consistency and doesn't give a 'powdery' or ashy look. Doesn't last on my oily T-zone for more than a couple of hours though, and as other reviewers have said, the packaging makes it difficult to throw in your bag for quick touch-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also use this powder and Im another believer in it:)Yes,I do hate the package but what I do is..tie an elastic around the container,so that you can keep it in your purse.And that seems to work for me:)I work 8 hour shifts,so I might and might not have to reaply.Will I purchase this again?You betcha!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder goes on so silky and un-powdery it's great! Sets makeup perfectly without looking cakey or I guess...powdery.

As far as the packaging, it could really use powder puff AND a lid that stays on. But since it doesn't, I don't reapply during the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the performance of this powder. On my 42 year old face, it doesn't look too powdery, which is so aging, it doesn't cake up, it does control the oilies pretty well. I usually apply another sweep in the late afternoon though, so the mattifying effect doesn't last all day for me. I bought the transparent shade. My only complaint with the product is the packaging. Like many others have said, it's very strange. It looks like it is supposed to screw closed, but it doesn't stay closed. If you wanted to put this in your handbag, this would definitely present you with some difficulties. I just keep it in my makeup drawer, so I haven't had a problem with that yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by redqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging sucks, doesn't have room for a sponge and lid falls off. The powder is amazing and cheap, which makes up for all of this! As long as you keep it in a snug place in your bag it will be fine. Buy it and you won't be sorry... for $4 or so you can't expect it to be perfect, but as long as the actual product works it's worth it too me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

This is an ok powder. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not a bad powder at that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I got it in 004 Sandstorm which doesn't seem to add much color to my face, which is good. It makes my face matte and removes shine without looking chalky or cakey at all. I tried Blot Powder by MAC before this and, honestly, they work exactly the same and this is 5x cheaper. I will certainly continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't realise how good this powder was until I switched brands. It keeps my skin almost perfectly matte for up to three hours, which is remarkable considering my skin normally resembles an oil slick. I use it in translucent. It gives a little extra coverage and sets my foundation perfectly, and doesn't look chalky, heavy or flaky. I only have to touch up once a day, twice if it's sunny or extremely rainy. The only complaint I have is the packaging, it's really flimsy, the lid doesn't stay on and I've opened my makeup bag to find powder over everything before, so I usually tape the lid down to prevent that. And you haven't got much to lose as it's dirt cheap.