September 19, 2014 | 1886 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by productlady58

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great powder!! Doesn't offer coverage but DOES offer oil control. Seems to almost absorb the oil before it manifests itself as shine on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by macless13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm rating this as an oil-control product and not as a foundation, as some people have been considering it. I don't expect coverage from this. The oil-control is great though! It makes my skin appear much smoother and matte. Before I used this, my noise (my problem area) was always oily and broke out all the time (I'm 16). I can't remember the last time I haven't had a zit on my nose (before I purchased this). Now my nose very rarely gets breakouts because it isn't oily with this on. I stopped using it in the summer because I didn't put on makeup every day, and my nose started breaking out again. I used it everyday after that, and my nose was fine. I will continue to buy this <3

(EDIT) This lasted me several hours, but NYC translucent powder kept me matte all day. I didn't know face powder had that kind of potential. I'm docking one lippie because there is a cheaper, better alternative

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful setting powder! True to its name, it stays matte and doesn't cake or look chalky on me. I like this better than my LG oil blotting powder, and that's saying a lot. It performs better and lasts longer at one-fifth the price. Thank you, MUA recessionistas extradinaire! Makeup shopping would be bewildering without you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word - FANTASTIC! I can not believe I've spent the $$ on Chanel and MAC powder when this gem was sitting at Walmart all along and $4 to boot! I just blot this baby on and I'm good. NO breakouts and really helps with my shine as I am very oily. I am impressed and will continue to buy until Rimmel no longer sells it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by rysskayaprincess

After researching on the best pressed powders out there, I have decided to purchase the most cheapest product and make up company I have never used before. Risky, hell yes :) I have oily skin and usually no matter what I use on my skin, my face gets very oily after a few hours and nothing seems to keep it looking shine free. I usually never settle down for drugstore brands as they never live up to their standards and end up purchasing high end make up brands. After doing my homework on pressed powders, I went off and bought this product for a very cheap price :) the packaging is very simple and doesnt come with a mirror or an applicator. This wasent a problem as I prefer to use my own make up brushes and it is cheap so I wasent expecting alot. The colour selection also looked good as there was a choice to match your skin perfectly. I purchased the 001 (transparent) as I just wanted something to battle with my shiny t-zone. I applied this powder after my tinted moisturizer with a kabuki brush. It covered my pores well and gave me a much more flawless look. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and my skin can still breath which is a bonus for me. I cant tell how well this powder would control my oily skin but so far im amazed on how good it looks, how cheap it is and it actually is better than a high end pressed powder I have used before :) something like dior? I will update in a few days the lasting power of this and how well it keeps the skin looking matte. X

UPDATE: After applying this powder for a few days and seeing what it is really like, I must say that Im not really impressed. I have oily skin and it doesn't keep my skin looking matte for long. I would say it keeps it looking shine free for around two hours :( and then I would have to re-apply which is a pain and makes me look abit done up then. Im not sure if my tinted moisturizer is making my skin look this oily but at the moment I wouldnt say that this powder is HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a fair-to-medium-skinned Eastern Asian and I got this in Sandstorm (004), though I think Silky Beige (005) may have been a better match.

This powder might work for some people, but it definitely doesn't work for me. I have dry, flaky, sensitive skin, and this further aggravated it. However, I give it 3 lippies for giving medium (but not very buildable) coverage and for staying put.

Edit: I mixed some alcohol and glycerin into it (actually, I put hand sanitizer in it because I had to mix in some other pressed powder that broke), and it doesn't dry out my skin as much. Do this at your own risk, though! The powder actually became finer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by InStereo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Chalky, if you apply too much.
Blocks shine for a reasonable amount of time.
Packaging can be annoying for on the go touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

This is a great matte powder -- very flattering finish and perfect for touch ups or to use as a light powder foundation. But I had to take a lippie off for the packaging -- a pressed powder in non-compact form and without a mirror is a pain in the ass to use easily. Fortunately these are cheap enough that I have them stashed everywhere: one in my desk drawer, one in my handbag, one in my makeup kit at home, etc. Just be sure to stash a mirror and a puff or brush when you try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff works. I have oily skin and I sweat easily. I put this over my Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 36 and I'm matte/slightly dewy for the whole day. I just went out for brunch, walked my dogs for 30 minutes in 26 degree Celsius heat, and started a load of laundry in the hot and humid laundromat down the block from my house. I'm only a little dewy, no sweat shine whatsoever (which is more than I can say for my MSF Natural powder in medium plus). Yes, the packaging sucks, but I don't carry around in my purse anyway (and if I needed to, I'd just put a rubber band around it). I'm NC35-37, and I bought the shade Sandstorm. Highly recommended. And it's a d/s brand!!!

P.S. I prefer to use the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush to put this on. It picks up enough product, whereas my standard face powder brush just doesn't pick up enough product to combat the shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kelspo

this was a great buy for summer! i dont like wearing a lot of makeup in the summer, so to control my oil, this was perfect. it was light but still covered pretty good for a pressed powder. when i had sun burn, this definitely took away a good bit of the redness.however, the translucent shade made my skin look a little paler than usual, so it's not 100% translucent.