October 30, 2014 | 1106 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder goes on so silky and un-powdery it's great! Sets makeup perfectly without looking cakey or I guess...powdery.

As far as the packaging, it could really use powder puff AND a lid that stays on. But since it doesn't, I don't reapply during the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the performance of this powder. On my 42 year old face, it doesn't look too powdery, which is so aging, it doesn't cake up, it does control the oilies pretty well. I usually apply another sweep in the late afternoon though, so the mattifying effect doesn't last all day for me. I bought the transparent shade. My only complaint with the product is the packaging. Like many others have said, it's very strange. It looks like it is supposed to screw closed, but it doesn't stay closed. If you wanted to put this in your handbag, this would definitely present you with some difficulties. I just keep it in my makeup drawer, so I haven't had a problem with that yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by redqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging sucks, doesn't have room for a sponge and lid falls off. The powder is amazing and cheap, which makes up for all of this! As long as you keep it in a snug place in your bag it will be fine. Buy it and you won't be sorry... for $4 or so you can't expect it to be perfect, but as long as the actual product works it's worth it too me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

This is an ok powder. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not a bad powder at that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I got it in 004 Sandstorm which doesn't seem to add much color to my face, which is good. It makes my face matte and removes shine without looking chalky or cakey at all. I tried Blot Powder by MAC before this and, honestly, they work exactly the same and this is 5x cheaper. I will certainly continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't realise how good this powder was until I switched brands. It keeps my skin almost perfectly matte for up to three hours, which is remarkable considering my skin normally resembles an oil slick. I use it in translucent. It gives a little extra coverage and sets my foundation perfectly, and doesn't look chalky, heavy or flaky. I only have to touch up once a day, twice if it's sunny or extremely rainy. The only complaint I have is the packaging, it's really flimsy, the lid doesn't stay on and I've opened my makeup bag to find powder over everything before, so I usually tape the lid down to prevent that. And you haven't got much to lose as it's dirt cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does what it says! Takes the shine away I've been told that your powder should be 3 shades lighter than your foundation, and following that advice I chose Sandstorm and the shade is perfect. I do have a problem with the fact that the lid doesn't screw on and doesn't seem like it snaps on either it just kind of sits there. So far it hasn't come off in my makeup bag, but I can see how it would. Overall a good product that I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm constantly on the lookout for the best kind of shine reducing light powder, even though I have loved and been (fairly) faithful to MAC Blot for years and years. When I came across reviews for Rimmel's Stay Matte, I didn't have anything to lose but about $5 CDN, so I went and purchased it. And I am quite pleasantly surprised.

For my NC25-30 skin, I went with Transparent. Keep in mind I have a very oily complexion, so what I do may be overkill for some. What I do is blot with Shiseido's blotting papers first, and then take my small MAC kabuki and dust on Stay Matte over my nose, cheeks and forehead. It is so silky, and never cakes. My skin looks glowy, not flat, and while there's not a lot of coverage, it still evens out any subtle redness. I'm impressed.

One complaint I have, however, is the packaging. I can stand having no applicator (I don't use them anyway) but to have it in anything other than a compact form seems silly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder for daily touchups. Didn't care for it at all. I found it heavy/cakey regardless if I applied it with a puff or brush. Noticed a few clogged pores too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by believemetoo

I bought this inexpensive pressed powder in 'Peach Glow'. NEVER has a powder matched my skin so perfectly and kept my oily nose as matte as this.