Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/1/2010 9:36:00 AM

This stuff is okay but not the best Iíve tried. I believe the packaging says itíll keep your face matte for 5 or 6 hours; if I make it 3 hours, Iím lucky. I do like the packaging but wish the product itself actually did what itís supposed to. The powder also has a very small amount of shimmer/sparkle to it; itís not very noticeable, I only noticed it when I had a mirror right up to my face. I wonít be repurchasing this powder as Iíve found a different setting powder that might just be my HG. My possible HG powder is the Cover Girl clean oil control pressed powder; Iím still testing it out but so far I love it.

on 3/31/2010 5:22:00 AM

This is my first pressed powder but I used it as a setting powder and it's worth the money! It minimize my pores, set my makeup and gives a matte finish which stays for 6 hours, after that which needs some blotting and touch up. However the package is a sore to me, it does not close. And it's not available in town so I had to get through drugstore. :(

on 3/31/2010 2:53:00 AM

I have this in translucent, and while it doesn't affect the way my foundation looks, and lets my foundation settle quite nicely, I feel like it's too dry for my cheeks. It definitely accentuates any dryness, and doesn't control oil too well (I would still have to blot throughout the day). So I would not repurchase.

on 3/28/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this in translucent to set my sunscreen and/or foundation in the a.m. It's finely milled so goes on smoothly and doesn't look cakey. Nothing will keep me matte for hours, but this works as well as any other powder and better than many I've tried. I'm not wild about the packaging, as it's not something you can toss in your purse and flip open when you want, but it's fine sitting on the bathroom counter. It's not heavily scented, which is great, and the color stays true throughout the day. I will repurchase.

on 3/14/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been searching for a pressed powder that would give natural smooth appearance and this is it. I used this years ago and strayed because of the odd packaging but decided to try it again. I like the coverage and it doesnt appear cakey or too harsh looking. I cant understand how the packaging passed quality control though, no powder puff included which is fine cuz I use a fluffier one than is usually included anyways. The lid doesnt stay on , this should be in a compact style and I am surprised with all the complaints the company hasnt changed it. I use translucent which works great. For the price this is a winner.

on 3/12/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am extremely impressed with this prouduct. I'm also very surprised at how much I liked it. This powder truly keeps your face looking matte throughout the day with very little touch ups. It has a great finish too. I love how inexpensive it is, and I'll definitely be repurchasing for that very reason. Not too crazy about the quality of the packaging, but that's really my only compliant.

on 3/12/2010 11:08:00 AM

I purchased this while CVS was having a BOGO so i got it for $3 and i actually really like it! I got it in translucent and it really is translucent. I have an oily t-zone it controls it somewhat but not completely but obviously no powder can really keep oil at bay %100...for a drugstore product this is amazing! I used it with my MAC 134 and it picks up the powder beautifully. I swiped it twice on my forehead and down my nose, i think it's great for the price. Everyone should give it a try. I took 1 lippie off because i'm not crazy about the packaging..its not something i can just put in my purse because the top does not securely snap or twist on. Overall, it is a good powder for the price and does control oil to a point, i would repurchase this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not crazy about this powder.I bought this because everyone and their sister was hyping it up about how this was just like MAC's blot powder,blah,blah,blah.I got it in translucent,but there is color there.It's packed really hard,making it difficult to pick up the powder,even with a fluffy brush.I don't like those powder puffs that you always get with pressed powder and this one didn't come with one,so I bought some thinking it might go on better.The puffs didn't help any.Caked the product on and it was impossible to blend it out.It doesn't control shine any and if I use this more than once in a day I just get the heavy powder look.I don't like being able to see layers of powder on my skin.I have not had the problem with the top coming off like alot of people are complaining about,but I did rate the packaging quality a 1 because the ingredients are not listed on it.I don't like that and I can't find them anywhere online.I like to know what I'm putting on my face.I know there is fragrance in this because there is a heavy smell coming from it that will not fade even after an hour.

on 3/12/2010 10:41:00 AM

This is my favorite Powder of all time! I use this as my everyday foundation, I never use "real" foudation on a everyday basis, only when I go out at night or my skin is not in the best condition. I only use this every morning and it is completly fine. This pared with my maybelline mineral power concealer is the perfect everyday combination and I love it. It gives my the right amount of coverage and it looks not cakey. If you use foundation this is really good as a setting powder.
I'm using this for many many years, i'ts cheap (even in germany - where I live) and by using it every day one container lasts 6 month!
xoxo

on 3/10/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i actually use this as a setting powder and it's matte so it does the job. as a press powder, it would definitely suck.

Video Reviews & Tutorials