Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 2/27/2011 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skintype: Acne/clog-prone, sensitive, normal-dry.

I always use a powder after applying sunscreen, to matte it out and generally set it. MAC Blot pressed is my favorite but now I can't afford it - especially since I go through powder really fast. So I'm on the hunt for a nice drugstore powder to replace MAC Blot. I got Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent. Very decently priced at 3.99, good size as well. I don't have oily skin so I can't really comment on how effective it is at controlling sebum. First thing I noticed about this is that it ISN'T transparent. It definitely has color and thus coverage - that was disappointing for me as I prefer completely translucent powders. Having said that, I find it's very comfortable on the skin, doesn't accentuate imperfections, sets makeup/sunscreen well and of course perhaps most importantly for me, hasn't contributed to any breakouts or clogs. I would buy again.

Ingredients:
TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 7749

on 2/26/2011 3:36:00 PM

I have this in transparent. I've also used pressed powders from Cover Girl and Maybelline, and this works a bit better for me. I hate the lid to this, however, it never feels like it's on securely. And so I end up playing with it for awhile because I "think" I don't have it on just right. OCD, probably. Anyway, I use this along with the Hide the Blemish ivory concealer, and both seem to be working out better than the other things that I've used. It's not the best, but what is? I haven't found it yet!I have SUCH oily-acne prone skin that I just don't think anything is ever going to become a dream product for me! And I've tried a BUNCH! Anyway, the powder is light and goes on lightly. I like that. I don't look like I have anything on, well except for the concealer because that is a bit lighter than I expected. This powder lasts a bit longer than others I've used, but I still get OILY. This just does a bit better at mopping up all the grease. So, until I can find anything better, I'm sticking with this stuff. Price was also nice. I find it stays true throughout the day, as well. I mean, I don't get any "orange" funkiness with this. I also haven't broke out using this stuff(ahem, Cover Girl!). UPDATE: It is drying! And chalky. Again, as with their concealer, TOO light! And I'm light!

on 2/11/2011 3:37:00 PM

edit: I am NC25, C2 and I use this in Sandstorm. A perfect match but I'm pretty sure this is a forgiving product as it is very sheer.

Finally tried this after swearing I found my HG pressed powder in the maybelline dream matte. I'm so glad I did, because this is better than maybelline in mattifying. That's the key thing I look for in a pressed powder as I have an oily t-zone, and this has been the best so far, compared to maybelline, loreal, body shop, clinique, Dior and mac.

The best way to apply this is with a brush, I keep my bare escentuals retractable kabuki in my makeup bag. It will give you a nice matte finish, not to deathly matte nor heavy. Do not buy this for pigementation, think of it as a sheer wash of matte goodness which will keep your face in the middle of matte and glowy for a good four hours. Even at the end of the four, though you might feel oily and want to blot/reapply, your face will not look as oily as you feel.

As for the packaging, I know that bothers people but to me, it has never come loose or broken in my purse. I actually prefer this to the maybelline packaging as it is more sleek and thin. I bought a powder puff and keep it in the case (there is enough space in the lid) for times when I don't want to use a brush.

The price us cheaper than maybelline and you get more product, too. I won't call this my HG as I'll probably inevitably try something new when I get bored but this is a great pressed powder. If the market stopped as right now, I would definitely use this for the rest of my life.

Looks great over the rimmel stay matte liquid foundation as well if you are oily all over rather than combination. Would definitely buy again and has replaced all my other powders. You can use it as a setting powder as well :)

it didn't break me out and has a slight fragrance, but nothing that bothers me that much.

If you're looking for a matte finish or touchup compact, definitely try this! It has its more expensive mac or Dior counterparts beaten by far!

on 2/6/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought it in shade Transparent. I wasn't really expecting miracles since it was only 3.99, but it is still very good. It stops shine and keeps my foundation & concealer lasting longer. If I apply too much it can turn me orange (probably because it clings to my foundation) but I don't use too much. I apply it with a blusher brush then a little more with a kabuki. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a cheap powder that does the job.

on 2/3/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does help soak up the oils on my face, but this powder transfers worse than any powder I've used! After using my phone, I can see the powder (and the oil it soaks up!) all over the screen of my phone, so I have to clean it after each use. The packaging is really flimsy and feels cheap, but the amount of product you get for the price is pretty generous. I'm giving it two stars and will try to finish it, but I think I'm going to go back to using my Lancome Oscillation Powerfoundation with a fluffy brush.

on 2/2/2011 4:51:00 PM

I really love this powder! It's more of a finishing powder, but I use it for very light coverage. All I need is a dusting, paired up with a beauty powder and I've gotten quite a lot of compliments on my skin! I dislike the packaging and the color selection. I wish it had more shades so I could use it in the summer too. Great powder, feels great and looks natural. Win!

on 2/1/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this powder for my T-zone! Out of all the powder I've tried, this is absolutely the best! It keeps my oil controlled all day, and that's a lot to say because I have VERY oily skin. The only downsides about this is that there are only 5 shades and are very light, you need to really buff this in or use a darker on top if you're darker. Also, the packaging isn't very good; the top will come off if you aren't careful. But other than that, this powder is amazing.

on 1/27/2011 5:05:00 AM

Great,no mess love the coverage as it covers my large pores well around nose/chin.Matt finish,great for combination/oily skin type.Try this with a good powder brush and you will not be disappointed!.

on 1/26/2011 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have to agree with the consensus- this is great powder. I was a longtime adherent to loose translucent powder. When my last jar of it was depleted, I started using Rimmel's SM powder I had for touch-ups to set my makeup. I am very pleased.

I'm also an NC20 but prefer to use a light application of 005 silky Beige over 001 Transparent. I'm sure I'm breaking some rule, but It keeps me from looking to pasty, IMO.

This is the best beauty buy that there is! I have literally been through at least 6 of these already and just can't get enough. I am super picky when it comes to powders and usually have to go for the pricier brands, but this one works just as well, if not better than the department store powders. It's smooth and never makes my skin too dry. The lightest shade is also perfect for my skin tone so there's extra love there! For $4.00, you can't go wrong with this drugstore buy!

NOTE: The reason I gave the packaging quality a 2 is because the lid can easily come off if you don't twist it all the way. It also doesn't come with an applicator, which doesn't bother me, but I know some women like to carry their powder with them.