Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/12/2010 3:29:00 PM

LOVING this stuff! It works as well as MAC without the exhorbitant price tag & without breaking me out(Yes, MAC actually breaks me out if you can believe that!). Yes, I need to touch it up a few times a day, but it lasts WAY longer than any other powder I've tried. The price is right, $4 at Wally World for a VERY generous amount(about half an ounce), It doesn't cake up & look gross, I don't think the fragrance is really necessary but it doesn't cause any problems(and it's not offensive), and the only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's not even the fact that its a 2-piece container, but they need to include a puff & a mirror.

on 5/9/2010 4:58:00 PM

This seems o.k. but I guess I'm disappointed. I was looking for an alternative to my MAC Blot powder which I have used for probably 10 years now. I picked this up at CVS because they were having a sale. I got the Translucent color which is, indeed translucent. It seems to hold back oil but not nearly as well as Blot does for me. I had to reapply every couple of hours which just doesn't work for me. I am willing to do a midday reapply but I don't want to have to check the mirror 10 times a day to see if I have oil breakthrough. I'm too busy for that. I'll use this up but will continue to look for some better options. (Edit: I'm talking this down to 2 lipsticks. It just doesn't do a good job at controlling oil on my face. I am constantly having to reapply.)

on 5/7/2010 7:19:00 PM

I bought this mattifying powder to....mattify my face. However, when I walked out of walgreens and opened the package in the sunlight I noticed a very light shimmer in the powder. Why would a powder that claimed to take away shine put shine inducing shimmer into the product? I have pores I'd like to make look smaller, not inhance them with shimmer. I even went into the store and wiped off the top layer of the powder with a paper towel and had the counter girl look at it, and yep, packed with a very fine shimmer, almost only visible in sunlight. Hey, maybe all pressed powders have a fine shimmer but I've never noticed and it really turned me off!

on 5/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

My skin isn't at all oily, so I jsut brush a small amount of this over my make up, and I find it really effective for keeping everything in place. My main use for this product is to set lipstick. In "Transparent" ot is sheer enough to seal my lipstick without altering the colour. The packaging is a let down, as it makes it difficult to carry around. I find this product excellent value for money, and love it over lipstick.

on 5/5/2010 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product (Silky Beige, although I always tell myself I could go one shade lighter) for the past 6 years. Rimmel has recently rebranded this item to include "Natural Shine Control with Natural Minerals". I was a little sceptical when I saw the rebranding and hoped they hadn't added any harsh ingredients, but luckily, they didn't.

I apply this powder after applying my cream foundation just to take away any instant shine around my nose and mouth.

Unfortunately, the "shine control" only lasts a couple of hours before I have a shiny t-zone again. I end up having to re-apply this powder about twice a day, but thankfully it doesn't cake your face and make you look overly made-up.

If I could find a better powder that controls my shine for longer than a couple of hours then I may switch, but I've used this for so long now, I'm scared of changing it and having a bad reaction to something else as my skin is very sensitive and prone to break-outs.

I recommend this though as it's a lovely finish, doesn't cake and leaves me with a matte finish, even if it is just temporary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite powder of all time! I use it over my PF healthy wear TM spf50 and I love it because it gives a natural finish, I use Sandstorm...& I apply with ecotools powder brush. And I've had no skin issues when using this. I don't care that the packaging has no mirror or sponge, because i don't need to blot my face often, and when I do I just go to the bathroom or use the passenger mirror (: I will never stray from this, as long as Rimmel never discontinues...

This is also my HG powder, its a staple in my makeup bin. I started wearing it when it first came out. I noticed that it was the only makeup line that had the perfect colors for my skintone. So, i would wear the lighter color in the winter and switch to the darker shade in the summer. I LOVE the consistency, it is not cakey or drying and it has never broke my skin out. 5 out of 5 for this product. However i wish it came with a compact applicator. So i always have to buy powder puffs to use with it.

on 4/25/2010 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really really like this powder. For oil prone skin and visible pores, this is the best drugstore powder you'll get! It sets makeup very well and I love the finish it gives. It does not accentuate the look of pores it actually makes them appear smaller, and it keeps you matte for as long as a powder possible can! HG for sure!

on 4/23/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

If there were a 'maybe I would buy this again' option I would pick that

I got this as a transcluscent set/touch up powder and it is not bad.

however it looks very powdery and is not transcluscnet but actually quite alabaster.

I am fair so it kind of works but I end up using it on my neck whenever I wear a foundation that is a light but I flush in the neck and chest. I do sometimes use it on my face too.

I like the scent but it is not necessary

at first I thought I did not like this but I hit pan on it so I guess I did.

on 4/23/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was looking for a translucent setting powder that would leave a matte finish and this does it for me; it does come out slightly pale but not too much to give a ghastly look. The packaging would be inconvenient to carry around as the lid comes off easily but I don't take it out of the house so it's fine. The powder itself is very good in my opinion and is a good bargain; it only takes a couple of light swipes from my brush to give my face a nice matte finish, and it lasts for a long time. I think after about 8 or 9 hours you'd have to reapply it, but I'm usually not out for that long so this is great for me. :) Would purchase again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials