Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 9/19/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Nothing special. The powder is not too pigmented, which is good, as the shade I got (silky beige) is lighter than my skin. It mattifies just fine. It's nothing special to me, though, and I probably don't need it, as I have no need for "shine control" (I have no oil on my face, I have dry skin). Also, the packaging is irritating, the little screw lid does not screw on securely. Overall *I* would not buy again, though if you are looking for a decent cheap mattifying drugstore powder, and you have oily skin, this would probably work just fine.

on 9/12/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

it doesnt really work for me. i have an oily nose and when i put it on it looks REALLY powdery. like you could blow on it and powder would fly everywhere. i dont even put on a lot! its just like the very tip of the brush and it doesnt even last that long and it makes my makeup look really cakey. im just gonna use it up and not buy this thing again!

Of all the finishing/setting powders I have used, this is the one I keep coming back to. It really does give my shiny Tzone a matte finish & it hasn't clogged my pores. I have this in the Translucent and Silky Beige. If only it came with a small brush or sponge.

on 8/22/2010 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A pretty good pressed powder. Regardless of what powder I try, my face gets shiny within 2 hours. This product feels smooth on my skin and blends nicely (I have the transparent one.) Unlike the NYC pressed powder, this doesn't get those weird rocky clumps in it; it stays smooth in the tin. I would buy again because I love Rimmel, it does a decent job, is pretty affordable and doesn't make me break out. The packaging sucks though, the lid "twists" on but doesn't lock -- it pops right off -- pretty pointless if you ask me. Best not to take this on travel -- I keep it on my dresser at all times and a separate powder in my purse.

on 8/12/2010 5:22:00 PM

I picked this up in Sandstorm (004) and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. I was amazed. It's a huge pan of powder for dirt cheap, and it works as well as any other powder I've tried. I put it on with the EcoTools retractable kabuki (love!) and it doesn't look cakey or super powdery and it does seem to minimize the appearance of my pores. It doesn't keep me matte for hours on end, but at this point I'm convinced that nothing on this earth can mattify my nose for more than an hour at a time, so I can't say it's really a flaw on the product's part. A lot of people hate the packaging; it doesn't really bother me. A mirror would be nice, but for the price I'm not going to complain.

on 8/6/2010 4:17:00 PM

Love this powder, I use the Translucent shade and it really keeps the shine away and freshens my face. The packaging is rubbish but can't complain for the price really, though I wish they'd bring it out in a proper open/click close case, and the writing has worn off the lid which I don't like as I like my cosmetics to look nice!
Despite that I will be buying this again.

on 8/1/2010 11:47:00 AM

I bought this powder in 001 transparent, however, it does have a tendency to make my already pale skin look a bit ghostly. To actually 'stay matte' I have to reapply it a couple of times a day. It doesn't make me break out, which is always a bonus. Other than that, it's just your average, typical pressed powder. I'll use it up, but I'm unsure whether I'll buy it again.

on 7/22/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

awesome setting/touch up powder for its cheap price!! if you are looking for coverage, skip this one, but to set your makeup and absorb the oil throughout the day, this definitely gets the job done. the only thing is the packaging, unlike the traditional flip open compact, this has a removable lid, so its really difficult to carry around on the go

on 7/9/2010 11:22:00 AM

ehhh it's okay. not the best. it's a okay setting powder for my tinted moisturizer but it doesnt really give off any color. the packaging is kinda cheap looking though. One thing i dont get is that fact that some reviewers complain that this product has a strong smell to it? i cant even pick up on the scent.

on 7/9/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I felt this is a good summer powder for oilier skins. Does a bit better job than dream matte in terms of keeping the oiliness down, but does not give the beautiful finish that dream matte does. I dont mind the packaging and I dont mind the packaging of DM either. It also gets cakey which if you apply too much which dream matte never would do no matter what, but fortunately, since it does work well to control oil, you should not have to constantly reapply, so the cakiness should not be an issue. I only applied so much the first time I got it because that is what I am used to having to do with dream matte. And with dream matte, the product wont last very long due to constantly applying, but I swear you get addicted to the look it gives you and you can't stop, but for oiliness in the summer, dream matte won't do the trick, but maybe this will. If you want a powder that feels nice on your skin though, this is not it. IT feels rough and cheap. It is not finely milled. I would therefore rate it a 3, otherwise it would be my hg.

update: Caution: this contains Bismuth!!!!!

Another product with this ingredient. I wish I had known before now, with a serious painful cystic acne and ingrown hairs of course I am discontinuing the product and will learn to always check ingredients for bismuth. This is a shame because the stay matte foundation and the lasting finish are good powders! And what is ironic, is the stay matte is a Clarifying foundation and keeps the skin clear, only to use their powder which would defeat the whole thing! Bare naturale has it too and had to discontinue that. I know it is not the products fault I am allergic to bismuth (Clinique makeup has it too so watch out), but with a reaction this bad to it, I am sure you can understand why I am going to give it lowest rating possible, as this prod is as useless as it can get for me because it is just a recipe for disaster for my skin. ALL places that sell makeup in my opinion should have return policies but unfortunately my drugstores would give you a problem to return it and now dont return it at all, ridiculous. SO now I have a huge hassle with contacting the manufacturer, for EVERY product I react to and the onus is on me to stand embarrassingly in the aisle reading ingredients, in fear of when I bye it I am stuck with it! Here is what's worse, there are no ingredients on it, I read them on line. So we don't even get a chance to inform ourselves before we buy it, sigh.