Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/12/2010 11:08:00 AM

I purchased this while CVS was having a BOGO so i got it for $3 and i actually really like it! I got it in translucent and it really is translucent. I have an oily t-zone it controls it somewhat but not completely but obviously no powder can really keep oil at bay %100...for a drugstore product this is amazing! I used it with my MAC 134 and it picks up the powder beautifully. I swiped it twice on my forehead and down my nose, i think it's great for the price. Everyone should give it a try. I took 1 lippie off because i'm not crazy about the packaging..its not something i can just put in my purse because the top does not securely snap or twist on. Overall, it is a good powder for the price and does control oil to a point, i would repurchase this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not crazy about this powder.I bought this because everyone and their sister was hyping it up about how this was just like MAC's blot powder,blah,blah,blah.I got it in translucent,but there is color there.It's packed really hard,making it difficult to pick up the powder,even with a fluffy brush.I don't like those powder puffs that you always get with pressed powder and this one didn't come with one,so I bought some thinking it might go on better.The puffs didn't help any.Caked the product on and it was impossible to blend it out.It doesn't control shine any and if I use this more than once in a day I just get the heavy powder look.I don't like being able to see layers of powder on my skin.I have not had the problem with the top coming off like alot of people are complaining about,but I did rate the packaging quality a 1 because the ingredients are not listed on it.I don't like that and I can't find them anywhere online.I like to know what I'm putting on my face.I know there is fragrance in this because there is a heavy smell coming from it that will not fade even after an hour.

on 3/12/2010 10:41:00 AM

This is my favorite Powder of all time! I use this as my everyday foundation, I never use "real" foudation on a everyday basis, only when I go out at night or my skin is not in the best condition. I only use this every morning and it is completly fine. This pared with my maybelline mineral power concealer is the perfect everyday combination and I love it. It gives my the right amount of coverage and it looks not cakey. If you use foundation this is really good as a setting powder.
I'm using this for many many years, i'ts cheap (even in germany - where I live) and by using it every day one container lasts 6 month!
xoxo

on 3/10/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i actually use this as a setting powder and it's matte so it does the job. as a press powder, it would definitely suck.

on 3/10/2010 3:02:00 PM

Ugh... trying to find a new powder to replace my green cover girl compact I've been using for the last 8+ years. I use powder to set my foundation (Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff) and I usually touch it up once a day. Tried this one, don't like it at all. On me it accentuates dry or flaky spots on my face that I didn't even know were there. It also feels thick...which makes no sense to me because it doesn't really have any coverage it seems. Feels like I'm wearing face paint, don't like this at all. Oh and the packaging is a piece of crap. Taking it back to Target to get my $4 back.

on 3/6/2010 6:13:00 PM

Great product. Horrible packaging. I usually blot my face on the run, so I have to put it in my purse.. but this packaging doesn't work for me at all.. the lid always comes off! The reason why I bought Mac's blot powder.

on 3/6/2010 6:09:00 PM

I actually really like this. I really wanted a powder that I could use to set my foundation and keep me looking matte all day. I really like this I use it with my revlon colorstay and I really like how it gives me a really flawless finish. I would repurchase this I hit pan already and I really like it!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product. It's great to use everyday. I use transparent and it's white as white can be (well, almost). You can use it on its own or use it to set your moisturiser or sunscreen. I wouldn't set it with a foundation as it will thicken and cake. It's quite cheap. But I have to say there are two points that bug me about this foundation. Firstly my lid doesn't close. I spoke to the sales assistant, and she said that's the way they are. So it's not practical to carry around just in case it opens in your makeup bag. Secondly, I have bought mine for one 2 weeks now and I think I am about to see the pan of the case. So I don't believe there is a lot of product. But these points are minor compared to the quality of the product so I'd definitely recommend it.

I loove this! If you are looking for a very inexpensive powder to keep you from being oily, look no further! This stuff is awesome cuz it doesn't add any color whatsoever on your face! I already hit pan and I'm plannin on getting more for sure!

on 3/2/2010 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Every since i've discovered this powder, i haven't used any other! It's perfect for putting over my foundation & concealer as the pressed powder is quite fine. If you think that the makeup may look to cakey or powdery, brush off the excess with a large brush and spray something like MAC fix+ or Avene thermal water to make the skin look a little more dewy/natural. And true to its name, it does stay matte and alleviate those premature stages of greasiness during the day :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials