October 30, 2014 | 1669 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love the classic packaging and scent of this perfume which is well.... a classic. Not as flowery or oriental as I usually prefer, but has rich notes of green, neroli, vetiver and other 1930s type scents. This fragrance always evokes memories and feelings, everyone has a Chanel No. 5 memory which brings them back in time. A very nice scent that I will wear for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by brunette_chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's so Marilyn Monroe. My Granny used to wear it in the 50s but, that hasn't stopped me it's flirthy and fun and wonderful if you're on a date and want to make a good impression. Dab some on your pulse points and enjoy the aroma :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 6:30:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

This is my favorite scent in the world! So soft, beautiful, romantic, glamorous..... I can totally live in this! But whenever my friends tell me that their moms wear it too, that just kills me. I don't want to smell like someone's mom! The problem is that this fragrance is way too popular.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 12:12:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow, I love this. Not old, dated, powdery or stuffy to me at all. It smells classy and perfect for any occasion.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2004 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SelinaKyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember reading somewhere that Coco Chanel designed #5 to blend with and complement the smell of cigarette smoke because she was a chain smoker herself. Maybe that is the trick to making this scent smell nice, puff on a pak of smokes first.
This scent makes me want to throw up, seriously.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2004 12:58:00 PM More reviews by fphoenix2k

Why people even go anywhere near this "scent" is a complete mystery to me. I DESPISE this stuff. Just because Monroe wore it doesn't mean us humans have to walk around smelling like shrivelled old ladies. This is a classic, timeless scent..._HOW_???!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by penh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not my favorite Chanel fragrance but it is a classic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Classic. I swear, though, the NY EDT smells very different than the Paris EDP. Get the EDP, if possible. Very classic adelhyde fragrance, I think. Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. May be why some think it's old. Can't believe, though, that this was Marilyn Monroe's signature fragrance. Doesn't seem like it would be. Update: You know, there's no need to be ageist and obnoxious, using obtuse terms like "shriveled old lady" just because you don't like a fragrance. You will be old someday soon. I'm not old and I don't wear Chanel, but that's just stupid and childish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Dela27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this fragrance. I am seeing a lot of old lady comments which is weird since I think of fromaldahyde (sp?) when I smell old ladies, and this is NOT like formalda... I am 20 and my boyfriend and I both love this fragrance. I can't smell it just once, throughout the day I constantly bring my wrist up to my nose about a thousand times. It is very intriguing and not a smell that leaves the memory, in a good way. When I wear it I get second looks when I pass by the guys at the end of class and they have a strange smile on their faces. I don't really know what to attribute it to, but I know it isn't my regular pajama pants 8 AM outfit. This is really a haunting feminine scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2003 11:38:00 PM More reviews by myall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's the most luxurious scent in the world!!! Who can deny its attractions? I adore it.