Chanel No.5

3.5

on 3/29/2004 12:33:00 PM

I've never been attracted to such ballsy perfumes.. in the vein of paloma, lou lou...
It's like it is a mixture of essential oils that are too strong. Maybe when i'm over 35 i might appreciate it. Probably not. It's just not feminine to me. I'm not an overly feminine girl either!
As will most chanel fragrances, it has staying power to boot. If you like agent provocateur then this would be the next step to maturity.

on 3/24/2004 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

one word....Mmmmmmmmmmm

on 3/14/2004 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this perfume! It is my ultimate favorite. I feel classicly sexy and sophisticated when I wear it. It is timeless and overwhelmingly wonderful.

on 3/11/2004 1:14:00 AM

This a beautiful,fresh,classic scent.Marilyn Monroe made this fragrance a timeless classic & it's easy to see why.
This fragrance has been around for decades & has wonderful staying power.It's soft,yet mysteriously sexy.Clean & fresh with the most glorious scent that I don't think I can put into words.This is one of my hands down favourites in the fragrance department.I would have to give this a Number 1 in the classics category,& put Glow by J Lo a number 1 in the modern fragrance category.
This is one habit I never plan to kick,Chanel No 5 will always be on my vanity table.

on 3/5/2004 8:20:00 PM

This is, and always will be, for me, a scent I associate with success and sophistication. It was the first parfum I purchased when I really came into my own (career wise), and while I have moved onto other scents, this one will always hold a special place for me. Totally classic.

on 3/3/2004 11:57:00 PM

I got the hair perfume as a gift. I think it is a great cheaper alternative to the parfume.
As for the fragrance itself: it's feminine and classy. People know this scent, and, I guess, it reminds you of the classy image of Chanel. I wouldn't go too heavy with this perfume, and usually wear it for special occasions - not for socks and sneakers.

on 3/1/2004 11:44:00 AM

One of my favorite (if not my very favorite) scents. Soft, feminine, and glamorous. I feel special when I wear it.

To me, it smells like a baby powder scent, with a little soft floral fragrance added. I love it. I'm headed to Paris later this month and the Chanel store is on my list with a big star by it!

The price is a detractor, but a $50 bottle will last me for a year, with daily or near-daily use. That's not too bad. I wonder if the price of it will be more or less in Paris. Hmm.

I am allergic to most perfumes, but not this one. On me, it smells nice, calm, and spicy. However it's too expensive and if I wear a perfume for more than a couple of hours I usually start getting hives, so I'd never repurchase.

on 2/27/2004 11:34:00 AM

I have tried Chanel No.5 several times over the past 25 years, but this is my last time. It repulses me more strongly each time. I first bought a small bottle in the duty-free shop as a souvenir of my first trip to Paris at age 15; I knew little about perfume but associated it with a particularly French style of beauty and sophistication. I liked it a little, wore a drop on special occasions, and thought that I might "grow into it." I didn't realize that I would grow in a completely different direction from it (much like many marriages). I wasn't especially disappointed, as there are many things I liked as a teenager that I don't like as much now; I don't have any other associations with it and no one I've known wore it. There are many perfumes that I can't stand, and I few that I have had to part company with, but No.5 is unique in its ability to make me feel physically ill. The slightest whiff gives me the dry mouth and shivers of nausea. It smells exactly the same on me as it does in the bottle, so it's not a case of its "turning" on my skin, it's something in my nose-brain connection that reacts to it. I like a few other aldehyde-based fragrances, I like powdery scents, I like many strong scents (natural and human-made), but I can't be near this one. I don't know what it is, but 5 is not my lucky number.

on 2/25/2004 2:44:00 PM

Whow! I read the below review by "thatwhitecat" and forget my own opinion.

OK. Now for Chanel No.5. It smells good but like an old lady.
It does remind me of my childhood. But I cannot stand it on my own skin.

Popular Fragrances