Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 6/11/2003 1:50:00 AM

I never liked using a soap bar anywhere else than on my hands. I'd generally get my hands feeling all dry too!
Anyway one day I was snooping through my mom's beauty stuff and fell on this soap I had see many comercials about... Since i felt like trying it out I used it on my hands and I was pleasantly surprised, no pulling and dry hands and nice smell. So it became my official handwasher. I only started using it on my body when I realized one day I had forgotten to buy shower gel. so then again I was pleasantly surprised.
Finally I decided to start using it on my face when I got my labret piercing because the piercer told me to wash with a non perfumed and non agressive soap (months after my dermatologist told me that soap was a much better cleaner than any drugstore acne prone skin cleaner).
So this Beauty Bar is good for all areas, non agressive, it doesn't dry the skin AND it's even perfect to clean newly pierced areas!!
What more could one want?

on 6/3/2003 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love Dove! I have been using it since the dermatologist recommended it to me years ago for my acne-prone teenage skin. I love the dewy feeling it leaves on your body. I guess some people might think of it as a film or residue, but to me it's moisturized skin. I keep waiting for them to come out with a facial skincare line (moisturizers, toners, etc.).

on 5/30/2003 1:28:00 AM

My derm suggested that I use Dove, since it's so gentle. Since then, I've gone through many bars of soap. It cleans my skin without making it feel tight or dry. It's inexpensive & doesn't aggravate my oilyness. Good stuff here.

on 5/29/2003 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i will always be loyal to dove. fancy-schmancy body cleansers will never do the job like this little soap, oops excuse me, "beauty bar."

on 5/28/2003 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I simply love this soap! The only inexpensive soap that doesn't dry my skin. In addition, it's easy to access whenever I need it.

on 5/26/2003 12:46:00 PM

An undisputed Holy Grail.

on 5/25/2003 5:31:00 AM

MY HG soap. Soft, smells great and moisturizing , but hey didn't the bar get smaller??? Buy on sale.

on 5/23/2003 9:25:00 PM

This is the only bath soap I use! Been using this since I was an itty bitty girl! Smells wonderful and doesn't dry out my skin! rich, creamy lather! nice! Won't use anything else! #1 in bar soaps!!

on 5/19/2003 3:39:00 AM

The best great stuff. I like sensitive skin or regular. Makes you soft.

on 5/8/2003 8:01:00 PM

Can't beat the price and does miracles for my dry itchy legs and arms. leaves a residue tho and has an old lady smell. With that price I should just sit down and take it.. i know.

Popular Gels/Soaps