September 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh yeah........this is what CoverGirl NatureLuxe lip balm only wishes it could be! A really well-executed lipstick/lipbalm hybrid, these are not at all waxy but rather bathe your dry lips in good-for-you shea and mango butters. They are also surprisingly pigmented. I picked up Lollipop and Red Velvet and couldn't be more pleased with my selections. Lollipop is a medium cool toned pink verging on lilac and Red Velvet is a neutral red with a bit of brick in it. Good coverage in one swipe and last surprisingly long for a really moisturizing lipcolor. Once the balm feeling is gone, there's still a hint of color left on the lips. I was never really impressed with Revlon before, but I hope these are permanent. I'm going to get lots more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across these at my local CVS for only $6.99 and I had to pounce on them. This was definitely an impulse buy. I came home and tried them and LOVED them. I purchased the colors Cotton Candy and Strawberry Shortcake. Cotton Candy is a medium pink with fuschia shimmer and Strawberry Shortcake is a medium hot pink with purply shimmer.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters have a slightly sweet vanilla-esque scent to them which are in no way overwhelming. These leave a sheer tint on your lips and seem moisturizing and soft. The shimmer in these are not at all chunky or gritty. The application in these are spectacular. This is the first "lipstick" that has not been either too slippery, drying, or rough on my lips. They are smooth, luscious, and buttery. On me, they wear for about 1.5-2 hours.
The packaging is a bit cheap feeling. I wish the plastic cap was opaque rather than translucent but the window to see the color is helpful when you're at the store purchasing a shade.
However, I don't find these in anyway moisturizing. They didn't dry out my lips at all but they didn't add any moisture either. I also find that these slip into the liplines after a longer period of wearing them. Reapplying or putting a gloss over top after a couple of hours of wear would probably fix this.
I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a non-drying tinted lip product. I am PRAYING these aren't limited edition because I haven't been able to find more shades locally. (Granted my CVS has the worst selection) If you are looking for something with more pigmentation, try Revlon's Super Lustrous or Colorburst lipstick lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

Some say it is a cross between dior addict and ysl volupt, i dissagree as those are my favorites and the only ones that dont make my lips peel. These are moisturjzing and doesnt make my lips peel as well but they feel more like mac sheen cremes instead because they dont have the same slip as the dior and ysl. Lip butters have surprisingly has great pigmentation. They dont like very long but most moisturizing lipsticks dont. I'e tried a lot f moisturizing drugstore lipsticks but they always tend to cake after a while on me but these dont. Love the quality. Love the packaging. Love the price. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by macynsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yep I want them all too now :) I just purchased Red Velvet, it's a gorgeous easy to wear brickish red shade without any orange if that makes sense. Very nice shade for brunettes and red heads imho. Feels fantastic on nicely pigmented and a great color for Fall and Winter.
Def will be buying more of the pigmented shades. A+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow where have these been? This is seriously one of the best drug store products ever!They are super moisturizing & really nicely pigmented, the color selection alone is phenomenal! This is like a lipstick & a really good lip balm in one, at a super price! I hope they never stop making these, they are fast becoming HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so stoked about these -and kinda late to the party. Too busy with school and work lately to be checkin out my fave beauty blogs! So, I was thrilled to easily find these at my Walgreens (I know many folks are having a tough time finding them). I originally got these in Creamsicle, and Creme Brulee. These are B1G1 half off this week at Wags. The other colors I was looking at seemed a bit more pigmented than I want in a lip butter - but I still respect them for their pigment! I am actually considering going back for the red one and maybe another one to send my cousin while they're still on sale. These are described by many as a dupe for Clinique Buttershines. Having both, I can say that these are a decent dupe, but not a spot-on dupe. The Buttershines are much more moisturizing feeling (I don't know what oils if any those actually have, but they feel better). The buttershines are slicker, smoother, shinier, and maybe a bit more sheer. Anyway - on to the Revlon Lip Butters. As I mentioned, I originally got these in Creamsicle and Creme Brulee. I was shocked at how pigmented these were when I first put on Creamsicle. I put it on in the car without looking, and then later looked in the rear-view mirror and was surprised that it looked like I had some crazy 60s pale pigmented peach lip. I ended up taking it off when I got home, and then just put one coat on, and it was much better. I'm NC20-25, for reference and if you use more than just the one coat of this color, it will wash you out pretty quickly. However, I did keep this color, and will just be more careful with application in the future. As for Creme Brulee...I brought this back and exchanged it for Berry Smoothie. Creme Brulee was like a slightly caramel-toned MLBB color. It just dulled my lips and complexion, so I brought it back for something that would be a bit better for me. Berry Smoothie is a bit more reddish-pink that I was hoping for, but I do like it. I was hoping for something a little more pinky-toned MLBB, but am not finding it in this line so far. In conclusion, I do like these, they feel nice and go on nicely. However, they are not exact dupes for Clinique Buttershines. I would still prefer my Buttershines as the go-to for that moisturizing, shiny, smooth lip color.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I wanna buy all the colors from this line! These are everything I want in a lip product! Moisturizing,creamy,full coverage finish,glossy,doesn't crease into my lip lines. I have creme brulee and after this one I wanna get every single color! Ladies also as a sidenote, I have sesitive lips where they peel like crazy with any lip product among the lipstick and lipgloss category and this does not make my lips peel at all! It if anything makes my lips feel extremely hydrated. More then my lipbalm actually! Get this get this get this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Awesome product!! I've been dying to try these but I live in Dallas where there are no Rite Aids & Walgreens doesn't have them in stock. I did find a big display of them at Bed, Bath & Beyond this AM (the store near Northpark) and grabbed three. Sadly, Pink Truffle was sold out, but all the colors are really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wearing these instead of lipstick during the day (and wearing Aquaphor at night) has already made a big difference and I've only had them for four days. My lips feel very comfortable day or night now. I've bought them in 9 colors, plus one for a friend. My favorite color is candy apple (warm clear red, heading in the tomato direction.) I have worn: raspberry pie, tutti frutti, red velvet, and sweet tart - all great. Raspberry Pie is the only one that's a little hard to wear - it's a dramatic berry, kinda magenta. Sweet tart is a medium clear bright pink, sheer. Tutti Frutti is a clear coral, along the lines of MAC Everhip or Korres mango lip butter. Red Velvet is a fall red - very pigmented. I've just bought 4 more and so far I am less blown away but I guess it figures I'd pick the best ones first. Thanks to Revlon for making a perfect lip product at a low-ish price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews for this new lippy I remained sceptical. But I went to Walgreens today and purchased the Berry Smoothie color. I tend to love these lipstick/balm hybrids. I have to say I loved it. The color was great for my fairer warm skin, its MLBut....much better! Just the right amount of color and very moisturizing. A light plummy sheerish mauvey slightly irridesent deeper pink. Ha Ha! It wears off evenly and leaves a nice stain. The price isn't too bad compared to high end. I will purchase more colors in the future.