August 2, 2014 | 1622 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so stoked about these -and kinda late to the party. Too busy with school and work lately to be checkin out my fave beauty blogs! So, I was thrilled to easily find these at my Walgreens (I know many folks are having a tough time finding them). I originally got these in Creamsicle, and Creme Brulee. These are B1G1 half off this week at Wags. The other colors I was looking at seemed a bit more pigmented than I want in a lip butter - but I still respect them for their pigment! I am actually considering going back for the red one and maybe another one to send my cousin while they're still on sale. These are described by many as a dupe for Clinique Buttershines. Having both, I can say that these are a decent dupe, but not a spot-on dupe. The Buttershines are much more moisturizing feeling (I don't know what oils if any those actually have, but they feel better). The buttershines are slicker, smoother, shinier, and maybe a bit more sheer. Anyway - on to the Revlon Lip Butters. As I mentioned, I originally got these in Creamsicle and Creme Brulee. I was shocked at how pigmented these were when I first put on Creamsicle. I put it on in the car without looking, and then later looked in the rear-view mirror and was surprised that it looked like I had some crazy 60s pale pigmented peach lip. I ended up taking it off when I got home, and then just put one coat on, and it was much better. I'm NC20-25, for reference and if you use more than just the one coat of this color, it will wash you out pretty quickly. However, I did keep this color, and will just be more careful with application in the future. As for Creme Brulee...I brought this back and exchanged it for Berry Smoothie. Creme Brulee was like a slightly caramel-toned MLBB color. It just dulled my lips and complexion, so I brought it back for something that would be a bit better for me. Berry Smoothie is a bit more reddish-pink that I was hoping for, but I do like it. I was hoping for something a little more pinky-toned MLBB, but am not finding it in this line so far. In conclusion, I do like these, they feel nice and go on nicely. However, they are not exact dupes for Clinique Buttershines. I would still prefer my Buttershines as the go-to for that moisturizing, shiny, smooth lip color.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I wanna buy all the colors from this line! These are everything I want in a lip product! Moisturizing,creamy,full coverage finish,glossy,doesn't crease into my lip lines. I have creme brulee and after this one I wanna get every single color! Ladies also as a sidenote, I have sesitive lips where they peel like crazy with any lip product among the lipstick and lipgloss category and this does not make my lips peel at all! It if anything makes my lips feel extremely hydrated. More then my lipbalm actually! Get this get this get this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Awesome product!! I've been dying to try these but I live in Dallas where there are no Rite Aids & Walgreens doesn't have them in stock. I did find a big display of them at Bed, Bath & Beyond this AM (the store near Northpark) and grabbed three. Sadly, Pink Truffle was sold out, but all the colors are really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wearing these instead of lipstick during the day (and wearing Aquaphor at night) has already made a big difference and I've only had them for four days. My lips feel very comfortable day or night now. I've bought them in 9 colors, plus one for a friend. My favorite color is candy apple (warm clear red, heading in the tomato direction.) I have worn: raspberry pie, tutti frutti, red velvet, and sweet tart - all great. Raspberry Pie is the only one that's a little hard to wear - it's a dramatic berry, kinda magenta. Sweet tart is a medium clear bright pink, sheer. Tutti Frutti is a clear coral, along the lines of MAC Everhip or Korres mango lip butter. Red Velvet is a fall red - very pigmented. I've just bought 4 more and so far I am less blown away but I guess it figures I'd pick the best ones first. Thanks to Revlon for making a perfect lip product at a low-ish price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews for this new lippy I remained sceptical. But I went to Walgreens today and purchased the Berry Smoothie color. I tend to love these lipstick/balm hybrids. I have to say I loved it. The color was great for my fairer warm skin, its MLBut....much better! Just the right amount of color and very moisturizing. A light plummy sheerish mauvey slightly irridesent deeper pink. Ha Ha! It wears off evenly and leaves a nice stain. The price isn't too bad compared to high end. I will purchase more colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by rosy25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like these. The packaging is adorable and stays closed in my purse all day, just liked the Colorburst lipsticks (and unlike a lot of other lipsticks), but I find the inner silver tube gets a little messy. The texture and pigmentation of the ones I've tried is great. I've picked up Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie and Candy Apple so far. I absolutely love both Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle. Pink Truffle looks really brown in a the tube, but goes on rosy and is a flattering MLBB shade for me. It is very similar to Soft Rose and Rosy Nude of the Colorburst Lipstick line in my opinion. Berry Smoothie is also really nice, it's a sheer berry pink that brightens my face and is easy to wear. Candy Apple is the only one I don't think I'd repurchase. I think it's a bit too bright and warm for me, which I suspected it might be even in the tube. My store was out of Cherry Tart and Red Velvet so I couldn't compare it to the other reds in the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE II: I got the Pink Truffle and it's another hit. A nice nude color that is not too pink, or too brown, or that godawful concealer tint is so vulgar. I really like these butters. My Fig Jam is almost gone and I intend to repurchase as soon as I'm out of it

UPDATE: Ok, I really love this shade. I wore it this evening when I went for drinks and a lot of talk. Even when it "fades" it leaves a gorgeous reddish even stain, natural enough to look like really red, healthy lips. I can't get enough of this.

I bought this in the darkest shade, 030 Fig Jam, and I love it. At first, I was dismayed because it seemed that the only shades available were the ubiquitous, uber-light beige nudes/Barbie pinks, which for me are so yesterday, and which are beginning to get on my nerves. 'Nude' means naked, as in 'your natural lip color w/o makeup.' Women whose natural lip color is that awful concealer beige, had better see a doctor double quick (and for goodness sake, don't take this personally).

Anyhoo, on me Fig Jam is a reddish brown, sheer, but quite pigmented, at the same time. It's glossy w/o being vaseline-goopy, and it stays on a surprisingly long time (I ate and drank, and I still had some color left). If it has any glitter, it does not show on me. There was another color, pink something-or-other, which also caught my attention as it was a nice darkish mauvey brown pink, and which I might also get. The red also looked nice, but I prefer my red lipsticks full coverage and satiny, or matte.

Anyway, I liked this butter very much and I recommend it.

15 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already like Revlon Colorburst lipsticks and the glosses, so imagine that the two had a baby (minus the glitter in a lot of the CB glosses). That's what these feel like, and are the best (and probably only)drugstore equivalent of Clinique Buttershines, albeit more basic colors and less fancy packaging. I like these but I can't say I've noticed any improvement at all in my lip moisture despite wearing almost every day. Still, I guess they're not taking anything away either, which makes them a notch above most lipsticks and tinted balms I've tried. So far I have the MLBB shimmer shade Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, a bright warm pink without shimmer (warm when compared to Strawberry Shortcake); Candy Apple, a warm sheer red without shimmer, Fig Jam, a sheer berry brown tint without shimmer, Sugar Plum, a cool plum without shimmer, and Raspberry Pie, a bright violet pink/fuchsia without shimmer which is the only one that didn't work for me. It had the most pigment out of the ones I tried but was too cool toned and vibrant for my taste. I'm passing up the really light ones like Creamsicle and Creme Brulee as I know they won't show on me or will wash me out entirely. For me half the shades are way too light but I can see them reaching a wide range of others who don't feel this way. I don't notice any scent or taste in these, which is nice, and not all have shimmer which is a nice option when you want color but don't want to glimmer too much, making even the darker shades more wearable for day. These last a few hours maybe, depending on eating/drinking etc. but stay on longer than a gloss. They have a nice shine like a gloss, without the feel of a gloss and wear off evenly. I predict these will have a long healthy life as one of the hottest drugstore offerings in some time. However, I kind of fell out of Lemming Love Land after I got the ones I have so not sure I'll be getting more unless they come out with some really unique shades I absolutely have to have. Lately I find myself reaching for my regular lippies again since I don't really feel these are all that unique when all is said and done. Thus, I knocked my rating down a bit now that the initial newness has worn off quite a bit.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Finally!!! I have found the perfect blend of lipstick, gloss, and balm! I got crème brûlée which is a medium nude with hints of desert rose and goes on sheer of course, like the rest of the lip butters. It contains some fine silver shimmer that is not obvious on the lips but does add to the shine of the product. Revlon lip butters don't glide on as smoothly as the average lip balm (blue nivea comes to mind) but definitely more so than a lip stick.

Overall, these are perfect for someone who wants some moisturizing shine and color without the intensity of a lipstick. Great for daily wear to class, work and chilling with others. Goes with everything as they are sheer and neutral. Give them a shot!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cefrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is it. This is my Holy Grail lip product. These lip butters were well worth the hunt (found them at my local Rite Aid this morning) and they are seriously worth 5 stars. They're worth 100 stars as far as I'm concerned. I picked up Sugar Plum, which is the most perfect, MLBB with ooomph color I could ever have wanted. The formula is superb, color rich and glossy, a very light pleasant scent, no taste, feels fantastic on the lips and lasts a pretty darn long time. I'm just totally in love right now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No