October 21, 2014 | 848 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by syntheticsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like these since they are so moisturizing! However, they slide around on my lips and are too glossy for my taste. I was assuming they would be similar to tinted lip balms, but it's more like a semi-sheer lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. I have 4 shades (see! I was really trying!) and here are colour breakdowns:

"Fig Jam" is a warm, slightly brownish/reddish berry (very sheer and buildable)
"Pink Truffle" is more opaque and a medium rose with a hint of brown (great for YLBB)
"Creamsicle" ON ME was a bright warm pink (no peach tones)
"Crème Brulee" is a peachy nude that was sheer enough not to wash me out, but had shimmer (which I'm not a fan of).

The packaging is cute, but since the cap covers most of the lipstick, it's a little difficult to take off sometimes (lack of anything to grab hold of). So I'm taking another lippie off for that.
If you like shiny, slightly shimmery lips, then this is for you! I really did like the colour selection, too!

*UPDATE*
"Pink Truffle" has really grown on me. If it was a tad less shiny, it would be my HG MLBB l/s. (I'm NC15 with warm undertones for reference). I'm upping the rating and changing my repurchase answer, since I will most likely buy this shade again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have to add to the rave reviews on this product! While it took me a little trial & error to find a suitable shade, I've finally settled on 'Fig Jam', and I like it quite a bit. I was super excited to spot these at my local Rite Aid, but a bit bummed to see they only carry about half the line of shades. (I really, really want Sugar Plum...so the search will continue). I first got 'Raspberry Smoothie' because I like cool berry & plum shades. I was hoping it would be sheer, but it is actually quite pigmented, and way too bright for what I was looking for. I returned it and after MUCH debating, I got 'Fig Jam' and its more of what I'm looking for. Its a sheer, reddish brown, with a hint of plum. I was really hesistant because I thought it would be too brown, but it just deepens my natural lip color, yet still looks natural. 1 or 2 swipes is all I need. Layering more just intensifies the color a little bit. I am glad this is a sheer shade, as I can control the intensity. It looks nice over/under other lip colors as well. The texture is soft and seems to melt into my lips. Its not drying as it wears off. The color and the cushy feel last about 2 hrs, which is I think is pretty decent. It gives my lips a bit of a sheen, but its not super glossy. No scent or taste, either, which is a plus. Overall, this is a good product with a range of shades & finishes (creme & shimmer), that's easy to apply & wear. I would definitely repurchase and look forward to trying other shades.

Edit 11/18/11: I finally got my hands on 'Sugar Plum' and *surprise* I still like 'Fig Jam' better! 'Sugar Plum', while nice, is more of a pink/mauve, than a plum shade. I find myself reaching for 'Fig Jam' much more often & I'm so glad I took a chance on it, even though it looked intimidating in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Bring on the Lip Butters! This is currently the latest craze in the cosmetic universe. I heard buzz about them but I hesitated on purchasing them because Revlon lipsticks are very drying and bother my lips. But, these are lip butters and I was hoping they will be different. I picked up only one while doing a shopping at Walgreen's. I purchased the shade Pink Truffle. I swiped it on when I got home and tested it out for the afternoon. I was blown away with the color, texture, finish and quality. BLOWN AWAY so much that I went back to buy another one. My oh my, the entire lip butters collection has so many pretty colors to pick from. Every color is natural and everyone can easily pick out a HG shade. My second color was Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is a brown/pink cream with no shimmer. PT is a lovely MLBB shade and even though it is subtle, it still has enough pigment to show off the lips. Berry Smoothie is a pretty medium cool toned pink with some shimmer. For $7.49, these are a bang for your buck. Perfect quality for a drugstore product. The only thing that I have tried that resembles Revlon Lip Butters are the YSL Pur Shines. I think they both have the same texture, finish and quality but maybe the YSL being a bit more pigmented but not by much. However, the YSL Pur Shines are $30! Overall, I HIGHLY recommend Revlon Lip Butters to everyone in the world. This product is the BEST thing Revlon ever created. I hope they stick around for a long time.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by soulsupermodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I went into CVS the other day and saw these on an untouched display. I hadn't even seen the hype about them online but they looked so cute and moisturizing that I was freaking out anyway. I ended up buying two - Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart. The next day I went back and bought Candy Apple with some Extrabucks.

Anyhow, these are fantastic - I'm a college student so I usually stick to drugstore products because I can't afford a lot of higher end cosmetics at this moment in time. But even still, they're not like anything else I've tried. They're softer (not sticky!) and sheerer than a lipstick, but there's hardly ANY way you can accuse these of not being pigmented enough. While some are more pigmented than others (Berry Smoothie is a lot sheerer than Candy Apple) ALL of them are exactly what I am looking for when I want something that's one step up from, say, a Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, but not as dramatic or shiny as a lip gloss or lipstick They're the perfect in-between and they leave a pretty stain even hours later, after eating and drinking.

I really think Revlon hit the mark with these. They're pretty, cute, soft, and colorful..basically, they're a whole bunch of things that girls love. Go out and get them if you can! I'll probably buy another one tomorrow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These lip butters make me wish I'd never bought any other lipstick before, because all my old lipsticks are being completely ignored now. The texture of these is divine. As another reviewer said, they hug your lips nicely, fade evenly, and they don't dry out my lips at all. These provide a very attractive glossiness. No fragrance and no flavor. Sturdy attractive packaging. Paid about $4.50 each during a recent Rite Aid sale. Here's a breakdown of the colors I've tried, from my favorite to least favorite.

Red Velvet: a very pigmented neutral red, great for fall and winter. Possibly the single most flattering red I've ever worn on my lips. Creme.

Pink Truffle: A beautiful rosy brownish pink. Most people would call this MLBB. It's also very pigmented. Creme.

Sugar Plum: A sheer berry plum. Kind of reminds me of a more subtle Clinique Black Honey. It is more translucent than some of the other shades. Sheer creme.

Fig Jam: A sheer rosy amber. The stick itself looks pretty brown, but it is sheer like Sugar Plum and when applied is a very pretty, natural looking color. I almost took this back to the store after swatching it on my hand, but I'm glad I didn't because it looks really nice when it mixes with the pink pigmentation of my lips. Sheer creme. I like the name too, and it's pretty for fall.

Berry Smoothie: A pretty light-medium pink, almost neutral, but the slightest bit cool-leaning. This one has pink shimmers in it, but they don't feel gritty. Well pigmented, but not as much as Red Velvet and Pink Truffle.

Peach Parfait: Pretty clear peach, with subtle golden shimmers. Will be very pretty in the summer with a tan. Pigmentation is similar to Berry Smoothie.

Raspberry Pie: A dramatic magenta...very pigmented. Creme. This is the only one I've returned, as it is just too far out of my comfort zone. Those of you who like statement lips will love this one, if it works with your coloring. It is not for the faint of heart.

A word of warning...the actual stick is very soft, so don't twist the product too far out of the tube to apply, as it might break off. I only twisted one up about a third of an inch and it broke right off and fell in the sink :(

Edit: I purchased Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, and Sweet Tart as well.
Candy Apple: A medium warm tomato red. Creme. Less pigmented than Red Velvet, and a bit translucent.

Sweet Tart: A medium warm pink. Creme. Similar opacity to Candy Apple. It kind of reminds me of the Candy Pink Colorburst Lipstick.

Cherry Tart: A blue based red. Shimmer formula. Slightly translucent.

Of the three reds, I feel that Red Velvet somehow looks the most "natural". Candy Apple and Cherry Tart, though pretty, seem to jump out from my face more than I like.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by sunfish211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was love at first swipe! They very much reminded me of MAC slimshines. The packaging is cute - quilted (just like the traditional ColorBurst lipsticks) & clear (corresponding to the shade of the product itself). The lids were a little hard to pry off but at least I know they'll stay closed shut in my purse. The tops of the lids have a kind-of plastic magnifier which is supposed to help you see the shade better before you purchase. The actual bullet of the product is a little deceiving at first. I had to keep reminding myself they go on a little more sheer than just looking at the shade in the tube itself. They go on different than what you see in the tube. I purchased many of these so I'll only review a few of them:

COTTON CANDY: Light/medium sheer pink. I could see it pulling a little warm on some people due to the very fine gold microshimmer but the shimmer itself isn't really noticeable. It doesn't pull "Barbie" or bubblegum pink. Looks absolutely gorgeous on me!
CREME BRULEE: I really needed to swipe this one on. It's a sheer light beige that looks fantastic if I layer it with darker nude or pinky nude liners. I could see toning down darker shades of lippies. This is one you could just swipe without a mirror.
BROWN SUGAR: This is a neutral medium-light browned caramel. For me, this one was the most wearable "neutral" of the group. It has a slight peach hue to it which isn't detected in the tube itself but on my lips it's not totally brown (so perhaps it's just working well with my natural lip color). It's just a great everyday hue that I could wear with everything.
PINK TRUFFLE: A rosy pink brown (leaning more on the rosy side). It pulled more color on me than I anticipated but still very pretty.
GUMDROP: Reminded me of a very very sheer glossy version of MAC Asian Flower. It's more lilac than MAC Fashion Mews. It's a cool-toned shade that could tone down darker lilac/plum lippies. Very cute, very fun!
PEACH PARFAIT: My favorite of the bunch. It's a pinky coral with the most noticeable shimmer of all of them. Depending on what blush & e/s I used, it pulled either warm or cool on me - nothing in between or only warm. Just an overall gorgeous shade worth checking out.

All in all, the very light shades really needed more swipes than the darker shades. They're all buildable but they're all supposed to be on the sheer side of things. I haven't gone wrong with any of the ColorBurst lippies so I didn't expect anything less from these except "sheer" enjoyment. They definitely moisturize & keep my lips smooth & soft w/ no awful taste. I love the idea of a lip butter being in a full size lipstick tube rather than a skinny tube or pot form. Wonderful when I'm on the go or at work & need a quick swipe of a lippie. I'm absolutely in love with these & would highly recommend these to any MU lover. :)

All 20 shades include: Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Cupcake, Gumdrop, Creamsicle, Peach Parfait, Brown Sugar, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti, Raspberry Pie, Lollipop, Fig Jam, Sugar Plum, Cherry Tart, Candy Apple, Red Velvet.f

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh yeah........this is what CoverGirl NatureLuxe lip balm only wishes it could be! A really well-executed lipstick/lipbalm hybrid, these are not at all waxy but rather bathe your dry lips in good-for-you shea and mango butters. They are also surprisingly pigmented. I picked up Lollipop and Red Velvet and couldn't be more pleased with my selections. Lollipop is a medium cool toned pink verging on lilac and Red Velvet is a neutral red with a bit of brick in it. Good coverage in one swipe and last surprisingly long for a really moisturizing lipcolor. Once the balm feeling is gone, there's still a hint of color left on the lips. I was never really impressed with Revlon before, but I hope these are permanent. I'm going to get lots more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across these at my local CVS for only $6.99 and I had to pounce on them. This was definitely an impulse buy. I came home and tried them and LOVED them. I purchased the colors Cotton Candy and Strawberry Shortcake. Cotton Candy is a medium pink with fuschia shimmer and Strawberry Shortcake is a medium hot pink with purply shimmer.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters have a slightly sweet vanilla-esque scent to them which are in no way overwhelming. These leave a sheer tint on your lips and seem moisturizing and soft. The shimmer in these are not at all chunky or gritty. The application in these are spectacular. This is the first "lipstick" that has not been either too slippery, drying, or rough on my lips. They are smooth, luscious, and buttery. On me, they wear for about 1.5-2 hours.
The packaging is a bit cheap feeling. I wish the plastic cap was opaque rather than translucent but the window to see the color is helpful when you're at the store purchasing a shade.
However, I don't find these in anyway moisturizing. They didn't dry out my lips at all but they didn't add any moisture either. I also find that these slip into the liplines after a longer period of wearing them. Reapplying or putting a gloss over top after a couple of hours of wear would probably fix this.
I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a non-drying tinted lip product. I am PRAYING these aren't limited edition because I haven't been able to find more shades locally. (Granted my CVS has the worst selection) If you are looking for something with more pigmentation, try Revlon's Super Lustrous or Colorburst lipstick lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

Some say it is a cross between dior addict and ysl volupt, i dissagree as those are my favorites and the only ones that dont make my lips peel. These are moisturjzing and doesnt make my lips peel as well but they feel more like mac sheen cremes instead because they dont have the same slip as the dior and ysl. Lip butters have surprisingly has great pigmentation. They dont like very long but most moisturizing lipsticks dont. I'e tried a lot f moisturizing drugstore lipsticks but they always tend to cake after a while on me but these dont. Love the quality. Love the packaging. Love the price. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by macynsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yep I want them all too now :) I just purchased Red Velvet, it's a gorgeous easy to wear brickish red shade without any orange if that makes sense. Very nice shade for brunettes and red heads imho. Feels fantastic on nicely pigmented and a great color for Fall and Winter.
Def will be buying more of the pigmented shades. A+++