MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 9/28/2010 9:12:00 AM

I so wanted to love this product, but sadly it's not for me.

I was incorrectly matched as NC20 by the MAC SA and this was far too pale. I returned this and wangled a generous sample of NC25, but this is ORANGE on my skin - the difference between NC20 and NC25 seems huge.

I've tried applying this using my fingers, a foundation brush and a damp cosmetic sponge but every time it looks cakey and artificial - regardless of the speed I apply it or the quantity I use. It seems to wear in a patchy fashion and after 5 or 6 hours a lot of it had simply disappeared off my face.

The packaging is reasonable, but the pump has a tendency to 'splurt' foundation.

Having used my sample for the last 3 days I think this may be causing bumps under the skin around my jaw line - not what I was hoping for.

on 9/28/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I swear by MAC Sculpt since I have dry/oily skin thought I'd give this a try since I'm always on a lookout for a new foundation. Well, this is my new HG. It has great coverage. Using only one pulp to cover my entire face, I'd say this is cheap. It doesn't break me out since its not based on mineral oil. Its basically one of those foundation that makes you look great all day. I don't even need to blot. Anyway, this is hands down one of the best foundation I've ever used.

on 9/27/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVEEEE ITTTT! <3

Pros:
+lasts on my VERY oily skin (genetic :\)
+finally found a match for my awkward skin tone
+doesnt break me out or clog my pores
+medium-full coverage
+non orange
+the list continues..

Cons:
-cant think of any yet but will update if I find any (:

-UPDATE-
broke me out like lots and feels abit tacky on the skin so im lowering my 5 to a 3 & the NC45 is abit dodgy & orange..

on 9/27/2010 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product broke me out in a matter of two days. I'm also very annoyed with MAC's idea of undertones, I'm not orange, I don't know why they matched me that way.

on 9/26/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I literally rushed out to buy this foundation. I am not impressed. I have very oily skin (sensitive with the occasional pimple as well.) I also always have a bottle of Studio Fix Fluid on hand--for reference--because it is sort of my 'go to' foundation. And, I thought since this was suppose to be longer wearing--that I needed it. My job does not normally allow for touch ups during the day so I was really hoping this might work! I was wrong--I have never been so embarrassed about my makeup at the end of the day than I was with this stuff. It seperated on my oily skin and caked up--BAD! I even tried it with and without a primer and different powders. Now, don't get me wrong---this stuff is great for just running errands on my days off. But, for work--I cannot count on it to last and keep my face matte (any more matte than what my Dior Forever Extreme or SFF does.) As for application--you do have to work fast because it dries rather quickly. And, I do love that it comes with a pump! I just wished it was 'long wearing.' My coloring in SFF is NC15 and I was also NC15 in this.

on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM

HG FOUNDATION!!! coverage is medium-full, does not break me out, color match is dead on! and it lasts all day! and it comes with a pump that you DO NOT have to purchase seperatly! there is not one thing that I do not like about this!!! I can never see myself switching!!! will definetley be purchasing over and over again!
*UPDATE!!!!!* I just started my second bottle of this and I still LOVE it!!! I normally have oily/acne prone skin and this has still not broken me out AT ALL and this foundation seems to be helping my skin!!! I definetely recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin!!!!!!!! it's AMAZING!!!!

on 9/26/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

HG status. One of the best foundation purchases I have made. And I was very leery about trying MAC liquid again, because the studio fix liquid seemed to break me out. I've been wearing this for 2 weeks now with no irritation. Coverage is adequate, although I don't have a lot of blemishes or scars; my main concern is even coverage for discoloration. This seems buildable, but I wouldn't recommend applying more than 2 pumps.
I use this in NC50 along with the Pro Longwear concealer in NC45. Like many women of color, the outer area of my face ( forehead and chin) are a little darker than my nose/eye/cheek area. So I apply the concealer first under eye and a little on my upper cheeks using my MAC 188 stipple brush, and finish with 1-2 pumps of foundation applied with the MAC 187 stipple. PERFECT finish that does seem to last all day. IMO this is comparable to MUFE HD foundation but without the steep price tag. Pump is also a plus. Will definitely look forward to repurchasing.
Edited to add: For an extra oommph, I finish with a very light application of MAC mineralize in dark. Absolutly gorgeous. This foundation is definitely HG.

on 9/26/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

HG foundation!!! i have tried every Mac foundation and this is not only my favorite mac foundation but my favorite overall. Stays on all day stays matte great coverage and looks natural!

on 9/26/2010 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I decided to grab a sample first as ive been discouraged by MAC foundations in the past. Day 3 and so far im loving it. I took one point away from the overall rating because although it stays on all day...it definately feels like im wearing loads of make up even when ive only put on a pumps worth.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I give this a 4.5. I love this foundation. I have been using double wear and it is very comparable. It lasts all day but it wasnt drying like el dw. It didnt completely cover some acne scars but thats what concealer is for. Im beyond impressed. I love riding motorcycles where i have a full face helmet on. When i got off i asked my boyfriend what was messed up (usually my makeup is wack lol) and he said nothing it looks the same. Never liked MAC foundation until now.

UPDATE: Used for a week now, It is buildable so I am able to cover everything and lasts all day. My skin looks much better using this foundation too. Going to change it to 5 rating.

Video Reviews & Tutorials