September 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC40 in Fix Fluid and bought NC40 online...there is a diffrence in the two. I'd say the Fix Fluid is more yellow and the pro longwear more beige with a slight pink too it, barely but it's there. That said I prefer the pro longwear shade!

What the majority of the reviewers are saying, is true! This foundation is pretty incredible. Compared to the Fix Fluid, the formula is much lighter but with the same coverage. It isn't super matte like Fix Fluid, it almost has a sheen to it, but isn't sticky or tacky at all. It looks very natural! I also found it firmed my fine lines on my forehead! I have an oily t-zone, I found I do have shine after a couple of hrs, but NO joke I took my finger and rubbed my forehead and the foundation didn't come off at all! Just oil. WOW! Also LOVE that it doesn't oxidize at all!! I agree with what others are saying about dry skin. I have some patches on my cheeks that look a bit scaley after a few hrs. I just have to moisturize well and exfoliate. The lasting power is unmatched, truely! Awesome stuff.

UPDATE: this breaks me out...I will only use it when I need to. Bummer!!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally walked into MAC with the intentions of buying a lipstick and maybe some eyeshadows. I had no idea that MAC came out with this so when I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I have a creepy foundation obbsession and I'm always on the lookout for a new foundation that has the best coverage, lasts all day and night, doesn't fade, doesn't look cakey, etc. The best way to describe this foundation is something similar to MUFE HD foundation or Revlon Photo Ready foundation or even the NARS sheer glow. It has somewhat of a runny consistancy. It applies so easy, gives medium coverage but it is buildable. I tried applying it several different ways and all of the applications looks incredible. I work ten hour shifts and sometimes, I'll head to dinner right after work so I needed something that was going to literally last all day and night. Think about the NARS sheer glow/MUFE HD/Revlon Photo Ready with the staying power of the Revlon Colorstay x10. I didn't want to believe it just because I'm not too fond of MAC foundations. After work, I went to dinner and my face looked like I had just applied my makeup with NO touchups. It was seriously incredible. I thought for sure this makeup is going to break me out, not a single pimple/rash/flake. I must say that I immediately grabbed for this foundation each time now without even contemplating wearing another one at this point. I had purchased the long wear concealer along with this and I must say, I was so sad that it wasn't even comparable to this foundation. I ended up returning it. Overall, fantastic product. Way to go MAC!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by divinitee98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very pleased with the coverage level that was achieved with this foundation. It lasted majority of the day too! 12 Hours!!!...my only gripe and i didnt knock it down any because of it was the color match. Im a NC 45 in SFF and the makeup artist told me they run darker...uh no it doesn't. she gave me NC42, its ok but I can see that i have a ashy look...so i wondering if i need to mix it with NC 45 to get perfect match. IDK! lol...im junkie anyhow so regardless it will get used!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG foundation!! I have tried many different foundations, however there is always one big problem or another. This one keeps my skin from getting oily without it looking too matte or dull. NC15 was a perfect match, and a pump and half will perfectly cover my face and everything I want to cover. However, if you use too much it will look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I really really wanted to love this product. I really did since im a fan of Studio Fix Fluid. However, i do not. My problem with this foundation is that it makes my nose pores very noticeable and it looks like i have tiny dots on my nose. Thats one of the reasons that i do not use EL Double Wear or Lancome. I hate the effect that creates. I did use a primer underneath but the effect is still there. While it does keep my face somewhat matte the oil eventually breaks through and makes me really shiny around 4 hrs later. It also gives me these weird dry patches when it starts breaking down a few hours later. Some parts turn oily some parts turn dry. I also do not like the texture of this. The formula itself is kinda heavy like colorstay. I think i will be sticking to my HG SFF.

**Update** I decided to give a few more days but now its really tearing my face up. I am breaking out and its giving me weird dry skin blotches on face. Plus it melted all over my nose and cheeks on this So Cal weather :(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by omegakitty

after more years than i care to say i believe i have found my HG foundation...i love everything about this..the coverage, the finish, the wear..the color match. It even makes my pores & redness less noticeable. I do get more out of a pump than i need (same thing only worse w/the concealer) but i will work on adjusting to that. I love, love, love it and i didn't even use a primer or a finishing powder. I have combo skin, some light wrinkles and loads of large pores and this makes my face look so much better..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To start, I have very oily skin and this stuff does stay on my face all day. However, even when I apply it correctly and use the smallest amount, it looks like makeup on my skin. The longwear concealer is an entire different story however as that looks extremely natural and looks like skin when blended. This foundation you truly do only need the smallest amout to get full coverage. I have bought foundations before because they said you need the smallest amount and I always needed a ton, but this stuff you really do only need the tiniest bit. I wanted to love this stuff and I do like it alot, but it just does not look as natural as I would like it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by debj314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, first off great coverage. Pores were barely noticable. However, I am normally NW20 and this NW20 was too dark pink. In the store under their lights it looked great. When I was in the sunlight it looked like I had a mask on. You could see where the foundation ended and began. They didnt have anything lighter than NW20 so I had to return it. I was so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by missmayra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried what seemed like everything -Lancome, Dior, Shu Uemura, MUFE, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Fix Powder, MAC Full Coverage, Laura Mercier, Clinique, Prescriptives, Bare Esentuals, Merle Norman, Avon, Maybelline, L'oreal, Cover FX, Studio Gear, Laura Gellar, Stila, Origins, Illuminare, Shiseido, Napolean Perdis, YSL, Cinema Secrets, Estee Lauder, Fresh, Urban Decay...you get the picture. Then this foundation was released.
First of all, MAC's Pro Longwear has excellent coverage that camouflages all but my most stubborn discolorations. For those, a little concealer does the trick.  A light dusting of powder following creates a flawless finish I didn't think my face was capable of achieving! The end result is a finish that is matte, but not dull and flat.
Then there is the color match. I have NEVER found a great matching foundation.  Most make me look dull and ashy or give me a gray/green cast.  Studio Fix Fluid has been my closest match (but I was not thrilled with the coverage and wear). I am NC37 in the winter. Right now I'm a little darker, but not enough to make the next darker shade (NC40) work. Pro Longwear runs a bit lighter, so NC40 is perfect - the best foundation match I've ever had!  It even seems to make my complexion brighter!
Lastly, the oil control and staying power is amazing!  I have oily skin, yet only need one or two touch-ups throughout the entire day!  I've been pleasantly surprised when going to retouch only to find that I don't need it!  Even looked great after a crying episode!
Although the box states that this foundation is light to medium coverage, it can easily build to a fuller coverage. It has more coverage than Studio Fix Fluid. The texture is a bit stickier, but that's probably why the staying power is so fabulous.
To me, this foundation is heaven-sent. I'm so happy that it prompted me to write my first ever review! I will never be without this makeup again. If I could, I'd marry it!  LOL...JK

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kmelgoza

WOW! I absolutely loved this foundation! my 1st MAC purchase and i loved it! the coverage is full and lasted through a whole night out! made my skin look flawless when im in the worst breakout ever. made my skin look dewy but not oily at all. & surprisingly the next day all of my acne that was out of control, was dried out and flat (not inflammed). comes with a pump!