August 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMO, this is the best MAC foundation and concealer texture wise hands down . It feels like a 100%better version of Revlon Colorstay. It's not liquidy or too cakey or too mat. The finish is velvety. You can build the coverage to your liking. It will leave your skin only when you'll decide, which means that their longwear claim is 100% true. And yes it gives you a subtle glow without you looking greasy. The texture is not overly mat. It is really natural and beautiful on the skin. If you have have dry skin, it is not for you. Yes it does not transfer (now no make-up on my phones, papers at work, hubby's shirts, etc). I looked good after NYC heavy rains and my workouts.

Now colorwise, they really need to add some colors. They have less colors than their other lines. The NCs are not yellow enough IMO (they look more pinkish on my skin). The colors look slightly different from the regular MAC foundations. The NWs are redder (but lightly lighter)... well on my skin.

But if the colors work for you well I doubt you'll look back or look for something else. They did a great job on this one though.

More info:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok colorwise),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES! I can finally wear MAC foundation and it's HG! I can't believe it! MAC foundation always broke me out and the color was always off no matter what formula I tried. The NC was way too yellow and NW way too dark. I've been wearing this for a couple of days now; no break outs and the formula is fantastic! Covers all my flaws without looking like a heavy foundation. It wears well throughout a long day. It makes me look like I have great skin. I can't ask for anything more from a foundation. Because this is a velvet finish- (it remind me of Makeup Forever Velvet, but much better) It would not be suitable for dry skin ladies. It clings to dry areas. I make sure I exfoliate prior to applying. I took off a lippie because what happened to an NW15 this time? Luckily, the NW20 was PERFECT! The slight pink gives my face a healthy look. I just don't understand why MAC would not make a shade for fair pink skin ladies. Anyhoo, I can't wait to see how this photographs. Overall... I LOVE this and it will now be a part of my life!

~* I think I may actually like this more than my beloved EL DW. I always get shiny in my T-zone after 6-7 hrs. With this, I did not. I am thrilled!
EDIT: I WILL NEVER WEAR ANYTHING BUT THIS! I EVEN RETURNED MY BELOVED EL DW! MY FACE IS FLAWLESS ALL DAY! FOUNDATION HEAVEN! ; )

Edit# 2: I really like this, but I noticed that I have to layer many, many times to get medium coverage. Another issue is I had to get the NW20 because there was no NW15. In the sun it looks a little too pink for my liking. The NW15 would of been perfect. I also have SFF in NW15 and I like the coverage better than this. Yes, it doesn't last as long, but I'd rather a perfect match and better coverage. I guess I will stick with SFF and EL DW. I am very disappointed!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lipglosschic87

I was so excited to try out this foundation because of what it claimed to be...15 hours in any environmental condition?! I had to give it a try. Initially, I liked the foundation - it was lightweight and blended well. However, because I have dry skin, it didn't give me the look I was looking for...the foundation enhanced my dryness and the finish made my face look flat. I think this foundation is more suitable for those with normal/oily skin because it seems to control oil pretty well. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Clinique3StepSucks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a foundation junkie yet have always been pretty much repulsed by the MAC brand. Seeing the rave initial reviews of this, as well as the concealer, sent me to Nordies in search of this possible holy grail of all foundations. I expect foundation to offer perfect looking skin that lasts the whole day, so it's no wonder I'm constantly on the lookout for the absolute best.

My skin is sensitive, acne-prone, and will develop a shine as the day wears on. Foundations seem to simply disappear on my skin regardless of whether I wear a primer underneath or not. I've had this on for only several hours but, so far, it's stayed a gorgeous matte that doesn't look deathly. I will update this review in the future after I've worn it several times.

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7%
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

10 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on a massive search for the perfect oil control, great coverage, and long lasting foundation for the last six months! I got MUFE Velvet Matte and though it has great coverage it magnified every pore and dry patches I had and sadly not as long lasting as I'd like it to be. I've used almost every MAC foundation and has given up on them the last year because my face is an oil slick in about 2 hours. I started using Pro Longwear and it is my absolute savior. It covered every flaw/pore with the smoothest and natural coverage since Studio Fix. It doesn't leave a flat look like MUFE but instead a soft glow but not sticky or oily to the touch. I find that my MAC 190 is the best brush for application and you can definitely apply a second round because it dries quickly. I'm so happy I found this weeks before my wedding since I'm definitely going to use this. For reference I'm NC42 and it's a perfect match!
***UPDATE***----I used this on my wedding day and it was everything I hoped it would be!! My face looks incredible and flawless and the color match was dead on ( I was afraid It woud be a tad dark against my chest) This has definitely become HG status--search is over!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by annieup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great. I'm one of those people who like to perfect a canvas which takes preference over eyeshadows and whatnot. This foundation gives a nice matte finish and dries very quickly. It gives my face some sort of glow that I can't describe. It looks super natural, even after putting an additional layer of coverage. Medium coverage....PERFECT for oily skin. And there's no foundation residue on my cell phone. Like honestly, I'd be surprised if I see one bad review on it. (A bad review wd have to come from someone with extremely dry skin)......I haven't left it on to see if it really last 15 hours but it certainly does last 12 hours for sure. At the end of the day, I usually use a baby wipe to wipe fdn off before washing and there is usually not too much makeup on it. When I used a wipe to take off this longwear fdn, there's makeup all over the wipe. And it actually rinses off at the end of the day. Usually, I'd have no makeup left after sweating it off. That's proof that it does last. I'm also glad it has a pump. I left a picture in my profile labeled "Mac Longwear Fdn" to show you how natural it looks.

Update: Oct 1, 2010
Unfortunately, my beloved foundation has a few draw backs for me now. First is the color. NW45 seems a bit too dark for me and after a few hours, the color seems to change. The NW50 just looks too pasty on me. Mixing them together just doesn't work. Still looks a lil wierd. I wish there was a larger color selection. Perhaps me mixing NW45 and NW43 (if there were one) may work. And NW44 would be perfect but that doesn't exist. Also, I notice that when I take pictures, there's a grey-white cast. So I'm a lil hesitant to take pictures w/ a flash in this foundation. The picture I posted with this foundation was in day light, no flash and after first applying. This could be avoided with some major blending and bronzer/powder. The coverage is more so medium. like, it doesn't cover all the dark spots i have on the side of my face. But going heavier with this foundation isn't a good idea because it'll look cakey due to all of the oil absorbing properties. Overall, I think it's still a good foundation that everyone with oily skin should try. Especially if you want a natural looking coverge that last all day. I took off a lippy and will put it back on when Mac adds more shades.

20 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation, it lasted about 9-11 hours on me, which is pretty good for me since most of my make up dissapears within 6 hours. I would say the coverage is medium, and the finish is matte but doesn't make your face look dull so that's good but it does accentuate dry patches and settle in my fine lines. I think this is probably one of MACs best foundations, but I would suggest going in store to buy it because I'm
an nw30 and I got this in nw30 also but it was lighter and had more of an orange tint to it compared to studio fix liquid nw30. Overall, good foundation, medium coverage, lasts long, but be sure to exfoliate + moisturize and go
to the counter/store for a better match.

EdIT: this foundation is sheer. With 3+ layers you get medium coverage. I applied half my face with this and the other half with studio fix. I had to apply this foundation several more layers to get the same amount of coverage as studio fix. As a sheer foundation, it's good. But what's the point of lasting for a long time if it doesn't cover anything? Idk if I would repurchase. NO way in hell this could be full coverage unless you layered it 6+ times. Try doing half your face with this and the other half with actual full coverage products, like MAC full coverage (PRO product) or studio tech, then I'm sure you'll beg to differ that this is not medium-full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, the shade is spot on for my very difficult to match skintone. I agree with everyone here that the foundations run a tad light, which is a good thing because I'm a bit darker than an NC40 and lighter than an NC42, so I would have to buy both in order to get the perfect shade. NC42 is perfect for my in-between skintone :) Onto the product: the consistency is almost like the studiofix, same type of smell (which is probably my only gripe) but is creamy and easy to blend. Coverage-wise I would say medium to full, because it covers my acne scarring really well. The formula is a matte-finish, but doesn't feel drying. For it's "longwear" capability, I would rate it a 10/10 because my face did not oil up like it would usually do, so my foundation didn't slip off..and i didn't even use a primer! so that's a huge plus for me. Lastly, there's a pump! Hallelujah! so I wont contaminate the product. Oh, and I only took off 1 lippie because of the chemical-like smell, but other than that, I'm very satisfied with the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

too cakey, and too drying. i feel like all my fine lines are emphasized when i'm wearing this, and oh, I hate the way this smells ! the coverage is ok, it's just medium, and it's not buildable, try to build it up and you'll look like a freak after wards. i will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I'd heard great things about EL Double Wear and got some but was disappointed. It would look okay for an hour or so and then if my skin produced any oil, the Double Wear would cake up and would just sit there on top of my skin in a mess. I hesitated to try this one since others were comparing it to DW but it's SO much nicer. I apply with a foundation brush and then set it with a little powder and it looks beautiful all day. If I get a little oil break through I just blot and it looks fresh again.

I've tried MAC foundations before and have liked them but didn't love them until now. Longwear is their best yet, IMO.