October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

Best foundation I have ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lmbernabe

I have been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for 3+ years now and since I have bought this foundation a week ago, my fix fluid hasn't even seen the light of day!! I am in love with this foundation! I love the finish it gives to my combination skin. I probably would not recommend this to people with dry skin because it may make your skin appear more dry. Also, the staying power is amazing! At the end of a 10 hour school day, it looked almost the same as when I first put it on (except for my T-zone area where I tend to get naturally oily throughout the day). I also like the fact that it comes with a pump for easier application. The studio fix fluid did not so I had to pay extra for a separate pump. One negative is that the colors are a little wonky so it might be best to be color tested in-store. If you would like to see photos of the finish, Temptalia has some great photos that pretty much won me over into buying it for myself:) http://www.temptalia.com/mac-pro-longwear-spf-10-foundation-review-photos-swatches

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by CHRISTIE09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great foundation! Blends easily and it looks really natural against my skin (yellow undertones). I like a light-medium coverage and this is definitely buildable! But when it dries, it does kind of feel like a mask but i set it with a translucent powder and it looks so great! Truly recommends this as it does remind me of Revlon Colorstay!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mom2zo

I really feel sad that I can't use this foundation. It's a great foundation! Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. I have these tiny little pimples popping up around my face, even my forehead, and i never get breakouts on my forehead. It's a great foundation....it stays put like it says, it goes on smoothly, and it's not a flat matte foundation. I wore it yesterday for 12 hours, and only blotted once in the afternoon. I have to say the coloring system is a bit off...I actually had to go from an NC to an NW just to get the right shade, and I've always been an NC, but that just means you should be color matched the first time around at a counter. I am so disappointed, but I've worked too hard to get my skin clear, and I have my first glycolic peel on Friday, I really can't have this breaking me out. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC40 in Fix Fluid and bought NC40 online...there is a diffrence in the two. I'd say the Fix Fluid is more yellow and the pro longwear more beige with a slight pink too it, barely but it's there. That said I prefer the pro longwear shade!

What the majority of the reviewers are saying, is true! This foundation is pretty incredible. Compared to the Fix Fluid, the formula is much lighter but with the same coverage. It isn't super matte like Fix Fluid, it almost has a sheen to it, but isn't sticky or tacky at all. It looks very natural! I also found it firmed my fine lines on my forehead! I have an oily t-zone, I found I do have shine after a couple of hrs, but NO joke I took my finger and rubbed my forehead and the foundation didn't come off at all! Just oil. WOW! Also LOVE that it doesn't oxidize at all!! I agree with what others are saying about dry skin. I have some patches on my cheeks that look a bit scaley after a few hrs. I just have to moisturize well and exfoliate. The lasting power is unmatched, truely! Awesome stuff.

UPDATE: this breaks me out...I will only use it when I need to. Bummer!!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally walked into MAC with the intentions of buying a lipstick and maybe some eyeshadows. I had no idea that MAC came out with this so when I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I have a creepy foundation obbsession and I'm always on the lookout for a new foundation that has the best coverage, lasts all day and night, doesn't fade, doesn't look cakey, etc. The best way to describe this foundation is something similar to MUFE HD foundation or Revlon Photo Ready foundation or even the NARS sheer glow. It has somewhat of a runny consistancy. It applies so easy, gives medium coverage but it is buildable. I tried applying it several different ways and all of the applications looks incredible. I work ten hour shifts and sometimes, I'll head to dinner right after work so I needed something that was going to literally last all day and night. Think about the NARS sheer glow/MUFE HD/Revlon Photo Ready with the staying power of the Revlon Colorstay x10. I didn't want to believe it just because I'm not too fond of MAC foundations. After work, I went to dinner and my face looked like I had just applied my makeup with NO touchups. It was seriously incredible. I thought for sure this makeup is going to break me out, not a single pimple/rash/flake. I must say that I immediately grabbed for this foundation each time now without even contemplating wearing another one at this point. I had purchased the long wear concealer along with this and I must say, I was so sad that it wasn't even comparable to this foundation. I ended up returning it. Overall, fantastic product. Way to go MAC!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by divinitee98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very pleased with the coverage level that was achieved with this foundation. It lasted majority of the day too! 12 Hours!!!...my only gripe and i didnt knock it down any because of it was the color match. Im a NC 45 in SFF and the makeup artist told me they run darker...uh no it doesn't. she gave me NC42, its ok but I can see that i have a ashy look...so i wondering if i need to mix it with NC 45 to get perfect match. IDK! lol...im junkie anyhow so regardless it will get used!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG foundation!! I have tried many different foundations, however there is always one big problem or another. This one keeps my skin from getting oily without it looking too matte or dull. NC15 was a perfect match, and a pump and half will perfectly cover my face and everything I want to cover. However, if you use too much it will look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I really really wanted to love this product. I really did since im a fan of Studio Fix Fluid. However, i do not. My problem with this foundation is that it makes my nose pores very noticeable and it looks like i have tiny dots on my nose. Thats one of the reasons that i do not use EL Double Wear or Lancome. I hate the effect that creates. I did use a primer underneath but the effect is still there. While it does keep my face somewhat matte the oil eventually breaks through and makes me really shiny around 4 hrs later. It also gives me these weird dry patches when it starts breaking down a few hours later. Some parts turn oily some parts turn dry. I also do not like the texture of this. The formula itself is kinda heavy like colorstay. I think i will be sticking to my HG SFF.

**Update** I decided to give a few more days but now its really tearing my face up. I am breaking out and its giving me weird dry skin blotches on face. Plus it melted all over my nose and cheeks on this So Cal weather :(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by omegakitty

after more years than i care to say i believe i have found my HG foundation...i love everything about this..the coverage, the finish, the wear..the color match. It even makes my pores & redness less noticeable. I do get more out of a pump than i need (same thing only worse w/the concealer) but i will work on adjusting to that. I love, love, love it and i didn't even use a primer or a finishing powder. I have combo skin, some light wrinkles and loads of large pores and this makes my face look so much better..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No