Clarisonic Mia

Plastic

on 10/8/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not really adding anything new - but this is GREAT. I don't wear foundation daily - so wasn't sure I really needed this to extra clean my skin. But figured I could return in case in I didn't like. I went ahead and got..keep in mind only been using for about 4 days now, 2x a day. I have normal skin with oilyish nose and chin...30+ year old skin that is not prone to being sensitive or red and have mostly uniform deep olive pigment...

I am kind of blown away by how clean my skin feels. I use with a nondrying cleanser (paula's choice or some other d/s brand w/out salicylic acid or other drying stuff) and my skin feels great. AM moisturizer feels like it soaks in more, night AHA treatments seem to penetrate better as well..I use tazorac .05% on my chin and there has been no issues there either...when I do wear foundation to go out I use less and it looks like a 2nd skin. I also use less of my other skin care stuff as well....I still use other "gritty" exfoliating cleansers when I feel like it - just not with the product (=sand papering your face) as long as I don't go overboard...I am curious to see if this makes the tazorac work better (right now it's been doing nothing good or bad for my under the skin weird mini chin bumps that neither me nor my derm are sure are acne/clogged pores) but too early to tell

I honestly think part of it is that cause its fun to use and relaxing - you just spend more time cleaning your face and it forces you to do it more thoroughly....but either way it works!

I use the sensitive head- but ordered the normal just to compare. Great small charger and the fact that it is waterproof are both nice extras...
with winter on its way on the East Coast ..glad I purchased! Thinking of getting one for my mom...

on 10/6/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE!! Noticed improved skin texture after first use. Skin felt smoother and felt sooo much cleaner. I used to get minor breakouts all the time (i.e. I always had like 1 or 2 pimples somewhere). Occasionally, they still come up but their occurrence has been reduced soo much. It also is good for taking makeup off completely. Before, even with makeup remover follower by cleanser, I could still see some makeup residue. Clarisonic cleans it right up. The Mia is also a nice small size, relatively easy to pack for travel. Sometimes if I'm only away for a long weekend, I won't pack the charger and just make sure I charge it beforehand and it'll last my entire trip.

on 10/6/2010 1:01:00 AM

I was a skeptic, yes I was. I eyed this product for awhile but was hesitant to purchase because..well it looks like a giant electronic toothbrush. But BOY, i'm glad i did! I have combination skin (more oily), a few dark acne scars medium size pores. I'm 22 but because of lack of sleep, i've been seeing very fine lines on the sides of my mouth and forehead.

I love the way clarsonic makes me feel like I actually removed ALL my foundation. This worked great for the fine lines! Seems to keep my oily-ness at bay throughout the day as well! My pores are significantly smaller and my makeup glides on in the morning :) At first, I did experience a small breakout...three small pimples but after one week, they're gone and my skin looks...CLEAN! I don't see any reduction for my dark acne spots but I didnt expect them to go right away. Hopefully, slowly but surely they'll go away :D Clarsonic is a MUST BUY for makeup wearers! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 10/4/2010 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I reserved my judgement on this product until I used it for a month, now that QVC had taken the 2nd EZ pay from my account, I think it's safe to review it. I finally bought the Mia when it went for 3 E-Z pays on QVC approximately a month ago. I had wanted one for quite some time after reading reviews on here and seeing how well it sold on QVC. First, let me say that I do see an improvement in my 46 year old face. However, there are no "miracles". I can see a definite improvement in texture and my makeup goes on much better. In terms of blackheads, age spots, etc. I find that blackheads are much lighter and also "purge" easier, they have not disappeared completely. I daresay they never will, but perhaps with continued use they may even become less noticeable. A light age spot on my one cheek seems to have lightened a bit, but it still remains.

I don't know if the earlier you start using this, the better results you get over time or not. I enjoy using this, it feels as if you are massaging your face. I use it with Cetaphil cleanser and the normal brush and have been using it nightly, although I may reduce to every other night as I seem to be feeling a slight sensitivity in my cheek areas.

I would recommend it to other MUAers experiencing skin issues as I do think it definitely helps. It is an investment in your skin and not one to be taken lightly. I would say to purchase from QVC, and wait for it as a TSV with E-Z pay. They usually do this 2-3 times a year, because it is such a popular product. As Christmas time is nearing I can almost predict between now (Oct.) and the end of the year they should have it on TSV at least one more time.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've owned my Clarisonic Mia (pink) for about 3 months now. I looooove it and my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. I always watched, fascinated as they would fly out the door whenever presented on QVC or off the shelves of my fave beauty stores but wasn't sure if it was worth all the hype. So my sister & I each bought one and wow, I have to say that my skin has NEVER looked or felt cleaner and stays clear! It's amazing. I use mine with my favorite cleanser (usually Purpose Gentle Foaming Cleanser or Cetaphil daily cleanser and the results have been amazing. Having turned 30 last year (ahhhh, but hey, it happens to all of us & it's been fabulous so far) :) It's totally worth the price and I'm soooooo glad I went with the Mia over the full-size version because it's very easy to travel with (mine also came with 3 mini cleansers) and easy to charge and take in and out of the shower with me. I love it and couldn't be happier with it and my skin looks AMAZING and feels so good. My skin can be a little sensitive at times, but I actually prefer the normal brush vs. the sensitive. Which, by the way, the Mia uses the same brushes as the larger models. Love it, couldn't be happier. If you're thinking about it, go for it. For 1 minute in the shower or at the skin, this takes cleaning to a whole new level and feels amazing and it's worth every penny. You know you want one, go for it! :)

on 10/2/2010 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this every morning with my cream cleanser for 2 weeks now. There seems to be less blackheads on my nose but I have not really noticed any other differences to the condition of my skin. I still have visible pores on my cheeks and redness so I avoid going over the red areas of my cheeks or it irritates. I find my face to be feeling quite dry afterwards but that's just my skin reacting to the unusually long and cold winter where I am living, usually my skin is normal/dry but last few months my skin has been extra extra dry and flaky so I have been using new products to sort out my skin problems. The Mia comes with the sensitive brush head and I just ordered the replacement delicate brush head so hopefully that will suit my skin better and I will update my review when I have used the delicate brush head for a few weeks. At the moment I would not yet recommend my friends to purchase this product but I will keep using for a few more months and see how it goes! I choose to believe in the many positive MUA reviews so hopefully my skin will improve with sonic cleansing. The machine is best described as a giant electric toothbrush for the face...many expensive electric toothbrushes are also sonic powered =)

Okay, I will admit it first..I am 39. I have taken pretty good care of my skin since my 20's, but I had noticed that I was duller, with fine lines creeping in, the odd pimple here and there..after some research, I purchased the Mia. Not cheap, by any means, but if I am spending 90 bucks a month on Lancome skincare, this was a bargain, right?
All that considered, YES.
I have had teriffic results in a month. I had initial purging, but overall, my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and it's like a facial massage every night. My serums and creams soak in much better, and I have noticed not only an increase in luminosity, but my fine lines have softened. My hubs has even said he wants to try it, and that's pretty big, LOL. I agree with other reviewers- on young skin, maybe not as dramatic. On 35 or older, with the beginnings of wrinkles or sun damage- definitely worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received my Clarisonic Mia about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it!

I can already see the difference in my skin. My complexion looks clearer, and there are no more dry patches, so it is much easier to get a smooth makeup application. It looks balanced and healthy, and I haven't had any breakouts lately!

I also love the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that was included - it cleans my oily/combination skin with NO harsh detergents, leaving it feeling clean but not stripped dry, as many skin cleansers designed for my complexion type often do!

The sonic vibrations of the brush head feel soothing, and I love that the bristles come in different strengths for different skin types. I am using the Sensitive brush head, with the Gentle Hydro Cleanser.

I highly recommend the Clarisonic Mia!

on 9/29/2010 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've had the Mia for 4 months now. I've never had any problems with my skin, but I'm a big believer in taking meticulous care of one's skin. I had been using Kirkland facial wipes to clean my face and I didn't expect to be able to remove any additional makeup. I was surprised that the Mia removed a little more makeup after using the wipes. So I still use the facial wipes and finish up with the Mia (and a mild cleanser that I purchased at Whole Foods). I had waited to write my review because I wasn't sure that the Mia was making a difference. However, I do think there's a subtle improvement in my skin. I had noticed on both sides of my face (on my cheeks - sort of near the ears) that the pores had become much more noticeable. No amount of washing or glycolic acid seemed to make a difference. Now after using the Mia for a few months, the pores are much less visible - I think the cleaning from the Mia is deeper and more thorough.
So, I would recommend this as an addition to one's cleaning routine. It's not absolutely essential, but I like it and am glad that I purchased it.

on 9/27/2010 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using my mia for about 10 days now. It did break me out for the first few days. I was pretty worried and a bit scared but now my skin is liking it. It has made my skin clearer and smoother.

I still have blackheads on my nose but it's a lot less than before. I only use it once every evening. I tried to use it twice daily but it was a bit much for my sensitive skin. I am touching my face now. lol It feels very soft. :)

I will update again in a month or so. :)

5 Oct 2010: the weather is changing right now. I can't use it every night because it makes my cheeks feel very tight. I think I am going to use it 2 times a week or maybe once a week.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools