Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 11/7/2010 4:35:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product... I know, I know you've heard this before but I can honestly tell you it's no ordinary brush. It's like a magic wand brush! I bought two Mia's one for my sister and one for myself and I absoultely love it. After using it, my skin was super smooth, creaseless and and felt so PURE and clean. I have used face brushes before from Sephora but it does not come close to the Clarisonic. I use my Mia after I put on my creme de la mer and it absorbs it so well! I end up using less of it because of the Mia.

on 11/4/2010 1:41:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora, and I was lookingh for something to boost my skincare routine. Well, I found it! This feels great on my skin, makes my pores almost invisible, very easy to travel with...PERFECT!

on 11/3/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for about 6 months and I love the results. I have dry and sensitive skin which would flake hours after I exfoliated before I got the MIA. Now I'm able to keep it under control and I've gotten to the point where I don't have to use it in the mornings and in the afternoons. My skin feels super clean and fresh after I use it and I feel like it's doing something for my skin - that's the best part. You can see the results right away. It's also decreased the size of my pores and evened out my skin tone.

on 10/24/2010 5:19:00 PM

While I definitely noticed a difference in how this was cleaning my skin, I found it a bit too harsh for my skin type (dry and moderately sensitive). I was using the sensitive brush head but it still felt a little harsh. I ended up selling this because I didn't think I would use it that much.

While their was a difference, I didn't find it that significant. Definitely not significant enough to justify the price.

I probably would have kept this if it wasn't so expensive. In my opinion, it is just too much money for what it is. If you can afford it and you have more oily skin that isn't sensitive, I might recommend it. But I just didn't think it was worth the price.

I love my Mia. I've had it for about a month, so i figured thats time enough to give a honest review. I suffer from cystic hormonal acne, so i get it mostly around my jaw line and chin...sometimes on the lower part of my cheeks. The mia did not clear up my acne yet (it takes TIME people!!!!) , but it has imporved it a lot better than anything else i've tried....and i've tried just about everything. I highly reccomend this product. If you have the 150$, get it! Go to skinterra.com...they usually have coupons where you can save like 30$! It's worth it! I'd say if you don't have acne prone skin, its not really worth the money, because a good exfoillent will do the same thing for that skin type. Also, purchase the right brush head for your skin!!! Don't try to get a harsher one because you think it "cleans" better. It doesn't. It just rips your skin apart...and who wants that!???! My only con is the price.

on 10/22/2010 1:56:00 PM

Not that this needs another rave review, but I can't seem to help myself. :-)

The reason I bought it was that (a) I had been coveting it madly since I read about it on here, and (b) I recently managed to really, really mess up my face with the use of waaaay too many new products in too short a time span. I broke out like a 14 year old girl locked in at Willy Wonka's and boy was it ugly.

I am 43, btw., and I have always had a bit of hormonal breakouts, but never anything terrible (aside from my teens, when I looked like a precursor to the Gulf oil spill). In the winter I always get all flaky, to the point where my makeup resembles little puzzle pieces on my face. Bad look, for sure, especially when paired with massive breakout. So I stopped using ANYTHING on my face, other than a mild moisturizer. I gave it a couple of days, and I could see that it was going to go all flaky, flaky to the point that it would look like I had very, very dry leprosy.

So in a wild attempt to (1) cheer myself up and distract myself from the horror that was my skin and (2) possibly stave off the "dehydrated lizard" look that I was sure to get, I ran out to Ulta and bought the mia. I also got a small container of the philosophy "hope in a jar," or whatever that stuff is called. I got the mia that has it's own cradle charger, mostly b/c they had it as a special for Breast Cancer Awareness, and some of the massive amount of money I was spending would go to a good cause, so I could feel less badly about spending such a large amount of cash on myself.

OMG. It is amazing. I totally completely absolutely have avoided the flaky stage of this breakout. Not only that, but a couple of days of using the mia in the morning and at night, and I have had none of the typical dry flaky stuff that I normally get either. My makeup goes on better, and looks much smoother and prettier than ever before. My skin hasn't looked this nice, ever, not even when I was young, b/c I simply had no idea then how to take care of it, and thus was a walking zit for most of my teens.

Now, it's totally possible that it's a bit of both, Mia and HIJ. But I'll just say that they can have my Mia when they pry it from my cold, dead hand. :-)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go wash my face. :-)

on 10/21/2010 1:30:00 PM

Go buy this. Don't walk to Sephora, run. Honestly I debated buying this for a year. I don't have bad skin, but there was definitely room for improvement. I mainly bought this to help with huge pores on and around my nose and chin as well as some flakiness. I've only had it a few days but I have already noticed a difference. I know you can't actually shrink the size of your pores, but they look so much clearer now. For me, that is worth the money right there. When you think about it, it's super easy to spend over $100 at Sephora or a department store on one or two skincare products, so this isn't that bad. I think that some people might have problems with this as far as a reaction, or having it cause a flare up with their acne, but I think that far more people really benefit from it. With Sephora's return policy you really have nothing to lose. I'll update in several weeks when I've used this for longer, but I can't really see my opinion changing.
EDIT: it's been another month and I love this just as much as I did in the beginning. I was using it morning and night but now I'm just using it at night. I take off all of my makeup with a makeup wipe and then use this with my Darphin Intral cleanser. I haven't really had a single blemish since I started using this and my pores are clearer. Also just a side note that I have pretty sensitive skin and I use the sensitive brush and that works perfectly. I also bought a normal brush to use on my boyfriend to give him a "back facial" since he has some acne on his back from sports clothes etc. Just using it once or twice a week on his back with the normal brush has totally cleared up his back without using any other products!

on 10/20/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Within days my skin was a dry, red, itchy mess, with breakouts all over my cheeks that took weeks to heal. I sent this straight back and got a refund.

Very disappointed.

i love this. i had been thinking about trying this out for awhile. i purchased it off of the shopping channel, they had a special on. i feel that it works. it's a bit pricey which i think was why i put off buying it. it sucks that you have to keep buying new brush heads, there kinda pricey too. i really like the cleanser that came with it though (the blue one, for oily skin). overall i'm pleased and would recommend it to others.

on 10/11/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Years ago, when the Clarisonic first came out, I just could not imagine myself spending so much on a tool. After I finished birth control, my skin became oily with huge pores that are constantly (and I mean constantly) clogged with hardened sebum. I saw the reviews online and thought maybe I should try it out. It is day TWO people and I already notice a vast improvement in the texture and softness in my skin. After using this last night and this morning, when I applied my cream today I already saw a drastic improvement in the stubborn bumps beneath the surface. I don't even care about any of the other features, that is enough for me because nothing else: masks, exfoliators, cleansers have managed to clean out that gunk beneath the surface. I am soooo happy! My recommendations with this brush (if you are oily) are the Bioderma Sebium Cleanser and a Glycolic based cleanser for the morning like Jan Marini Bioglycolic. I highly recommend. And by the way, the Mia is better than the regular Clarisonic because you can use it in the shower and you can charge it at home and take it by itself to your boyfriend's or friend's or on a trip. I like it!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools