October 23, 2014 | 1016 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkyparadise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love my clarisonic mia, it has really helped my skin. my skin before the mia would be pretty dull and kept getting pimples on my chin and these pimples would get pretty big! i used to get pimples on my chin in high school and now after college they have returned! after using the mia the pimples shrunk and have practically disappeared, there is still the spot where it was before, but i have been using the clinique skin tone correcting and the spots have been fading. my skin became more luminous and so soft, no more dullness! i used the brush head for sensitive skin, twice daily with favorite cleanser, my skin is combination, oily on my forehead and nose and chin, but normal to dry on my cheeks.
it has also helped my nightly skin treatments to absorb better, i can feel the difference in the morning. during the day, my face doesnt get as oily and i only blot once during the day when before i would have to blot every few hours. right now i just use my benefit concealer for my under eyes and sweep hello flawless power and i am set! no more foundation for me. i get so many compliments about my skin and i know that i will keep the mia in my skin routine for a long time. i highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I break out into cystic acne a few days into using this. I've used it on and off the past 5 months and it's happened every single time :-( I haven't used it for about 2 months and safe to say that I'm better with it. I wanted this to work so bad!! Oh well...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting a Clarisonic since I heard about it years ago from Michelle Phan, but could not justify spending the money on it. After years of waiting, I finally decided to get the Mia that has the most reviews and the cheapest of the Clarisonic line. I decided to get mine at Ulta since they have a nice 60 day return policy (used or not) in case it didn't work out for me.

When I got home and opened the box in excitement I was really disappointed at how cheap the sensitive brush head it came with looked. The bristles were shedding like crazy :( When I used it, it didn't feel like the Mia was doing anything to my skin. My skin felt bleh afterwards so I was not impressed at all. I might of had a defective one. I decided for $80 more I might as well go for the Plus with more settings. I have to say there is a noticeable difference between the two that surprised me. The bristles that came with the Plus, sensitive and soft therapy heads are better quality and the lowest setting (same as the Mia) worked far better for in my opinion. Again it might of been a defective Mia, but I'm thrilled I upgraded to the Plus. I'm still testing out the whole Clarisonic experience and awaiting good results :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by katy24

The MIA has really worked for me!Pores are much smaller,texture is very smooth,skin is more firm,overall skintone is much more even(I have freckles&some scarring so bringing it back to a more even tone is almost impossible).Also this has indirectly helped ease my sinus area&decreased puffiness beneath my eyes.I use it once daily,it automatically shuts-off after 1 minute so you can't overdo it.I got this on sale from QVC& have used it for a few months with the sensitive brush head.I highly recommend this to anyone over age 35-I'm not sure younger people will get as much out of this ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I got this right before my wedding, because I was in panic-mode about my acne. I can't say that I have terrible acne, but I do have maaaany blackheads and when I do get the occasional zit, it's a KILLER one! I've been using it now for about 3 months & I don't feel that it's done anything really AMAZING for my skin, but I'm a tough crowd.

I definitely experienced purging during the first month of usage, as I was breaking out in places I'd never had pimples before. I started out using it twice daily, but found that to be too drying & irritating, even for my super oily skin. Once nightly usage seems to be perfect for me. I still get the occasional pimple here and there & still have persistent blackheads, but I do love the fact that it removes makeup really well & feels nice on the skin, unlike the cheaper face brush versions. (Beauticontrol microderm brush = ouch!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by gallosgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Mia for about a week now... and although I don't have many problems with my skin, right away I could see an improvement in my skin texture and tone. I also felt it helped give my skin a "glow" and minimizes the appearance of the lines I am beginning to develop from frowning in my sleep and around my eyes. My skin feels amazing and soft after cleansing with this brush... I can't wait to see the long term benefits, especially if it minimizes my pores. So far I really LOVE this brush, and am glad that I finally splurged on one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a miracle worker! The difference is very subtle, but I do see it. I am only using this for 2 weeks but already, i feel weird when I need to charge my mia and i couldn't use it.. m using the delicate head, twice a day - experienced minor purging first week (was wondering why the mini outbreak but nothing that can't be covered up) - but now i can wear just liquid foundation and light dust of pp/guerlain meteorites and go out feeling comfortable! skin feels smoother, softer !

Eta: this has reached HG status for me, I am still using the same Mia and I alternate sensitive and pore cleansing heads - cant live without this baby! It has improved my skin condition over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Despite hearing good things about Clarisonic, I was very skeptical about this product because I didn't think that a skin care brush would make that much of a difference in the way your skin looks. I certainly didn't think that any skin care brush would be worth $150. After using the Mia twice a day for a month, however, I have to say that this is the best skin care purchase I've made in years. Sure, it's pricey, but think of it as an investment. You can use it with any cleanser, and it actually makes ALL of your skin care products work better by helping your cleanser to really clean your pores and prepping your skin for better absorption of serums and moisturizers. If you find that your favorite skin care products stop working for you after a while, this will be a great booster for your existing products. As for the people who are experiencing dryness or breakouts, you might be scrubbing too hard with the brush. Alternatively, you might be using the wrong type of brush for your skin. I have the brush for sensitive skin, and I haven't experienced any problems at all. In addition, it takes time to see a noticeable improvement in your skin. I didn't notice any difference in my skin at first, but after using it consistently for two weeks, I began to see smoother, clearer, and more radiant skin. I'm glad I purchased the Mia and can't imagine going back to manually washing my face now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by rainstreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two months now and I haven't seen my skin look this good in a LONG time. When I moved to Boston my t-zone got SUPER dry and no moisturizer, exfoliator, etc could bring it back to normal. I heard good things about this product so I bit the bullet and bought it. In one use I noticed that the dryness was gone! Continued use led to improved texture and tone, lightened blemishes, reduced redness and that glow-y look I've been trying to achieve.

I took off a star for the price (even thought its worth it!) and because for the first few weeks of using this product I did break out a little. Nothing concerning and nothing I've never seen before, it was just annoying. However, since I was also using a new cleanser in combination with the clarisonic I can't place all the blame on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have never purchase a beauty tool this expensive before but it was totally worth it. After a week of using this, my skin is glowing.I bought mine from Skinstore.com. I got it within 4 days, that is including Sat and Sun.

During the time of the month, i would usually have cystic acne forming on my chin. But Mia stops the acne to forms. I could still feel the acne bumps but within a day or two, it will subside. That actually means less scarring!

Another good thing about Mia is it reduces my pores size slightly, giving it a more refined look. I have oily and sensitive skin (redness on my cheeks) and the sensitive brush is not too harsh for my skin ( note that i use this up to twice daily).