Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 8/26/2009 10:47:00 AM

I like that it lengthened and defined my already long lashes without adding bulk. Adding extra coats can be tricky, since it's best to do it while it's still wet. Adding coats after it's dry can lead to unsightly clumps.

It already comes with a chemically-type odor when new, so it would probably be hard to tell when/if it turns.

I'm almost to the end of my first tube of this and I like it as a run-of-the-mill lengthening mascara, but I would not buy again, since there are other ones out there that work better and can be layered more easily.

I do like the packaging with the stiletto heel, and the brush is good for reaching all lashes.

on 8/26/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love the packaging but hate the product. It sucks! Does not lengthen at all!

on 8/26/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mascara worked better over another mascara than on its own. I put a couple coats over a thinner mascara and it looked very, very good. Probably won't buy again as I got it on sale at Walgreen's and can't see paying $$ for something that doesn't work that well.

on 8/25/2009 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've never been a huge Maybelline mascara fan. I think Great Lash is the most overrated mascara ever. I tried this because the ads look interesting and the drugstore had it on sale. Well, I've been shocked at how much I like this product. I like the wand because it gets the really short hairs and you get full coverage on each lash. It doesn't clump together for me (I do use a Smashbox lash primer first though) and when using this in conjunction with my Shu Uemura curler, my lashes stay up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did like this, it added length but no volume. The only thing that made me dislike it and throw it in my makeup bin was it flaked for me. But maybe I got an old tube. I will try it again, maybe i'll go with the waterproof kind. Also it didn't hold a curl very well.

EDIT: my lashes started to get dry and break, this was the culpret so my thoughts have changed, try rimmel the max volume flash instead

So I saw the ad for it and I was sold it was just so pretty and it looked so sexy I just had to have it. I had no real hope for this one since Maybelline mascaras most of the time don't work for me but this one did work it made my long eyelashes even longer one coat and they were already touching my eyebrows. People were asking me if they were my eyelashes or they fake they were loving them and how big they were and I was loving the look. Def. give it a try.

on 8/24/2009 3:31:00 PM

Don't believe all the ads for this product. The mascara is really goopy and does not add length as claimed. Brush did not allow you to get individual lashes, made them stick together.

on 8/23/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really can't believe all of the negative reviews! I really like this mascara. Makes my lashes look long, dark and glossy! I love the way the tube looks; very cute! I only rated it a 4 because I think there could be something better out there. I, however, still really like this stuff and would repurchase!

Edit (9-20-19): I'm giving this mascara the full five lippies. I absolutely love this stuff. So much better than everything I've tried. My favourite d/s mascara!

on 8/23/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

At the moment this is my favorite mascara! It does an EXCELLENT job at lengthing the lashes. I don't understand the low ratings on this product. Great product, just love it :)

on 8/23/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is my HG mascara! i love love loveeeee itttttt. i mostly like hiigh end mascaras, but i decided to try this one out. im so glad i did! i already have long eyelashes but they are not very thick. this mascara makes it look like i have 345678 eyelashes and they all llook superr long and super thick. it says that this is supposed to make your eyelashes glossy? i dont know about that, but they dont look dry and gross like how diorshow makes them look. and they help curl my eyelashes too. also my eyelashes dont clump with this. i mean sometimes i do need to use an eyelash comb but over loveee this mascara.! <3

Video Reviews & Tutorials