Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 8/30/2009 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I think the bottle itself is absolutely adorable and the commercials for it are great. But, I won't be buying this product again. The brush is fantastic, I really do like it, and it grabs onto even my smaller lashes. However, when applying it it tends to form those "spider lashes" no matter how hard I try to make it so that it doesn't happen! Instead of ending up with a million lashes I end up with about 10. Terrible. The smell is a little strange too, and kind of off-putting every time you open the tube.

on 8/30/2009 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like I get really inconsistent results with this product. Some days, my lashes look ridiculously long, but other days, it does nothing for me.

on 8/29/2009 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This mascara is ok. I don't generally go for lengthening mascaras but this was selling for $7 for 2 at Target and I couldn't pass it up. I didn't notice the smell other reviewers are talking about. It comes off easily (I just use Cetaphil and water, no need for makeup remover). However, it's a very wet formula so it tends to get all over my lids when I'm applying it. Also, it just gives average results. It's okay for a day-to-day mascara, but it's nothing you'd use when you really want your eyes to pop.

on 8/27/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Eww... the smell of this mascara is so strong and it's not even a good smell. It makes me want to throw up. When I first applied it, the smell was so bad that I quickly ran to the bathroom and wash it off. It did seem to clump. I have not used this mascara again and I won't ever. This is definitely a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

on 8/26/2009 2:36:00 PM

My overall view on this product is Meh. It didn't do much of anything for my lashes. It tends to flake off for me throughout the day. I don't see it lengthening much. I'm not impressed.

on 8/26/2009 2:04:00 PM

I found this to be an average mascara; better than I expected though. It lengthens alot, does not flake on me and holds a curl. It doesn't add any volume what so ever and since I like mascaras with a little more drama, I probably won't buy again. All in all though, it's a decent mascara for the price.

on 8/26/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the worst mascaras I have tried. I'm so disappointed because the mascara has such a cool name and design.. and the model's lashes looked so full and long on the commercial. I'm puzzled as to how to how the makeup artists on set made their lashes so great using THIS mascara.. so I'm convinced that in the commercial another mascara was used on the models. When I tried this, my lashes clumped together, and looked like "spider lashes." They were long, yes, but clumpy and just a disaster. It was just a mess. While it was still wet, I took the brush from my favourite masacara, CG LashBlastLuxe, and managed to fix my lashes. Thus, I am sure that it is the brush on Lash Stiletto that is just horrible.

on 8/26/2009 10:47:00 AM

I like that it lengthened and defined my already long lashes without adding bulk. Adding extra coats can be tricky, since it's best to do it while it's still wet. Adding coats after it's dry can lead to unsightly clumps.

It already comes with a chemically-type odor when new, so it would probably be hard to tell when/if it turns.

I'm almost to the end of my first tube of this and I like it as a run-of-the-mill lengthening mascara, but I would not buy again, since there are other ones out there that work better and can be layered more easily.

I do like the packaging with the stiletto heel, and the brush is good for reaching all lashes.

on 8/26/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love the packaging but hate the product. It sucks! Does not lengthen at all!

on 8/26/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mascara worked better over another mascara than on its own. I put a couple coats over a thinner mascara and it looked very, very good. Probably won't buy again as I got it on sale at Walgreen's and can't see paying $$ for something that doesn't work that well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials