Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 9/1/2009 2:48:00 PM

I am surprised this wasn't rated higher. I actually really like this mascara. I do have very short lashes that need much lengthening and this does the trick. I like how it is applied while it is still wet. I really like how soft my lashes are even after the product has dried. The look is so natural, it looks like you have really long lashes naturally. However, one con is that it leaves smudges when I am not wearing eyeshadow. I have this problem with all mascaras, but this one especially. I usually don't wear eyeshadows because I like the natural look, but with this mascara it is a must. This product does give off the spidery lashes like others have said, but only if you apply much too much. It does come off quite easily. I actually haven't ever had a hard time taking off my makeup with my oil makeup remover (Bella Pierre Milky Cleanser). Actually, I take that back... Cover girl Lash Blast. That one took a bit of effort to take off, but that is for another review. I have tried all sorts of ranges including the higher end and the lower ends and even those that aren't known as well. I still think this is the best I have tried for my kind of lashes.

on 9/1/2009 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

While I don't **love** this mascara, I am surprised at how natural it looks on---given the fact that the marketing suggests something much more dramatic than an au naturel look. Plus I have to say I am sick of the gigantic plastic wand trend, and prefer that this one is a more classic and thin brush applicator. It doesn't layer very well, and seems to work best with just three swiftly applied layers: I get length and definition (no volume) without clumping, flaking, or smudging. By the end of the day it looks the same as in the morning (this is a big plus, as I often have smudging issues). If what you are after is a more dramatic look--lots of length & volume--then I would NOT recommend this mascara, but for a subtle & clean lengthening, it does the trick. Perfect for those "no make-up" days. As others have noted, it has a very noticeable smell (kind of inky), doesn't bother me all that much though, and doesn't last beyond application.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I dont know why this product got a lot of negative reviews because i absolutely LOVE this mascara!! ive used many different drugstore brands and this is the best one ive found so far.....seperates my lashes very well withought clumping and gives it plenty of length and volume...cant ask for anything more! this will be a staple in my purse for sure :)

on 8/30/2009 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I think the bottle itself is absolutely adorable and the commercials for it are great. But, I won't be buying this product again. The brush is fantastic, I really do like it, and it grabs onto even my smaller lashes. However, when applying it it tends to form those "spider lashes" no matter how hard I try to make it so that it doesn't happen! Instead of ending up with a million lashes I end up with about 10. Terrible. The smell is a little strange too, and kind of off-putting every time you open the tube.

on 8/30/2009 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like I get really inconsistent results with this product. Some days, my lashes look ridiculously long, but other days, it does nothing for me.

on 8/29/2009 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This mascara is ok. I don't generally go for lengthening mascaras but this was selling for $7 for 2 at Target and I couldn't pass it up. I didn't notice the smell other reviewers are talking about. It comes off easily (I just use Cetaphil and water, no need for makeup remover). However, it's a very wet formula so it tends to get all over my lids when I'm applying it. Also, it just gives average results. It's okay for a day-to-day mascara, but it's nothing you'd use when you really want your eyes to pop.

on 8/27/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Eww... the smell of this mascara is so strong and it's not even a good smell. It makes me want to throw up. When I first applied it, the smell was so bad that I quickly ran to the bathroom and wash it off. It did seem to clump. I have not used this mascara again and I won't ever. This is definitely a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

on 8/26/2009 2:36:00 PM

My overall view on this product is Meh. It didn't do much of anything for my lashes. It tends to flake off for me throughout the day. I don't see it lengthening much. I'm not impressed.

on 8/26/2009 2:04:00 PM

I found this to be an average mascara; better than I expected though. It lengthens alot, does not flake on me and holds a curl. It doesn't add any volume what so ever and since I like mascaras with a little more drama, I probably won't buy again. All in all though, it's a decent mascara for the price.

on 8/26/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the worst mascaras I have tried. I'm so disappointed because the mascara has such a cool name and design.. and the model's lashes looked so full and long on the commercial. I'm puzzled as to how to how the makeup artists on set made their lashes so great using THIS mascara.. so I'm convinced that in the commercial another mascara was used on the models. When I tried this, my lashes clumped together, and looked like "spider lashes." They were long, yes, but clumpy and just a disaster. It was just a mess. While it was still wet, I took the brush from my favourite masacara, CG LashBlastLuxe, and managed to fix my lashes. Thus, I am sure that it is the brush on Lash Stiletto that is just horrible.

Video Reviews & Tutorials