BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The box is cheap looking and the brush is crap. I love that it is a matte bronzer, shimmery ones can get to be too much for me. It is highly pigmented and a little difficult to blend, so care in application is key. The color looks good and natural if applied well, muddy and dirty if done with a heavy hand, I've found. A good bronzer, but no HG.

on 1/6/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have a sample size of this and I love it. It's very natural looking for just that sun-kissed glow. I use an angled contour brush to apply instead of the brush included. I think my sample will last me a while but I will definitely repurchase when I'm out.

on 12/24/2008 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is one of the best bronzers out there. When you look inside the box, the color doesn't seem matte, it has like tiny specks of glitter. But on the skin its absolutely beautiful and doesn't make you shine. It's believable and truly easy to blend. The color is a nice brownish hue, not orange at all. I do not like the box packaging. I wish it would come in a regular compact. The brush is ok, not too scratchy. But its pretty awkward to get to the product, I just use a long handles kabuki.

on 12/22/2008 2:11:00 PM

My HG bronzer, for sure. This is the only bronzer I've used that actually looks natural. And I've used TONS of bronzers. Drugstore and higher end ones. This is the only one I really like. I don't use the brush it comes with, of course. I always use it with my Sonia Kashuk highlighter brush- basically comparable to the MAC 187. And it looks amazing. No sparkle, no orange or pink tone. Just a matte, natural looking bronzer. Well worth the $28.

I must admit..I have a problem with being faithful to this product. I love Nars Laguna too much and tend to stick to one product at a time..but I always end up coming back to this one! I've been using it for about 4 years now, and I've never found anything that gives a better true tan color. Laguna is glamorous, but this is what I use when I just want to look more natural and don't want shimmer all over my face. An absolute favorite of mine.

on 12/13/2008 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loves itttt! Duh

on 12/9/2008 6:29:00 PM

Absolutely adore this product!!!Would look like a total washout without it!!Im always searching for the perfect product and Hoola has sealed its place in the bronzer category!!Its the perfect colour without the shimmer which is very rare with bronzers..i think make-up companies think the more shimmer the better!!
Ive read a few reviews and i agree with people that it does take a while to get used to how it works best...i find by dabbing it lightly and then blowing on the brush gives you a perfect amount to apply!!The brush you get with it is useless so opt for a better powder brush!!i invested in the mac powder brush and its fab!!

on 12/8/2008 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product about 2 years ago during the summer, and after a long search in Sephora for the perfect bronzing powder, (which for me means: No orange, No pink, No shimmer/glitter And No flowery/tropical scent) I came upon 'Hoola'..i was extremely excited to finally have such a perfect, natural bronzer in front of me, completely matte and golden based, with almost an olive undertone in it, but when i came home to try it, the results were terrible, my face looked like stained with dirt and soil, as if I have walked off the Sahara desert for a whole day during a sand storm... I tried with different brushes (since the little brush attached is totally useless) and technics but nothing seemed to work, i was sad, however i decided to keep it in my makeup drawer and find a way to use it some day later.... That was about 2 years ago, during the peak of summer in nyc,(very humid) but then last week as I was switching products from my everyday bag to my storage drawer (because the change of seasons since my skin tone changes A LOT through the year), i realized i couldnt wear my Becca face powder in Mocha right now because I was way too pale for it... so while digging the cosmetics i stumbled with the Hoola little bronzer and decided to give it another try, this time my skin being way lighter in color, and with a temperature of about 60*f less, and with zero humidity, meaning my pores way tighter as well...after a light dust with T.leclerc in banane, (being the face completely dry and smooth) i lightly dusted my powder brush with Hoola and gave my face a feather touch all over with it....ahhhh!!! big difference from what i remember from 2 years ago!!! this time it gave me a nice and elegant, golden beige glow!!!..so I concluded realizing that this product needs to be used VERY carefully, first: this works only for medium/light, light and even fair skins, as long as it has olive or yellow undertones, second: your face needs to be completely smoothed and already 'sealed' with a good mattifying facial powder, then you add hoola as the finishing touch..So DONT try to use it on a shiny, face to get rid of the shines, because you will only get a mess....and DONT use the brush that comes with it (I dont think anyone does it anyway) Use a big and fluffy powder brush instead, it is VERY pigmented, so dust it VERY lightly, and pass it around your face as if you were only tickling it, and gradually build the coverage as needed...so remember: using it lightly as a finishing touch on a perfectly clean and powdered face is the secret! Also found that if you have a 'luminizing' yellow toned powder underneath(T.leclerc banane) the result is even better, because the 'light' of such powder will come out from the inside out.
Yeah the price is a little expensive for a bronzer, but again a little goes a looong way so is not bad, the packaging is not very glamourous and looks more like a toy of a toddler, but again what matters is whats inside of it... and i dont know if i would buy it again since i still have the entire thing with me and probably will for a long time and by then there will be something new to try for sure!!

I cannot believe I havenít reviewed this yet! When I first used this, I pretty much detested it to the fullest degree. I just felt it looked too dark and muddy. It wasnít very forgiving. I have become more inept in the art of makeup brushes and how to apply makeup, and have come to really like this contouring wonder. As seen in my Benefit Dandelion beauty powder review, I realized when I use Hoola with a VERY light hand and an angled brush, it really accentuates my cheeks and adds a very realistic warmth that looks matte in finish w/ out any trace of orange. I would describe it an almondy brown. Whereas, Benefit Dandelion is a light pink beauty powder that compliments the sculpted look of Hoola, by making the cheek pop with its brightening affect. It looks so elegant, yet natural. Hoola of course works with many blush colors, but I really like the contrast these two products provide when used together.

on 11/26/2008 10:19:00 AM

Just OK, but I do like that fact that it is a very neutral color & very matte w/out sparkle, so it looks more like a real tan than a lot of other bronzers. It needs to be applied w/a very light hand, though, or else it will look like you have dirt on your face. I don't really like the box, either b/c it's not travel friendly/

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products