September 1, 2014 | 1865 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferret1111

The lady at the Benefit counter that sold me this should be fired. My lack of experience with bronzers and her greedy desire to make a sale resulted in my spending $26 on something that is waaaaaay too dark for me. I can only wear this in the summer when I already have a tan and this dark bronzer doesnt make me look like ive been sticking my face inthe mud. I absolutely cannot wear this in the winter, not even at night as I am way too pale. Right now in the summer I mix it with my every day best blush ever Dandelion but I only dip my brush lightly into the bronzer not too pick up too much. At this rate, my grandkids will be using this bronzer long after Im gone because there is no way I'll ever use the whole container. Needless to say, will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DONT LIKE...

The texture

The colour (Its a horrible shade of brown, makes my face look ruddy, and dirty)

The price

The brush (Not convenient for a bronzing brush)

AND it rubs off!!

I have nothing good to say about this. WASTE OF MONEY.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by melodiej

I HATE THIS PACKAGING!!! Yes it is cute, however it is NOT convienent. You are constricted to the little box and it sucks! The colour is not the best either. Pass on this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by tessolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this looked like it came in cute packaging and my sister told me it worked well so i tried it. it has a nice color and a lot or bronzer in the box. it doesnt blend that well and can look potentially fake if your not careful. kind of expensive too. but its the best bronzer i've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Laetitya

I am a sucker for cute packaging, so Hoola obviously caught my eye. I usually use NARS bronzer, but thought I would give this a try. It is actually the perfect, non blotchy, non dirty bronzer for an NC25 skin tone. Used with a highlighter, like High Beam, it is the perfect fresh summer face!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Lifeofaladybug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a matte bronzer, which led me to Hoola. I do like the lack of sparkle, but this doesn't work well for my brown skin (MAC NC45).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The lack of sparkle attracted me to this product, plus I'm a huge fan of the BeneFit line of products. I have to say, I was disappointed. This just makes my face look dirty, especially if I've just moisturized my face. It basically sticks to the moisturizer in dirty brown streaks. Not quite what I was hoping for in a bronzer. I also don't really like the packaging as I use a large powder brush for my bronzer & it can't get into this little box very well.

Update: After putting this in the cupboard for about a year, I decided to try it again & miraculously seem to like it now. I'm not sure if it is blending better because it's summer & I have a bit of natural color, but it now seems to be giving me the subtle, non-shimmery glow that I was hoping for. I actually went & bought another one too. As such, I've added a bunch of lippies. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I love the idea, a matte, truly brown bronzer. However, if I just look at the stuff I feel the moisture being sucked out of my skin! I really expected tumbleweeds to pop out of the box each time i gave this yet another go (for the price, yep, hope does spring eternal).

It looks dry and dusty in the packaging and it feels that way on me. I have very, very dry skin, but even after using moisturizer, sunscreen, letting all of that dry completely, I find this to still be drying and streaky. I use only a large kabuki style brush and a very light hand. At times (yes as i said,I have tried it over and over due to the price I paid, figured worth giving it another go!), I think "hmm, not as bad as I thought," but then I see myself in daylight and look dirty. My skin is very fair naturally, and I have pink in my cheeks, so I thought this color would be great and that's the only good thing about this. Packaging that works is what i look for, so this is fine in that respect and you also get a ton of product plus this is highly pigmented so it should last a long time. Most bronzers offer little product in comparison when you think that many of us wear bronzer every day. This was another product that I wanted to love but I gave it a last whirl a few mos ago and I broke out really badly from it. It now seems to make me itch, i think it's the moisture-sucking dryness. If you have dry skin this may not be the bronzer for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most natural looking bronzers I have ever used. I love how it has absolutely no shimmer or sparkles. The color is so great, too- not the slightest bit of orange/red, but it's also not dirty/ruddy looking either. I didn't give it a 5 because I'm now on the search for a bronzer similar to this, but with a small bit of pearl/lustre (not shimmer), because this can be slightly dull looking. But, overall, this bronzer is really fantastic and natural looking and I would probably repurchase it, if I couldn't find anything better (which will be hard to do).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried. I hate the glittery, shimmery, orangey bronzers out there and thought I would never try bronzer again until I found this. I agree with the comments about the brush though, while cute it is way too small for a nice even, light application. I have a fluffy blush brush fron Shesiedo and it works great.Great alone or over my Joppa mineral makeup depending on coverage needs. I have had my Hoola for over a year now and have barely made a dent in it. I only use a couple products in the summer and this one joined the list the minute I tried it!

(UPDATE: After 2 years I can finally see the metal on the bottom of the box, still loving it, definitrly buying more when it runs out!!!)