BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/24/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After searching for a bronzer that didn't make me look orange for a VERY long time, I decided to invest in a hoola! & I think it's fabulous. Not too dark, not too light, with that great subtle shimmer. (Some say it has no shimmer, but it definitely has). Matte bronzers can sometimes look very cakey, & tend to dry your face out as the day goes on. But this is perfect! It's not overly shimmery, so it doesn't make you look like you've just rolled your face in a tub of glitter, it's just right & gives you the most gorgeous glow. It's not one of the dirt cheapies, though. At first it looks like an increadibly small pot for something that costs 22.50, but it lasts a long time so it's worth investing in! As many people have said, the brush is useless, but I don't have a problem with that as I use the MAC buffer brush anyway, which is perfect. This is definitely a must have, lightly dusted on it can leave you looking remarkably glamorous!

on 3/19/2009 8:43:00 PM

I love this product! By far the best bronzer I've ever used and I have tried a ton. It's great because there's no shimmer so it really does just give you a warm tan look. If you put a shimmery bronzer on top of it, it's not too much either. I often use this on my declote as well. I hate the brush that comes with it, but i usually use my own brushes as well. But if it's your first time using it, beware, you'll get too much powder on it and have a diagonal line where you first apply it. Great strong product, I'd say probably the best of the entire benefit line in my opinion and I love almost all of their stuff.

on 3/12/2009 5:37:00 AM

BEST BRONZER EVER. Hands down. For anyone who wants a natural tint to to their skin.. this is thee perfect product! Being a girl who likes to tan, but tries to keep tanning my face at a minimum, hoola is the perfect thing for adding that touch of color that is needed to help my face match the rest! Just a light dusting over my entire face and neck boosts me from 1/2 a shade to a full shade darker (depending on how much is put on).

I also use it for contouring my cheekbones etc.. and it NEVER looks fake. which is a HUGE PLUS!!! I HATE it when you can clearly tell that someone is wearing a bronzer. EW!

Best part???-- Everyone i know who uses this product loves it. They all have diff skintones and the product works as well for them as it does for me! Definitely a staple in my makeup bag. Only down side? Brush is useless. But if you have a kabuki brush or some other big fat puffy brush you will be fine! It is not enough of a down side for me to give it any less lippies!!!

I really like this bronzer! It blends perfectly on me, and never looks orange. I think it would work on your skintone unless you were very pale. My skin is on the deeper end of light, and it looks totally natural. I dont have any problem with it looking dirty. It is one of the best bronzers I've used. My only problem is that it is a bit expensive. But I would definately buy again!

on 3/4/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Greatest bronzer ever,and I have tried so many! Gives you a very natural looking tan, without being ORANGE. Which was my biggest complaint about BE Warmth, It makes you look orange in pictures I noticed and realized I needed to find somethign else. Yes it is a little pricey,and ye sthe packaging is horrible and the brush it comes with is a joke. That being said, I use a kabuki brush and it blends so beautifully. People complain of it looking "mudding" and i would almost gurantee thats bcuz they are trying to use that horrid excuse for a brush it comes with, or they arenjt belnding. So def get a kabuki or a good brish brush and blend. It is worth every penny of the $28.
Def HG!

on 2/23/2009 3:58:00 PM

I am ghost white and even I can use this bronzer... it is a seriously fabulous product. I did not, however, think this the entire time that I've owned it! When I first bought it (because all of my much less pale friends loved it) I thought I could never use it because it went on so dark and brown on me!

One thing I find CRITICAL in using this bronzer: Stop trying to use the brush it comes with! Even the gals at your local benefit counter will tell you it sucks... i mean, really. When is the last time you opened a clinique blush and thought, "Wow, the brush this comes with is FABULOUS!" The brushes these products come with are just not good! This is a fact of ALL brands. I mean really, Mac products don't even come with brushes!
I suggest for fairer girls using a fan brush, benefit makes one and you can get one from Mac stores as well (for a little more $$). And for girls with a deeper complexion, use a contoured blush brush like the one benefit sells (slant powder brush, $22) or Mac's fluffy white slant brush.

For the best results, use the appropriate brush to dust this on lightly (Tap the brush off after you dip it in) and follow with your normal blush. That will give you a tan and a natural looking flush-- you don't blush brown after all!

on 2/20/2009 2:10:00 AM

This a really good bronzer that works on virtually everyone. It's color never gives off that tacky orangey look, and it is matte for those who want a more natural looking bronzer. It's very blend able which is good for those with paler skin and comes in a cute little box. The amount also lasts for a while. The only set back is the brush that comes with it! Ugh, it is so useless. It applies way too much product and spreads it unevenly. My advice is just to toss it out and use a MAC brush instead.

on 2/19/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is very cute and the color is a very nice brown rather then orange, but it looked horrible on me. It looked like dirt on me, didn't blend well at all made my pores look like craters and made me breakout! ugh! frustrating! So I gave it to my mom and she loves it!

on 2/12/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the 1st bronzer I've actually finished. Nice and very natural even on my hard to match skintone. It is however a touch orangey, but that is a bronzer for you. I will probably look for something more neutral, but if I can't find one ill go for this one again. Makes a nice crease eyeshadow for natural summery look.

on 2/4/2009 11:59:00 AM

I really like this bronzer. It's very natural looking. The packaging is rediculous and the brush it comes with is even worse. Will probably repurchase because the actual product is very good.

Popular Bronzers