Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/9/2010 12:00:00 PM

I love this so much more than UDPP. In my opinion this just works better, shadow lasts much longer. Add to that the fantastic packaging and I'll repuchase again & again & again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Awesome stuff. Didn't know how much I really needed this until I went without it one day. It's on the pricier side, but I've had my tube for over a year and there's plenty left. The squeeze tube is great, because it lets you get every bit of product out, which is nice considering how much you're paying for it. The best part is that it actually works. My shadows never crease or fade and they always look vibrant from 6 in the morning to 10 at night. I have noticed the product separating, but it's not a big deal--it still works great.

on 6/6/2010 7:22:00 PM

I have been holding back purchasing for months because of the price. I bought this over urban decay because of the packaging. I haven't written many reviews, but I HAD to write one after today. This is my second day using it. I put it on at 7 AM. I worked outside all day from 9 to 5. It was 90 degrees with typical (unbearable) Georgia humidity. I just put eyeshadow on for the heck of it really. Rode two horses, routine farm work, sweated like hell, and when I got home my eyeshadow was still perfect. I am shocked. My highlight was gone because I only added primer to the lids, but my lids looked exactly the same as they did this morning. You can't test it better than this! It works!

on 6/6/2010 7:13:00 PM

Amazing. I didn't think it was possible to have eyeshadow that doesn't crease AT ALL. This stuff makes that happen. My eye shadow literally looks exactly the same at night as it did on the morning. The price is really reasonable when you consider how little product you need - just a tiny dot does both eyes. I use some on the bottom before I use liner (pencil or shadow) under my eyes. Simply brilliant product.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

what a little wonder of a product. this is the first time i've tried an eyeshadow primer, and i decided to choose this to try first over UDPP, because i really really love the colour of the tube and how it brightens up my make-up bag - also how it is a simple tube, instead of the weird UDPP packaging which requires being sliced open! what are we, cooking?! anyway, so i tried this primer on its own over my eye gel and it worked nicely, tried it under my foundation and over my eye gel, and also worked nicely. but worked the BEST over both my eye gel and foundation (Estee lauder's double wear). i also refuse to abandon my morning application of SPF eye gel :) you literally need a dot that blends over the lid, and it makes my eye make-up look incredible and vibrant. no creases to be seen, but the nicest surprise is, that this made my Bobbi brown gel liner POP into the blackest blackest shade i have ever seen it! which made me quite excited. also, i apply this on my undereye area over my foundation and i notice that any smudgy kohl i wear, does not smudge AT ALL. one day, i decided not to really apply it to my undereye area and my kohl smudged like craaaazy. i was shocked at the difference it made. i want to eventually also try UDPP incase i'm missing out, but i will repurchase this cute little minty green tube because it has proven itself, and will probably last me aaages anyway. :)

on 5/26/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. Its my HG. I have extremely oily eyelids and nothing has worked for me, not even MAC paintpots. I have never tried UDPP as it is not available in Australia, but from what I hear the packaging is terrible. TFSS on the other hand comes in a easy to use tube. I have had this for around 6 months, and dont seem to have made a dent in the tube, as you only need to use a tiny amount. For how well it works, it is dirt cheap, in my opinion. I would buy this again and again and again.

on 5/25/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have been wanting to try this for the longest but I was unwilling to shell out for another product that failed to deliver. I received a sample and decided to do my own scientific study of sorts. I have used every primer there is - I think! I particularly wanted to compare this to UDPP which I really like too. Compared to UDPP of course the first noticeable thing is that the TFSI packaging makes sense.

I applied this with my fingers and it smoothed in easily and dried quickly. Shadow application was very smooth. I found that with UDPP it "skipped" sometimes and it is often hard to blend colors easily. TFSI seemed to create a nice smooth surface for my shadows to cling on to. Lasting power was, of course, great 12+ hours and still crease free. So if I had to choose I think I would repurchase Shadow Insurance.

product worked for just over 12hrs on eyeshadow, but not at all on th liner, which ithink is because of the kind i chose, so im trying not to count that.

on 5/25/2010 3:14:00 AM

This product does what it needs to do, I have Asian eyelids and a deep crease. I also have very oily eyelids, without a primer after a few hours all the eyeshadow is in my crease. I work 12 hour shifts and this primer holds my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place all night. Even without eyeliner I would use this to keep my eyelids from getting too oily. Compared to Urban Decay I find that this does hold a little more product (in that less is wasted also due to packaging), its cheaper,, and easier to apply (without the wand). I just apply the product with my fingers. The only downside I find is that sometimes it comes out of the tube a little too oily(?). I dunno if its just my tube, but the product may just be mixed with a water/oily substance. I wait a little for the product to settle before applying any eyeshadow/eyeliner. I find that iff a certain area is more moist than another area that area will get more color than another area making the spread uneven and weird. But otherwise its a really good buy, a little goes a long way and I've had this one tube for over a year already. (I use it just about everyday).

on 5/25/2010 12:48:00 AM

I have been using Urban Decay primer potion for about year now and I loved it but I heard that it wasted product. And I saw good reviews about Too Faced so I thought I'd try it. I love it so much so much more. With Urban Decay it made the product stay but it let it crease a little. With this stuff the product stays all day (and I work 12 hr shifts) but I have no creasing. I love it so much. And it is a little cheaper than Urban Decay so I think I will be sticking with this from now on.