April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bsanderson

I have very oily skin and four hours after I've applied my eye makeup I find it has creased and come off. I had given up even wearing eye shadow as the effect never lasted and I had to reapply often. Even liquid eyeliners would start to leave a mark above my crease.

I thought I'd try an eye primer and wanted Urban Decay's, but it was out of stock at my local makeup store and gave TFSI a try instead. A month later and I am so impressed! Even when I'm in hot, sticky equatorial countries my makeup goes on in the morning and is still there over twelve hours later whilst the rest of my face is covered in oil.

A small dab with fingertips left to dry, a dusting of pressed powder and then my eye makeup. A lippie off because I have to wait for it to dry and makeup has to be layered on and blended well. The tube packaging is hygienic (unlike UD) but there's not much of it. To be fair though a little goes a long way and for this the price is reasonable. I'd definitely recommend this and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by elmatic

I have very oily lids and whilst I don't usually wear eyeshadows, I do use eyeliner and this has made it lasts without smudging or giving me panda eyes. I would usually apply my make up around 7am each day and would get home around 7 or 8pm so a good 12 hrs or so and everything is still in place.

It's around AUD$35 and a word of warning for anyone who is tempted to apply this under your concealer (as the Kit MUA suggested), DO NOT DO THIS!! I tried this once and it was an absolute disaster, the primer solidified the concealer after a few minutes and made it lighter and pretty much hightlighted the area in an incredibly horrendous way. I had to take all my make up off start over again. Also, not sure if this correct but the MUA also said that the expiry date is 3 months from when it's first opened. As the tube is fairly small and I've been using it everyday, hopefully it should last before then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and this primer makes up eyeshadow last all day! I'm really impressed with the results and how long this primer lasts. The only problem I have is the formula tends to separate, so parts of it may seem watery. I haven't noticed that lately when I've used this primer though. I definitely recommend this to anyone with creasing issues like I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by msthang81

I bought this and UDPP to see which one is better. I definitely like this packaging better, but the actual product was so-so. I liked how it makes e/s last longer but because I have asian eyes my shadow still creases in my fold (I don't think any primer will help with that!). What I really didn't like about it was that after some time, the product starts separating - the 'cream' part would be kind of mushy and oil squirts out. I tried shaking it a few times but it would still come out like that.
Besides the separating of the product and the cost, I like how it wasn't drying and that it comes in a tube. But I'll probably won't repurchase and find another primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used the UDPP, but I remember pick Two Face over that because the eye shadow color showed up more vibrant than compared to the UDPP. I don't use this regularly, only when I know I'm out all day. Although, I do see a difference on the days that I forget to use it. I do have to say that it does start to crease after 8 hours, but I think it works even better if you have less oily lids. I think next time I will try the UDPP, but I will definitely repurchase this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by diablitanoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! I have oily skin and my eyelids especially get oily but Shadow Insurance makes my eyeshadow and liquid liner stay put all day and night! I can't say enough about it. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crys72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful primer! I have oily lids and this is most definately one of the best primers out there. The only problem I have with it is that it should be in a pot...however the packaging is still waay better than UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lautjuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have got pretty oily eyelids, but this product really works for me. It doesn't last all day long. but deffinitly an entire school day wich works for me. the packaging (my english isn't very good, sorry :)) is very good. the product won't dry out fast in the tube.
the colors look really pretty and do look nicer.
overall I really like the product but I wish the shadow would crease a little later. but it does last around 9-10 hours

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it to have an alternative to my UDPP, but it was a mistake. Not impressed at all. Although I am usind Too Faced eye shadows, this primer does not help in any way. I am sticking to Urban Decay primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this because I'm not totally enamored with UDPP. I only received a sample at Sephora.

This primer doesn't work for me. I wore it a full day last Saturday and my eyelids were an oily mess by the end of the day. Maybe worse than if I hadn't used primer at all. My eyeshadow had creased and drifted off.

It's really too bad, because I wanted to love this product.