December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Workoutgirl3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I'd rather try UDPP. I love that this makes my shadows stick better but for some reason I can't stand the smell, I know that seems weird but still.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by sunshine1424

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find that this product is pretty good. I use it everyday for school makeup. Once in a while my eyeshadow creases a bit but that might just be me applying it wrong sometimes =P A couple times I apply TFSI on the areas that I would apply concealer and this product makes my concealer stay longer and look smoother on my dry skin. I know that this product is not for that but it works. I picked this product over UDPP because I don't want to waste product because of the bottle. OH, and make sure that when you first get this, shake it because it separates it. It comes out as a clear liquid so dont worry. Just give it a good shake and problem solved. I think that I will repurchase this product when I'm finished with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! My eyeshadows last all day and do not crease! I love the packaging because you can use it on other people and not worry about germs, unlike the UDPP. It's pricey but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

One tube lasted me over a year, I used a little dot on each eye and I had no issue with my shadows creasing, and they lasted all day. The packaging is the best part because you can control how much you wanna use, and you can use all the product. I believe this is $17 so it's quite pricey but like I said the one tube lasted me over a year. I recently wanted to try UDPP once I ran out of this and i'm definitely going back. My shadows don't last near as long as they do with shadow insurance. Next time i'm at Sephora its the first thing i'm gonna grab. I definitely recommend trying this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by scarab80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this hoping it would be the same as UDPP as I love this packaging better and you can choose how much product you want since its in a tube.

I used this today, applied my primer and eyeshadow at 7:30 am and it is now 5pm. My eyeshadow has definitely creased and the eyeshadow near my crease has dissappeared completely. The rest of the eyeshadow is still there on my lid. Also, by the end of the day I noticed a sheen on my lids where with UDPP I did not have this product. I was hoping I would not have to purchase UDPP again and have TFSI become my replacement but I guess I'll be switching back to UDPP once I've used up this tube.

I think if you're lids aren't as oily as mine you could definitely go with this instead and it will work great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UDPP is my HG, but after I bought Sin and hated it I thought I'd try different brands. I like the packaging of TF's insurance much better, but it doesn't seem to work as well. I've tried wearing a thin layer, and applying it thicker, and either way it just doesn't give me that all day staying power or prevent creases, and doesn't seem to help the vibrancy of the eyeshadow. Looks like I'll be buying UDPP again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only wear eye shadow because of this awesome product. I'm serious. I don't wear any kind of face makeup ever (not even for special occasions) and when I used to try to wear shadow, it would crease horribly and just kind of disappear after a few hours.

Using this primer, I can clean my house, go running, and twelve hours later, my shadow looks like it was jut applied.

My only complaint is that it can be a little drying if used every day. I tend to only use it on weekends, since I don't wear makeup every day, so that's not a problem for me. But just a heads up for the everyday user.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

Okay, the packaging on TFSI is WAY better than UDPP. The tube allows you to really control how much you want to use, and there's little waste. I find that it does as good a job as UDPP. Sometimes, packaging is everything. Good-bye UDPP, I've found a new HG eyelid primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this as I detest the UDPP packaging, because its a pain to get product when it's running low. After using too faced shadow insurance for several weeks, I'm a bit pragmatic. I found that at times this can create a patchy look on the lids, the results aren't as vibrant as UDPP. The staying power? not that great. So, I think I'll stick with UDPP for now. Hopefully, UD can come up wit better packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this product - this is my first TF product and I can't live without it (okay this is an exagaration).

Even a little bit goes a long long way (don't use too much goes it's a waste) Spread it out evenly and wait 30sec to 1 min before applying your eyeshadow for it to stay even longer. It spreads clear onto the eyelide so it is practicly invisible.

It makes my e/s last around 8 to 10 hours without fading/creasing (after that it does start to fade in my crease)

I never used UDPP so i can't compare it (It isn't sold here in the Netherlands have to wait to I go to Ireland again).

I would definitly buy this product again even if it is on the expensive side (14 =$18)