October 21, 2014 | 1988 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

High impact? That's for sure. Is it a good impact? No.
Lots of the reviewers are saying it's great and doesn't clump at all, but when I got it as a free sample all I had was clumps! I had MAJOR "spider lashes" with this product- not a good look. High drama, high volume, high impact- but in a bad way. Not even a lash comb could FULLY undo the damage. Plus, it takes WAY too long to dry and with all the extra product this put on my lashes, I got it ALL OVER my eyelid.
Relatively inxpensive compared to most department store brands, but am I ever glad I didn't pay for it! Will never buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by CookieStop

I got this as a free sample while buying other clinique products. Overall, I was quite disappointed by it.
Pros:
- no clumps
- does add volume
Cons:
- smears 10 minutes after wear and leaves racoon eyes
- wand is too big and so hard to get to all the lashes
- expensive (unless you get them for free with other clinique products!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Shamaine

I have naturally long thick and curly lashes. Growing up I tried various mascaras and they would just clump my lashes together or worse. It was never useful to me. I just accepted the fact that I would only have to use mascara when I accidentally let eyeshadow drop on my lashes and they looked powdered. Because I love makeup people have always given me mascara, so every once in a while I would have the opportunity to try new types of mascaras. They all failed myserably. The other day my mom brought me this mascara. For some random reason I decided to try it and behold! my lashes for the first time ever looked better with it than witout it. My lashes were separated, the color is very crisp. I haven't stopped using it since!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by artilosophy

I've used this mascara for years after exclusively using drugstore brands. This is a fantastic product for people that want the luxury of a department store product at nearly the same price as a drugstore.

If you are reluctant about trying an expensive mascara, buy this. The brush makes application easy. Every lash is coated well. No smudges or flaking. You only really need one coat. It lasts about two months. Only $12.

I am still searching for the perfect mascara and this is always my backup. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, but this mascara makes me wonder. It doesn't irritate eyes and looks fantastic. If you haven't tried this, do.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by missm1105

I mostly use makeup from L'Oreal so seeing as how expensive Clinique products are I was expecting something a lot better than this. I'm asian with reasonably long stick straight pointing-down eyelashes so I like mascaras that give me long, natural-looking, curly, fluttery eyelashes (I don't like voluminous eyelashes). This mascara didn't really do anything for me. Easy application, doesn't dry up that quickly, and packaging is fine but it gave me almost no-length or volume (not that I wanted volume but a little bit would have been nice) and straightened my carefully curled eyelashes. When my eyelashes aren't curled you can't even see them so yeah, this mascara barely made any difference. Don't waste your money on this. You can find SO much better mascaras from drugstore brands (I personally love L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty TUbes - gives me long, curly, pretty eyelashes!)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by caliangel21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the gwp product from the latest clinique gift item.

I did curl my lashes before applying the mascara; on my right lash it was a beautiful curl; but unfortunately on my left eye it was very wimpy i had to use my CGLB to volumize and even it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite everyday mascara! Easy to apply (wipe the excess off the brush first of course), easy to remove with warm water, never clumps or flakes, feels soft to the touch, nice volume and rich black color! I like the GWP sizes the best - somehow it's easier to handle the little stubby wands. I just wish some company would start selling the small size mascaras in multiples - I hate to throw away a mostly full tube after 3 months!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Concertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the price of this product i thought it would work allot better. It didnt do much for me at all besides seperate them. However, i liked how there is no clumping what-so-ever when using this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good basic mascara, but it doesn't hold curl if I apply more than one coat. Also, it takes a while to dry. So at this price, I'd rather stick with the better choices at the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Wippy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this the other day although I can't say I'm too impressed.
My big problem is that it smudges really badly under my eyes by the end of the day. It also doesn't really do much. My lashes are really long and curly, but I don't find that this mascara improves them.
I won't be purchasing this.