MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Well, i tried the UDPP. It worked amazingly. However, it seemed just so drying to me. Not to mention the PITA it was to get the product out of the tube. Ugh. What a waste of time. I like this Paint Pot generally. I dont know what it is but only sometimes, it seems to emphasize my verrrrrry fine lines around my eyes.

I love the consistency and the color of this product, it does what it says it will...good base, no crease....My gripe is the packaging, I'm not a big fan of digging my fingers into a pot. I bought a new flat shader brush by Sonia Kashuk yesterday so I think that will solve that problem, so ultimately I would purchase again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love painterly as a base for make-up, especially when I am doing a neutral eye!
I have never had a problem with it creasing *crosses fingers* and I have had it for almost a year, using it *almost* every day, and I still have plenty left! Well worth the money ($20 CDN) in my opinion!

Some advice? I find mine dries out a bit, and I have dry lids, so that is never fun times. What I do is sterile *with alcohol or what have you* a spatula and give it a good stir. it helps me with making it a bit more creamy!

I use this color all over my lid then use mulch on the outer corner of my eye, I LOVE it. I'm an NC40 and this is a great color to highlight my brow bone. It seems a little dry and hard to blend but I like the color.

I use these as replacements for my UDPP (I don't have access and I can't keep paying for shipping).
Painterly is an exact color match to my skin, so it evens out the tone on my lids. As for lasting power, its decent on my oily lids. Not quite as long lasting as UDPP but long enough to get me through work. I find Bare Study lasts longer.
Its smooth,easy to work with and blends like a dream.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I had been using the NYX Jumbo Pencils as a base for my shadow. It'd crease and look like a mess by the end of the night. I decided to try the Mac Paint Pots because I've heard great things about their staying power and how they handle creasing. My lids are a little oily and I haven't experienced ANY creasing. I had cried quite a bit earlier and the eyeshadow hadn't moved at all. I'm amazed and I'll absolutely be picking up more of these. I love their consistency and color. Painterly completely evens out my lid and provides a great base for all of my eyeshadows. I only wish they were cheaper. But because these work so well, I don't mind as much.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this recently to use as a primer. I've had trouble in the past with shadows losing their intensity over the course of a night out. They wouldn't crease, they'd just kind of slowly disappear. I've used painterly under all eyeshadow since purchase and I love it. It evens out my lid colour and my eyeshadow clings to it like nothing else. My eyes look just as good at the end of the night/day as they did at the beginning. No problem with creasing at all like some other people have mentioned. I have no issue with the packaging at present, but once it gets below the rim it may be difficult to access the product easily.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as a primer for my powder shadow, and it's great. It gives a neutral backdrop and manages creasing pretty well (although if you get really slick lids, you'll want to do a primer). For a natural look, I'll do this shade and a bit of powder as liner, and that's it.

This is my favorite paint pot. I have oily eyes that are somewhat deep set, so I still have to use a primer (UDPP). However, using a primer alone doesn't work for me. But combined with Painterly, my shadows last ALL day WITHOUT creasing! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use Painterly Paint Pot as a primer for my eyshadow. It was recommended to me by the MAC rep and I absolutely LOVE it. I apply this with my ring finger and pat it on my eyelids and then apply my eyeshadows as normal. This does keep the color on all day and doesn't alter my eyeshadow colors in any way. By using Painterly Paint Pot I don't even need to touch up if I'm heading out after work. Works great for all day wear and also during the hot Texas summers.

Top Rated MAC Products