MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/18/2009 8:51:00 AM

I am so glad that I finally decided to try this paint pot. I have been using a combo of UDPP and MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. I have really oily eyelids and I would find towards the end of the day, my shadows would start to really crease. So, I decided to try Painterly. It is a great base for shadows!

I am NW25 and this totally evens out all discoloration and redness on my skin. I have been using it for about a month and all day long my shadow stays PUT! It is creamy and very easy to blend and apply to the lid. I am still using UDPP, just because my lids are really oily. This combo really works!

on 3/17/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great eye shadow base. It keeps your eyeshadows from creasing and even neutralizes any discoloration on your lids. Easy to blend and very creamy. My favorite paint pot for sure.

This is the closest eye shadow primer I think I'll EVER like compared to both UDPP, TFSI, etc. Number one, I have super super OILY eyelids that will crease no matter what. I crease a tiny bit using this, but it's easily removable just to "blend the crease" out with a blender brush once it appears, other than that I'm good to go.

Here is how I think these SHOULD be applied to get the most effect out of them with the least amount of creasing:

Make sure you have a brand new pot, because that will make the biggest difference. Do NOT use your fingers to apply, as it will only add excess oily to your eyelids to promote the creasing to happen. Use a simple eyshadow or concealor brush to apply and make sure it's washed daily after every use. Once it has dried put powder over your lids, then apply shadow.

on 3/11/2009 2:59:00 PM

I bought this to copy an Angelina Jolie eye I saw on expertvillage.com. I put vanilla all over the lid, then Painterly up to the crease followed by a cats eye with black eyeliner. I love the neutral look it gives me and it's perfect for this look. Only think I don't like is it can look cakey.

on 3/11/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was hesitant to buy this as I bought delft and didn't like it. I am so glad that I made this purchase. Its a great primer for eyes and I like it better than prep and prime eyes.

on 3/10/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday base to use. Since I don't like to wear eyeshadows on a regular basis, this is perfect for a natural look. It conceals the darkness that I have on my lids, and I top it off with MAC's Brule eyeshadow, which sets it. I even use MAC's Phloof! eyeshadow sometimes, if I want to look more "awake".

I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to try out a Paint Pot, but doesn't know which one to use. These things are like butter! So easy to spread, and they last all day and don't crease.

I plan on getting more shades in the future for sure! And they're not that expensive :)

on 3/10/2009 12:39:00 PM

I like this product but the thing is you can't use it for bright colors. So then i just use UDPP. But for everyday natural's it's a perfect fit!

on 3/10/2009 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a good product. It dries to a silky finish and the color is almost a perfect match for me. It's just a little more orange than my skin tone but I don't use it alone so it doesn't have to be a perfect match. The thing I dont like is it makes my eyelids crease. I have rather large eyes and alot of eyelid space and it gives me a crease right in the middle. I fix it by putting the tiniest bit of eye cream on them and its fine. I do like that my eyeshadow lasts alot longer. Overall It is a good product and I will continue to use it with some tweaking.

on 3/7/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this for EVERY makeover that I do. It keeps colors true, from creasing and fading throughout the day.

It's a good eye base for almost every skincolor. It blends beautifully and dries to a soft poweder finish.

on 3/7/2009 1:42:00 PM

This is a definite HG for me! I use it as a base for all of my eyeshadows, especially my Fyrinnae pigments (because of the slightly sticky consistency). It makes them long lasting, holds the shimmer/glitter without making me look like a disco, and minimizes fall out. Plus, the colors look gorgeous and vibrant, even when applied dry using the patting method. I'm a NW15 and this is a nice match for my skintone. It is just a neutral, slightly rosy shade that is close to my skintone. Applies well, creamy and easy to blend. I like the little screw top jar too.