November 28, 2014 | 1035 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I've heard so many good things about it. I do like how creamy it is and how smoothly it glides over. The color is perfect for my skin tone and the pot is so cute. But, used as an eyeshadow primer, it creased. So I returned it.

What really grinds my gears about returning make-up at the MAC counter is the girls are so snooty. The girl I returned it to was trying to convince me that it should work, when really she was trying to convince herself. I don't think she could handle that MAC doesn't always work for everyone. I wasn't sold at all! I know not all MAC sales associates are like that. But for some reason, I always get the snooty ones. Please leave your snooty attitudes at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

Love paint pots! Painterly is a nice matte flesh tone. Great for use as an eye shadow base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I have mixed feelings about Painterly. Sometimes, I feel like it really brightens my eyes. Other times I feel like it's too pink and obvious for my skintone... It doesn't do anything for me as a base by itself, but it extends the wear time of UDPP from 5-6 hrs to 8-9 hrs, so it does make a difference for me, and is quite frankly the only reason I wear it. Maybe I would like rubenesque better. That being said, it is fairly creamy and easy to apply. I use my fingers. I do feel that it sometimes dries a little too fast and then I get hard edges, especially around my inner corners, but it's nothing I haven't been able to fix by smudging a little harder yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mgates31790

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a base to put other eye shadows over and it also doubles as a great concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jackieloveee

I really like this paint pot, its the only one i have, but i only use ut as a base and it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by CherylA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT. I have slightly dry eyelids and have not found this to be a problem.

I use it alone as an eyeshadow and it really evens out my uneven skin tone on my lids giving me a natural look.

When I use it as a base, the shadow on my lids now looks like the shadow in the compact. Before this I could by a taupe shadow and on my lids it would be 3 shades different that what it shows. This allows the shadow color to be more 'true'.

Doesn't feel heavy or sticky.

LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

I used both UDPP and TFSI for a while now, I really liked the staying power of these 2 products.when I was introduced to using Painterly as a base, I was equally happy about the staying power compare to UDPP and TFSI. I love the matte color that makes my skin(eye area) looks even. The only down side of this product is too drying for my lids, it kinda shows the lines.But overall considering the price and quality, I would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cream eyeshadow to use as base. I am a MAC C7/NC45 and some shadows don't show well on their own. So i use painterly as a base. It works very well and helps the shadwo to last all day without creasing. I use it with shadows that have a pink tone or color. For neutrals I use Soft Ochre.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I love how this is very close to my natural skin color and if I don't need to wear my eyeshadows more than 8 hours or so I use this as my go to base. However, I found after 8 hours my eyeshadows crease. I do have slightly oily lids so this is understandable. I used UDPP as my HD base but I find that my eyeshadows don't blend easily so I put this paint pot on top of my UDPP and my shadows blend so easily and last more than 12 hours. It seems like a lot to go through for a eyeshadow base, but with the paint pot a little goes a long way so you do get your moneys worth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This paint pot is my "go to" eyelid primer every day. No matter if I am waking up at 4am to go work a shift or how little time I have to put on makeup.. I slap this paint pot on my lids, dust some eyeshadow on and line my eyes. It has stopped my oily lid problem! It is flesh toned for my NC25 skin.. it actually may be more neutral cream color than my face, but it hides any discoloration on my lids very well. I've used UDPP and Too Faced shadow insurance. I think UDPP works well, but I refuse to buy it again until they make the tube non genie in a bottle like so I don't have to spend time cutting the bottle and putting it in a jar. That's just ridiculous. TFSI did not work for my greasy lids.
The paint pot comes in a glass jar with a black screw on lid. It takes forever to go through--I'm not a makeup artist, but I do know that this is the only product that effectively keeps my waterproof.. (yes, I even have problems with waterproof smearing) eyeliner on my upper lash line, and not smeared down on the bottom of my eyes by the end of the day. This is fabulous! Add it to your collection. It is definately going to last you a long time!!