December 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to to find something that will control the oil from my skin. It gets really frustrating sometimes! When I read all the good reviews maybelline dream matte powder got, I just had to go try it out! It does give you a nice finish if you don't apply too much. If you apply too much it might cake on you. It has a good oil-control too, a perfect setting powder for any foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by CHiiCKEWiiNG

all i have to say is this stuff is AMAZING:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by coleygoalie

Oh maybelline, WHY?! This is probably the most disappointing, disgusting product I have ever purchased. I like fewer things less than I like the matte pressed powder. First, the "puff" is flat like a pancake. No cushion or any sort of luxeness here! Then it made me look sallow, dry, and flakey! If that wasnt bad enough, then I broke out like a 17 year old school boy right before prom. Im talking like mountainous zits here girl. Do yourself and your pores a favor and steer clear of this awful excuse for a powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

I've been trying this out for a while now & i hit pan!
I love this powder; it gives that perfect matte look & also didn`t make me break out or anything.
Plus the color is a perfect match for my skin which i love.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but I don't really mind in.
The only bad thing i have to say about this product is that it doesn`t really last that long so during the day I have to make sure to reapply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by benny143

Chalky caked-on heavy looking powder. Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by abbyquack

This is an awesome powder! It applies so evenly, without any dry patchyness or any cakeyness. It works perfectly with all foundations. Absolutely flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by petitderriere

I use this as a setting powder and also to add a bit more coverage to my liquid foundation and I love it. The powder is very fine and applies smoothly and gives you a matte look.
I have this in medium 2-2.5, at first I thought in the pan it looked way to light for me but it matches my yellow toned tanned asian skin perfectly.
My only complaint would be the packaging. I prefer if it were a bit sleeker. Plus the little sponge inside got destroyed when I kept twisting the compact closed and catching it between the top and bottom edges of the compact. But this problem is minor to me considering the quality of the powder itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by chantull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have the most oily skin but when i use this product as a setting powder my skin stays matte for a long time, even when i go to the gym. i'm not a big fan of the packaging, its bulky and a little tacky but overall its a great powder. i took off one lippie because after a couple of hours it settles into my fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good oil absorbing powder because it contains silica, and better than MUFE high def powder IMO but I have found better ones out there. I dont like the swivel mirror thing either. It would be more convenient to have the mirror parallel to the powder and not underneath. Right now Im liking MAC MSFN and Kryolan Antishine. THOSE are good powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using loose powder for my eyes (as a base for my eyeshadow since the only oil I have on my skin is on my lids) and realized that the loose powder was upsetting my eyes. So I tried a few brands and I really love this. I use the Cream, which I thought would be too yellow for my skin - and it ended up being surprisingly neutral. The packaging is stupid, and I may be breaking off the bottom half with the mirror soon, if it doesn't stop irritating me. The powder is definitely a great find for a drugstore brand.