December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2002 6:00:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW!! This is one great concealer and worth evry cent of the 37.00 it costs. It doesn't irritate my eye area, and makes my eyes looked refreshed & bright. I use it underneath and on top from lashes to brow. The color blends perfectly with my skin. I have the lighter color, the darker has more pink in it. This goes on white and has cool tone to it. Unscented, which I like too.
The tube is a pretty gold with a clicker on the bottom to dispense. If you have very dark circles, this may not work for you, although it does a decent job of covering, it's not a heavy concealer. It is moisturizing but not oily .
You should clean the brush with antibacterial soap and dip in alcohol about once a week to get rid of any stale residue or bacteria because I have heard others complain the brush gets smelly but I have never had this occcur.
I can't rave enough about this, it is in a class by itself in my opinion!This is one item that when I am out, I imediately order a couple. One bad thing is you can't tell when you are getting low. You go to use it one morning and you are out. The clicker won't work when it is empty. One tube lasts me about 6 months. It just takes a little to doa miraculous job.
If you want to save a few dollars with free shipping and no sales tax, you can order this from strawberry.net.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2002 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Absolutely love it.
I use it as highlighter or concealer or as a pick me up midday while at work. The price is steep but it lasts me a long time and works like a dream. no cakeyness, super natural coverage.
not for dark circles. Excellent on lids before e/s.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2001 12:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupu

I had to find out what everyone was talking about! This is a very light coverage concealer for all skin types and it covers beautifully without looking cakey. Expensive, but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2001 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This is one of the few products I use nearly every day. I've repurchased it 3 or 4 times, which speaks for itself. Not really a concealer for obvious discolorations, it just covers up regular minor differences in skin tone, and brightens up wherever you apply it almost imperceptibly. I use it on undereyes, top lip, brow bone, anywhere I need that little lift really. An exact color match is not critical, because you apply this product lightly for a translucent effect. Heavy application gives a cakey, unnatural look, and will crease easily too. I find the original shade fine for my fair cool-neutral skin, and I think anyone other than those with pronounced yellow or dark tones should be OK with this too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2001 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pandalai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Convenience is 1 big selling point .. just press the end of the tube (like a pen) and just apply ..

But sad to say ... the concealer is only good for pple with minor skin imperfection .. i have acne and scars ... this product does little to conceal them ...

But the texture of the concealer is good ... :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2001 5:53:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

The packaging is ADORABLE, though dirty fingers should not hold the cool gold tube ;)
It's a novel idea, but I have found other concealers that work just as well (if not better). It's pretty sheer, so this is not for you if you're after coverage. It's a cute compact product, but don't spend so much money on it when there are cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2001 6:00:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally, I found an undereye concealer that works and DOES NOT CAKE. Caution- You must clean the brush with alcohol regularly or it may mildew and smell nasty.
Also for the other 2 ladies that didn't like theirs: there are 2 colors. A pink based and a yellow based. Stay away from the pink one, that can't match anyones skin.
All in all Touche Eclat (yellow) is one of the best finds in years and I'll continue to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2001 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't see the point of this product--why would I want to pile up something on top of my under eye concealer--I say just get better concealer! The texture of this product--made it look obvious that I was wearing concealer and the pink undertone didn't flatter me as the best way to neutralize purplish undereye circles is to use a yellower, NOT pinker base. I think this may work for someone who doesn't hav undereye circles and has pink undertones top their skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2001 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Alexis

Unfortunately, this is one of those "must have" products that didn't work for me. From all the raves I was expecting something special, but it is just a light pink, slightly shimmery liquid (similar to Revlon Skinlights lotion). It is far too sheer to cover anything, and though it is nice to use as a highlighter there are tons of other products that could do the same for much less. Also, the pink didn't seem to suit my fair, yellow-based skin (looked obvious). If you're looking for a low-end copy cat, the Body Shop's "Lightening Touch" is supposed to be remarkably similar, though it is in wand form (like a lipgloss) rather than the luxe gold pen container of the Touche Eclat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2001 5:02:00 PM More reviews by SueS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product. I use it under my eyes and on my upper line line at the bow. Gives a subtle glow.