April 23, 2014 | 1951 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I started out as a Rimmel Girl decades ago in the UK, when it was sold in the typical "Chemist" shop. How times have changed! Buying the Stay Matte powder was like taking a step back in time, even the packaging is similar. I keep this product in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It is defintely transparent and doesn't cake up, no matter how many times I apply it. Unfortunately, I have to apply it often as I have very oily skin and nothing seems to control it. No puff or sponge is provided, this is a bare bones pressed powder with no frills. I would have given it a 4, but the packaging really is rather basic and likely to break or crack.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by tartina

Wow. I have been spending way too much money on uppity powders for years now. This is an amazing lightweight, good coverage powder that doesnt get cakey, doesnt turn orange and looks great! Much better than MAC, and most others for that matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by apocalypso

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this in transparent 001 and it pretty much does what it claims to do. It's a nice, cheap powder to take shine off. The packaging isn't the greatest as it is not a traditional compact. Despite this, I don't have any problems with the package not staying closed. It doesn't come with a mirror or puff but since it is transparent, I don't really need a mirror to apply it. It does have a slight scent to it (kind of like bar soap), and I'm generally very sensitive to smells but this didn't bother me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this powder. not noticeable after i set my m/u, blends into my pale skin sealessly.

the packaging sucks. the lid doesn't stay on ever and you can't really put a good puff in with it since the compact is so thin. and it really isn't much of a compact, it has a plastic screw on lid that hasn't cauht the threading since i got it.

i love the powder. i'm glad it was onsale and i tried it. don't be lured into the stay mattter powder foundation though. these products are nothing alike...AT ALL.

i am very pale, ppp, blue eyes dark brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Brandyc

This is a place to review the pressed powder in transparent.. why do some reviewers add reviews for foundation, or other colors, etc. That just confuses things here. This looks to be as good as the Mac transparent powder that I used to use.. if it's cakey your using too much. Take a loose powder brush, dust it off and lightly go over the shine areas.. you will get a natural look that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I am Asian and have a slightly tanned complexion, oily T-zone, some discolouration here and there. I have this in Sandstorm. I really like the texture of this powder as it doesn't look powdery on my skin. It actually does what it claims - has excellent oil control and longevity (yes, 5 hours indeed). However, I do have a few problems with this powder:

1. The colour matches my skin pretty well, however I do find it becomes darker / orange-y an hour after application.
2. The perfume-y scent bothers me.
3. The packaging is not practical and is cheap quality.
4. The quantity you get is actually a lot less than it seems. I have hit the bottom of the pan after a month which surprised me because the pan seemed a lot deeper when in actuality it is very shallow. This is misleading when you purchase the product, thinking you are getting a LOT of powder when really you are getting the same or even less product than in a generic compact.

I will no longer repurchase this because I am now hooked on mineral makeup! Right now, I am using Physicians Formula Mineral Loose Powder in Buff Beige which significantly matches my skin better and doesn't have an annoying scent. However, shine control is not as good as Stay Matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by missteejay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like how this product covers and goes on,
BUT
If you have any kind of concealer on under a liquid foundation the powder just seems to highlight the concealer.

I don't use concealer very often and this powder is especially good for the price.

I will buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Feels a little stickier than other powders. Not sure of the coverage, as I bought it to set foundation. Good powder, but I wouldn't say it's good enough for me to buy it again. Good color, but it seems as though it turns a tee bit darker as the day goes by. Not bad, but there are better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its cheap & does the trick. if you drop it and it breaks its no problem to go and pick up another one because it hardly breaks the bank! 001 Transparant is great for fair complexions!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ktvowles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good powder, it controls shine, doesn't add unwanted colour (although i though this colour was translucent not transparent but oh well) The shame is on very oily skinned girls it wont control shine for the promised 5 hours. You can either apply with a powder puff/brush or a damp sponge/wedge, i find it goes on much smoother and lasts much longer when applied with a damp sponge. I use a damp sponge and then layer a bit of dry powder ontop. I will definately use this powder again, but they could improve the packaging alot, because my lid has cracked and it keeps coming off in my bag. Also i think it will last a long time because its pretty big. Will buy again