Chanel No.5

3.5

on 5/12/2004 10:33:00 AM

Although this is not a new fragrance in my collection, I've been wearing it for over 30 years, I have recently decided that this is the most "perfect" fragrance in my collection. Something about #5 speaks to me as no other scent can, like a non-verbal language. I wear both the EDT and the parfum, they are different enough from each other to have both. EDIT 8/10/07: I just had the good luck to obtain a huge bottle of vintage EDT and it is so smooth and warm and so close to the scent of the parfum, I am floored. If you have a problem with Chanel #5, I suggest you scour some places to get some vintage EDT. Fantastic, I am in heaven.!

on 5/12/2004 6:26:00 AM

Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes! This is a classic, sexy, feminine fragrance which smells gorgeous when you wear it. There is nothing I don't like about this scent. Its floral but not over sweet or over sharp. Its just perfect. I will always have this and Shalimar as fragrance staples.

I gave this fragrance 3 lippies because I usually appreciate it on some "aged" ladies and only certain skintypes.
My mother used to wear it when she was younger and or her it smelled very jasmin and flowers, but on my skin it stinks like cheap synthetic toilet deo.

on 5/10/2004 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

I've encountered this scent as a veil of loveliness around a few women through the years. On one woman I knew, it smelled precisely and cleanly of fresh-cut iris and rose, a gorgeous bouquet; a perfect sweet, green floral. While I love the romantic glass bottle, and keep it on my dresser because it's so pretty, I don't wear it well. On me, this starts out with a glittery city splash, pretty, fast and flashy, then quickly morphs into a scent reminiscent of a bleary night spent in a smoky bar. It's oddly and tenaciously tobacco-like, with an unrelenting, powdery old-lady aspect just underneath. I wish I could find that bouquet scent I've smelled on others wearing this, but on me, it's more like an old cigarette.

on 5/7/2004 11:54:00 AM

This grows on me every year. I prefer the EDT version of this scent. Parfum is too sharp and flowery whereas EDT s sparkly and musky. I haven't tried EDP though.
I love the aldehyde-muskiness and the sweet floral sparkliness. I also love the jasmine.
Appropriate for work but also feminine. Not sexy, per se, though. I wouldn't wear it on a date. More feminine than sexy. I also love the bath oil to wear as a fragrance for a light touch. The body satin spray is nice, as is the body lotion.
By the way, Coty L'Aimant is very similar to Chanel #5, much cheaper, and some may like it even better as it seems to have fewer aldehydes.

on 4/30/2004 10:58:00 AM

I love this fragrance. I used to think the smell was awful, until I sprayed some on myself. My body chemistry just loves this scent. I wear it everyday to work. I also will wear it with a pair of jeans and a plain v-neck white top ( with heels ofcourse). I feel that fragrance should be the first outfit you put on. I also make sure that I spray it on my body NOT my clothes so that people can not smell me unless they hug me. You do not want to reek, you want your sexy aura and scent to linger.

on 4/22/2004 6:08:00 PM

# 5 has a very light scent: light, honey sweet and powdery. Very subtle. Very nice for everyday. It has fantastic lasting power!

on 4/14/2004 3:14:00 AM

This is fragrance that I am always going to have in my collection. It's strong, but still very beautiful. It smells a little bit powdery on me, but with warm amber notes and ylang-ylang, which I love.. This is a fragrance with character-- feminine and sophisticated.

on 4/13/2004 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Classic woman's fragrance. I'm 32 and I've had some since my early 20's. It has special meaning because the women in my family wear it too. I have a son but if I had a daughter, she would have this too. I think every woman should have this in her collection. Always a good choice for a special occasion, a night out, romantic interlude..you get the picture. Clean, classic, classy, vintage smell.

This perfume is absolutely heavenly. The scent is not overly sophisticated, and is just smells like a feminine classic. Very beautiful!

Popular Fragrances