October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 1:51:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't too impressed with this soap. While it didn't dry out my skin, I didn't feel like I felt clean afterwards either. I think I still prefer shower gels over bars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 5:29:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I love this soap. I use it a lot in the winter when my skin gets dry and itchy. It lathers well and rinses of clean. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. It smells nice, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love Dover products. I just discovered the hair care which I really like and of course there is the beauty bar which has been a staple of mine for years and years. I use it both on my face and my body. My derm said that it was a nice gentle wash to use on the face that wouldn't bother my sensative skin. He was right!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 5:53:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

while this bar WAS nice and moisturizing, with a really nice scent.. I found that it didn't seem to make my skin feel clean. Also, since it was in bar form, it made me a bit iffy about how hygienic it was (yes, I'm paranoid!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always loved the original Dove beauty bar.It smells wonderful.Keeps skin soft and smooth.My skin never gets dried out like it will if I wash with regular soap.
I have never found another product like this.
I cannot say enough good things about this bar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 1:15:00 AM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

reese witherspoon my idol w/beautiful skin uses this! thats why i tried it and i like it when i have dry skin but when its oily its not so good. try the pink/white striped bars they look real cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2003 12:30:00 PM More reviews by RunLauraRun8

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bar! The only reason why I stopped using it is because I have stared a international soap collection. :) And there is no use to collecting soap unless you get to use it and test them out! :) But still, the Dove soap is the only soap that I have used that softens and moisturizes my skin. When I use it in my shower right before bed, I come out feeling all nice and soft and it really helps me fall right to sleep! I love the smell too... It became my signature smell (fragrances seem to stick to me... which isn't always great...) and my bf thought I smelled really cuddly. :) (BIG plus for someone who likes to cuddle!) But I digress.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I grew up with this... it was the only soap my mom and dermatologist said I could use, b/c my skin is very sensitive. It never dried me out, and I never had a problem with pimples using this.. but then I am very dry-skinned. Very gentle, and the unscented is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2002 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

I must admit that my favorite smell in the world is dove soap, I wish they made a perfume, too. I use this on my body with good results but I'm always afraid to use it on my face because I'm afraid it will clog my pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2002 12:52:00 AM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is good stuff. It feels and looks very pure, lathers well, and adds moisture to skin. I use it on my face sometimes, but the fragrance can be overwhelming. This is a very gentle cleanser. Be sure to rinse well though, or else it can leave a scummy residue.