September 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love lipstick/lipbalm hybrids, and this one does not dissapoint. I bough Strawberry Shortcake and Pink Truffle. Strawberry Shortcake is a soft, baby pink and Pink Truffle is a pinkish,brownish,berryish...if that makes any sense!

When I first got these I was not so crazy about them. However, this was my own fault. Do not apply these like you would a lipbalm or chapstick. I tend to fully coat my lips with balms and chapstick. I also have Maybelline's Babylips and those are not quite as pigmented, so I'm used to being able to coat my lips. With these you want to apply a little bit more softly, apply it like a lipstick. I layed on Strawberry Shortcake and it looked tacky, bright, pale pink! However when I put it on with a gentler hand it came out gorgeous!

These are nicely pigmented and not as drying as regular lipsticks. I can't wait to try some of the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sunnyonne1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm loving Sugar Frosting, and to a lesser extent, Cupcake. Main problem with the tubes. Once the wrapper is off,it's diifiicult to pull open because the base is so short, there is nothing to grab onto.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by devalish

I LOVE THESE REVLON LIP BUTTERS! These are the best so far on the market today. It's moisturing, highly pigmented (certain shades needs more application to get full color), sleek packaging and lipstick tube form= convinent and not messy like most lip butters that comes in tubs. These are definitely worth a try and if you get them on sale it's great. It is part of their permanent collection, so ladies/gents don't worry ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

These things are awesome!! Came in perfect timing, it just started to get cold in California and this is the time of the year when my lips get cracky. Keeping my lips moiturized during this time is MUST. Using my EOS colorless lip balm gets boring and I haven't (until now) found a good tinted lip conditioner that comes in a tube. I hate the ones that are in a pot. I have these in two shades. Red Velvet, super creamy and very pigmented wearable somewhat dark red. The second one I got is Cupcake, a blue based baby pink, also creamy and pigmented. I'm so happy with the amount of moisture and pigmentation you get with these lip butters. You honestly get the best of both worlds. Regarding lasting power, I started to feel it wearing off at about the 4th hour of wear. 4 hours is good for me:) I will be going back to pick up a couple more, they're actually buy one get one 50% off at CVS. You NEED to try these!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first heard about these on YouTube and I must say that they have lived up to the hype for me!!! They are much more pigmented than expected while still providing great moisturization... I can see these becoming makeup staples for people like me.

I tried the colors 'Strawberry Shorcake,' a pretty light pink and 'Gumdrop,' a beautiful lavender color, and love them both. Both have a nice glossy finish.

Great product and cute packaging!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by syntheticsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like these since they are so moisturizing! However, they slide around on my lips and are too glossy for my taste. I was assuming they would be similar to tinted lip balms, but it's more like a semi-sheer lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. I have 4 shades (see! I was really trying!) and here are colour breakdowns:

"Fig Jam" is a warm, slightly brownish/reddish berry (very sheer and buildable)
"Pink Truffle" is more opaque and a medium rose with a hint of brown (great for YLBB)
"Creamsicle" ON ME was a bright warm pink (no peach tones)
"Crème Brulee" is a peachy nude that was sheer enough not to wash me out, but had shimmer (which I'm not a fan of).

The packaging is cute, but since the cap covers most of the lipstick, it's a little difficult to take off sometimes (lack of anything to grab hold of). So I'm taking another lippie off for that.
If you like shiny, slightly shimmery lips, then this is for you! I really did like the colour selection, too!

*UPDATE*
"Pink Truffle" has really grown on me. If it was a tad less shiny, it would be my HG MLBB l/s. (I'm NC15 with warm undertones for reference). I'm upping the rating and changing my repurchase answer, since I will most likely buy this shade again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have to add to the rave reviews on this product! While it took me a little trial & error to find a suitable shade, I've finally settled on 'Fig Jam', and I like it quite a bit. I was super excited to spot these at my local Rite Aid, but a bit bummed to see they only carry about half the line of shades. (I really, really want Sugar Plum...so the search will continue). I first got 'Raspberry Smoothie' because I like cool berry & plum shades. I was hoping it would be sheer, but it is actually quite pigmented, and way too bright for what I was looking for. I returned it and after MUCH debating, I got 'Fig Jam' and its more of what I'm looking for. Its a sheer, reddish brown, with a hint of plum. I was really hesistant because I thought it would be too brown, but it just deepens my natural lip color, yet still looks natural. 1 or 2 swipes is all I need. Layering more just intensifies the color a little bit. I am glad this is a sheer shade, as I can control the intensity. It looks nice over/under other lip colors as well. The texture is soft and seems to melt into my lips. Its not drying as it wears off. The color and the cushy feel last about 2 hrs, which is I think is pretty decent. It gives my lips a bit of a sheen, but its not super glossy. No scent or taste, either, which is a plus. Overall, this is a good product with a range of shades & finishes (creme & shimmer), that's easy to apply & wear. I would definitely repurchase and look forward to trying other shades.

Edit 11/18/11: I finally got my hands on 'Sugar Plum' and *surprise* I still like 'Fig Jam' better! 'Sugar Plum', while nice, is more of a pink/mauve, than a plum shade. I find myself reaching for 'Fig Jam' much more often & I'm so glad I took a chance on it, even though it looked intimidating in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Bring on the Lip Butters! This is currently the latest craze in the cosmetic universe. I heard buzz about them but I hesitated on purchasing them because Revlon lipsticks are very drying and bother my lips. But, these are lip butters and I was hoping they will be different. I picked up only one while doing a shopping at Walgreen's. I purchased the shade Pink Truffle. I swiped it on when I got home and tested it out for the afternoon. I was blown away with the color, texture, finish and quality. BLOWN AWAY so much that I went back to buy another one. My oh my, the entire lip butters collection has so many pretty colors to pick from. Every color is natural and everyone can easily pick out a HG shade. My second color was Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is a brown/pink cream with no shimmer. PT is a lovely MLBB shade and even though it is subtle, it still has enough pigment to show off the lips. Berry Smoothie is a pretty medium cool toned pink with some shimmer. For $7.49, these are a bang for your buck. Perfect quality for a drugstore product. The only thing that I have tried that resembles Revlon Lip Butters are the YSL Pur Shines. I think they both have the same texture, finish and quality but maybe the YSL being a bit more pigmented but not by much. However, the YSL Pur Shines are $30! Overall, I HIGHLY recommend Revlon Lip Butters to everyone in the world. This product is the BEST thing Revlon ever created. I hope they stick around for a long time.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by soulsupermodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I went into CVS the other day and saw these on an untouched display. I hadn't even seen the hype about them online but they looked so cute and moisturizing that I was freaking out anyway. I ended up buying two - Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart. The next day I went back and bought Candy Apple with some Extrabucks.

Anyhow, these are fantastic - I'm a college student so I usually stick to drugstore products because I can't afford a lot of higher end cosmetics at this moment in time. But even still, they're not like anything else I've tried. They're softer (not sticky!) and sheerer than a lipstick, but there's hardly ANY way you can accuse these of not being pigmented enough. While some are more pigmented than others (Berry Smoothie is a lot sheerer than Candy Apple) ALL of them are exactly what I am looking for when I want something that's one step up from, say, a Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, but not as dramatic or shiny as a lip gloss or lipstick They're the perfect in-between and they leave a pretty stain even hours later, after eating and drinking.

I really think Revlon hit the mark with these. They're pretty, cute, soft, and colorful..basically, they're a whole bunch of things that girls love. Go out and get them if you can! I'll probably buy another one tomorrow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These lip butters make me wish I'd never bought any other lipstick before, because all my old lipsticks are being completely ignored now. The texture of these is divine. As another reviewer said, they hug your lips nicely, fade evenly, and they don't dry out my lips at all. These provide a very attractive glossiness. No fragrance and no flavor. Sturdy attractive packaging. Paid about $4.50 each during a recent Rite Aid sale. Here's a breakdown of the colors I've tried, from my favorite to least favorite.

Red Velvet: a very pigmented neutral red, great for fall and winter. Possibly the single most flattering red I've ever worn on my lips. Creme.

Pink Truffle: A beautiful rosy brownish pink. Most people would call this MLBB. It's also very pigmented. Creme.

Sugar Plum: A sheer berry plum. Kind of reminds me of a more subtle Clinique Black Honey. It is more translucent than some of the other shades. Sheer creme.

Fig Jam: A sheer rosy amber. The stick itself looks pretty brown, but it is sheer like Sugar Plum and when applied is a very pretty, natural looking color. I almost took this back to the store after swatching it on my hand, but I'm glad I didn't because it looks really nice when it mixes with the pink pigmentation of my lips. Sheer creme. I like the name too, and it's pretty for fall.

Berry Smoothie: A pretty light-medium pink, almost neutral, but the slightest bit cool-leaning. This one has pink shimmers in it, but they don't feel gritty. Well pigmented, but not as much as Red Velvet and Pink Truffle.

Peach Parfait: Pretty clear peach, with subtle golden shimmers. Will be very pretty in the summer with a tan. Pigmentation is similar to Berry Smoothie.

Raspberry Pie: A dramatic magenta...very pigmented. Creme. This is the only one I've returned, as it is just too far out of my comfort zone. Those of you who like statement lips will love this one, if it works with your coloring. It is not for the faint of heart.

A word of warning...the actual stick is very soft, so don't twist the product too far out of the tube to apply, as it might break off. I only twisted one up about a third of an inch and it broke right off and fell in the sink :(

Edit: I purchased Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, and Sweet Tart as well.
Candy Apple: A medium warm tomato red. Creme. Less pigmented than Red Velvet, and a bit translucent.

Sweet Tart: A medium warm pink. Creme. Similar opacity to Candy Apple. It kind of reminds me of the Candy Pink Colorburst Lipstick.

Cherry Tart: A blue based red. Shimmer formula. Slightly translucent.

Of the three reds, I feel that Red Velvet somehow looks the most "natural". Candy Apple and Cherry Tart, though pretty, seem to jump out from my face more than I like.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No