September 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by teddygurl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packing is not so good since it's really hard to just get a few drops. Other than that, the product is fantastic. I've been using it on my face for the past two week after I shower. It's not greasy and my skin feels really soft. Not to mention my skin is starting to look really nice too. My roommate even commented that my skin now has this natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess another rave for this product is just superfluous, but I have to sing its praises. Just as others have said - it's an all-natural, economical mutli-tasker. I apply this to damp skin after showering (especially great after shaving); I use it as a make-up remover (gets rid of all traces of even the most stubbon eyeliners and mascaras); I use it on my face (even though I have oily skin, I've NEVER had a breakout from this); and I apply it to dry hair before bed as a deep-treatment - washes out easily in the morning (I'm a curly-head who does the popular CO routine - I don't need a harsh or lathering shampoo to remove the jojoba oil).
This product is a staple for me. If you haven't already try it, you must - it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What an amazing product! Excellent as a light moisturizer, makeup remover (especially eye makeup), hair treatment, bath additive, I even use it on my baby. So gentle and cheap! I wish I would have discovered this when I was back in high school and destroying my skin with all types of cleansers, irritating moisturizers, drying pimple creams, ugh. This one (along with Dove bar soap) will be part of my beauty regimen for LIFE! Simpler really is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cutelu

I use it for my very dry skin, caused by all the acne products. I use it in replacement of Proactive Revitalizing toner, as a good buffer before the drying BP repairing lotion. It does improve overall moisture of my skin, and does a miraculously good job at evening out skin tone. I don't have to wear foundation, just concealer to cover up acne scars, and my skin looks perfect. Took one lippie off as was expecting it to be a little more moisturizing then it is, based on the reviews posted by other people here.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in place of my regular moisturizer for my face (and actually my whole body). Right after I cleanse, I re-dampen my face slightly, put 4-5 drops in my hands and work it into my skin. At first, I got a few BIG blemishes in spots I don't normally get blemishes, but they cleared faster than normal. Now, after a month, my skin is less oily, feels more evenly hydrated, and doesn't break out in unusual places. It feels so nice and light, and I'm glad to know exactly what's in my moisturizer! Plus it works WAY better! I only wish the bottle dispensed the oil better. It's very messy. I can deal with that though since the benefits are SO great!
EDIT: This is actually causing blackheads for me. That's something I don't need. I am no longer using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a different brand I don't remember what's its name but I got it in a health food store, it comes in a very beautiful glass bottle like perfume. Anyways I think I must be allergic to it so I stopped using it, I don't remember what sort of reactions I had, I used to mix it into my homemade Ayurvedic moisturizer and I can't remember what happened but whatever reaction I got I immediately recognized it as one of the usual sorts of reactions I have when I'm allergic to something. So I took it out of my homemade Ayurvedic moisturizer and kept everything else the same and the reaction went away. Put it back in again: reaction! So I knew it had to be the jojoba oil, pity because it did seem so nice and promising. I also tried it on my hair but it didn't really seem to do anything for it, now obviously my hair didn't have an allergic reaction but it also didn't seem any healthier or more moisturized than before. So I've switched to coconut and sweet almond oils as my everyday staples and have great results! So ladies if you are allergic to jojoba oil or it just doesn't work for you for whatever reason, try almond and coconut oils instead. I use those as makeup removers, face moisturizers, in my hair, to help to get a healthy and long-lasting tan (not that I want a tan, I don't but since the sun is so strong here I can never avoid getting a tan so since I have to have one might as well get a healthy one).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and I am pretty happy with the product. I took one lippie off though, because the packaging is awful and it's so messy to work with. But, as far as the product, it's great! I have very acne-prone irritable skin and this does not not break me out. I add a drop or two to my AM moisturizer (I use the Proactiv Refining Lotion) and it keeps all the flakies from my Retin A use at bay. It goes on a bit greasy, but it absorbs quickly and goes well under foundation/powder. In the PM, I use it as my make-up remover. I just slather it all over and then wipe it off with cotton squares before cleansing. After washing my face usually feels tight and stiff, but when I cleanse after using the oil, my skin is left soft, smooth and clean feeling. I haven't noticed any super miracle results, other than the fact it softens my skin and keeps flakes away, but I hope to see some long term results that others talk of... I definitely plan to keep this in my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by phitius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love to soak in a nice hot bath with sweet smelling bath salts. The problem, this habit is very drying. I've started adding a few drops of this to my bath and it's made all the difference. I'm silky smooth and very moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews, and acknowledging that my skin needed some help, I picked this up at Trader Joe's for $6 and some change. The packaging sucks - easy to spill, sort of drips down sides of the bottle when you try to extract it in small drops - but don't judge an oil by it's bottle! I LOVE this so far! I find that it absorbs much quicker than I ever anticipated and doesn't leave me feeling or looking greasy - just with a nice *glow*. I've started using it on my kids as well. It's a great post-shower/bath moisturizer. And, after reading a previous review, I've started adding a drop to my proActiv repair lotion - it has really helped it be less drying on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 2:51:00 AM More reviews by suechtig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Using this oil has literally saved my skin. I've been "blessed" with very oily skin prone to clogged pores, but the jojoba oil really helps to control the sebum secretions and loosen up the hardened oil in my pores (gross). It took a few weeks to see significant results, but it definitely has improved its texture and lightened my acne scars. The key is to use only 2-3 drops at a time (which can be hard to control due to the packaging) and to pat it on still damp skin. This really helps to "lock in" moisture. The oil itself has almost a velvety, smooth feel -- it's not at all heavy or greasy feeling. I use this as both my daytime and nighttime moisturizer, but usually it needs some time to absorb before I can put on s/s in the morning.