April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by seahorselove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this oil. I have waist length hair, and I put a dime-sized drop n rub it in my hands, and then onto the ends of my hair. it works on wet and dry hair. It has kept my hair moist and tangle free, which i love!! I bought it at trader joes grocery store for about 6$ its sort of expensive for such a little bottle, but ive barely dented it and ive had it since last summer. It is by far the best hair product ive ever used. If I ever run out ill never stop repurchasing! There is nothing better to keep my hair condioned. It never leaves build up, and has no smell whatsoever, which im very sensitive to. id reccomend it to anyone with hair! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm actually not using the Desert Essence oil, I'm using a clear version in a pump bottle that I got at the health food store which I recommend everyone tries since it will eliminate your leaky bottle problems. Anyway I mix a few drops of this in with my Olay Complete Moisture Lotion every morning and have been for 3 months now (still on same bottle). I haven't had a pimple since I started using it! Also the blackheads on my nose are slowly disappearing. I have a hypertrophied scar on my neck from thyroid surgery and I have been rubbing the oil into the scar as well, and I'm not SURE, but I think it's beginning to fade. I'm positive that it's flatter and less inflamed. All in all I think jojoba oil has brought a nice balance to my skin and I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by scutchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thank god for this wonderful oil!!! It does wonders for my skin. I've used this for only a week, yet my skin has improved greatly. My dry/flaky/red skin went away, replaced by a soft and even-tone. The ONLY downside to this oil is that it takes a little too long to absorb completely into your skin. It takes about 15-20 mins. Patient is required but it's great afterward. Packaging leaks and is messy. Other than that, it's a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by rhiannon427

I am sooooo glad I found this stuff, it's amazing. I mix a drop into my AHA moisturizing cream in the am and pm . In the two weeks I've been using it, I absolutely notice a difference in my skin. It's so much more radiant and my fine lines are seriously disappearing before my eyes!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by delondraw

Love it. Any oil works best when used sparingly; massage a small amount in and then wipe of the excess. I have acne-prone combination skin, and I live in a polluted city, so my face was always breaking out. But I've been using jojoba oil for about two weeks along with sunscreen (Blue Lizard SPF 30 Suncream Sensitive...great stuff), and my skin has really cleared up. Jojoba oil is a match for human sebum, which means that it actually penetrates the skin, unlike products like Vaseline and even olive oil. And jojoba oil doesn't have any health risks, so it's safe to use everywhere. Why pay more for expensive moisturizers/bath oils/makeup removers when this works even better?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by rintamakilover

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sure have tried this for quite some time. However it seems to have given me drier skin than normal. When I wake up, I have facial dandruff. It's very unsightly and it doesn't seem to address my oily skin. I feel vitamin e oil works better. However the longstanding caveat of what works for others doesn't mean it will work for you comes to mind when I use this. Too bad, because I wanted to love this, like all people really say. I have had an acne problem and oily skin problem and this somewhat abated the acne issue, but more build up of oil and congestion ensued. Was this the case for anyone else?
Also I would always look greasy, it never quite sunk in for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I have oily skin and this has helped my skin be LESS oily! I use it after I wash my face at night, and again after I wash in the morning, under my make-up. Been using it for about two months. love it. : )
UPDATE: this was breaking me out. I no longer use it on my face, only once in a while in my bath for my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by meenz

LOVE this. i leave it in my shower and rub it all over once i turn off water and am about to jump out. replaces any lotion anyday. i also use this during the day on my face as an intense moisturizer (for my dry days) and leaves no residue/smell! bought it at trader joes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Isabella76

I have been using this jojoba oil for 5 years and it works great. Perfect for acne prone or sensitive skin. But I notice as I get older I need more moisture. I'm still looking for a good moisturiser to go with the jojoba oil.

Also, I'd love to hear from any MUAers who have tried using jojoba oil as a cleanser and alternative to the DHC cleansing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Pierra007

I love this product. I use it as a makeup remover and skin moisturizer. It's odorless and non greasy. So it doesn't clash with my perfume. I have eczema during the winter and this product works. I have not gotten eczema this winter since I started using this. It's a bit pricey $14 for a small little bottle, but I found it at www.vitacost.com for $7 Can't beat that right!