October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

I am a jojoba oil convert. It really is a multi-purpose product for hair, face, body! I have been using Desert Essence's version and it has really helped with my dry skin particularly my body. I mix a little with my regular body lotions and my skin feels soft and smooth. Great after shaving your legs. For my face, I add a tiny amount to my moisturizer and the dry patches disappear. I was a little skeptical about an oil going anywhere near my face but apparently jojoba is similar to skin's sebum. I have used it in my hair, pre-wash and as a scalp massage. Wonderful product! Update: I just cannot use this on my face because it has been going haywire lately. I still love this product but for my body only.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ladiihpnotiiq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to love Jojoba Oil. I had finally perfected every other aspect in my skincare regime with the only missing element being a lovely, natural moisturiser.

I bought pure Jojoba Oil in a spray/pump bottle from my local pharmacy, ready to start my all natural regime.

For the first week my combo skin was lapping it up. I would cleanse with AOBS, tone with Rose Water and whilst still wet from the toner, spray a tiny amount of Jojoba Oil into my palm and massage thoroughly into my skin. My skin would be slightly oily, but soft and glowy aswell.

One morning I woke up and almost every single pore of mine in my t-zone was clogged, red and bumpy. Having never had a problem with any product before, with my skin being opposite to sensitvie, I was in shock. I had never had a breakout from a product and never had experienced clogged pores so this really dealt to my self-esteem.

I bought Herbalism cleanser and Celestial moisturiser from LUSH and dealt to my skin with those combined with AHA and BHA gel. After a week of that, my skin was back to normal.

Needless to say, I will not be trying Jojoba Oil on my face again.

I must admit, as a hair and cuticle treatment, it's wonderful. It's also cheap and natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Thena

The best moisturizer I have. I use and have Olay, pure aloe vera and 100% shea butter too, but this is the one that my combo face loves the most. A couple of drops, and my face is cleansed, smooth and flake free. I like using it on my oily areas such as my nose, and I love using it on my eye area as it seems to relax the skin around there as it absorbs quickly. I've had no reaction, but then again, I don't use it so much because it is expensive for the small amount ($15 CAD). The packaging is not the best, but this really is the best natural moisturizer. HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I was quite skeptical about putting an oil (or wax, as jojoba oil technically is) on your face and not have it suffocate and break out, but after reading the reviews here and doing lots of on-line research I decided to try it. I bought this at Loblaws in the Organic section for $15 Cdn for 4 oz (120 ml). My skin is dry but breaks out easily and frequently, pores are very easily clogged. I'd like to get pregnant soon so I've stopped using AHA's and BHA's (my skin loves those!!!) as they are not to be used by pregnant women, and I'd like to stay away from parabens as well. Well, I must say I'm really impressed with this stuff. I've used 4-5 drops every morning and evening after cleansing and my skin has had no reactions at all so far! My skin is smooth and decently hydrated. (If it was winter, maybe I'd need to use more, especially around the eyes.) It's not greasy, it's unscented and the price is right considering you only need a few drops at a time. The blackheads on my nose and chin are getting better too! Hey, go figure. For some people this stuff gives a reaction, but for me, I seem fine so far. It doesn't 'sink in' to the skin the way creams do, nor does it leave a dry, matte finish the way silicone-based gels do. It leaves a slight film on the skin but that dissipates after 15 or 20 minutes. My acne is slightly better, too. I tried both almond and olive oil as facial moisturizers before and I had acne flare-ups and seriously clogged pores from those! The almond oil I'm now using exclusively as a body moisturizer (terrific for that!). Jojoba oil rates a 0 on the comedogenic scale, whereas almond, olive and grapeseed oils rate a 2 (out of 5). I hope this review helps someone. Thanks to everyone who reviewed this before, I'm really pleased I found this! *BTW - as a makeup remover, this stuff isn't so great. It just smears it around and too much is needed, making it a very expensive makeup remover! **UPDATE** This stuff is liquid gold, I swear! After a few days my blackheads and clogged pores are almost completely gone. The fine lines around my eyes are diminishing. I'm gobsmacked. I don't understand it, but I'm not complaining! (I did get 2 cystic pimples likely as a 'purge' but they cleared up fast. It's a small price to pay in the short term for having terrific skin - finally!)

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by teddygurl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packing is not so good since it's really hard to just get a few drops. Other than that, the product is fantastic. I've been using it on my face for the past two week after I shower. It's not greasy and my skin feels really soft. Not to mention my skin is starting to look really nice too. My roommate even commented that my skin now has this natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess another rave for this product is just superfluous, but I have to sing its praises. Just as others have said - it's an all-natural, economical mutli-tasker. I apply this to damp skin after showering (especially great after shaving); I use it as a make-up remover (gets rid of all traces of even the most stubbon eyeliners and mascaras); I use it on my face (even though I have oily skin, I've NEVER had a breakout from this); and I apply it to dry hair before bed as a deep-treatment - washes out easily in the morning (I'm a curly-head who does the popular CO routine - I don't need a harsh or lathering shampoo to remove the jojoba oil).
This product is a staple for me. If you haven't already try it, you must - it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What an amazing product! Excellent as a light moisturizer, makeup remover (especially eye makeup), hair treatment, bath additive, I even use it on my baby. So gentle and cheap! I wish I would have discovered this when I was back in high school and destroying my skin with all types of cleansers, irritating moisturizers, drying pimple creams, ugh. This one (along with Dove bar soap) will be part of my beauty regimen for LIFE! Simpler really is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cutelu

I use it for my very dry skin, caused by all the acne products. I use it in replacement of Proactive Revitalizing toner, as a good buffer before the drying BP repairing lotion. It does improve overall moisture of my skin, and does a miraculously good job at evening out skin tone. I don't have to wear foundation, just concealer to cover up acne scars, and my skin looks perfect. Took one lippie off as was expecting it to be a little more moisturizing then it is, based on the reviews posted by other people here.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in place of my regular moisturizer for my face (and actually my whole body). Right after I cleanse, I re-dampen my face slightly, put 4-5 drops in my hands and work it into my skin. At first, I got a few BIG blemishes in spots I don't normally get blemishes, but they cleared faster than normal. Now, after a month, my skin is less oily, feels more evenly hydrated, and doesn't break out in unusual places. It feels so nice and light, and I'm glad to know exactly what's in my moisturizer! Plus it works WAY better! I only wish the bottle dispensed the oil better. It's very messy. I can deal with that though since the benefits are SO great!
EDIT: This is actually causing blackheads for me. That's something I don't need. I am no longer using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a different brand I don't remember what's its name but I got it in a health food store, it comes in a very beautiful glass bottle like perfume. Anyways I think I must be allergic to it so I stopped using it, I don't remember what sort of reactions I had, I used to mix it into my homemade Ayurvedic moisturizer and I can't remember what happened but whatever reaction I got I immediately recognized it as one of the usual sorts of reactions I have when I'm allergic to something. So I took it out of my homemade Ayurvedic moisturizer and kept everything else the same and the reaction went away. Put it back in again: reaction! So I knew it had to be the jojoba oil, pity because it did seem so nice and promising. I also tried it on my hair but it didn't really seem to do anything for it, now obviously my hair didn't have an allergic reaction but it also didn't seem any healthier or more moisturized than before. So I've switched to coconut and sweet almond oils as my everyday staples and have great results! So ladies if you are allergic to jojoba oil or it just doesn't work for you for whatever reason, try almond and coconut oils instead. I use those as makeup removers, face moisturizers, in my hair, to help to get a healthy and long-lasting tan (not that I want a tan, I don't but since the sun is so strong here I can never avoid getting a tan so since I have to have one might as well get a healthy one).