March 2, 2015 | 1107 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by aliciavogue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is strictly a scar/blemish concealer. It hides my redness and acne scars well but as for the under eye area, not so well. I'm only 18 and somehow after an hour or two of wear, it settles into my very fine lines under my eyes and makes the wrinkles look even worse. Also blending is a bit of a chore. It's a very thick consistency which is not ideal for under the eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for good concealers and this one has been getting great reviews. Alas, it is not as good as I had hoped it would be. I use concealers to cover my horrible under eye circles and this one covered the darkness fine . . .for about an hour. After that it moves and makes my under eye area look worse than before. I always set my concealer with powder and I usually never have any problems. I tried using the concealer pencil to cover a scar on my arm, but the color is too dark and orange on my pale skin. Overall, there are great drugstore concealers out there but this is definitely not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everything I want in a concealer... long lasting,opaque coverage :) Great quality for the price, comparable to Kat Von Dee Tattoo Concealer. Packaging is cute and I like the pencil it comes with :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this concealer is pretty thick but it's because it's heavy duty. i have this in tan. use a small amount it can cake. prep good and it should look fine. i like the little squeeze tube very hygienic. it is very cheap and you get ALOT of product. i swear i use this as foundation sometimes. overall i think it's worth a shot. but i wouldnt buy again just because i have other concealers that i like more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I could give it a 3.5 I would. The shade selection is terrible. Light is REALLY light, I'm practically ghostly and the light is too light on me! Undertone of the light is nice for paler folks. I tried mixing it with the medium to see if that would help darken it up a bit....big mistake since the medium is VERY yellow. So after some trial and error I have figured out how best to make this work for me as it has the potential to be a great concealer. I can only use it when I use Colorstay foundation. With my Rimmel 25 hour foundation which stays tacky for so long it didn't work well under the foundation or over it. I can't use under my Colorstay but I can use over it, let the CS dry completely then put this on any spots that need extra concealing, a little goes a long way, it's best to use a very slight amount and layer it. Let it dry, then I add a concealer that just wasn't opaque enough for me but was the right shade over it to tone down how light it is and let that dry before setting with powder. I get all day coverage with minimal transfer (I wear a face mask for at least 7.5 hours of my work day).
So all in all this is a good pigmented concealer that stays put, but Hard Candy definitely needs to consider adding more shades! Price is great for amount that you get, especially since a pin head amount will cover everything on me. I would probably buy again but I wouldn't need to buy again for ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an exceptional product for those that fit within the lines very limited color options.

Pros:
-packaging = squeeze tube lets you control amount of product you use, also I foresee being able to get all of the product out
-extra pencil = comes with a small concealer pencil that is great for detail work, and its creamy
-thickness = this is wonderful as it adheres to skin so well
- opacity = the thickness helps in covering an array of colors, cannot see through the concealer

Cons:
-color range = only comes in three colors last I checked
-opacity = can look "caked" if too much product is used
-texture = is very thick, can be hard to blend

I have this in medium. I fell in love right away, but do not expect to know how to use this right away. It took me a few tries to get it right. For under eyes, I make sure to use an emollient eye cream before I use Glamoflage. I find that the slip from the eye cream helps in getting this to spread. I like a finger tapping motion, in addition to a fluffy brush to get airbrushed edges. As for amount to use for eye area, I suggest a pin head amount of concealer. Any more and its like asking for cake city / wrinkles-r-us!

For concealing blemishes/dark patches on the rest of my face, I really like this. Once again, I start with the tiniest amount possible, and always on well moisturized skin. I tend to like finger application with this, accompanied with a brush to blow out edges for softness. I have not experienced any breakouts with this product (I have combo skin)

Hard Candy really needs to widen their array of colors. I go from being light to really tan (mexican/italian descent) and find that medium was my closest choice.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to get my hands on this product for a while and I finally purchased it this weekend on clearance for only $4 at Walmart. This isn't what I expected it to be. I know people say it's heavy but I wasn't expecting it to be as heavy as it is. It covers well but it's hard to blend. I tried using it on my undereyes a few days ago and it looked incredibly unnatural because it was impossible to blend. I might try it out with a brush instead of using my fingers sometime soon and see how that works. The pencil looks a bit yellow (I got the concealer in the color light) and I don't see it working on my NC20 skin. I might try it out on my waterline or something...but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first i was like omg this is so coop but when i acctually used it it was cakey. You litteraly cant onlu put it in a few spots. Its very think and just unapealing. I would never buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this concealer the first time I tried it - it does give an amazing amount of coverage, you barely have to use any product and it blends out to look pretty natural. There is something about the texture that feels cheap to me - kind of slick in a weird, oily way, not creamy - and this made me worry about it agreeing with my skin. Well, unfortunately, it didn't. It gave me a horrible breakout all over my face that lasted what seemed like forever, so frustrating. I wouldn't say my skin is particularly sensitive or prone to break outs. A few days ago I tried it on my forehead, where I never break out, just to see if it was in fact the cause - sometimes it's hard to tell - and I woke up this morning with a big pimple beside my eyebrow. Darn! Really too bad because for the price, this concealer performs well, has great packaging, is easy to find, etc. But none of that matters if my skin hates it. =\

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Apizzle

I've heard a lot of really good things about Glamoflauge. I'm disappointed in it though. Its messy and hard to blend. It covered up the flaws, but it draws attention to the concealer instead. I probably won't buy this product again.