Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 4/19/2011 10:20:00 AM

With all the talk and hype surrounding this concealer I had to try it. Sadly this concealer just isn't for me. It's thick, cakey, and difficult to blend. Looks horrible under the eyes and tends to look greasy after a few hours. The only redeeming factors would be the inexpensive price tag and the squeeze tube hygienic packaging.

on 4/18/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pretty good coverage...I don't have an issue blending it, the trick is to apply a good moisturizer before hand. I really love the little pencil that comes with it...it's great for touch ups on the go and for blemishes. All in all great concealer for the price!

on 4/17/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hard Candy is easily becoming one of my favourite drug store brands (Or Wal-mart brand...). I went hunting for this concealer after reading the great reviews here, and although I had to hit up three different Wal-Marts to find it, it was worth it. When Hard Candy describes something as a "heavy duty" concealer, they aren't kidding. This is a very thick concealer that really does cover up all your blemishes. It's a thick, very opaque liquid, with a somewhat oily feel to it (A lot like Cover FX's Conceal FX).

A little goes a long way -- I usually squeeze the tiniest amount possible out of the tube, and can cover up quite a few of my (many) blemishes with just that. Luckily, the tube is very conducive towards this, having a very fine, narrow opening.

This product is not without its problems. As many people have noted, there's a very limited number of colour choices (only three). I also find this concealer kind of resistant to blending. Using Hard Candy primer, it blends a little bit better, but I think a product should be able to stand on its own. Nonetheless, this is a great concealer, and the cost ($8 Canadian) is just the icing on the cake.

on 4/16/2011 3:36:00 PM

I love this concealer !! Very creamy heavy duty for my under eye circles. The best part about it is that you need less than a pea size portion to cover the imperfections. If you use a lot of this it will cake up and look unreal so PLEASE don't use as much as you would with regular concealers . I must remind you that this is a heavy duty and it claims to cover tattoos so you can see how much of a power it has(: .

on 4/14/2011 10:53:00 PM

i ONLY write reviews on products that i either love to death or hate SO MUCH. this sadly is something i absolutley HATE. it not only makes the circles WORSE, it makes my undereyes look like serious reverse circles. keep in mind i used it minimally and i did not cake it on. made it worse. then i tried putting more on, settles into fine lines and makes it worse.
absolutley hate this X1000000000000000000!

on 4/14/2011 12:11:00 PM

I am NC 40 and I use medium. It is yellow based so if you do not have yellow undertones I would not reccommend this. It is creamy & blendable. I dont think people understand how to set concealer for it not to crease. You must must must used a finely milled powder w/ a domed shape brush and swipe it back and forth where you placed your concealer. I have no major problem w/ this creasing on me. My go to concealer when I dont want to use my high end one.

on 4/12/2011 11:04:00 AM

This is an AMAZING heavy-duty concealer! Best one i've seen at a drugstore. The price is fairly reasonable and you get a lot of product for the amount you need. The concealer is extremely pigmented so just a small dab would do your whole face. The concealer pencil that came with it is nice for around the lip line or any small blemishes and it blends very nicely. I feel like this product is almost an exact dupe of Kat Von D's tattoo concealer - but only a tiny fraction of the price! Only downside is that it feels extremely greasy and it does slide off the face when wearing it for a long time, but i would definitely repurchase.

on 4/11/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best concealer as far as drugstore goes & I've had my fair share of concealers. In concealers I look for good lasting power, a nice finish, and full coverage without too much creasing. I have a sorta love/hate relationship with this product. Havent really used it for blemishes just for undereye but it would probably work at spot concealing well.

TEXTURE:
Very thick, pretty creamy. Somewhat glossy yet can be somewhat dry so it can be kinda hard to spread and blend.

COVERAGE:
Very good coverage, I guess you can say full coverage. Not so good at layering though as it can get cakey if you apply too much.

FINISH:
Again, it can either look natural or look cakey depending on how you apply it. I suggest you work fast and one eye at a time as it dries relatively quick. It sets matte so it probably works better on people with oilier skin. Using your finger is best as it warms it up a bit. One downfall is that it can and does crease a bit on the eyes at least.

LASTING POWER:
Just okay, it has fairly good wear power but it doesn't claim to be long wearing. It is kinda water resistant I find. But it does start fading after about 6-7 hours.

Overall, it is a good product but there are definitely some flaws, its not a holy grail concealer for me. But the price is fantastic, one of my favorite hard candy products. I don't really like how it feels under my eyes or the color selection but its not bad. If you're looking for something that won't crease & will last all day (all day meaning 8+ hours) , this isn't the best product for you. I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could.

on 4/11/2011 7:11:00 PM

Pretty good concealer for WalMart makeup line. EXCELLENT coverage. I use a dot no wider than this _____ for each under-eye area and I can usually rub it down over my cheeks and hide any zits or redness on my cheeks, too. I've had it a good two months and less than 1/10 of the tube is used up. I got a feeling this will last a loooooooong time. I threw the little useless pencil away, I just use the concealer. Has a nice, thick consistency, too.

on 4/10/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this product. I mix it with Revlon Colorstay to make my foundation a little heavier. It gives such nice coverage and doesn't break me out at all, I have even slept in it before. I'm so impressed by it, the coverage is so heavy and it doesn't even make my oily skin look oily after a few hours, and trust me, I have very oily skin. I find that the color light works nicely and that medium turns pretty orange. If you want to be tan mix the medium and light. I swear, this stuff covers EVERYTHING and lasts all day too :)