Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 4/16/2011 3:36:00 PM

I love this concealer !! Very creamy heavy duty for my under eye circles. The best part about it is that you need less than a pea size portion to cover the imperfections. If you use a lot of this it will cake up and look unreal so PLEASE don't use as much as you would with regular concealers . I must remind you that this is a heavy duty and it claims to cover tattoos so you can see how much of a power it has(: .

on 4/14/2011 10:53:00 PM

i ONLY write reviews on products that i either love to death or hate SO MUCH. this sadly is something i absolutley HATE. it not only makes the circles WORSE, it makes my undereyes look like serious reverse circles. keep in mind i used it minimally and i did not cake it on. made it worse. then i tried putting more on, settles into fine lines and makes it worse.
absolutley hate this X1000000000000000000!

on 4/14/2011 12:11:00 PM

I am NC 40 and I use medium. It is yellow based so if you do not have yellow undertones I would not reccommend this. It is creamy & blendable. I dont think people understand how to set concealer for it not to crease. You must must must used a finely milled powder w/ a domed shape brush and swipe it back and forth where you placed your concealer. I have no major problem w/ this creasing on me. My go to concealer when I dont want to use my high end one.

on 4/12/2011 11:04:00 AM

This is an AMAZING heavy-duty concealer! Best one i've seen at a drugstore. The price is fairly reasonable and you get a lot of product for the amount you need. The concealer is extremely pigmented so just a small dab would do your whole face. The concealer pencil that came with it is nice for around the lip line or any small blemishes and it blends very nicely. I feel like this product is almost an exact dupe of Kat Von D's tattoo concealer - but only a tiny fraction of the price! Only downside is that it feels extremely greasy and it does slide off the face when wearing it for a long time, but i would definitely repurchase.

on 4/11/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best concealer as far as drugstore goes & I've had my fair share of concealers. In concealers I look for good lasting power, a nice finish, and full coverage without too much creasing. I have a sorta love/hate relationship with this product. Havent really used it for blemishes just for undereye but it would probably work at spot concealing well.

TEXTURE:
Very thick, pretty creamy. Somewhat glossy yet can be somewhat dry so it can be kinda hard to spread and blend.

COVERAGE:
Very good coverage, I guess you can say full coverage. Not so good at layering though as it can get cakey if you apply too much.

FINISH:
Again, it can either look natural or look cakey depending on how you apply it. I suggest you work fast and one eye at a time as it dries relatively quick. It sets matte so it probably works better on people with oilier skin. Using your finger is best as it warms it up a bit. One downfall is that it can and does crease a bit on the eyes at least.

LASTING POWER:
Just okay, it has fairly good wear power but it doesn't claim to be long wearing. It is kinda water resistant I find. But it does start fading after about 6-7 hours.

Overall, it is a good product but there are definitely some flaws, its not a holy grail concealer for me. But the price is fantastic, one of my favorite hard candy products. I don't really like how it feels under my eyes or the color selection but its not bad. If you're looking for something that won't crease & will last all day (all day meaning 8+ hours) , this isn't the best product for you. I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could.

on 4/11/2011 7:11:00 PM

Pretty good concealer for WalMart makeup line. EXCELLENT coverage. I use a dot no wider than this _____ for each under-eye area and I can usually rub it down over my cheeks and hide any zits or redness on my cheeks, too. I've had it a good two months and less than 1/10 of the tube is used up. I got a feeling this will last a loooooooong time. I threw the little useless pencil away, I just use the concealer. Has a nice, thick consistency, too.

on 4/10/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this product. I mix it with Revlon Colorstay to make my foundation a little heavier. It gives such nice coverage and doesn't break me out at all, I have even slept in it before. I'm so impressed by it, the coverage is so heavy and it doesn't even make my oily skin look oily after a few hours, and trust me, I have very oily skin. I find that the color light works nicely and that medium turns pretty orange. If you want to be tan mix the medium and light. I swear, this stuff covers EVERYTHING and lasts all day too :)

on 4/10/2011 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I didnt want to spend a lot of money on a concealer like when I use to use the estee lauder tube concealer. I heard good things about this concealer so I gave it a shot and bought the medium color. I have dark circles. I didnt need to use a lot, half pea size for each eye. It seems like this tube is going to last for a while. Too bad they dont have a large selection of colors.

on 4/9/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dark circles and this concealer does an amazing job at covering them. I got it in tan. It is heavy duty, thicker than mac studio finish concealer however, if you have fine lines under your eyes, this product unfortunately emphasizes them. Nonetheless, still a great product and affordable too.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's quite unfortunate that this concealer only comes in three (3) shades, which is probably the only non positive thing I can say about this concealer. There is light, medium and tan. I chose medium, which happens to be a medium beige with yellow/olive undertones. In fact, the olive undertone is quite strong and can appear green on certain skintones. I have used it on myself as well as my best friend. She is middle eastern, with light/medium olive skin (NC27-NC30) and it matched her perfectly, and she would be able to wear it alone. I on the other hand, would not be able to wear this alone, as the green looks more obvious on my skintone.

As for the product itself, I can honestly say it's the best FULL coverage (drugstore) concealer I have tried. It covers any blemishes, scars on my face with no effort and covers my under eye darkness completely. The consistency is a creamy liquid that isn't too dry and isn't too liquidy. It's thicker than MAC Select Cover Up & somewhat comparable to Mary Kaye or MUFE Full Coverage Concealer. Because the coverage is quite heavy, I would recommend moisturizing your under eyes well prior to applying this concealer so it won't accentuate your dryness & look very thick. Some of you may find this concealer too heavy for your needs, and some of you may find it perfect for your needs. If you find it too heavy for your under eyes, like I mentioned, it's excellent at covering blemishes. It's said to cover tattoos, and I wouldn't at all doubt it. I applied a little dab over one of my brown birthmarks, and it covered it completely. Overall, I really like this concealer and will continue using it for blemishes and under eyes. Again, my only complaint is the color selection and the undertone of the shade medium. I have to make sure to adequately apply my foundation over the concealer to cover up the green cast it gives me. Or, mix it with another concealer of mine. Other than that, I love it. I'll most likely be picking this up in the shade light as well.