December 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Dressed2Kill

I have hyperpigmentation marks from acne and I always have a few pimples. This stuff is amazing. Nothing I've tried has worked for me like this product. I don't use it for under my eyes (thankfully I don't really need it), so I can't comment on how that would work. If you're looking for a concealer for dark spots though, this is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by RainOnMyParade9351

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first applied this concealor, I thought I was in love. It covers so well, and I've NEVER seen that in a liquid concealor. My only problem with it is after a couple hours it looks unbelievable shiny on me, and I don't have very oily skin at all. Overall, I don't know what to think. As much as I love everything else, I'm not sure I can live with how shiny it gets. If by some miracle you stumble upon this review, Hard Candy, please just do me a solid and fix this one little flaw that keeps this concealor from being perfect. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this concealer. I've been using it for about 3 months and I'm not even halfway through the tube. To say a little goes a long way is an understatement. It covers very well as it is VERY pigmented. I use Light and it's about half a shade darker than I'd like, but if I blend it out a little with my foundation sponge you can't really tell. It's a wonderful product, I recommend it a lot.

Update 3/2012: I've switched to the Ultra Light shade,and I still love it just as much. I am so glad Hard Candy listened to the demand and created a new shade to suit more of their customers.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Celsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a heavy duty concealer that covers redness and scars extremely well. I adored this concealer... until it started to break me out. It was the only thing I changed in my routine, so I know it was that :( It's thick and creamy so you don't need a ton at all. I would just squeeze out a dot about this size: o. warm it up on the back of my head and using my fingers, then dab it over the places that I need to conceal. The staying power was pretty good for me. Lasted an 8 hour long school day plus lifting and running for over an hour. Didn't oxidize on me either.

I'm NC25/30, yellow skin tone, and tan was perfect for me.

If it hadn't broke me out, I would give it a 5. Honestly, I'm still going to use this product on days I need to look my best. But when I finish, I will not buy it again because it broke me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by LashFlashingLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get the hype :( Even with a well-moisturized undereye I am really unimpressed by this. The first hour it's on, it looks AMAZING and I was totally smitten. I really understood all the great reviews... for that first hour.

After that began the quick slide into awfulness. It flakes--and I have never, ever had an undereye concealer flake; my eye circles are not of the dry type--and creases horribly even with the very light application I did. It also settles immediately into lines that I didn't even know I had and am now horrified to see are standing out and making me look about ten years older. It also has no longevity, which I suppose is good considering how awful it's making me look. I rub my eyes a lot and even hours into the day it's still coming off on my hands, which is not a problem I ever had with another concealer.

Someone below compares Glamoflage to PF Rx. That's actually my preferred concealer, and I picked this up thinking it would be an even better alternative--wrong! PFRX isn't perfect, but I'll be going back to it. The thin, light formula is miles more flattering than this thick stuff.

Maybe the problem is in how I applied it, but I tend to think that being able to easily apply your concealer is a plus! Not recommended at all and will not rebuy--but people more used to a thick, gel-like concealer might enjoy this product. It really did look great for the first hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

Yay! I'm so happy I found this. After years of not being able to find a concealer that worked for me, I stumbled onto Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse concealer and really liked it. Only for it to be discontinued :( Bummer. So my next trip to Walmart I searched for good replacement. Glamoflauge was either 6 or 8 dollars, I can't remember which, but very reasonable for a concealer, especially one that performs this well! It's awesome. So far it's the only concealer I've ever tried that looks natural and doesn't crease or get cakey on my undereye. Love the squeezy tube too. I'm about NC15 and fair matches my skin perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

I bought this as a dupe for the kat von d and amazing concealers and I'm glad I didn't have to spend money for those two with this on the market. As many people have said, this is highly pigmented and the staying power is great. However, it is very drying on the undereye and creases there and the color selection is very limited. I have Medium, which comes out lighter than it does in the tube. I would say NC25-NC30 can probably pull off this shade, with some powder on top to correct the color a little. It isn't a perfect shade match, or else it would get a 5. Also, the shades are not very yellow, they lean towards beige.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The coverage on this is a dream for my extreme dark circles. I wake up looking like a drug addict and refuse to leave the house without concealer. However, it only lasts for less than an hour because of its cheap counterpart petroleum. After that there is no trace that I put any concealer on. Too good to be true I guess :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG, in love. After reading about this on Beautybroadcast . I had to try it. So impressed, I bought 2 tubes at Walmart so I never run out. A dupe ( but even better!!) for Vichy Dermablend, the orginal cover up created for bruises after plastic surgery. Hmm,. let me see, $30 for Vichy vs $8 for Glamoflage. Not a hard choice at all.Especially as it doesnt crease.

Upadte: I now use the flesh coloured pencil that comes with ths as an inner eye corner highlighter and I also use it to line my BOTTOM eye lid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive got to admit this is some good stuff. Ive been pretty disapointed in the WM hard candy products in the past, but last night i decided to pick this up on a whim & turns out its pretty darn good. Good as in BB good but for much less $$. So even though i love BB (and will cont to buy the correcter) im replacing the conc. with HC. Its cheaper & works really good at covering my...everything :) Im NC20/BB Sand & i used this in Light.