October 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I already own tons of concealers, but I'm always on the lookout for "the one". I was excited after watching several videos on youtube all raving about this. For $6, it's a pretty darn good concealer, but for a concealer addict like me, it's just "meh", The coverage is quite good, but it's kind of obvious looking on my skin. The most comparable concealer I own is Make Up For Ever's Full cover concealer in the tube, which is also pretty average, in my opinion. It contains mineral oil, which I wasn't particularly thrilled about, but it gave it a nice slip that lets it spread and blend easily. The lightest color is just 1/2 shade darker than MUFE's lightest shade, which is still too dark for me, unfortunately. The thing that made me return this was the fact that is creases like CRAZY under my eyes, like worse than any other concealer I own. No amount of powder could prevent it from happening. There are way better concealers out there, but if you're looking for a pretty good concealer at a great price, this could be it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sbute

I love this concealer! It covers everything!! It comes with a little pencil that i use on my dark circles when they are bad. It is very creamy but doesn't settle into my fine lines. The medium color is perfect for me. I think it is so much better than any of the Benefit concealers. And it's only $6.00! You get a ton of product and one tiny squeeze covers my whole eye area on one eye plus I bring it down around my nose area. Plus you can't beat the great packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging: Really cute, and I love the squeeze tube. It's easy to get the amount you need. It's also an ENORMOUS tube. It's 0.71 oz, when all my other liquid concealers are a measley 0.18 oz.

Coverage: Great. It's really hard to find concealers with great coverage that aren't the creamy pot or stick kind, and I generally prefer the liquidy kind. It's really refreshing to find a liquidy concealer that has great coverage!

Uses: Anything! I can use just a tiny thin layer under my eyes, and it covers great and doesn't crease when I set it with a powder. It also covers my (really bad) acne and scars, but without looking cakey or gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brittanygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find that I do need a lot in order to cover what I need. I put my green concealer on then foundation then this and it hides my redness and acne scars. I like it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is a good concealer but it's not perfect. I have very very dark blue/ purple circles and I'm always on quest to find the concealer that does it all. When I buy a concealer, I judge it on: 1. Coverage 2. Texture 3.Color 4. Staying Power 5. Finish. I haven't tried KVD's Tattoo concealer to compare this to but Glamoflauge does remind me of TF Absolutely Flawless Concealer. However, I do feel Glamoflauge is better than TF AFC because it is easier to blend/work with, slightly better tones than TF, not as cakey and you can't feel Glamoflauge on your skin like you can with TF.
COVERAGE: This is surprisingly impressive in coverage. I had good cover with one layer around my eye. No other conclear so far that I've tried achieved this coverage in one layer alone.
TEXTURE: Thick but easy to work with. I use my fingers to apply any under eye concealer and I'm amazed of how smooth this goes on.
COLOR: You only get to choose three shades: light, medium or tan. Currently, I'm about NW30 and medium is a good shade. However, the tone is again, too warm and almost orangy :( Because the tone is looks odd on me, I can't just throw on this conealer and head out the door. I need to apply foundation and some powder to blend and sort of mask the color problem. However, this shade medium is far less orangy than TF AFC middle shade called "Perfect Nude". Because the tone isn't perfect, one point off for color selection.
STAYING POWER: Average.
FINISH: This is where Glamoflauge fails. My current favorite concealer is Diorskin Nude Hydrating Concealer. Even though I consider Glamoflauge to have better coverage than Dior, Dior wins hands down in providing a natural, creaseless, hydrating and a non-cakey finish that never ever settles into fine lines. I did a concealer comparison with one eye using Dior and the other using Glamoflauge. With a RBF (resting bi+ch face), Glamoflauge looks better overall. When I smile, Glamoflauge puts every single line around my eye in the spot light and I look years older than I actually am. When smiling w/ Dior, my eye looked soft and smooth. So, one point off for finish.
Overall, I would have to say I like my Dior concealer better. But, don't get me wrong, HC Glamoflauge is an outstanding concealer for coverage and I'm going to have to maybe purchase a more richer under eye moisturizer to soften the finish. I will work with this and update if I can get a better finish. Because concealer is a major role in my life, I'm very picky in reviewing their perfomance. My final rating for this concealer is actually not a 3 but a 3.7.
UPDATE: I really don't like this all that much. It's not even summer/humid and this does not hold up that well, it fades after a few hours. Also, the tone of Medium is just too yellow for me as well. This is going up for swap! Also, the pencil that comes with it is a joke! First of all, it is hard as a rock and very dry. When I put this on, it didn't cover anything and looked patchy. The pencil is very poor quality.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by StephyStapler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a dissapointment. I saw all the good reviews on it, and bought it, and it just wasn't for me. It's too thick, witch I thought was going to be good becasue I have a huge problem with undereye circles. It dosen't conceal all the way, and looks cakey on my eyes, and almost makes it look like I have wrinkles (witch, keep in mind, I am just a teenager. I don't want wrinkles!)

Probebly won't be buying this product again, unless I don't have enough money for any other conealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by DayDreamer223

It's a pretty good concealer, especially for the price! One Con is that there's only three shades, and I get really ran during the summer so I won't be able to use any of them. Besides that, great concealer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This just might be my first HG for concealer!

Every other category of product I've been able to find a line of products that works with my complexion; lipgloss, powder, blush, foundation, etc. But never concealer, I've never found something that's opaque, non-greasy, neutral color selection, long lasting, and at the right price. I've tried powders, creams, liquids and never been happy with them.

This really fits the bill. It's thick, but I don't see what the complaint is. Seriously, liquid-y concealers don't cover anything, though they are easy to spread. I had no problem patting this on with a concealer brush or my finger. It's long lasting and doesn't settle into the lines around my eyes. I really like how it's opaque, but not strongly yellow or pink, neither of which I can convincingly wear.

ETA: I wish I could get this to work for me. The color selection is really limited and neither medium or light really cut it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorse

LOVING THIS!! I found out about it through this wonderful site after finding something to make my makeup last longer. Didn't want to buy yet another foundation so I picked up this gem and so glad I did. Almost freaked out when I was at Wal-mart searching through the disheveled Hard Candy display. Last shade left. I bought the light shade and it matches perfectly with my pale skin. You only need about a pindrop amount and you need to work it in quickly because it dries up very fast. It lasts all day and I need less if any foundation at all. Please don't discontinue!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The dark circles under my eyes are the stuff of nightmares and they've been even worse as of late due to a bout of insomnia and a lack of sunshine. I was very close to pulling the trigger on an HE concealer because my Physician's Formula stuff, while good, was no longer cutting it for me. But after reading reviews of this product (and filled with fond memories of Hard Candy's excellent primer) I decided to give this a go before spending major $$$$ on something else. I am so glad I bought this! While I'm olive complected, I chose the concealer in its lightest shade since I'm so washed out in the winter. It was a bit pale for me, but nothing that couldn't be amended with my powder foundation. The coverage is very creamy and the tiniest drop goes a LONG way. I mean it. You only need a drop the size of a pin. The concealer is excellent for undereye circles, blemishes and the discoloration around my nose. I did find that it settled into lines under my eyes after a time, but that was a failure on my part since I didn't moisturize very well the first time I used it. Today, I applied rose hip oil under my eyes and it has stopped the settling. The only bad point I can think of for this product is that even the lightest shade will be far too dark for a very fair-complected person unless they mix it with something else to lighten it up. I'm curious about whether or not this would also cover tattoos as it claims to do. I have none of my own but it came with a mini concealer pencil as well for just that purpose. For the price, I cannot recommend this product enough (especially since it is cruelty-free as well)!