October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After wearing my HG SFF on and off for four years I've finally found a foundation I'm willing to give up sff for! I wear a nc 50 in most mac foundation and nc 50 works in this one too! Its sheer buildable coverage last all day! My t zone is very oily so shine does break through but after 6 or 7 hours as oppose to 2 or 3 with sff. Even when I do blot its more outta of habit then need! I agree with you ladies possibly MAC best foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by abcd989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The search is over! I logged onto MUA yesterday to review a moisturiser, and come accross this foundation.... I have been hunting high and low to get a dupe for my beloved Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation and concealer, as that comes in the most rubbish colours, I find I have to mix up 3 different colours to get my match, which as you can imagine becomes very pricey and time consuming, and with 2 young children I could do without that! And for reference, I hated the studio fix fluid.

So reading all your reviews, I just HAD to get it. I was sooo looking forward to putting this on thismorning, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as my DW, surely nothing could do a better job than that...... WRONG! It's a very strange foundation to describe, in the way that it goes on very sheer, it's buildable, and has a full coverage but without looking like you have a mask on. I bought NC25, and NC20 concealer, which must I say is a PERFECT match for me! I have had it on now for 6 hours, and it hasn't fallen into any of my lines under my eyes, which is my major concern with any make-up product. Yes, you can still see them, but the make-up has dried on the skin above the wrinkles, and not inside them (if that makes sense). An even better job than DW! I can run my finger accross my face and no product comes off.... Yes it does grab your dry patches, but you just have to take care of those before putting on your foundation, and to be honest, we are not going to find a foundation that stays put like this for so long, without it being slightly drying... agreed?

The finish for me is matt.... Very slight satin, and the colour is exactly the same as when I applied it thismorning, and if anything, it looks better as the day goes on as some of your own oils shine through, but without the foundation slipping off. Amazing.

I am sooo happy with my purchases I can't tell you! Do I recommend these products..... Yes! And it isn't stupidly expensive either, which just makes it even more appealing! But to be honest, I'd pay Estee Lauder prices for these any day of the week. Oh well Doublewear, looks like the love affair is over!

Good job MAC! xx

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovemu88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does what it is meant to do. The only thing I realize is you have to blend this really fast or else it will dry so fast it will be hard to blend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does last pretty well for a while. Lots of color choices. Medium to full coverage. Those who don't like to contaminate foundation with fingers will like that this comes in a pump. SPF. I like it applied lightly for more sheer coverage, so this could last forever cause a little goes a long, long way.

CONS: Bad in my big pores. Not good for dry patches (definitely need moisturizer first.) If you're looking for sheer and buildable, not so much. It is hard to blend...dries very fast. Oxidizes a little orangey on me.

ALTERNATES: For something very similar to this, you can see my review for Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation. For something better in big pores and wrinkles, L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good. For H/E and dewy (not as long-lasting as this, for sure), I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're concerned about this settling in pores, you can pat L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base into pores first (and make sure to let it "set" for at least a minute)..

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I strolled into my neighborhood MAC store after I got the email that this had launched. I was really excited to have something promising to last all day. I had my makeup done when I went into the store and the makeup artist used this, along with the pro longwear concealer (which is fantastic) and my skin looked very natural, great color selection. However, upon closer examination, I thought it looked almost unnatural and kind of drying around my lips and nose. It felt pretty nice, not really oily or anything and I can't say how long it actually lasts because within two hours I had washed my face. I did end up buying it but I returned it the next day.

I bought the concealer too which is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It blends like a dream and stays put. The concealer and the foundation together though, for me, was wayyy too much. I use the concealer only where I truly need it (if i have a blemish, and undereyes) and then put my Studio Fix on top of it.

This would be great for someone looking for total coverage.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cjeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Though this foundation has really good staying power, the overall look of the foundation is way too heavy. It dries cakey on my normal to dry skin and it just doesn't look natural. I returned this product and lowered the rating to a 3.

This is by far the best foundation I've used that actually works with my skin. I am highly allergic to chemical sunscreens (octinoxate, oxybenzone, and etc) so I can't use any of the other liquid foundations by MAC to compare this to. However, comparing this to my Lancome teint idole ultra and Chanel mat lumiere, this foundation is definitely a winner. This foundation isn't dewy nor matte, but gives you a nice subtle glow. I'm glad I do not have to spend over 35 for a decent foundation!

Thank you MAC for finally making a medium to full coverage liquid foundation without the chemical sunscreens!! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

Best foundation I have ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lmbernabe

I have been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for 3+ years now and since I have bought this foundation a week ago, my fix fluid hasn't even seen the light of day!! I am in love with this foundation! I love the finish it gives to my combination skin. I probably would not recommend this to people with dry skin because it may make your skin appear more dry. Also, the staying power is amazing! At the end of a 10 hour school day, it looked almost the same as when I first put it on (except for my T-zone area where I tend to get naturally oily throughout the day). I also like the fact that it comes with a pump for easier application. The studio fix fluid did not so I had to pay extra for a separate pump. One negative is that the colors are a little wonky so it might be best to be color tested in-store. If you would like to see photos of the finish, Temptalia has some great photos that pretty much won me over into buying it for myself:) http://www.temptalia.com/mac-pro-longwear-spf-10-foundation-review-photos-swatches

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by CHRISTIE09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great foundation! Blends easily and it looks really natural against my skin (yellow undertones). I like a light-medium coverage and this is definitely buildable! But when it dries, it does kind of feel like a mask but i set it with a translucent powder and it looks so great! Truly recommends this as it does remind me of Revlon Colorstay!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mom2zo

I really feel sad that I can't use this foundation. It's a great foundation! Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. I have these tiny little pimples popping up around my face, even my forehead, and i never get breakouts on my forehead. It's a great foundation....it stays put like it says, it goes on smoothly, and it's not a flat matte foundation. I wore it yesterday for 12 hours, and only blotted once in the afternoon. I have to say the coloring system is a bit off...I actually had to go from an NC to an NW just to get the right shade, and I've always been an NC, but that just means you should be color matched the first time around at a counter. I am so disappointed, but I've worked too hard to get my skin clear, and I have my first glycolic peel on Friday, I really can't have this breaking me out. :(