July 22, 2014 | 1301 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!!!! I love this foundation!! Its a bit like Double wear, but with a better range of colors. And it doesn't settle into fine lines like DW does. If anything, my face has a 'sheen' to it. It really does last all day too. I bought it at the weekend, but decided to review it after a day at work, as I don't have any time to do anything to my face during the day, and I have to say....I look the same as when I left the house this morning....well apart from having no lippy left, lol. Love it!

I found that you only need a small amount of foundation....this stuff is more like full cover! Comes with a pump too, so no need to buy one :-)

Definately my HG now. MAC....can't believe it took you this long!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at my local Macy's MAC counter. I use MAC Studio Fix Powder in C7 and MSFN in Deep, both are powders, but sometimes I want to be a little more "made up" or cover a blemish. I tried and loved Studio Fix liquid, but I'm one of the people that is in between NC45 and NC50. However, NC50 in ProLongWear seems to be an excellent match.

Pros: I love that the bottle comes with a built in pump; it applies a little like Revlon Colorstay, but it is thicker and not as matte; it covers but is not heavy and the coverage is buildable; I applied at 9AM and only had to touch up once around 6PM and only because I wanted to. It removes easily and felt lightweight on my skin.

Cons: I don't have any right now. I've only used once. I plan to update my review after a few more uses.

9/23: Ok. I've used the Pro longwear a few more times and it's ok. the more I use it the more it reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. I cant see paying 29.50 for what I can get for 8.99 plus I have a perfect color match in CS sooooo.....decison made. I'm sticking with CS

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely one of my favorites! Most MAC foundations I do not like except for Studio Fix powder. Pro Longwear is easily now one of my favorite foundations. It meets almost every single trait of a good foundation I have for my skin: long-wearing, light to medium coverage (I hate full coverage), non-oily, doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask, doesn't break me out (I do use an oil-based makeup remover every night though), doesn't settle into lines & pores, and it also actually controls my oil somewhat! I can apply with my fingers, but I have found it's best to use a brush; I use my e.l.f. Studio Powder brush to stipple & blend perfectly.

My only one gripe is the color selection; NC25 is good but is slightly light, but NC30 is too orange. I would love to see this foundation formulated in more colors, especially the Cs because those are best for my Asian skintone (I use C30 in Studio Fix). I think if that happened, it would seriously be the perfect foundation for normal to oily skin. I recommend people at least give this foundation a try, it might surprise you.

EDIT: As much as this foundation has good things about it, the color choices are limited in comparison to MAC's other foundations. NC25 was the best color, but still wasn't what I was looking for exactly. I've since moved to trying Dior foundations in 021 Linen, which is a very good match for my skin tone. Still recommend giving MAC Pro Longwear a try though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by missm88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well, I hate to be the one to spoil all the great reviews... BUT
it is breaking me out after three days of wear. I noticed when I washed my face after day 1, that I still had traces of foundation on my face. So, I used jojoba oil to help dissolve it, and re-washed. Note, I use jojoba oil several times a week as a nighttime moisturizer, so I know that didn't cause the breakout.

What I DO love about this foundation - the pump is EXCELLENT. dispenses the perfect amount of product and is clean. I love the color - true to my NC20. I love the blendability and the staying power. I do get oily after several hours (9+) but that is pretty normal for me.

I will keep this as an occasional use foundation, when I need a little more coverage than MAC F&B, or if I'm going out. Otherwise, I probably won't repurchase.

LOVE the concealer however...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. My face looks flawless. Love the pump!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so not a MAC girl, but I do love this product.
I went to the MAC store and a sales girl applied it to my face, set it with powder and it looked amazing. So smooth and not cakey or anything like that.
After that I ran around town all day and didn't have much time to put on new makeup before going out that night. What can I say? It stayed put like crazy. I didn't even have to blot which I always have to usually. It's amazing.
Unfortunately the shade is a tad bit too light for me, but I give it one more month of no sun and my skin will be just like that.
I appreciate the pump very much, although I think it feels and looks a bit cheap.
I'm also not crazy about the smell of the foundation and the price is quite high here in Europe.
But I can deal with those things to get a great result on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by RhondaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE the pump, it's like the Liquid mineralized foundation (I think thats what it was?)
Loyal to MAC Full coverage foundation until about a year ago and my skin started getting really oily. NW25. Switched to RCS, good coverage but took too long to dry. Then I switched to ELDW. Like it a lot except not crazy about the color choice....Tawny which is 3w I think, doesn't turn orange, but shows pores light crazy. I am always the coloring that is in between shades offered, so I either have to mix or live with it.
This is only my second day but Longwear is a really good foundation. FeeIs a little tacky until I set it with a tiny, tiny, bit of powder, I even sit in front of a fan to speed up the drying process. I also purchased the concealer as well. Concealer in NW25 and foundation in NC30. I felt like the coloring was very different from previous mac colors. I have a ton of skin issues to cover and thorough testing in the store is not feasible. I think the NC30 may be a titch too dark, but I am always in between and going lighter generally won't give the coverage I need.
I live with 3 men and they are not a good judge, so I'll run by the mac store tomorrow after work & see what they think.

I REALLY like it so far. Looks dewy not oily. Our weather is starting to change to fall here, but Tuesday - Wednesday back up into the 90s. I am going to a concert Tuesday night and wont be able to fresh'n up prior to so that will be a good day to judge. I'll keep you posted.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by klcantwait

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily, acne-prone skin with an uneven texture and hyperpigmentation. It's gotten alot better with retinoids but it's far from perfect. For my skin, this foundation is kinda sheer. I kept trying to build up the coverage (3 layers) but I could still see my hyperpigmentation through the foundation. I was contemplating adding more layers (which I might try later) but I thought to myself, "it's just a pain to add more than 4 layers of foundation daily to cover my imperfections nicely". Previously, I was using MUFE HD or Shu Face Architect cream which really covered my hyperpigmentation with one pea size amount. I use a damp sponge to apply my foundation and this method has worked very well for my other foundations. But using a damp sponge with this foundation still kinda accentuated my uneven texture. I remedied the coverage and uneven texture issues by applying my La Prairie powder foundation over this foundation.

But now onto the good parts!!! This foundation feels light, has great oil control, and really does last (I wore it for 10 hours). And I think it made my makeup look more natural as the day wore on; my oil broke though a little but it looked more like a glow rather than a greasy mess. The reason I wasn't in love with the prior 2 foundations I mentioned is because they didn't have lasting power and my face would look greasy/ugly cakey within 2-3 hours. And I'm a realllllll oil slick who has tried so many mattifying solutions... i hate it soooo much!!

I've always been an NC35 in MAC and the color was still the same to me (I have a medium/tan complexion with yellow undertones). And I didn't get little pimples after taking this foundation off which is a good sign but I'll update this review if I do actually break out.

All in all, I think this foundation is a great base for my powder foundation but I don't think it's the kind of foundation where I can just slap it on quickly and go about my day... well for my skin anyway. Maybe if I applied a concealer under or my hyperpigmentation really goes away. The foundation is still new for me so again, I'll update if I found a way for it to be totally perfect for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where has this been my whole life! I love this foundation, it has a glowy satiny finish that lasts all day without a primer. It comes off alittle sheer when applying it but sets to med coverage...that can be full coverage when set with powder. It has also helped my natural complexion look brighter and healthier, when I take it off. It tends to dry quickly, so I do one pump at a time and spray my 188 brush with fix+ and apply. I use less and it gives me more blendability.

For refrence I'm NC25 with normal to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by umie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMO, this is the best MAC foundation and concealer texture wise hands down . It feels like a 100%better version of Revlon Colorstay. It's not liquidy or too cakey or too mat. The finish is velvety. You can build the coverage to your liking. It will leave your skin only when you'll decide, which means that their longwear claim is 100% true. And yes it gives you a subtle glow without you looking greasy. The texture is not overly mat. It is really natural and beautiful on the skin. If you have have dry skin, it is not for you. Yes it does not transfer (now no make-up on my phones, papers at work, hubby's shirts, etc). I looked good after NYC heavy rains and my workouts.

Now colorwise, they really need to add some colors. They have less colors than their other lines. The NCs are not yellow enough IMO (they look more pinkish on my skin). The colors look slightly different from the regular MAC foundations. The NWs are redder (but lightly lighter)... well on my skin.

But if the colors work for you well I doubt you'll look back or look for something else. They did a great job on this one though.

More info:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok colorwise),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match. It is as if it was custom made. It has the right dose/amount of yellow I can't find in any other high brand. It looks as if I have nothing on.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No