April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for over 3 months now and really feel there is a difference. This tool does cleanse well or perhaps helps the cleanser I use (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming on recommendation from Derm.) be more effective. Skin feels smoother, tone is more even and fine lines are diminished.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ltbookt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a week, so it's too soon for me to do a fair review. However, for those who are looking for a sale price, www.skinstore.com is having a 20% off sale. No tax, no shipping. I got mine in 2 days. I'll update the review after I've used my Mia for a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by nishab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I'VE SPENT HUNDRENDS OF $$ ON SKIN CARE PRODUCTS.. SINCE A TEEN I HAD BREAKOUT AND THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED ON MY SKIN WAS PROACTIVE, NOW THAT PROACTIVE CHANGED SOME WHAT THEIR INGREDIENTS,ITS NOT AS EFFECTIVE SO I STOP.. BUT NOW I USE DDF GLYCOLIC ACID FACE WASH 5% WITH MY MIA AND OMG... THE GYLCOLIC ALONE DOES WONDERS BUT USE IT WITH CLARISONIC BRUSH YOUR SKIN WILL GLOW... YOU CAN BUT IT AT SEPHORA (DDF PRODUCTS)....THERE TWO PRODUCTS ARE A LITTLE PRICEY, BUT WORTH EVERY CENT!

UPDATE 7/4/2010

I TOOK MY CLARISONIC (MIA) BACK'
I WAS WATCHING YOUTUBE AND I SEEN A YOUNG LADY USE A MECHANICAL TOOTHBRUSH TO EXFOLIATE HER FACE.... SO I WENT TO TARGET AND GOT ONE COST $ 6.00 AND I USED IT WORKS JUST AS WELL AS THE MIA. AND COST LESS TOO. AND REALLY WORKS WELL AROUND YOUR NOSE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I've literally only had this for two days but i'm already in love. If anything changes, i'll update :) After using this the first time I could already tell a difference in my skin. It looked polish, and bright. My skin which normally doesn't feel extremely smooth, felt amazing like babies skin. I use this with the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser and I moisturize with Clinique Dramatically Different Gel. I couldn't be happier, and think that price is well worth it. Just think you won't be wasting money on new skin care items cause this makes your cleansers work better. Not to mention you use less cause the Clarisonic will make lather on it's on. This came with a cleanser but I haven't tried it yet, I think i'm going to take it on vacation with me since it's size is perfect for carry-on limits. I got this in pink from Sephora, and it said the proceeds go to breast cancer research which is an even better reason for purchasing. I definitely recommend it for anyone! I've had horrible skin for the longest time and I can already tell my skin is changing for the better. I also use the sensitive heads that come with this, replacements are $25 but Sephora has a offer where you get two heads for $40, so you save $10.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

EDIT/ UPDATE: It has been about 3 months since I started using Clarisonic so I feel like I can do a true review now.
First off, when I first got it, I used it everyday once a day @ night time. Now that I have been using this for a while and now that the weather is starting to get colder and dryer, I use this every other day at night time. I have sensitive dry/ combo skin so I feel like I want to retain some natural moisture and dont want to strip my skin of it's natural oil. I still enjoy using this very much, it removes ALL my make up that my oil cleanser leaves behind (I cleanse with an oil cleanser first and then a foaming cleaner to get everything off), so it's dirt and makeup removing power is definitely awesome. As for improvement in my skin's texture and feel, I honestly can't say I see too much of a difference. I have pretty good skin to start with and it hasnt done any miracles for my skin. When I examine my skin w/o any make up on, it's pretty even while I still have dark circles (which is pretty universal and something clarisonic cant do anything about since you dont use it around ur eyes anyways).
My personal verdict for this is that it's nice to have (actually it's REALLY nice to have) since using this makes you feel super clean and radiant, but now 100% necessary since it does what any good exfoliator would do for your skin. I'm still really happy that I got it and enjoy using this. If i lost mine or if it breaks, i would probably buy it again. BUT if you are expecting to see miracles, I'm not sure this would deliver.

After dealing with unexpected breakouts and after trying so many different moisturizers, cleansers, and toners I decided it's time to invest in a clarisonic. Actually my roommate raved about it and said she gets a super deep clean out of this and her products like moisturizer and toner get absorbed into her skin better and can work to their full strength. Anyways. I got mine from derma doctor as I couldn't find this in any Canadian sephora. I'm in week one of using this and so far I love it. My skin is soft and squeaky clean without feeling super tight or overworked. Just rally clean and soft. I love using this so far. I will update again in about 3 months. And up it to 5 lippies if my skin looks better then. I think it's too soon to tell right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

2013 edit - I have stopped using this because I prefer using glycolic acid and other physical scrubs. Over time this brush became a very expensive unnecessary tool for me. It's just a personal preference that I choose to simplify.

I have the fullsize version but I love this for travel. It really helps your facewash work, most of us are very lazy and worried about touching our trouble zones. With this I never have to worry about the consistency of how I wash my face. Works wonderful. Considering how much we spend on makeup and other skincare, the price isn't bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have purposely put off writing this review for several months, since I wanted to give this pricey gadget a while to work properly. And boy does it ever! I got the Mia since it was the least expensive option that had worldwide voltage. I use this twice a day (once on days that I exfoliate) and I believe it is responsible for reducing my pimples to near-nothingness. My TOM now passes with one or two tiny zits instead of a half-dozen monsters. I use it with any homemade soap and it works a treat. I just changed the brush after three months of use. Absolutely 100% worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perhaps this review is a little premature since I just started using it yesterday but so far, I love it. Immediately after using it i could instantly feel how soft my skin felt. i had debated buying this for about 3 years, but so far I'm very happy with it. can't wait to see the long term results. the sound it makes is just right.
edit: while i still love the brush, it still makes my skin feel amazing. it hasn't completely changed it. i've been using it for about a month now and while i love the way it makes my skin feel, it hasn't really changed the overall appearance of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by fboccalari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hereís my review of the Clarisonic Mia. So far, I love it! I bought it from their online shop, and I got the pink Mia with the free engraving, and I use it with the delicate (the blue one) brush for very delicate skin. Iíve been using it for 2 weeks, once a day in the evening for 1 minute. At first I charged it for 24 hours, then I could use it. It came with their cleanser but I donít use it because it clogs pores, since it contains algae extract which is comedogenic. I use it with La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser which is a great product for sensitive skin like mine. I have sensitive skin that becomes red so easily and itís combination with a few pimples and some blackheads in the nose area. I remove my eye and face makeup before using the Clarisonic, and after the Clarisonic I use Avene Hydrance Optimale Riche, a very good moisturizing cream. I think that once a day is enough for me and I also think that itís very important to moisturize the skin after using the Clarisonic if you have sensitive skin. I always disinfect the brush before every use, and I think thatís why I did not break out, which I was very afraid of. These are my results: very clean skin, fewer pimples and they go away a lot faster, more even looking skin, clearer skin, very soft skin, less redness, cleaner pores, creams absorb much better. I donít know if it works on the fine lines because I donít have them yet luckily. My advice if you wanna have good results is: always disinfect the brush before using it, use non comedogenic cleansers and creams if you have pimples, remove face makeup before using the Clarisonic, use it only once a day and with the sensitive or even the delicate brush if you have delicate skin. I know itís an expensive tool but itís really like getting a facial every day, I love it, and itís important to take good care of our skin. If you cannot afford it I recommend the Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush, it works very well with foaming cleansers.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical of investing in this despite the good reviews - after all, wouldn't it be just like using a glorified electric toothbrush on your face? But the raves here, a looming wedding, and a 20% discount at skinstore.com made it too tempting for me to pass up. (I'm happy it comes in yellow, which is my favorite color!) While I don't get any whiteheads or cysts (thanks to a combo of Yaz, Tazorac, DDF Glycolic Toner and a salicylic acid cleanser), I still struggle with a few blackheads, extreme oiliness and pores so big and deep they rival the moon's craters, not to mention all the fine lines that seem to get less fine and more pronounced every second. I heard the Clarisonic could help with all of these issues, and I'm elated that it actually delivered. I've been using it twice a day for a month and my pores definitely look to be a smidge smaller, oiliness decreased by about 10%, and overall my skin is much smoother and more refined. Plus I love how clean my skin feels after using it. So while my skin doesn't look dramatically different, it's definitely improved. Given how so many products don't do anything for my skin I'm happy with the results, however small they are. Note: not only is my skin oily, it's also like iron - you could probably take a power sander to it and nothing would happen. If you have the same skin I'd recommend using swapping out the sensitive brush head that the Mia comes with and using the normal one instead, along with a salicylic or glycolic acid cleanser rather than the Clarisonic one. If, however, your skin is normal or sensitive, definitely use the sensitive brush head and only use the Mia once a day, at least to start with.