BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 7/26/2008 4:29:00 PM

As someone with pretty fair skin, I was a bit afraid to try Hoola. It's a matte brown and looks like clay in the box. But with a light touch of the right brush (not the one that comes with it!), this is a fantastic product. Lasts forever and ever.

on 7/24/2008 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful bronzer! love it!!! perfect tone - not at all orange! great for highlighting when your skin is darker and all over for the winter! and the best part - it lasts forever!! just don't use the brush it comes with or you'll definitely get streaks....

on 7/23/2008 3:13:00 AM

The bronzer is Ok,but a little hard to blend. the color is a little darker for me, i am nw 25, the good part of the color is it doesn't have any shimmer, it isn't too orange, either. the brush sucks. I prefer bronzer by stila.overall, this is an ok product, also pricy

on 7/15/2008 10:13:00 AM

Hoola is the best contour bronzer out there. No shimmer, no red, no orange, just a flat matte brown bronzer. I use it with either benetint, posietint, or some other brightening blush so it is extremely adaptable. If you just want to give contour, like on the nose, it is perfect.
*** no edit****
Parabens, parabens, parabens lots of it. Won't use now.

on 7/15/2008 3:17:00 AM

I remember having my eye on HOOLA for about a year before i finally bought it. and that was 2 years ago. i STILL have it and i have bare made a dent. fave bronzer ever. i use about 4 times a week. totally natural. love it.

on 7/9/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i absolutely adore HOOLA! i can honestly say that i'll probably use this indefinitely without ever even testing another bronzer unless something really hyped comes out, but even then i doubt i'd buy it. HOOLA is the perfect color and texture; there is not a hint of orange in it, and it's also not so brown that it looks muddy, which can happen so easily with a lot of bronzers. for my NC20 skin, HOOLA gives me an entirely believable sun-kissed look, and it never looks like 'bronzer'. the texture is super, super finely milled and just melts right into your skin, and it never looks powdery or accentuates pores or dry spots like so many powders can. i think that using a good brush is crucial in getting a perfect application, and i use the Posh Purse Powder brush which is super dense and amazingly soft! this spreads the bronzer in a thin layer and blends it wonderfully, which is very important. i brush HOOLA onto my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks, and then use what's left on my brush to blend around on the rest of my face. HOOLA also looks *perfect* used on the shoulders, chest, and neck for some very natural looking color. it stays on until i wash my face, doesn't rub off on the straps of my tank top (when used on shoulders), and comes off easily with soap and water. the price is ouch-worthy, but this little box of bronzer will easily last you 2+ years used everyday. a great purchase, HOOLA definitely earns a permanent place in my beauty arsenal. **EDIT** just an afterthought, when i'm going out at night and i use HOOLA, i like to take a shimmery bronzer (i use MAC's MSF in Warmed) and apply it over top of the HOOLA on my cheekbones and up to my temples, down the center of my nose, and lightly on my chin. it looks so gorgeous and gives you this really pretty, subtle, naturally tan/bronzed gleam thing! gorgeous!!!

on 7/9/2008 11:35:00 AM

PACKAGING: Hoola comes in a cardboard box which is purple in colour. It looks somewhat small in size, but don't let that decieve you. The box is prone to some wear and tear as the months go by, but it is suprisingly sturdy.

PRICE: 22.50, although you might be able to blag yourself a slightly cheaper one off ebay. 22.50 is ridiculously expensive for a bronzer, but in the longrun it works out a good deal because the bronzer lasts for centuries.

FEATURES: Comes with a small brush which is apparently made of goat hair. I personally don't find the brush all that useful as it can make you look abit too overloaded in bronzer, but I use it on certain occasions when my regular kabuki brush is drying and it still does a good job. The bronzer itself is brown matte with no shimmer.

RESULTS: It enhances my natural complexion (olive) and makes me look browner. It looks completely natural because it has no shimmer in it, or hints of orange. It doesn't go on patchy and it's long lasting so I don't have to do any touch ups throughout the day. It doesn't make me break out or clog my pores. I think this would be a great bronzer for contouring, but me personally, I use it all over my face because it works well with my skin colour. Sometimes I even use it as an eyeshadow colour.

VERDICT: Definately my HG bronzer. No other bronzer I have tried looks as natural and gorgeous as this one (trust me, I have tried every bronzer on the planet). I would repurchase but it won't be for a while because 1 box lasts me about 2-3 years. Great bronzer which I will never stray from.

on 7/5/2008 12:40:00 PM

I use this bronzer for contouring only.Matte bronzer would be better than shimmering one.
The color is nice,not too orange nor too dark.Difficult to find suitable color.
I hate the cardboard packaging,and the brush included is not "GOOD" enough(I don't expect it to be perfect) to apply product,easily to make harsh lines.
Will repurchase unless I find something better.
EDIT:The brush included can do well when I use light hand~~~
2nd Edit:Won't repurchase cause I have already found something better:) And I always believe I can find something better~~

on 7/3/2008 7:53:00 PM

holy mackerel this looked bad on me. you've got to be half way tan already to pull it off, i think. i'm really fair, so it just looked ridiculous. it had NO sparkle in it, so it just kind of sat on my skin like i'd tried to rub clay into it or something.

on 6/29/2008 10:49:00 AM

I've had this product for probably about 2 yrs now, and I have to admit it was neglected for a good length of that time.
Reason being is that I got scared off by how dark it made me! Mind you I used that crappy little brush it came with (throw it out!) and I applied it with a heavy hand, and the result was blotchy and muddy. All around, not a good look.
Soon after I purchased my all time fave Guerlain Terracotta, and I forgot all about Hoola.

A few months ago though, I decided to give it another try... this time armed with a quality bronzing brush that's super soft and allows for a light application. WOW. I absolutely love this stuff! I can't believe I let it sit there for so long collecting dust. The colour is great, not in the least orange or sparkly-- which is very rare in a bronzer these days unfortunately. It gives me a perfect "tanned" look, and ppl always comment on it and tell me how great it looks. And real. I'm pretty fair (NW20) so a light application is key, and I end up with the perfect bronzed glow.

This stuff looks like it will last me for a long time to come, but I will definitely re-purchase when it runs out.
The packaging is cute, and it's good quality, tho I think I'd prefer it in a regular compact. Overall, GREAT product, don't get scared away by how dark it looks in the box, or how disastrous your first application might be with that useless brush it comes with. Keep at it, and you will love this stuff in the end.

Popular Bronzers