December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS BRONZER! The best bronzer i have EVER used! And i've tried so many. It's a perfect/realistic brown color...no nasty weird orange. Really compliments my complexion. No shimmer what so ever which i like (id rather use a seperate illuminizer or somethin' to get shimmer). I can layer it and it won't get guncky or dirty looking. I use this stuff everyday (HG status right here). The packaging is soooo cute and i actually use the little brush that comes with it every once in a while. Love it* will continue to buy as long as it's around (forever i hope).

UPDATE:: I have strayed a couple of times but this bronzer is an A-lister all the way. It is just PERFECT!!! Run and get this ladies!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

This is a great daytime bronzer for me because unlike other bronzers, it doesn't have shimmer. Makes my skin look nice and healthy. I find the brush included quite easy to use. For nighttime, I'd prefer a shimmery bronzer like Laura Mercier's Golden Mosaic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while ago and ditched it in favor of Mac bronzing powder in golden. However, after doing a clear out, I rediscovered it and decided to give it a whirl. This is not the type of bronzer that you can use on your cheeks like a blusher. It make them look muddy. I find the best thing to do with this, is use big brush (i use mac 150, and it fits in the box fine) pat off the excess and sweep lightly all over the face. If you do it this way, you'll end up with a subtle hint of color. I actually quite like the box, I know there isn't a mirror in it or anything, but its a bit different to other make-up packaging. Overall, I'd buy this again but I do think its a bit on the pricey side (like most Benefit stuff) :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 3:40:00 AM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just did not work at all. I must have been out of my mind when I bought this.

It was too dark and too matte for my skin, which is fair. It also didn't blend at all. No matter how light a hand I used, it looked like I had just rubbed my face in dirt.

On the upside: I love Benefit's packaging. Also, the brush it comes with is actually useable, which is a rarity, even with more expensive products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

I bought this because I tried my friend's and I was looking for a bronzer and I liked it when I tried it. It's good for oily skin because it doesn't have the added shimmer and my skin gives a natural shimmer later on. I have naturally tan skin and this looks good on tan skin, but in the winter I've gotten paler and now it doesn't look as natural; it actually makes my skin look muddy and uneven! The packaging while cute it annoying since I don't like the brush that it comes with and the deep box which makes application a bit annoying. Also, is it just me and the one I got, but I really don't like the smell of the bronzer or the cardboard or whatever the heck it is. It smells bad. I'm not going to repurchase because it's a bit pricey for what it is and it smells horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by dlkarp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love the whole idea of hoola and the colour in the pan is the perfect bronze. However, my skin is way too fair to just apply it like I would dandelion. However, I can get it to work if I take a large blusher brush and tap off a lot of the excess powder and dust lightly on my cheeks.Its a nice bronze because its not orangy like so many other bronzers are. This one is a browny, glowy one and it can work with lighter skin tones, just be really careful and apply it in natural light. Also, I would recommend ditching the brush that it comes with as it gives a streaky look.

**edit**OOOO So I tried this lightly with dandelion on top and I love love love!!!Made my fair skin look so healthy!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

I was hoping this would be the bronzer I was looking for, but unfortunately, on my fair skin, it does look abit much. I had fake tan on last week, and i made the mistake of putting it on after moon beam, so it clung to it, and it did look a tad too dark, but it seemed to blend in so maybe i just wasnt used to seeing myself look so dark. I will probably use it more, and may take the advice of mixing it with dandelion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm Medium tone skin:
I like this product, it gives you a nice tan look, Sometimes it can be too dark or not shimmery so if you mix it with Dandelion its much better, mixing with Georgia just gives a shimmer but doesn't dilute the darkness as well as dandelion.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again, is that it really really really Last Forever! so there's not an opporunity to buy it again, Also I dont use it often, only on days when i want that extra glow.

I dont know if it'll lead to clogged pores to contribute to breakouts. I have acne-prone skin so I can never tell if its due to this or just me.
I'd recommend getting the "palletes" so it'll be a smaller sample size and you'll get more items, like eye shadow and lip color with it. The box by itself really will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by elliepoppet

I have no doubt that this looks beautiful on some people, its got no shimmer, is a lovely colour and texture, but no matter how lightly I apply and blend - it looks unnatural on my fair skin. give it a try if your skin isnt fair! Im sure you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by cluelesswonder

I am a huge fan of Hoola, I've actually been using it for a couple of years now. I've constantly tried to find a cheaper alternative but the colour is unbelievably beautiful, there is no orangey pigment its just pure beautiful bronze. As much as I would love to save cash I can't live without this product.