November 28, 2014 | 1902 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

I bought this because I tried my friend's and I was looking for a bronzer and I liked it when I tried it. It's good for oily skin because it doesn't have the added shimmer and my skin gives a natural shimmer later on. I have naturally tan skin and this looks good on tan skin, but in the winter I've gotten paler and now it doesn't look as natural; it actually makes my skin look muddy and uneven! The packaging while cute it annoying since I don't like the brush that it comes with and the deep box which makes application a bit annoying. Also, is it just me and the one I got, but I really don't like the smell of the bronzer or the cardboard or whatever the heck it is. It smells bad. I'm not going to repurchase because it's a bit pricey for what it is and it smells horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by dlkarp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love the whole idea of hoola and the colour in the pan is the perfect bronze. However, my skin is way too fair to just apply it like I would dandelion. However, I can get it to work if I take a large blusher brush and tap off a lot of the excess powder and dust lightly on my cheeks.Its a nice bronze because its not orangy like so many other bronzers are. This one is a browny, glowy one and it can work with lighter skin tones, just be really careful and apply it in natural light. Also, I would recommend ditching the brush that it comes with as it gives a streaky look.

**edit**OOOO So I tried this lightly with dandelion on top and I love love love!!!Made my fair skin look so healthy!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

I was hoping this would be the bronzer I was looking for, but unfortunately, on my fair skin, it does look abit much. I had fake tan on last week, and i made the mistake of putting it on after moon beam, so it clung to it, and it did look a tad too dark, but it seemed to blend in so maybe i just wasnt used to seeing myself look so dark. I will probably use it more, and may take the advice of mixing it with dandelion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm Medium tone skin:
I like this product, it gives you a nice tan look, Sometimes it can be too dark or not shimmery so if you mix it with Dandelion its much better, mixing with Georgia just gives a shimmer but doesn't dilute the darkness as well as dandelion.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again, is that it really really really Last Forever! so there's not an opporunity to buy it again, Also I dont use it often, only on days when i want that extra glow.

I dont know if it'll lead to clogged pores to contribute to breakouts. I have acne-prone skin so I can never tell if its due to this or just me.
I'd recommend getting the "palletes" so it'll be a smaller sample size and you'll get more items, like eye shadow and lip color with it. The box by itself really will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by elliepoppet

I have no doubt that this looks beautiful on some people, its got no shimmer, is a lovely colour and texture, but no matter how lightly I apply and blend - it looks unnatural on my fair skin. give it a try if your skin isnt fair! Im sure you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by cluelesswonder

I am a huge fan of Hoola, I've actually been using it for a couple of years now. I've constantly tried to find a cheaper alternative but the colour is unbelievably beautiful, there is no orangey pigment its just pure beautiful bronze. As much as I would love to save cash I can't live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by CHALQUEENT

I am very pale and look like death if I dont have some color on.I have tried every bronzer there is out there and settled with estee lauder bronze goddess and one day I saw my friend and she was just glowing she looked sooo beautiful and asked her what she had one and she told me hoola , we went out and bought it because I was in love with and it was my first Benefit product and have probably around 20 of their products since then, they are great products and fun packaging too. I feel like a celebirty when I have hoola on with my other Benefit products.I use a big fluffy brush to apply instead of the little one they give you because a little really goes a long way with my Dallas blush to go over it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by laurenb80

I love Benefit simply bc of the names and packaging, so girly and cute! This is a really good bronzer, but with my fair complexion, unless I'm pretty tan, I have to have a very light hand with it...it requires a big fluffy brush. But it lasts a long time and is not orangey. Yipee.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Fistik

Amazing, amazing, amazing bronzer.

I never thought I would come accross you, perfect-bronzer-without-shimmer-that-actually-doesn't-turn-orange-on-my-face-by-midday.

And omg @ how it makes my cheekbones pop!

*love struck sigh*

OH and btw - I am currently on the prowl for a very pale pink but highly pigmented blush that I could pair this up with. Please do have a look at my pics and MUA-mail me a recommendation, I will luuurve you forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I am pretty sure I have tried every bronzer created. I was on a quest for the perfect one, since I have dark hair and eyes I look like a zombie if I don't have some color on my cheeks. Honestly, this is my favorite--you just have to apply it lightly. I have used expensive ones (everything from Armani and Nars) to drugstore brands, and this is my number one. I use a japanesque brush and apply it up my cheekbones and on my forehead. I love that it is a matte formula (sparkles make me feel too much like a showgirl). If you have my same color combination, I really recommend this.