Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/24/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Eye liner & eye shadow does not budge or crease. This is a great primer, but isn't that strong on the under eye for concealer or eye liner. However, I still love it! <3

on 6/20/2010 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this a few days ago and I've only used it once so far, but I love it! Much prefer it to Urban Decay's Primer, the packaging is better and easier to apply, and a little goes a long way.
I hate to compare to UD's, but I feel that this leaves my lid looking more matte, since they are very oily, and UD's would not remove the streak of oil at all.
Holds the shadow pretty good, I don't know yet for how long it stays or if the lid eventually gets shiny again. Will come back and edit after I've used it more.

on 6/19/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer is good but not the best one for me, maybe it's because i have a oilly lid. I think I shall try a udpp next time, and udpp is more suitable for oilly lid

on 6/18/2010 4:19:00 PM

I just got a sample of this product and boy do i love it! It so smooth and easy to blend onto my eyelid, and my eye shadow stays on forever! I accidently fell asleep with my makeup on & the next morning my eyeshadow was still in place! Love this stuff, I'll be buying a full sized one when I run out of my sample :)

on 6/18/2010 4:10:00 PM

Great eye primer which delivers - the eye shadow stays put all day.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the third eye primer I have tried and it is by far the best. I used Urban Decay and Smashbox and neither of them could compare. The packaging is so much easier to feel how much is left and to dispense it. This goes on very smoothly and does not crease at all. I was able to wear eye shadow and liner for 12 hours in 90 degree Southern heat without a single bit of it straying. My eyes still looked gorgeous and my eye products still looked freshly applied. I am completely sold on this primer and will not be using anything else.

on 6/16/2010 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Makes shadow stay on much longer and does NOT crease. SO much better than Urban Decay Primer Potion. Doesn't dry out the skin (UDPP made my eyelids dry and a bit wrinkled looking), the packaging is MUCH more convenient, and product doesnt dry out in the packaging. And one tube lasts forever! Definitely a beauty must-have!

on 6/16/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product works pretty well! :D

After using shadow insurance, my mac eyeliner and eye shadow usually last about 6-7 hours on my oily lids -- and in humid weather!

But I think it only works is if I apply an extra layer of loose powder on top of my lids after applying this eye primer... it really helps things stick. without this extra layer of loose powder, this primer does nothing for me. but using loose powder itself without the primer does nothing either. so they have to be used in combination for some reason...

however, I find it works terribly with under eye concealer! It actually makes the concealer "ball up" and in turn, a mess. so I highly recommend this product as a primer for eye makeup only.

on 6/12/2010 11:41:00 AM

Wow. I had always liked this product and used it throughout the fall/winter for keeping my shadows from creasing, but last night, I truly discovered it's magic. It was the first night of summer, and my best friend had a pool/hot tub party. I wasn't sure what type of eye makeup to wear, but I just put it on as normal, but with waterproof mascara. I usually put this on, then before it dries I put on a MAC Paint Pot, almost always Bare Study. Then I just brush on my favorite eyeshadow(s) that day. I did use eyeliner (Prestige Liquid), and I wasn't sure if that would run or not. So the entire night, we were jumping in the pool and sitting in the hot tub, for a good 3 hours. All my friend's makeup smeared and ran down their faces, but mine wouldn't budge! My eyes still looked flawless after 3 hours of swimming. I couldn't believe it! My friends could not stop commenting on how good it still looked, and they all asked what I used. It was amazing. I would DEFINITELY buy this for it's regular use, but be aware of it's summer use. I can't wait to use this all summer. Definitely will buy again. Love the packaging too, 10 times better than that stupid UDPP packaging.

on 6/12/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i used to use UDPP, but it dried/burned my skin so bad i couldnt keep with it. i got this and it works great! doesn't dry my skin at all. only problem is when i got it originally, if i tried to use some it would come out liquidy at first, but i find this happens with most people. you just have to shake it a bit. overall though, i love this!