July 29, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by suzetteb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this product! I have extremely oily skin and my eye shadow always creases. I bought this in November and it does what it says. Although, I have found it works better for some types of shadows over others. It works really well with MAC shadows...I found Lancome still creased. As far as the size of the tube...it is small, but I'm still using the original tube from November so I'm getting a lot of use out of one tube. Will definitely buy, again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this at ulta for 17 bucks n i was so happy because i finally got a eye primer well this one just doesnt work for me.my color faded within 3 hrs.im taking this back n gonna try UDPP

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by katwoman1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so i put on this and all my makeup at 6:30am yesterday, i took my makeup off at 10:30 last night and my eyeshadow still looked just as good as it did when i first put it on. It lasted me more than 12 hours!!! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by alliekat0312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! my eyeshodow used to crease by lunch time. Now by the end of the day my shadow is exactly where i put it and no creasing! I don't really notice it making my eyeshadow more vibrant, but that doesn't matter to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i prefer this over udpp. tfsi has a "wetter" formula that allows for better blending of shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I think UDPP works a little bit better, but I will probably continue to use this product instead because it has better packaging and doesn't make my lids feel as tight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

You can get all the product out of the packaging but do you want to? I found this at times to create a patchy look on the lids, and it does not result in as vibrant of shadow as UDPP. Also the staying power is not as good as UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by hissy

I've tried both the TFSI and the UDPP and honestly don't have a preference with the formula. They both work well to prevent my shadows from creasing. The only reason I prefer this over the UDPP is the packaging. You can get every last drop of the product without the fuss. I do use a bit on my lower lids too to prevent my shadows or eyeliner from running. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't work on my oily lids. I have to use a matte shadow like a paintpot to get the colour to stay and not crease. If I use shadow insurance the colour will be in my crease in less then an hour, so for those of you who this doesn't work for try a matte shadow :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I thought this product was pretty shoddy.

After reading all the positive reviews, I was really expecting greatness. I forgot my own rule about buying into hype. I usually avoid overhyped anything; books, movies, restaurants, like the plague because I am almost always disappointed. Maybe I just have unusually high expectations.

At any rate...I am incredibly thankful that I only bought the trial size, though that alone was $8.50.

This gave an odd patchy look to my base shadow. Regardless of how much or how little I used, I could not get a uniform application. Also, I've never had a problem with creasing...until I used this! Suddenly, my eyelids looked like they had hinges. What the hell? And finally, it did absolutely nothing to even out the color of my lids in order to provide a nice canvas for my eye makeup.

Eons ago, my cosmetologist mother taught me the trick of using foundation or concealer on my lids, which I've done ever since I began wearing make-up. Honestly, I have FAR better results with that technique than I have ever had with an eyeshadow primer. I've decided that for me, such products are superfluous.

Know what works GREAT? Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. A tube is $25, but even using it as a primer and as a concealer, my last tube lasted me nearly a year.

If you don't want to to shell out the money for that....Maybelline Dream Matte concealer works amazingly well too. And it's like...eight bucks.

I love Too Faced cosmetics and usually find the quality to be unsurpassed. But not this product. Sorry Too Faced.