April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sparklefaceface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The Good:
    - Blends nicely with blusher.
    - A nice sheer coverage.

The Bad:
    - The packaging. It gets really tedious opening and closing it. Maybe I'm just lazy though.
    - Doesn't seem to set the foundation as well as I would like it too.

The Detail:
    - This isn't the best powder I have ever used, but its not terrible.
    I like this powder personally, I think blusher blends with it really nicely.
    I used 'rose ivory' which happened to be far too fair for my skin, which I found odd, as the ivory's usually fit my skin tone perfectly, it was kind of like I just rubbed talc in my face, but of course, thats more my fault for not paying closer attention to which ivory I picked up haha.
    Otherwise I liked it. Not the best powder ever, but its decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have soo many powders, but this one doesn't really stand out as being anything amazing in terms of setting foundation. But the reason i love this is because throughout the day i like to blot the excess oil away, and then I use a powder. Usually i just use this as a touch up powder. The reason i dont use it as a setting powder is because it doesnt give any extra coverage, it is very sheer. If you usually use a translusent powder over your foundation, this will be perfect for you.

Overall a very good touch up powder in my opinion. will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to to find something that will control the oil from my skin. It gets really frustrating sometimes! When I read all the good reviews maybelline dream matte powder got, I just had to go try it out! It does give you a nice finish if you don't apply too much. If you apply too much it might cake on you. It has a good oil-control too, a perfect setting powder for any foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by CHiiCKEWiiNG

all i have to say is this stuff is AMAZING:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by coleygoalie

Oh maybelline, WHY?! This is probably the most disappointing, disgusting product I have ever purchased. I like fewer things less than I like the matte pressed powder. First, the "puff" is flat like a pancake. No cushion or any sort of luxeness here! Then it made me look sallow, dry, and flakey! If that wasnt bad enough, then I broke out like a 17 year old school boy right before prom. Im talking like mountainous zits here girl. Do yourself and your pores a favor and steer clear of this awful excuse for a powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

I've been trying this out for a while now & i hit pan!
    I love this powder; it gives that perfect matte look & also didn`t make me break out or anything.
    Plus the color is a perfect match for my skin which i love.
    I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but I don't really mind in.
    The only bad thing i have to say about this product is that it doesn`t really last that long so during the day I have to make sure to reapply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by benny143

Chalky caked-on heavy looking powder. Gross!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by abbyquack

This is an awesome powder! It applies so evenly, without any dry patchyness or any cakeyness. It works perfectly with all foundations. Absolutely flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by petitderriere

I use this as a setting powder and also to add a bit more coverage to my liquid foundation and I love it. The powder is very fine and applies smoothly and gives you a matte look.
    I have this in medium 2-2.5, at first I thought in the pan it looked way to light for me but it matches my yellow toned tanned asian skin perfectly.
    My only complaint would be the packaging. I prefer if it were a bit sleeker. Plus the little sponge inside got destroyed when I kept twisting the compact closed and catching it between the top and bottom edges of the compact. But this problem is minor to me considering the quality of the powder itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by chantull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have the most oily skin but when i use this product as a setting powder my skin stays matte for a long time, even when i go to the gym. i'm not a big fan of the packaging, its bulky and a little tacky but overall its a great powder. i took off one lippie because after a couple of hours it settles into my fine lines.