April 16, 2014 | 957 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by way2curlysue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It works great with my Nars blushes which are extremely pigmented. I had been using a bare escentuals blush brush because I was at the end of my rope trying to find the perfect blush brush. This fits the bill, and best of all it can be used to apply foundation for a totally airbrushed effect. I don't use foundation daily, but it's nice to know I have a tool that can multitask. If you're like me, and just now adding good quality makeup brushes to your arsenal, pick up the SE Adoring Carmine Basic Brush set, and the mac 187, 217 amd 224 full size brushes. The small set is not as good quality as the full size, but they get the job done. They are short bristled brushes, so you can get away with the fact that they are machine made, and not hand made.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't even know if I can describe in words how much I love this brush. I use it to apply my Coastal Scents Silica Spheres as a loose powder, and sometimes as a blush brush for very pigmented blushes. This is a soft and extremely well crafted brush - well worth the hefty price tag. Would repurchase in a heartbeat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Love this brush.I use it for foundation and it applies my foundation really well!Gives me an airbrushed look!!I lost one and had to ruin out and get another one only to find the first one!They are expensive but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

Let me start by saying: "yes, you need this brush!" I had doubts at first, bought a couple knock-offs, etc. Now I own 2 full size 187s, one for blush and one for foundation, and one 187se for travel. Using this brush to apply foundation gives a smooth, airbrush-like finish. Applying blush is fool-proof as well. I just swipe it across a high pigmented blush, dust on my cheeks, and smooth out with a kabuki or blush brush. They are a little pricey at over $40. The "se" versions that come in the brush sets are nice, but no where near the quality of the full size. So if you bought a brush set and you're not impressed with the 187, you still should give the real one a try. I couldn't imagine my makeup routine without them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product works like a dream when it comes to applying powders to the face. As, it makes whatever powder you use with it go on in such a supernatural way.

This brush is such a definite must-have for all!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Regular version:
It is, as said many times before this review and certainly will be many times after, a very versatile, multi-tasking brush. I personally use it as a blush brush (NARS and Shu blushes are very pigmented, so the light touch this brush gives is very appreciated). However, it's great as a pressed powder brush and as a liquid foundation brush, plus it's good for blending the contour line.
Basically, it's worth the slightly high price tag.
Some shedding, no bleeding.

SE 08 (Adoring Carmine) version:
A lot of shedding, with or without washing (if you goes through the brush with your fingers, some hairs come out). No bleeding problem so far with mine. It feels a little rougher/scratchier than the full version, but it does the job pretty much the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have to get one brush from MAC, get this one. To me, it's irreplaceable. It's awesome for liquid foundations, and I use mine for MSFs or highlighters sometimes too. Anytime you want your colors blended seamlessly, this is the brush to use. MAC brushes will last you through many years and many washings with minimal shedding, they really are the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 3:12:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

I've had this brush for years and years (purchased it in a past holiday collection) without realizing its potential until I accidentally stumbled across it on MUA! I love, love, love it. It's hands down, my fave MU brush ever. I use it with liquid foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) and it covers like a dream. It cuts my foundation application time in half and covers seamlessly - you can't see where my foundation begins or ends. I can't NOT put on liquid foundation without this brush, lol. I now have 2 SE versions but have yet to purchase the full-sized one. (I have small features so maybe the SE version would better suit me anyway).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the brush of my dreams. Not that I dream of brushes >.< but you get what I mean. I go through phases of make up. Sometimes I use my liquid foundation regularly. This brush makes my liquid foundation go on like a dream. If I'm not using it for that I use it for my blushers. I've always been jealous of those people who look like they have their blusher airbrushed on. With this brush I can achieve that exact effect given I don't put too much blush on.
It's easy to maintain and very easy to use. I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by lindz029

WOW liquid foundation looks flawless with this brush!!!