MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 12/27/2008 2:04:00 PM

So I got a chance to try this brush because I received a gift card for Christmas, which is lucky, because the brush was about $45 including tax at Nordstrom. I have to say I am very happy that I did buy it, because it definitely beats my old foundation and powder brushes. I use Bare Escentuals foundation, powder, and concealer, and I used to apply foundation with their Handy Buki Brush. I liked the Handy Buki because it offered very complete coverage, but I noticed that it was extremely easy to go overboard in your application and the makeup started to look shiny and cakey. Afterwards, I applied my Mineral Veil finishing powder with BE flawless face brush, and sometimes had problems with the powder looking cakey, chalky, or just weirdly distinct from my foundation. I wanted my different products to blend together, so this was a problem. When I started my foundation with the MAC 187 this morning, I was a little disappointed, because I noticed it wasn't putting as much product on my face as the Buki, and I was worried about blemishes showing through. However, I looked at my face a minute later and realized that, yes, there was less foundation on my face, but the foundation stil covered my flaws! I was skeptical when I saw all that *skin* showing through my makeup, but I realized that I looked so much more natural with the MAC brush. This brush is very expensive, but so far, I would deem it worthwhile, and if I used this brush long enough with continually good results, I could see myself repurchasing it. So though I was hesitant about the coverage initially, I am now convinced that this brush offers airbrushed, natural, your-skin-but-better coverage!!

on 12/27/2008 11:57:00 AM

such an amazing brush! Its sooo soft and comforable for myface. I had the SE form the holiday collection and tossed it when i got the full size. The SE brushes arent comparable to the full size. Its great for liquid foundations,powder blush,creme blush, MSFs, highlighters etc. The endless things you can do you with this one brush. It was a bit pricey $42.00 for one brush but its worth it. If i had to choose to pick one MAC brush it would be this one! Will buy again if i ever needed to!

on 12/24/2008 4:31:00 PM

This brush has taken the place of 4 brushes. I start with concealer and blend it with this brush, next is foundation and I must say it blends like a dream, next I use a little tranclucent powder and the brush is not wet from the foundation so it sets the powder great then I do blush and a little highlighter, wash it real quick and set it to dry for the next day. Sooooooo awsome!!!!!

on 12/24/2008 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

honestly,if i could give this 6 stars,i would...undoubtedly.It's super....it blends like a dream...gives a totally professional,polished look.It's weird but seriously,it makes me look like i'm glowing "from within",and i often ue it just for blush.It's equally fantabulous for foundation too...it costs a boMb, but really, it's so worth every dime...but it NOW....LOL

on 12/24/2008 4:01:00 PM

It took me awhile to figure out this brush, but now that I have I'm not sure how I lived without it. At first, I had a hard time using this for foundation -- it seemed to floppy to apply a liquid. I think I was trying to brush it on, instead of stippling it. For me, it works best when I dip the brush in the foundation, and then gently dap it onto my face. When it is mostly absorbed, I press a little harder in small circular motions to blend it all in. Foundation looks natural, but still gives good converage. I used to hate liquid foundation until I tried this brush -- it really feels like I have nothing on my face. I also use this to apply loose powder to set. This is really a fantastic brush.

on 12/24/2008 2:30:00 PM

Oh my god, how did I live without this product?! I have just started investing in some MAC brushes - and actually purchased this to apply blush. However, after playing with it, I found out that this is my HG foundation brush! I always found foundation brushes a bit of a gimmick, and they never really made much of a difference to my face (as opposed to using my fingers to apply). But oh my! My foundation looks airbrushed! I use it with my Clinique foundation, which gives me the most glowing and flawless complexion!

Can't live without brush - for sure!

on 12/21/2008 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This brush is a MUST HAVE. It applies moisturizer, primer and liquid foundation beautifully. You just buff products onto the skin and it blends like a dream. The best thing about this brush is that I use it to apply my blush as well, and I find it alot easier to use than a blush brush. I think it works better than the 190 brush especially since the 190 can tug against the skin.

on 12/21/2008 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot live without this brush for applying liquid foundation - flawless, airbrushed skin. What more could you ask for? A must-have for your make up bag!!!

on 12/19/2008 7:54:00 PM

i have a lot of brushes but if i was stranded somewhere i would want this one with me and the 217 blending brush

I had this for a little over a year and I use it every day now. I first bought it for my mineralize satinfinish foundation (ended up returning that because it broke me out), so it was sitting for about a month until I used it for my pigmented blushes. I recently started to use cream/liquid foundation again, now that winter is here, and I pulled this out again. I squirt some on the top of my hands (sometimes mixed with little lotion) and either dab the brush in and dab it on my face, or dab the foundation all over my face and use the brush to stipple or blend in circular motions to blend it out. Gives a smoothed out finish. The brush is so soft it doesn't scratch any part of my face at all. Remember to wash it at least every couple days to minimize bacterial growth on the brushes. I use the Giovanni clarifying/hydrating shampoo (I suppose any gentle shampoo or facial cleansers without stuff like salicylic acid, oils, etc. will do), or the makeup brush cleanser from MAC. I dry it by shaking it out, then using a clean towel to squeeze out excess water. Then I hang it on a hanger in my closet using the tape used at the hospital. The next day it is ready to use. This works for me (same with other brushes) and you can give it a try. There is occasional loose bits of hair once in a while and it's a nuisance to pick off my sticky foundation-applied face, but I think it's due to my own fault with the rough washing I do. Expensive, but worth it. Btw, The ones that come in sets seem to feel a bit different.. more stiff plastic-y?

Popular Makeup Brushes