August 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this brush last week after lemming it for almost four years. This brush is everything that it is hyped to be. I am extremely pale, and have always had a hard time with blending blush-it looks too harsh and tends to "sit" on top of my skin. This brush blends powder blush seamlessly and naturally with only a few swipes. So far, I have also used this with cream blush, which I also thought always looked unnaturally blended on me, and now looks amazing. I have yet to try this with foundation. This is the best brush purchase I have ever made, and I highly recommend this brush to anyone who wants a "professional" makeup application. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can now see what all the buzz was about.. I was very close to purchasing the MAC blush brush (#116) cause I was in need of a good blush brush. But of course, I'd do some research on MUA and I found that this stippling brush was pretty much top-rated among all brushes. Reveiws upon reviews, I was convinced to purchase this brush instead because on top of doing a great job for face powders, liquid foundations and practically anything face, it got great reviews for blush application. My fabulous boyfriend dished out the money to purchase this for me as an early xmas gift. I got home, and tried it right away with a Nars blush and WOW.. it is amazing. I picked up just a littttle bit of blush with this brush and it applied on the colour soo well (Nars' blushes are also highly pigmented and own every other brand). The shape of the brush allows more precise application and the bristles are sooo soft. It also applies bronzer on beautifully! I'm soooo glad I got this brush and I believe every girl should have one !! I still have yet to try on face powder with this brush but I am very sure it won't disappoint. Worth the money.
---- Small update (May09)
I just can't express my love for this brush. I use it for so much! Application of liquid foundation, finishing or mineral Powders, bronzer, blush and buffer. I honestly can't get over how amazing it applies blush! it picks up the right amount and applies it so sheerly. I love using it to apply Nars Orgasm cause it gives me the perfect, not-overly-done, flush. I'm planning on picking up a second one so I don' t have to wash my brush alll the time. Maybe eventually a third ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I found the 190 to be of no use now since I found this baby! Gives me the sheer wash of foundation I need and I could build up color if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmepro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Swapped this item and couldn't live without it! Had to buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by trendywendy84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the magic brush!!! I love to use it for liquid foundation to make my makeup look airbrushed and also not use up a lot of product. It also is the best to applying blush or bronzer. Many uses and very high quality. It's pricey but I think it's a worthy investment since I've used it almost everyday for something. It regular 187 is the best and doesn't shed at all. I also have the 187 SE from the holiday collection and that does shed, but the quality is still pretty decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by way2curlysue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It works great with my Nars blushes which are extremely pigmented. I had been using a bare escentuals blush brush because I was at the end of my rope trying to find the perfect blush brush. This fits the bill, and best of all it can be used to apply foundation for a totally airbrushed effect. I don't use foundation daily, but it's nice to know I have a tool that can multitask. If you're like me, and just now adding good quality makeup brushes to your arsenal, pick up the SE Adoring Carmine Basic Brush set, and the mac 187, 217 amd 224 full size brushes. The small set is not as good quality as the full size, but they get the job done. They are short bristled brushes, so you can get away with the fact that they are machine made, and not hand made.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't even know if I can describe in words how much I love this brush. I use it to apply my Coastal Scents Silica Spheres as a loose powder, and sometimes as a blush brush for very pigmented blushes. This is a soft and extremely well crafted brush - well worth the hefty price tag. Would repurchase in a heartbeat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Love this brush.I use it for foundation and it applies my foundation really well!Gives me an airbrushed look!!I lost one and had to ruin out and get another one only to find the first one!They are expensive but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

Let me start by saying: "yes, you need this brush!" I had doubts at first, bought a couple knock-offs, etc. Now I own 2 full size 187s, one for blush and one for foundation, and one 187se for travel. Using this brush to apply foundation gives a smooth, airbrush-like finish. Applying blush is fool-proof as well. I just swipe it across a high pigmented blush, dust on my cheeks, and smooth out with a kabuki or blush brush. They are a little pricey at over $40. The "se" versions that come in the brush sets are nice, but no where near the quality of the full size. So if you bought a brush set and you're not impressed with the 187, you still should give the real one a try. I couldn't imagine my makeup routine without them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product works like a dream when it comes to applying powders to the face. As, it makes whatever powder you use with it go on in such a supernatural way.

This brush is such a definite must-have for all!!!!