November 27, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Adrianka88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Actually, purchased this perfume for my mom who is very sensitive to most sents. To my surprise she loved it! I also am a fan of this perfume, sweet, not to overpowering but lasting. I would say Chance by Chanel is similar when it comes to the type of scent and not being overpowering but lasting. try them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by geg203

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I disagree with those that say Coco Mademoiselle is "not as sophisticated" as the other Chanel fragrances simply because it is younger. What is great about Chanel is that both grand dames and youths can feel chichi and ladylike when spritzed with her perfumes. I gave this a good review because I feel its lightness makes it more wearable and versatile, but no less classy, than the other Chanel scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ashebuga1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have heard a lot of great things about this perfume, so I was thrilled to receive a sample of it. I was worried that the scent was going to be a little "mature" for my taste; however, I instantly fell in love with the rich, sensual oriental notes. I wear this ultra classy scent only for special occasions and always receive compliments. The only downfall to this fragrance is that it is extremely expensive! Oh well... maybe I'll get as a gift for a birthday or something.. until then, I will be rationing the sample!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Coco Mademoiselle, but I do think this is a "young" perfume and not as sophisticated as some of the more old skool Chanel fragrances. I can still pull off young for a few more years and I enjoy wearing this for fun, but not all the time. The dry down reminds me a lot, and I mean a lot, of Flowerbomb (a tidbit- one of the creators of Flowerbomb is the son of the creator of Coco Mademoiselle), not entirely gourmande but close. In fact, people sometimes think I am wearing Flowerbomb when I wear this. Is it my body chemistry? One thing I love when smelling it on myself is that there is a note that reminds me of the effervescence of champagne...it smells "bubbly" and this bubbly note is what sets it apart from Flowerbomb for my nose.
I think Coco Mademoiselle is a cute perfume. Not for hardcore perfume addicts but nice. I think it is also a good neutral scent if you are in a situation (job interview, funeral) where you want to smell nice but do not want an aggressive or overly sexy perfume. The staying power of the EDP is also the best I have had in any Chanel perfume, one spray lasts all day (whereas I put on Cristalle, my one true love, two or three times). I think just for convenience I will rebuy (I have the edp and the cute purse twist edts) as this fragrance is versatile, even if everybody wears it where I am. If you have the cash, this is a good fragrance to have in the arsenal, but it may not be in HG territory for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Tasha83

Im 24yrs old and this is one of my favourite perfumes, it is just so classy and the bottle design is great. Plus a little goes a long way! I think the EDP is better than the EDT for me, as the scent lasts all day. It can be a bit overpowering in the summer if I wear it during the day so I just stick to wearing it when I go out at night...and I get many compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:

It's Chanel - when wearing chanel, whether it be clothing, perfume, sun glasses - there is this air of sophistication and timeless glamour that follows suit. As a name dropper - this is the ideal line.

The bottle - very reminiscent of 1920s/30s hollywood glamour - traditional, classic, clean.

Cons:

Too old a scent for a 20 something - i'm on the search for a more mature scent and have not been able to find it yet - and this one is definitely not it.

Too expensive - i spent $95.00 at a discount store for this perfume. And it smelled great in the store, but once on me - bleh. Awful.

Allergic reaction - for some reason, there are certain ingredients in this perfume that i'm allergic to. When i spray it on myself I just can't stop sneezing.

A real shame, for the price i paid, however my mom (who is now the owner) loves it. Perhaps i should have listened to the sales lady when she strongly stated that i was just "TOO YOUNG" to appreciate this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by couturecrazee

I absolutely LOVE LOVE this perfume. It smells very enticing on me, whenever I put it on I just get a lot of compliments. It's one of my all time favourites. Even though it's a steep price I would still repurchase it over and over again =).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by warmbroodje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sad but true: I can't wear any of Chanel's fragrances!
I've tried several (Coco(mademoiselle), Allure, Chance, Allure Sensuelle) because I liked them so much on other women.
My bodychemistry isn't right for these perfumes, when I wear them it's like I smell myself the whole time (and that's not because I sprayed too much...a little spray goes a long way), not in a very bad way, I'm just too aware of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Coco Mademoiselle has been a favorite of mine for years. I used to wear only edp, but lately I've switched to edt, and I prefer it. This is, to me, the best bourbon vanilla based perfume I've ever worn. It's so rich, and enticing. I think Coco Mademoiselle is seductive, sweet, and very classy. It always gives me a boost of confidence and it collects compliments everywhere I go. Coco Mademoiselle smells very different on individual wearers, and I've noticed that it has different "moods" in cool weather and hot weather. The spices come out in cool weather, while the burnt-sugarlike bourbon vanilla just radiates from my skin in heat. I love this, and it, along with many Chanels, will always be part of my fragrance collection.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have kind of mixed reviews on this. It smelled great in the sample that the woman sprayed on the card. Kind of fruity, yet refined with a touch of class. So I bought it and when I sprayed it on me, the stuff reeked like men's cologne. Just like the bottle of "Miracle Forever" that I exchanged for this! DH liked but that is because he even told me that HE would wear it because it smelled like aftershave. That was the last straw for me. I should have listened to the saleswoman who told me that it smells different on everyone and to sample it first on my arm.