BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product has so many uses. I mix it in with my liquid foundation for a nice glow, I apply it on the tip of my cheekbones to make them 'pop' & I recently started mixing this into my lotion for an all over shimmery glow. This is a product that I will make sure I never run out of.

on 4/11/2009 9:26:00 PM

Since I'm on a Benefit kick right now, I decided give in and purchase a bottle of High Beam. The look was great when I tested it. I used it to highlight my brow bones and cheek bones to wake up my complexion a bit without wearing any makeup. Unfortunately, I got a few small zit-like bumps on my brow bones and cheek bones - wherever I applied the product. My skin is normally clear and if I do get a blemish or zit, they don't show up in those places. This is going back. :(

I see this product had a lot of good reviews, and I was trying to see if anyone had the same problem as me, but I only read of one other case, and gave up reading. I got this in a sample at Sephora and gave it a try. This highlighter gives you a beautiful pinkish glow, it blends well and the shimmer is very soft and not glittery at all. However I tend to get one or two tiny little bumps wherever I put it on :/ I dont know if maybe I just got a defected product, maybe cause it was a little bottle sample, I dont know. Nevetheless I myself would not risk into buying the bottle one :(

on 4/10/2009 11:05:00 PM

Even though I hate the packaging and its sooo expensive, I still give this highlighter a 5. It gives a beautiful sheen without being too metallic or in your face. It even works on my super oily skin!

Application tips:
If you're finding it hard to blend, first dot it on the area you wish to highlight. I do a C across my brow bone, then down around the outside of my eye and then in across my cheek bone. Gently pat with a (liberally) dampened sponge to blend.
I also finds it looks lovely if you mix it with a few drops of Benetint (just do it on the back of your hand) then pat it onto your cheeks with your fingers. Blend the edges out with a damp sponge. Voila, beautifully glowy flushed cheeks, perfect for evening.

on 4/10/2009 10:30:00 PM

I hate the packaging but I love the product! I just put this on my cheekbones and under my brow for a glowy look. I can even mix a little bit with my moisturizer to give me an overall glow. It's shimmery, and not glittery or sparkley at all. I love this!

on 4/10/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently started getting into liquid luminizers in an effort to bring some radiance to my skin, and saw reviews on Benefit's High Beam so I decided to take it out for a test drive. What I *love* about High Beam is that my skin looks so alive and awake when I use this. I mix a few drops with my foudation and *voila* .. my skin just looks brighter. What I absolutely despise about this product is the packaging. It comes in a bottle that looks like nail polish .. the brush is handy in when you're first starting with it .. but as you work your way through more the bottle, trying to get it out is a real pain the duff. The baby would be absolute perfection if it wasn't for the packaging .. I'd rather see this in a squeeze tube to minimize waste and make it easier to use it up. I mean for $24 or so bucks ..I want to be able to put every last drop to use! so until something similar and/or better comes along, I'll remain a High Beam kinda girl.

on 4/8/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this highlighter! Some days I use it in place of a blush or eyeshadow to give my face a dewy glow. I love it when my face just glows because of this, especially when the sun hits my face. It even looks natural! To highlight my entire face, I sometimes dab some to my cheekbones, the middle of my forehead, my chin, bridge of my nose and my browbones for a really pretty glow! I prefer liquid highlighters to powder ones, so this is my HG highlighter!

on 4/7/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is lots of fun. I put it right under my eyebrows and a tiny bit in the corner of my eyes. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup and having only this one is lovely.

on 4/6/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really dont like this product.
I've had it for a year now and I have moon beam as well.
It just doesnt work well with my skin.. and it blocks my pores like no other!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This highlighter looks great on any skin tone in my opinion and lasts all day. Use under or over foundation to give your skin a healthy glow. It's fun to play arend with!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials