April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by colombiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift from a makeup artist friend of mine who did my makeup for my wedding a few months back. the first thing i noticed was how wet this stuff felt, not like most foundations. for the first few weeks i was loving it, as the coverage was a really good, medium kind and it emlted nicely into my skin which is on the dry side. i have no. 20 which i think is the average neutral color, not too pale or dark. i would buy this again once it runs out (oh the bottles are pretty big so it lasts a good while) but it is really expensive (i think about 40 bucks a pop!) so while i dig it, i think i will probably try something else when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 10:12:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I didn't like this when I first tried it because of the colors but I folllowed one of the MuAers advise and bought Ivory (20) and caramel and mixed them and made a perfect match. You get a lot of product here and even though this is very scented it looks great on my skin and comes a close second to my favorite Chantecaille Future Skin. I can't wear this everyday or my rosacea rebels but for a great skin look for photographs this is a nice pick. I also bypassed my problems with the bottle and put this in a pump I bought at a beauty suppply store. If you have oily skin avoid but for n/d skin this is a nice one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sofylina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was out one night searching for a new concealer and fell upon the MUF counter. The girl there had gorgeous skin and I asked her what she was using. So she went on to try the concealer and then this foundation. I was amazed.

I had been searching for a nice coverage from a liquid foundation, without the appearance of me wearing anything. I get it with this product. Like others said, its a jelly texture before mixing, and feels very wet when applying. The cover is beautiful. Don't forget to set with powder if your skin is a little oily though. I will definitely repurchase when this HUGE bottle runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Judith

Yes, I LOVE this unlike all the other low/highend covering foundations I tried the last 15 years!

I bought this 3 months ago after a long search in Belgium because
this brand isn't available in The Netherlands (Europe).

After reading the reviews of this product on MUA I wanted to try it by myself.

I got this in shade 20, a neutral very pale color, a bit too dark but I correct it with a pale pressed powder on top.

This foundation is buildable in the amount of
coverage you want and the best part is that it doesn't cake. Not while applying it and also not after wearing it for hours!

I really liked Max Factor Performance but MUFE gives me the same coverage without feeling (and seeing) wearing a "mask".
After applying I set it with a compact powder because I like to have porcelain matte skin.

Another positive part is that the foundation doesn't set in my pores and make them look almost invisible.

Edit 2007: This foundation is too dewy for me and I realized that #20 was to dark for my skin. I bought #38 but alsno not a HG.

Since 4 years I use L'oreal Solar Expertise SS as a primer, some concealer and an ultrapale pressed powder from the brand "Manhattan" (www.manhattancosmetics.com). Great coverage and looking more natural, not like wearing obviously liquid foundation. No touch ups required because of oily t-zone like with most liquid foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by MakeABook

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted so badly to like this based on the raves here, but it's a no go. I like tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations, but this is SO sheer that it left me wondering "why bother"? I'd say it makes the texture of skin look better, like a primer, but the coverage was sheer to none. So I tried to build it. And build it, And build it. In the end, I was finally able to get a decent (not great) result, and but it took so long and required so much product that it hardly seemed worth the effort. (And I didn't like piling so much foundation on my acne-prone skin. Seemed like a sure recipe for breakouts.) Darn.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2004 2:41:00 AM More reviews by dancing_girl

I LOVE this stuff.

I have never worn foundation before because I hate the feeling of it on my face and I don't like the "made-up" look. But this stuff is very light and appears natural. It's amazing.

It also does not cake at all throughout the day, and has been fine when worn over sunblock, and with some concealor on top of it. Furthermore, it seems to make my blush "hold" all day long.

One thing that surprised me was how dark it is in the bottle. I first tried on the #2 because the color in the bottle looked right to me, but then a salesperson (at Sephora) suggested I try the #3. I was shocked that the #3 was right for me, but it was.

I still don't wear it daily, but I wear it whenever I want to look a bit nicer than usual. It makes me look and feel more finished, but still natural.

I gave the packaging a low rating because it comes in a glass "bottle" with a fairly wide mouth. Since I only need a little bit of it at a time, I feel like this is not very sanitary. (It touches my fingers and then falls back into the bottle.) This has led me to use a sponge instead of my fingers, which is somewhat unnecessary for me otherwise.

Anyway, this stuff rocks and it may be the only foundation I will ever buy. I can't imagine finding one I like better than this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 7:46:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

Before I bought this I checked here to see what color/shade I should get. However, no one said what shade they were :( So I am here to say I am NC20-25 or C2 and I wear 3 Natural. This foundation is awesome! May even be my HG! I applied it with my 190 brush and let it set and then I applied another coat for alittle more coverage. I am so happy with the feel of this foundation. I look like I have smooth spotless skin and that is what I always dreamed for in a foundation. Not only that, it blends so easily and the color is a perfect match for my skin. I worry about using up all of it if I used it on my body so I won't be doing that but technically you can. This is a really sheer thin fluid but you can layer it for more coverage and it works like a dream that way, does not get cakey in any way. Also seems to cut down on my face redness and evens out my skin. Overall VERY pleased with this and I cannot wait to try other items in this line.*****Update!*****This is definetly my HG foundation. I have been using it for 3-4 months. I find that this foundation is very self-adjusting, too. I wore the same exact shade all summer, with a much darker skin tone. This is so awesome bc it is not drying at all, it is very wet and dries to such an even finish. I still layer it for coverage and it dries dewy, which I love. Totally awesome stuff! Love it!

2nd Update 10/27/05: This is by far my most favorite foundation ever! I just had to say it again! I will never be without this fndtn.

3rd Update 2/17/08: Still using this! Absolutely love it still and will probably never stop using it unless God forbid, they stop making it! I use the MAC skunk brush to apply it sometimes and it goes on really nice with that, like buffing it into the skin. I also use the 105 brush and that works well, too. This fndtn applies like a dream. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2004 12:29:00 AM More reviews by chicken_bella

Sheer yet excellent coverage, colour looks really strong but glides on like a sheer gel you can't even tell your wearing it. Does dry quite quickly so i have found it sometimes looks a little patchy, maybe a foundation brush would help with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by marylaw2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I definitly love the gel texture and finish of this foundation. Long lasting with a natural glowy finish. The standard 50ml is also a generous size too. What makes me turn to other brand is that I can't find a good shade match. I'm a MAC NC20, has tried #1, but this just appear pinkish on my asian skin. The opening of the bottle is too large, making it harder to control.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkshellie

I was looking for a foundation that has really good staying power. I was impressed with the makeup not because of the staying power but of the texture and the ability to build. Don't be scared off by the colors. While MUFE doesn't have a lot of colors to choose from the foundation blends naturally into your skin. As for the staying power nothing works as well as Revlon Colorstay.