Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 5/30/2006 3:13:00 PM

Wow. From the first time I put it on my skin it looked amazing. And this was in harsh Sephora lighting!!! It feels like you are wearing nothing, the texture is light and fluff, liquidy but moussey if that makes any sense!! Color match was perfect for me (Ivory 20) I'm neutral toned and match b/w 15 and 20 on the MAC scale. Price is steep at $38 but I think it's worth it if it makes my face looks great. Sheer coverage but it still evens out skintone wonderfully :) HG!!!!

on 5/6/2006 10:56:00 AM

This is a gorgeous foundation for people with ivory and alabaster complexions. I tried the #2, which has a rosy undertone, and #20, which is more neutral. The #2 looks better on rosy skin, giving more life to it, more energy. It stays perfectly in place throughout the day, and is very attractive--it really adds something special to your look, rather than just covering up flaws. Unfortunately, it just doesn't give enough coverage to mature skin and to rosacea, so I have to go with a heavier product for daytime use. But this will definitely be on hand for special occasions.

on 4/30/2006 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the ABSOLUTE BEST foundation I have EVER tried. I have very fair skin with almost no pigment, so I have a difficult time finding foundation to match my skin (usually the lightest shade in any line is too dark for me.) I also have a severe problem with sweating especially in the humidity, and it was no match for this foundation! I have used Laura Mercier's foundations in Porcelain for both dry and oily skins, but they are not sweatproof. My only complaint about this product is the wide opening of the bottle, but I ordered the professional size over the telephone from the Make Up Forever boutique in NYC. It is 5 fluid ounces and it costs $57, but WELL worth it. Think about it: Most foundation bottles are 1 ounce, and this equals 5 bottles. That's less than $12 per bottle, about what higher end drugstore brands cost! I just rinsed out an old bottle of foundation and poured this makeup in it and I am storing the rest in the refrigerator. I know this is recommended for dry and mature skin, but I have oily skin and it suits me just fine. Well I know I have been raving about how good this foundation is, but it is a miracle!

on 4/30/2006 8:13:00 AM

Although I choose to wear Mineral Makeup on a daily basis, this is my foundation of choice for special events and having pictures taken. It just makes my skin look like a dream, without being heavy or cakey. And the best part, it stays put, in a good way! I have even worn it through excercise/sweating to put it to the test.

The only complaint I have is the bottle/jar opening is too large, but I guess because it is also known as a body foundation, they make the container this way.

Love this the best of ALL liquid foundations!!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love, love, love this foundation! I'm fortunate to live in NYC so I went to the boutique down in Soho and the MA there custom blended for me. I'm an NC25 in MAC, but the MA started with Ivory No. 20 and blended from there, using 4 different colors. She did a great job as the match is spot on. Of course, when she applied it, it looked great. When I got home and did it myself (using their elliptical sponge), it looked just as great. It just covers the pinkness around my mose and on my cheeks, and any small pink blemishes I had. When I emerged from the bathroom with my entire face of foundation the boy couldn't tell I had anything on at all, and it felt so light. It lasted all the way through a very rainy day here, too. I would definitely buy again, though I purchased the larger size ($57) so it may be a while before I need it. Also, the MA gave me a large sample of their loose powder which is super finely milled and quite nice.

on 4/14/2006 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Definitely the top pick for face + body foundation- very fluid and lightweight, sheer to opaque coverage. Great colors, extremely long lasting and sweat/rub resistant.

on 4/6/2006 6:20:00 PM

This is my holy grail product,I bought this after I read some reviews here..it is THE BEST I've ever tried it also gives a professional look..yay I am happy...

on 4/3/2006 6:37:00 PM

This is a very liquidy gel foundation that you need to shake before applying. The colors tend to look pink/peach in the bottle, but I am a C2 in MAC and I purchased the No 2 which is ivory. They do sell yellow-toned colors that you can use to mix/match to your shade, but I didn't want the hassle of fulling with that. I applied using a foundation brush and it dries very quickly. I followed with their matte loose powder and my skin looks very even, smooth and my pores look small. I highly recommend this foundation. They sell it online at Sephora and some of their retail locations. It costs about $38 but will last you a very very long time. I can wear it all day and not have to touch up at all. I believe it does contain some mineral oil so I wouldn't recommend for those who have oily complexions. The one thing I really like about this makeup is that my skin doesn't feel/look like it has anything on it. I used MACs face & body foundation for years (great color selection), but that tends to leave an oily sheen on my face after several hours.

on 4/3/2006 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ohhhhhh my gooooosh. I love this product SO MUCH! The only thing I DON'T love about it is the packaging. The plump glass bottle is heavy and clumsy and I hate how wide the mouth is - I always pour out much more than I need, and I hate the fact that air, the enemy of any foundation, gets in every time I open the bottle. I would greatly prefer some sort of pump, since it's too watery to put into a tube. Other than the packaging, this is a perfect, perfect foundation. I believe it's 80% water, and feels so airy and gel-like when I put it on my face! It gives amazing coverage, because it's buildable, and it's incapable of looking fake or cakey. I used Laura Mercier TM for years, and have raved about it for years, but this blows LM TM out of the water if you have oily skin (which I do). It is a breeze to blend, and doesn't look like I have foundation on AT ALL. The problem with Laura Mercier was that, while it gave great, natural looking coverage, I could always FEEL it on my skin. With MUFE, I can put this on, and when it dries and I touch my face, it feels like I'm just touching my bare skin. Also, with LM, I always needed powder to stave off shine and oiliness, but with MUFE I really feel that powder isn't necessary. I still use powder to give myself a more finished look, but I like the fact that MUFE allows my face to stand alone without it. The only other problem, besides the packaging, is that the colors are so deceiving! I tried about four different samples before I finally found the color that matched best, and the color that matches best looks like it should be way too dark for me! The samples that I tried that looked like they should have been perfect matches always showed up too light! I guess you should just keep in mind that when the foundation dries, it's several shades lighter than it is when it's wet. Very strange, but since I've found my color, I'm not complaining.

on 3/13/2006 3:22:00 PM

Face and Body is a great foundation. There is nothing else that I would rather wear on a daily basis. I wanted to clarify some points about shades.
1. Most people can probably wear 3 shades as they are so sheer (yet buildable)
2. Most colors look pink/peach in bottle but all apply to a neutral tone

Shade 32 and 34 will work for many people

You will find that this foundation has a great natural finish (it really looks like skin), long wearing, and smooth light texture.