Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The first bottle of this that I purchased was in Soft Beige 1, which was a horrible color choice for me; it did not blend into my skin at all. However, after exchanging the first bottle for the Ivory 20 (thank you Sephora), I was able to achieve the results I was hoping for. Yes, it is a weird, pudding like substance that is a little tricky to work with. My method is as follows: sunscreen (Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 30), primer (Smashbox), concealer (Ben Nye), lightly powder over the concealer with a velour puff and loose powder, pour some of the foundation into hand and apply with a sponge, “strippling” rather than blending with long strokes. Wait three minutes, touch up any concealer that may need it and then powder all over the face with loose powder (NARS) again using a velour puff. The finish is very natural, it wears well, and even though I have oily skin, it does not seem to shine as quickly as other oil-free foundations I have used. I have found that loose, rather than compressed, powder keeps the oil under control longer with this foundation. This does take some time to apply properly, and would not be a good choice for those who like to do their makeup in a hurry. Like everyone else, I find the bottle to be annoying, but by dumping the product out into my hand to use it, I manage to make it work. EDIT: Have started wearing this over Cover Cover Girl Tru Blend Whipped Foundation in Buff Beige (for more coverage). It looks great!

I see there are already a lot of reviews but I'll still throw my two cents in.
Best Foundation out there for a natural look and feel.
I love the slip of this formula, it's a nice gel base that looks a little coagulated and weird at first, but man does this stuff just go on like perfection. It seems at first as if it will never stick to the skin, but then it starts to slowly set up as you work it and just glides on wonderfully. It leaves a great natural finish, more on the sheer side, but that can be built up. It feels like nothing on your skin and it has a great fragrance also. It IS pricey, but so worth it in my opinion. It's also great through HOT weather, STORMY weather and probably snow!

Sorry to be the outcast here but I was absolutely disappointed with this foundation. After reading all the rave reviews about this item, I thought I found my "miracle" foundation - one from which I thought I would never stray. Well I was sadly mistaken. The consistency is gel-like yet runny and watery and the lack of pump makes it highly unsanitary and messy. I applied w/ a sponge and it seemed to accentuate every dry flake even after I moisturized. I am NC25-30 and got #20 which was a good match. I just wish it covered better. I read a lot of people say their pores were minimized as mine were as well but as far as covering blemishes, no way!!! I applied my Maybelline Pure m/u on top and voila..all better..What a shame that a d/s foundation KO'd the higher priced one! I'm back to the Maybelline but won't give up my search!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I admit, I was a skeptic. I tend to have oily, acne-prone skin so wasn't sure about the oil in the foundation. Not to mention waterproof? Well, I can safely say, this is now my HG foundation. I go swimming 2-3 times a week and this foundation stays put like none other. I'm talking about an hour of laps in the pool and my skin still looks amazing with this. Goggles don't even give it the rub. And, to top it off, my skin hasn't broken out from it at all. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Great liquid/gel foundation in a glass bottle that really needs a pump. You need to shake this a lot before you use it. Goes on okay with fingers, best with a brush, fine with a sponge. I apply, let it set. Then go over any spots that need extra coverage. I'm an NW35 and #24 is not too yellow. I think many of the shades look much darker in the bottle vs. on the skin. I'm very oil w/breakouts, this does not clog my pores or cause trouble. It does make pores go poof, if I follow with any powder to set. Since it's summer, I use blot over it. Great product.

The product has a lovely matte finish and it seems to make me glow. It has great coverage, doesn't cover spots, pimples and such too well with only one layer but it's extremely buildable. It's very seamless and much better than the Dior one I used to use. This one has a gel base so you have to shake it before use. I gave it a 4 not a 5 because although it doesn't look dry on me, people with dry skin shouldn't use this I think, It's not for everyone. It was very good value for money though because it comes in a 50ml bottle, which is around 20ml more than most other foundations from well known brands for a similar price.

One of the best foundations I have tried (and I have tried a great many!) Has a strange watery texture, but once you work with it with your foundation brush, it dries to an amazing finish and lasts through a monsoon! It's a very seamless look, and lightweight and natural looking, yet the coverage is superb. Yes, it takes some getting used to, but when you do, it is a fabulous formula.I have large pores and this one conceals them well, also lasts through the day well. Odd color choices, but the one I picked seems to work. It is the 2nd color of the ones offered.

absolute must have for hot weather!! i have yet to try in the winter but i hope it makes my skin look as good as it does now!! i'm a nc/nw15 in MAC and at first i couldn't decide between ivory 20 or #2, but finally #2 looked a bit yellow on me so i went with ivory 20. this foundation can be layered on if you wait a couple minutes in between layers. it makes my skin look absolutely naturally flawless all day long even in the three digit heat CA has been having lately! and it doesn't make me break out! i can use any of my powders or powder foundation over this to set it and my skin is given a pretty porcelain look. i'll update this review when i've tried it during the winter months. my only complaints are that the opening to the bottle it comes in is too big so i had to pour some into a small container since i don't have time to be super careful every morning and the smell. it has a weird smell to it, but not overpowering and goes away within minutes.

- Have it in #20 (im an NC25)
- Goes on sheer. Gel-like pudding texture that dries after like 30 seconds.
- Takes away any redness. I build on 2 layers for extra coverage if needed
- I use this with a foundation brush and it goes on smoother and doesn't waste as much product than if I were to use my fingers
- It's not cheap. For the small bottle it costed me close to $40CDN and for their large bottle it was around $70CDN
- Like alot of reviewers, I too wish it had a pump. I hate pouring the product out from the bottle. It's kinda annoying

Strangest make up ever! I'm not sure how I feel about this foundation yet. First it goes on incredibly sheer which is great if you have perfect skin but I do not. I have a lot of discoloration and an occassional blemish and this foundation does not cover those very well. On the other hand this foundation makes my large pores disappear! I have never used/found a makeup that could make my pores vanish like that! Great stuff as far as that is concerned.

I live in Texas and today it was 101 degrees outside and I spent part of my afternoon outside at a construction site...the makeup didn't budge. I was dripping with sweat but once I blotted with a Kleenex, the makeup looked the same. And none of the makeup came off on the Kleenex either. It gives a matte finish but not too matte....none of that super dry cakey look. My only major dislike is that this bottle needs a pump dispenser.

To sum it up, this makeup has a lot of pros. The only con is that I wish it offered medium coverage to hide more skin discolorations. I'm contemplating mixing it with a little of my other foundation and see what happens. I will repurchase just because of the "vanishing pores" and lasting power.

**UPDATE** If you give this foundation a few minutes to dry, you can then apply another layer for more coverage. Even with a second layer, it doesn't feel heavy or look caked on.