Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/16/2006 7:11:00 PM

Great foundation, but definitely not for the oily skinned. This is the foundation I've used when airbrushing, and it delivers amazingly well - and the fact that it doesn't clog up the machine is a plus. Best suited for normal and dry skin types. Make Up For Ever also has a nice color selection - I don't find any of the colors to be too pink or too yellow. I wish I could wear this daily, but being an oily skinned girl, I'm shiny within half an hour of application with this. The gel formula is wonderful, though - I wish I could use it!

on 2/15/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation - great gel texture and natural look, but a bit too natural imho.

on 2/9/2006 8:30:00 PM

I think I found my HG foundation, after years of trying! I love almost everything about it: scent, thin textured, great pigmentation, and it's LONG wearing, even though it contains mineral oil. I love that is gives me a little bit of a boost of color (a little tan!) without being too dark or muddy. IT dries a little quick so you have to blend fast. I use my fingers-dont even bother using a sponge, because it'll just soak up all the product. I love that the bottle is BIG, too. I think this will last a long time.

on 2/4/2006 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although this goes for swap too, I have to say it's one of the best foundations I've tried! Unfortunatelly it's not suitable for my oily skin, but I can see it working amazingly on people with skins on the drier side. The coverage is medium and you can even add more to achieve more coverage and it still won't look cakey. It dries to a powdery finish and stays matte for a long time. Also the color adjusts to the skin tone nicely. In my case, although it wore like a dream, it also broke me out so I can't use it any longer. Bummer... I guess my face can only take mineral foundations.
This foundation does have a smell to it, but it didn't bother me.

on 1/17/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ethnicity: African decent
Skincolor: MAC NC45/Px Antelope
Skin type: acne prone, combination skin
Issues: some blotchiness, spots, dry patches

Ok this tops my list so far for THE BEST liquid foundation Ive ever used. Its got the consistency of runny egg whites. that is to say, its not completely liquid but rather the consistency of pudding that is not yet firm. It dries to a semi dewy finish, is thin, but seems to cover blemishes extremely well. You get a decent amount of product for the price too, and it comes in a 5 ounce bottle! Ive used this on my tomboy-scarred up legs also in the summer in place of panty hose.
I hope they ever stop making this. Thumbs up!

on 12/5/2005 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Shake it before using.

This summer, When it was extremely hot and humide,it broke me out. Now I am using oil free sunscreen,MAC prep+prime, MAC fluid.I'll go back to Makeup Forever face and body in fall.(Aug 2006)

I use #20 for my NC25 skin.

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

If you check ingredients for other foundations such as MAC face and body,smashbox,L'Oreal visible lift for instance, this one is rather simple formula.

When I apply it with a sponge, at first, my face feels so good. Watery gel goes evenly. Then, later, it became rather powder finish. Amazing.

I don't mind Mineral oil. I have very dry skin and oil-free is too dry in winter for me.
I moisturize very well before applying this foundation. I don't need finishing powder.
continued >>

on 11/14/2005 4:22:00 PM

This is currently my foundation of choice. While I normally don't bother with foundation, I couldn't resist when a MA with perfect-looking skin at the Make Up For Ever boutique I was at (picking up Make Up For Ever's Volume Mascara) recc-ed this foundation.

The foundation has a gel formula, and goes on very wet, so it gives very sheer coverage. However, I've found that this foundation builds really well for when you want more coverage (I use a sponge for sheer coverage, and my fingers for heavier coverage when my skin's not feeling too happy), and stays and stays, even in the summer heat. The foundation seems a bit much for my skin however, in really humid weather, and I feel like it clogs my pores in the summer. However, went to the gym yesterday, and my skin looked exactly the same post workout as it did pre-workout. Amazing staying power!

NC30 MAC, so I use "Sand" in this. Think it might be a little too pink for me, but it goes on so sheer, it's hard to tell.

It's pretty expensive, but I have 5 oz bottle, which makes the price more manageable. In general, I might repurchase, but I'm still more of a TM kind of girl.
EDIT: 7/23/07 Still using this foundation. Found, over time, that it made my face look cakey when applied with my fingers, and using a sponge wasted too much product and didn't give me enough coverage. Finally caved in and bought a foundation brush...and now my skin looks absolutely flawless! I really think a brush is the way to go with this foundation.

on 10/30/2005 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have combo/oily skin, and was not pleased with this foundation when I first tried it, as I have huge pores and a few acne scars, and didn’t think that this had enough coverage. After a few months, I decided to give it another try and applied it with a foundation brush, instead of my fingers, and the result was fabulous. I found that the key to applying this foundation is to use a brush, and to let it sink into your skin for a few minutes before blending. This never changes color, and looks very natural. It doesn’t control oil, but it doesn’t make it worse. I have tried this in Ivory No.2 and Ivory No.20. I use No. 2 because I prefer a peach base to a neutral/yellow one. This is one of the best liquid foundations out there.. I highly recommend...

on 10/4/2005 12:50:00 PM

Update, September 2008.

Make Up For Ever introduced some new lighter colors to the Face and Body foundation. I just received one in #38, Pink Porcelain. When I put it on, it is such a good match that I can't tell where the foundation ends and my natural skin begins. I used the #20 before, but the #38 is perfect. Even though it is named "Pink Porcelain" it is not overly pink. It's gorgeous.
------------------------
I love this make-up. I have tried many foundations, high-end and drugstore, and this is my favorite. This liquid foundation looks wonderful. It provides a natural looking coverage that can be layered where needed. It does not emphasize fine lines. I have pale, delicate skin that some have described as warm and others as cool. I first tried this when they only had 01 and 02 shades available in the pale range, but neither seemed quite right. During a visit to Sephora the SA applied a new shade, 20, and it looked great. It's a neutral ivory shade; it mutes any redness without looking too yellow.

I recently purchased this in the 5 oz size for $57.00, which works out to about $11.40 per ounce, so it's actually quite economical in this size. Since it's also a body foundation, I can use it on my upper chest area where I have some broken capillaries and it mutes this problem and it's not detectable. The packaging is a sturdy glass bottle. I would recommend pouring a small bit into the palm of the hand to avoid putting your fingers over the opening.

I really love the feeling of this foundation. It goes on very smooth, and the best part is, it mixes really really well with other foundations if you need a different colour! Doesn't seperate or get goopy, like some other ones. Must have for make-up artists.