Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 4/3/2006 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ohhhhhh my gooooosh. I love this product SO MUCH! The only thing I DON'T love about it is the packaging. The plump glass bottle is heavy and clumsy and I hate how wide the mouth is - I always pour out much more than I need, and I hate the fact that air, the enemy of any foundation, gets in every time I open the bottle. I would greatly prefer some sort of pump, since it's too watery to put into a tube. Other than the packaging, this is a perfect, perfect foundation. I believe it's 80% water, and feels so airy and gel-like when I put it on my face! It gives amazing coverage, because it's buildable, and it's incapable of looking fake or cakey. I used Laura Mercier TM for years, and have raved about it for years, but this blows LM TM out of the water if you have oily skin (which I do). It is a breeze to blend, and doesn't look like I have foundation on AT ALL. The problem with Laura Mercier was that, while it gave great, natural looking coverage, I could always FEEL it on my skin. With MUFE, I can put this on, and when it dries and I touch my face, it feels like I'm just touching my bare skin. Also, with LM, I always needed powder to stave off shine and oiliness, but with MUFE I really feel that powder isn't necessary. I still use powder to give myself a more finished look, but I like the fact that MUFE allows my face to stand alone without it. The only other problem, besides the packaging, is that the colors are so deceiving! I tried about four different samples before I finally found the color that matched best, and the color that matches best looks like it should be way too dark for me! The samples that I tried that looked like they should have been perfect matches always showed up too light! I guess you should just keep in mind that when the foundation dries, it's several shades lighter than it is when it's wet. Very strange, but since I've found my color, I'm not complaining.

on 3/13/2006 3:22:00 PM

Face and Body is a great foundation. There is nothing else that I would rather wear on a daily basis. I wanted to clarify some points about shades.
1. Most people can probably wear 3 shades as they are so sheer (yet buildable)
2. Most colors look pink/peach in bottle but all apply to a neutral tone

Shade 32 and 34 will work for many people

You will find that this foundation has a great natural finish (it really looks like skin), long wearing, and smooth light texture.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation I have ever tried and I have tried alot. I am very picky when it comes to foudation. I have large pores and this conceals them and definetly doesn't sink into them like other foundations. This is so buildable and natural looking even at medium to full coverage. I put this on with a foundation brush sweeping on once and letting it set for a few seconds then blend with the brush. Add another layer for more coverage where you need it. Awesome!

on 2/16/2006 7:11:00 PM

Great foundation, but definitely not for the oily skinned. This is the foundation I've used when airbrushing, and it delivers amazingly well - and the fact that it doesn't clog up the machine is a plus. Best suited for normal and dry skin types. Make Up For Ever also has a nice color selection - I don't find any of the colors to be too pink or too yellow. I wish I could wear this daily, but being an oily skinned girl, I'm shiny within half an hour of application with this. The gel formula is wonderful, though - I wish I could use it!

on 2/15/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation - great gel texture and natural look, but a bit too natural imho.

on 2/9/2006 8:30:00 PM

I think I found my HG foundation, after years of trying! I love almost everything about it: scent, thin textured, great pigmentation, and it's LONG wearing, even though it contains mineral oil. I love that is gives me a little bit of a boost of color (a little tan!) without being too dark or muddy. IT dries a little quick so you have to blend fast. I use my fingers-dont even bother using a sponge, because it'll just soak up all the product. I love that the bottle is BIG, too. I think this will last a long time.

on 2/4/2006 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although this goes for swap too, I have to say it's one of the best foundations I've tried! Unfortunatelly it's not suitable for my oily skin, but I can see it working amazingly on people with skins on the drier side. The coverage is medium and you can even add more to achieve more coverage and it still won't look cakey. It dries to a powdery finish and stays matte for a long time. Also the color adjusts to the skin tone nicely. In my case, although it wore like a dream, it also broke me out so I can't use it any longer. Bummer... I guess my face can only take mineral foundations.
This foundation does have a smell to it, but it didn't bother me.

on 1/17/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ethnicity: African decent
Skincolor: MAC NC45/Px Antelope
Skin type: acne prone, combination skin
Issues: some blotchiness, spots, dry patches

Ok this tops my list so far for THE BEST liquid foundation Ive ever used. Its got the consistency of runny egg whites. that is to say, its not completely liquid but rather the consistency of pudding that is not yet firm. It dries to a semi dewy finish, is thin, but seems to cover blemishes extremely well. You get a decent amount of product for the price too, and it comes in a 5 ounce bottle! Ive used this on my tomboy-scarred up legs also in the summer in place of panty hose.
I hope they ever stop making this. Thumbs up!

on 12/5/2005 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Shake it before using.

This summer, When it was extremely hot and humide,it broke me out. Now I am using oil free sunscreen,MAC prep+prime, MAC fluid.I'll go back to Makeup Forever face and body in fall.(Aug 2006)

I use #20 for my NC25 skin.

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

If you check ingredients for other foundations such as MAC face and body,smashbox,L'Oreal visible lift for instance, this one is rather simple formula.

When I apply it with a sponge, at first, my face feels so good. Watery gel goes evenly. Then, later, it became rather powder finish. Amazing.

I don't mind Mineral oil. I have very dry skin and oil-free is too dry in winter for me.
I moisturize very well before applying this foundation. I don't need finishing powder.
continued >>

on 11/14/2005 4:22:00 PM

This is currently my foundation of choice. While I normally don't bother with foundation, I couldn't resist when a MA with perfect-looking skin at the Make Up For Ever boutique I was at (picking up Make Up For Ever's Volume Mascara) recc-ed this foundation.

The foundation has a gel formula, and goes on very wet, so it gives very sheer coverage. However, I've found that this foundation builds really well for when you want more coverage (I use a sponge for sheer coverage, and my fingers for heavier coverage when my skin's not feeling too happy), and stays and stays, even in the summer heat. The foundation seems a bit much for my skin however, in really humid weather, and I feel like it clogs my pores in the summer. However, went to the gym yesterday, and my skin looked exactly the same post workout as it did pre-workout. Amazing staying power!

NC30 MAC, so I use "Sand" in this. Think it might be a little too pink for me, but it goes on so sheer, it's hard to tell.

It's pretty expensive, but I have 5 oz bottle, which makes the price more manageable. In general, I might repurchase, but I'm still more of a TM kind of girl.
EDIT: 7/23/07 Still using this foundation. Found, over time, that it made my face look cakey when applied with my fingers, and using a sponge wasted too much product and didn't give me enough coverage. Finally caved in and bought a foundation brush...and now my skin looks absolutely flawless! I really think a brush is the way to go with this foundation.