Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 12/5/2005 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Shake it before using.

This summer, When it was extremely hot and humide,it broke me out. Now I am using oil free sunscreen,MAC prep+prime, MAC fluid.I'll go back to Makeup Forever face and body in fall.(Aug 2006)

I use #20 for my NC25 skin.

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

If you check ingredients for other foundations such as MAC face and body,smashbox,L'Oreal visible lift for instance, this one is rather simple formula.

When I apply it with a sponge, at first, my face feels so good. Watery gel goes evenly. Then, later, it became rather powder finish. Amazing.

I don't mind Mineral oil. I have very dry skin and oil-free is too dry in winter for me.
I moisturize very well before applying this foundation. I don't need finishing powder.
continued >>

on 11/14/2005 4:22:00 PM

This is currently my foundation of choice. While I normally don't bother with foundation, I couldn't resist when a MA with perfect-looking skin at the Make Up For Ever boutique I was at (picking up Make Up For Ever's Volume Mascara) recc-ed this foundation.

The foundation has a gel formula, and goes on very wet, so it gives very sheer coverage. However, I've found that this foundation builds really well for when you want more coverage (I use a sponge for sheer coverage, and my fingers for heavier coverage when my skin's not feeling too happy), and stays and stays, even in the summer heat. The foundation seems a bit much for my skin however, in really humid weather, and I feel like it clogs my pores in the summer. However, went to the gym yesterday, and my skin looked exactly the same post workout as it did pre-workout. Amazing staying power!

NC30 MAC, so I use "Sand" in this. Think it might be a little too pink for me, but it goes on so sheer, it's hard to tell.

It's pretty expensive, but I have 5 oz bottle, which makes the price more manageable. In general, I might repurchase, but I'm still more of a TM kind of girl.
EDIT: 7/23/07 Still using this foundation. Found, over time, that it made my face look cakey when applied with my fingers, and using a sponge wasted too much product and didn't give me enough coverage. Finally caved in and bought a foundation brush...and now my skin looks absolutely flawless! I really think a brush is the way to go with this foundation.

on 10/30/2005 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have combo/oily skin, and was not pleased with this foundation when I first tried it, as I have huge pores and a few acne scars, and didn’t think that this had enough coverage. After a few months, I decided to give it another try and applied it with a foundation brush, instead of my fingers, and the result was fabulous. I found that the key to applying this foundation is to use a brush, and to let it sink into your skin for a few minutes before blending. This never changes color, and looks very natural. It doesn’t control oil, but it doesn’t make it worse. I have tried this in Ivory No.2 and Ivory No.20. I use No. 2 because I prefer a peach base to a neutral/yellow one. This is one of the best liquid foundations out there.. I highly recommend...

on 10/4/2005 12:50:00 PM

Update, September 2008.

Make Up For Ever introduced some new lighter colors to the Face and Body foundation. I just received one in #38, Pink Porcelain. When I put it on, it is such a good match that I can't tell where the foundation ends and my natural skin begins. I used the #20 before, but the #38 is perfect. Even though it is named "Pink Porcelain" it is not overly pink. It's gorgeous.
------------------------
I love this make-up. I have tried many foundations, high-end and drugstore, and this is my favorite. This liquid foundation looks wonderful. It provides a natural looking coverage that can be layered where needed. It does not emphasize fine lines. I have pale, delicate skin that some have described as warm and others as cool. I first tried this when they only had 01 and 02 shades available in the pale range, but neither seemed quite right. During a visit to Sephora the SA applied a new shade, 20, and it looked great. It's a neutral ivory shade; it mutes any redness without looking too yellow.

I recently purchased this in the 5 oz size for $57.00, which works out to about $11.40 per ounce, so it's actually quite economical in this size. Since it's also a body foundation, I can use it on my upper chest area where I have some broken capillaries and it mutes this problem and it's not detectable. The packaging is a sturdy glass bottle. I would recommend pouring a small bit into the palm of the hand to avoid putting your fingers over the opening.

I really love the feeling of this foundation. It goes on very smooth, and the best part is, it mixes really really well with other foundations if you need a different colour! Doesn't seperate or get goopy, like some other ones. Must have for make-up artists.

on 7/29/2005 6:55:00 AM

Isn't it amazing how a wrong coloured foundation can throw you? I took a sample a few years back in what was (at the time) the lightest colour available in this foundation, and found that it was too apricot for me and promptly assumed the product was rubbish and threw it away.....fast forward to three weeks ago....i went passed the makeup forever counter again and found that they had introduced a new lightest colour (colour 20) which was a perfect match to my porcelain pale skin, so i took another sample and realised how wrong i was about it!!
It is a very fine textured watery liquid that gives buildable sheer to medium coverage and goes on seamlessly, in fact, you hardly need to blend it at all for this reason. It covered most marks and blemishes adaquatley and i found that my concealer blended well over it and stayed put better then usual. Usually after a long day at work my concealer and foundation would start the seperate on my skin and look greasy and cakey...well it didn't happen with this foundation...it stayed completely 'uniform' all day, without the need for powder. The product was described as waterproof, and sweatproof....it is definately sweat proof, but i am not sure about waterproof, although i haven't gone swimming while wearing it i have cryed and i found it streaked where my tears ran....
I was dissapointed by the smell of the product (in the sample i took), which smelled really awful, not unlike wall-paint, but when i bought the full-sized product it was actually fragranced which was nice, and better skill, my skin has improved since using it.

on 7/19/2005 12:09:00 AM

Love it!! I love the texture, ability to build coverage; I even love the scent!!! I will repurchase this fab item when my bottle runs out. Very happy about this product.

on 6/17/2005 3:27:00 PM

I've been using this product since I was introduced to it online by some wonderful a.fer eons back and haven't looked back since.

Oh How do I love thee. Let me count thy ways.

Watery, almost non-textured gel that takes a while to get used to blend but the results are so so amazingly fantastic I wish I could coat my entire body with this supremely awesome foundation. The finish is dewy and great for all skin types except the very dry and the very oily. I buy it in the 150ml size because it's so much cheaper where I live. And the newest color #20 is a gorgeous neutral extremely pale shade. Just the way I like it.

Friends comment that this foundation is for peeps with already good skin, but I disagree. To each her own. =x

on 6/14/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a "blah" product for me. The color didn't exactly match, but not too terrible. What made me return it was the perfume scent. I cannot stand foundations with a strong scent!

on 6/5/2005 9:01:00 PM

It's a great foundation, so light and natural looking! It holds super well in summer days as well as in winter. I love it but I had absolutely no luck in finding the right color for my skin tone. I'm an NC20-25. The ones I tried were either too pink or too white. I'm gona try again to find my color. Crossing my fingers!!!!!
EDIT: Not only I can't find my colour, if I want to I'd have to mix a few together and that's very annoying. Also, the glass bottle without a pump is highly impractical. And the product smells bad. This doesn't mean it's not a good foundation, because it is, but it's not for me.