Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 4/6/2006 6:20:00 PM

This is my holy grail product,I bought this after I read some reviews here..it is THE BEST I've ever tried it also gives a professional look..yay I am happy...

on 4/3/2006 6:37:00 PM

This is a very liquidy gel foundation that you need to shake before applying. The colors tend to look pink/peach in the bottle, but I am a C2 in MAC and I purchased the No 2 which is ivory. They do sell yellow-toned colors that you can use to mix/match to your shade, but I didn't want the hassle of fulling with that. I applied using a foundation brush and it dries very quickly. I followed with their matte loose powder and my skin looks very even, smooth and my pores look small. I highly recommend this foundation. They sell it online at Sephora and some of their retail locations. It costs about $38 but will last you a very very long time. I can wear it all day and not have to touch up at all. I believe it does contain some mineral oil so I wouldn't recommend for those who have oily complexions. The one thing I really like about this makeup is that my skin doesn't feel/look like it has anything on it. I used MACs face & body foundation for years (great color selection), but that tends to leave an oily sheen on my face after several hours.

on 4/3/2006 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ohhhhhh my gooooosh. I love this product SO MUCH! The only thing I DON'T love about it is the packaging. The plump glass bottle is heavy and clumsy and I hate how wide the mouth is - I always pour out much more than I need, and I hate the fact that air, the enemy of any foundation, gets in every time I open the bottle. I would greatly prefer some sort of pump, since it's too watery to put into a tube. Other than the packaging, this is a perfect, perfect foundation. I believe it's 80% water, and feels so airy and gel-like when I put it on my face! It gives amazing coverage, because it's buildable, and it's incapable of looking fake or cakey. I used Laura Mercier TM for years, and have raved about it for years, but this blows LM TM out of the water if you have oily skin (which I do). It is a breeze to blend, and doesn't look like I have foundation on AT ALL. The problem with Laura Mercier was that, while it gave great, natural looking coverage, I could always FEEL it on my skin. With MUFE, I can put this on, and when it dries and I touch my face, it feels like I'm just touching my bare skin. Also, with LM, I always needed powder to stave off shine and oiliness, but with MUFE I really feel that powder isn't necessary. I still use powder to give myself a more finished look, but I like the fact that MUFE allows my face to stand alone without it. The only other problem, besides the packaging, is that the colors are so deceiving! I tried about four different samples before I finally found the color that matched best, and the color that matches best looks like it should be way too dark for me! The samples that I tried that looked like they should have been perfect matches always showed up too light! I guess you should just keep in mind that when the foundation dries, it's several shades lighter than it is when it's wet. Very strange, but since I've found my color, I'm not complaining.

on 3/13/2006 3:22:00 PM

Face and Body is a great foundation. There is nothing else that I would rather wear on a daily basis. I wanted to clarify some points about shades.
1. Most people can probably wear 3 shades as they are so sheer (yet buildable)
2. Most colors look pink/peach in bottle but all apply to a neutral tone

Shade 32 and 34 will work for many people

You will find that this foundation has a great natural finish (it really looks like skin), long wearing, and smooth light texture.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation I have ever tried and I have tried alot. I am very picky when it comes to foudation. I have large pores and this conceals them and definetly doesn't sink into them like other foundations. This is so buildable and natural looking even at medium to full coverage. I put this on with a foundation brush sweeping on once and letting it set for a few seconds then blend with the brush. Add another layer for more coverage where you need it. Awesome!

on 2/16/2006 7:11:00 PM

Great foundation, but definitely not for the oily skinned. This is the foundation I've used when airbrushing, and it delivers amazingly well - and the fact that it doesn't clog up the machine is a plus. Best suited for normal and dry skin types. Make Up For Ever also has a nice color selection - I don't find any of the colors to be too pink or too yellow. I wish I could wear this daily, but being an oily skinned girl, I'm shiny within half an hour of application with this. The gel formula is wonderful, though - I wish I could use it!

on 2/15/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation - great gel texture and natural look, but a bit too natural imho.

on 2/9/2006 8:30:00 PM

I think I found my HG foundation, after years of trying! I love almost everything about it: scent, thin textured, great pigmentation, and it's LONG wearing, even though it contains mineral oil. I love that is gives me a little bit of a boost of color (a little tan!) without being too dark or muddy. IT dries a little quick so you have to blend fast. I use my fingers-dont even bother using a sponge, because it'll just soak up all the product. I love that the bottle is BIG, too. I think this will last a long time.

on 2/4/2006 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although this goes for swap too, I have to say it's one of the best foundations I've tried! Unfortunatelly it's not suitable for my oily skin, but I can see it working amazingly on people with skins on the drier side. The coverage is medium and you can even add more to achieve more coverage and it still won't look cakey. It dries to a powdery finish and stays matte for a long time. Also the color adjusts to the skin tone nicely. In my case, although it wore like a dream, it also broke me out so I can't use it any longer. Bummer... I guess my face can only take mineral foundations.
This foundation does have a smell to it, but it didn't bother me.

on 1/17/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ethnicity: African decent
Skincolor: MAC NC45/Px Antelope
Skin type: acne prone, combination skin
Issues: some blotchiness, spots, dry patches

Ok this tops my list so far for THE BEST liquid foundation Ive ever used. Its got the consistency of runny egg whites. that is to say, its not completely liquid but rather the consistency of pudding that is not yet firm. It dries to a semi dewy finish, is thin, but seems to cover blemishes extremely well. You get a decent amount of product for the price too, and it comes in a 5 ounce bottle! Ive used this on my tomboy-scarred up legs also in the summer in place of panty hose.
I hope they ever stop making this. Thumbs up!